Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Too many changes
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
On the phone 100% of your shift. You sit in a call center with at least 100 other co-workers and if you stretch your arms to the side you can literally touch them. Too close working conditions. Attendance policy not flexible and you have to use PTO for sick days and accumulate points for illness or other last minute days off that come up. You bid for time off based on performance in October for the beginning of the next year so there is no way to set aside any time for illness or emergency. Your shift schedule is also based on the same performance and can change each quarter regardless of your personal or family needs.
If you like micro management and talking on the phone to unhappy people then this is the perfect job
Pros
Great vacation opportunities, benefits
Cons
Ample time off but at a PRICE
Selling Happiness IS Fun!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CA.November 7, 2018
I work at the Manteca Bass Pro Outdoor Traveler (Voted Store of the Year in 2017.) Awesome manager who knows how to train and motivate his team to victory everyday. You stand on your feet a lot and you work ALL holidays including Thanksgiving. You can make lots of money, but you must sell. You receive an hourly wage along with commission. You need to know how to handle rejection as you will be told NO a lot. You work inside Bass Pro Shops selling vacation stays to fun and beautiful locations. The environment is fun, pay is competitive, benefits and vacation available, and you get to send people on a vacation.
Pros
Work inside Bass Pro Shops, competitive pay and benefits, fun product to sell.
Cons
Retail days/hours, on feet for long periods of time
Productive and Repetitive Work Place.
Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2018
Each day is the same yet different in it's own way. Same job description with working on the phones and at the computers. Rarely the same work space however due to lack of space for the amount of employees. Ongoing of the change of employees and guest calling in typically. Many changes to product from time to time. Toughest part is getting someone to commit to something they are unsure about. Which leads to uncontrollable income for the employee. One week you can earn over $2,000 and the next barely make $500.Awesome to make a decent amount of income on a good week and in less than 8 hours a day. This job is not for everyone. Benefits and perks are a plus in it's own way also.
Pros
Free food from time to time and fun activities.
Cons
Income not steady and difficult people to work with.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We appreciate your candor in helping future associates evaluate the organization and the role within our contact center.

We are 100% aware of the space challenges and are working diligently to solve for them. It is our mission to continue to grow and evolve as an organization, and your feedback is an integral part of that process.

DO Not Work Here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2019
This is the worst timeshare company in the entire industry. They take 30% of all volume along with half of your commission. It is impossible to make any money. Although you are given a compensation package it is far from the reality of what you actually can make. The bottom line is you never know what you make by week because everything is a big secret. In four months I can honestly say I have made less than $3000 when at other company's that is a typical weekly income. Inexperienced TO's basically just drop numbers and take half your pay. Other professional companies require a 30% mentor transaction to involve a minimum of 70% involvement on the table by the TO. These thieves are getting paid to do nothing. In a small community like San Antonio good luck getting any sales people. Word on the street is a total boycott. Wake up Bluegreen before you get chased out of town.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay Pay Pay
Everyone is about making the sale
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 8, 2019
There is a lot of pressure to sell, no matter what area you work. Everyone is viewed as a number. There are some really good people within the company that give their very best and without them, Bluegreen wouldn't be around anymore. Company expects so much from the administrative and sales departments, without giving much in return. Hours are rough, expect to live at work and say goodbye to your family and friends.
Pros
Decent compensation & perks
Cons
Cutthroat management, tough demands without necessary tools
Best Company in the Vacation Industry!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Pete Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Working for Bluegreen Vacations has been an amazing Experience! The management in St. Pete is fantastic. They provide flexibility and encouragement on top of opportunities to be promoted from within. I highly recommend interviewing with them and seeing what type of opportunity may be in store for you! They give more Paid Time Off than anyone in the industry, a generous 401k match and the ability to stay at the resorts for only 75k a week up to four times a year! Who can beat that? The Director of Sales is the smartest man I know. The Director of Marketing is the most Savvy woman I have ever met and the Director of Field Admin is the most supportive boss I have ever had. They truly care for their employees. Bluegreen Vacations In St. Pete has been a wonderful work experience. Highly recommended!!
Pros
Management is top notch!, Benefits and retirement package!, Resort Stays!, Fun and friendly work environment!, Pot lucks and free tickets to theme parks are an occasional nice surprise!
Cons
none!
October 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, for the detailed review, and for the 5-star rating!

We love to hear feedback regarding our associates and management team and appreciate you recognizing our top-notch leadership approach, competitive benefits offering, and flexible culture.

We promote a culture of Share Happiness and hope that permeates throughout the entire organization. Thank you for all that you have done for Bluegreen Vacations!

Excellent work environment, good benefits.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fantasy harbour drive, Myrtle Beach s.cDecember 9, 2018
Bluegreen is a excellent work environment with good benefits. There is also room to grow. Vacation days are great and there is a culture of workers. Many employees here if you ask would help you learn something new to make you very valuable to the company which could advance you to the next position. I recommend this company to anyone looking for great benefits and a great work environment.
Pros
Vacations and Paid time off
Cons
Must put vacation days in 2 weeks in advance
December 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your review has been shared with our leadership team.

Our Engineering Department is a great team that works together in every way. We encourage each associate to feel free to ask questions and for assistance. As part of our goal to assist in the career path each of our associates partners with their department manager to craft a development plan for their success following the annual review process.

Whatever their goal we want to work with them to achieve success.

We do request a 2 week notice for PTO, this helps us to plan work schedules so that guests receive only the best vacation experience possible and all associates have an opportunity to utilize the generous PTO benefit Bluegreen offers.

Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Great place to work if you can handle the pressure
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2018
Working at a timeshare company of course has its ups and downs. We are at the mercy of tourist waves, so sometimes we are super busy and work 10+ hour days and sometimes we are so slow that you're work day is done in 4 hours. The people are awesome and supportive, but there is normally some sort of communication issue between departments. Overall, it's a fun place to work if you have thick skin and are good at customer service and paperwork.
Pros
Fun work environment, great compensation
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, communication issues between departments
November 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. Your review is important to us as we continue to grow and evolve as an organization.

We are committed to success and we appreciate you mentioning our awesome and supportive team environment. We do everything we can to provide our associates with a fun environment in which they can feel fulfilled and appreciated.

We have shared your review with our senior leadership team. Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Bluegreen has poor management and the HR department needs and Overhaul
Outlet Marketing - Sales (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 13, 2018
I saw more than one person fired or let go who tried to make a complaint to the HR department. Instead of HR and upper management handling things correctly or at least trying to correct it once they realized what was really going on, they just held their ground and some really good people got the shaft.

More than poor management, the entire HR needs to go and new people need to go in and stop thinking just because someone is a manager doesn't mean they don't make mistakes.
I saw it happen over and over.
A co-worker reports a manager for something and suddenly that person starts getting written up until they quit or are fired.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, unfair and poorly executed HR decisions
Productive and great place to work
TOUR RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 5, 2018
Wonderful place to work at. Management is great and is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is understanding the many rules that may change on a daily basis. The training is great and there is always someone on site to help you if you get stuck in a situation you are unsure how to solve.
Pros
great hours, friendly staff, wonderful management, 160 hrs of paid vacation
Cons
benefits are extremely costly, vacation time is limited though it is a lot.
November 13, 2018

Thank you you for taking the time to share your feedback. We continue to focus on leadership development to foster a strong and successful leadership culture at Bluegreen. We are pleased to read you found our training program great and effective and our relationship-centric associate culture.

Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations. Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team.

Unorganized it’s too stressful for so little pay
Activation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2018
This company has a high turnover rate. They don’t pay enough. 11$ an hour with 32 hours a week isn’t enough after taxes. Especially if you have bills. This would be a great job for minors though. Secondly if you don’t think you can constantly handle being hung up on then don’t take the offer. Training SUCKED! it lasted 3 weeks and it was just terrible at the end we had a little potluck though so I’m guess that’s cute but training still sucked. Management is a joke. I was in activations btw. Oh and you make commissions that’s 6-9$ Based on how many call you get divided into the number of bookings you make. Which really you only gonna average 6$ unless you pitch rescission what they say you can’t do but screw that do it the “top gun” (person who books the most guest)does that. They don’t listen to calls anyways. They have other positions that pay more but nobody leaves them bc they pay more so you’ll be waiting for a transfer FOREVER. Good luck with this job if you are interested in working here
Pros
Easy benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Daily routine
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2018
A typical day consisted of closing out outstanding tickets, it was a mixture of being on the phones and physically fixing something in person. The hardest part of the job was dealing with outages, as the workload becomes overwhelming. the most enjoyable part was getting thank you notes or food in appreciation.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
politics
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for the 5-star review! We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

November 13, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations and have shared your review with our senior leadership team.

Not your average gig
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 19, 2018
Bluegreen has been an incredible organization to be part of. Today, more than ever, Bluegreen is making huge strides in the digital and e-commerce space, becoming a cutting-edge, progressive organization who intends to become an industry distributor.

But beyond all the cool and fun stuff, there is Bluegreen's DNA. A company made up of loyal, dedicated, customer-obsessed individuals, all driving to make people happy as they build memories with their families.

Like any other organization, Bluegreen has its blind spots and challenges. BUT, at the core, the company truly cares about how it shows up. The leadership team wants to make a difference, and help their teams do meaningful work. And if you survey people who leave the organization, most would agree that the grass is in fact greener here.

No matter what your influences...good bad or indifferent, you should consider joining the company. Bluegreen might just be the home that you've always been looking for. And no matter what your experience here, you will ultimately gain more knowledge & insight, more friendships, and more respect for the business than you ever imagined.
Pros
Health & Life benefits, Pto, discounts, perks, philanthropy
Cons
You have to learn how to navigate through the organization and find your happiness
December 14, 2018

Thank you for your detailed review and for the 5-star rating.

We appreciate you pointing out all of the work that Bluegreen is doing to improve as a business, as an organization, as a workplace, and as a community partner.

We are thrilled to read of your positive experience, and we thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

A great company, with solid product.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwestern USNovember 29, 2018
Blue Green was a great place to work. Working my way up the ranks to DM was a fantastic learning experience, and was a defining moment in my career growth.
Pros
Compensation, Travel Benefits
Cons
consistently changing and indecisive structure.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for all of your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Overall a good company
Administrative Assistant, Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 28, 2018
Overall it is a great company to work with, but as with any job you are subject to your environment and management. Unfortunately, there is a high turn over rate within certain positions that creates discomfort for the employees.
Pros
Vacationing benefits
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. Your review has been shared with our senior leaders. We thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Overly Corporate
GSA (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 8, 2018
this company has alright benefits but the company bends you over knee to get them. overly strict and uncaring to its employees. they will nit pick at every single thing you will do. weekly homework assignments and constant being talked down to, i feel like im treated like a school child.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is very important to us that every associate is treated with respect and dignity. The type of behavior you are describing is one we do not condone and would like to further investigate.

Please contact me directly at dalia.burack@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Great company for the right person.
Sales Representative - Outdoor Traveler (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 26, 2018
It’s a great company to work for but only if you’re able to maintain your weekly/daily goals otherwise you get burnt out too quickly trying to reach those goals. You have to have the mentality and drive to really continue in this company. They offer great pay and benefits. The opportunities to move up within the company are always there and easily reachable! Stay positive and you can succeed.
October 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback, and for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations!

We love to hear feedback regarding our associates and management team. We promote a culture of Share Happiness and hope that permeates throughout the entire organization.

Fun work place with advancement opportunities.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 6, 2018
Fun company to work for with advancement opportunities. Great salary with even better bonuses! Employees with Bluegreen are upbeat and positive! Managers are very helpful and truly want to see you succeed in life!
Pros
Great salary with great people.
Cons
Needs better training system.
October 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Its always a great day to receive a 5-star review.

We appreciate all of your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Bluegreen is fabulous
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TN 37862November 12, 2018
I absolutely love Bluegreen, the team atmosphere is incredible. Great benefits and employee resources. Exceptional training and mentorship programs. Just very dissficult living on a commission based income.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your comment. We strive to be an employer of choice and offer competitive benefits.

We also understand that commission based income can be stressful, which is why we offer an hourly wage for sales associates in addition to the commission plan.

Thank you for your contributions to Bluegreen Vacations.

Not a very productive or fun place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VASeptember 20, 2018
The work relationship between the front desk admissions and the maintenance department always seemed to be strained. This made it hard to communicate with each other when it came to maintenance calls to be worked on.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Worked too many weekends.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I wanted to make sure you know that we are taking this feedback very seriously and making sure that we are making all efforts to improve the communication that was mentioned in the recent feedback regarding our resort. Thanks again for sharing and I am confident that this will be improving in short order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegreen Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss