BlueLinx Employee Reviews

Stressful and gossip
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 8, 2018
Bad place to work the supervisors are constantly on the workers throats threatening and using profanity to communicate some of the employees constantly talking politics and wearing racist symbols such as swasticas and confederate flags on their person and vehicles upper management is constantly looking to engage in arguments with the employees trying to fire the employees also every employee from the moment they walk in are complaining about money and how they would rather not be there at all
Pros
Cons
Gossip confrontation
A family atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23228October 24, 2018
Management was awesome, and very understanding. I enjoyed every aspect of the job. A typical day involved pulling orders and loading trucks. The hardest [art of the job was working in the elements.
Haven't worked there in a long time
Administrative and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 20, 2018
I'm not sure what has changed since I've not worked at this location. There are multiple positions throughout, but each with different leadership, so everyone's experience will be different.
Great Work-Life Balance
Engineered Lumber Tech. Specialist EWP Designer (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MASeptember 18, 2018
I have been working at Bluelinx for a while now, and so far so good.
Management is kind, respectful and understanding. The workplace culture is both collaborative and friendly.
Pros
Work-Life balance - Compensation - Benefits - Commision - Free Coffee - Occasional Free Lunch
Cons
Growth - no overtime (my position)
Nice Place to work
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 27, 2018
BlueLinx is a nice place of business to work. I have learned how to be a team player and also the different software programs. I would recommend this place of business to future employees.
Outstanding Workplace
Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
Great staff on board and they make you feel appreciated and comfortable. They take care of their staff. Makes you look forward to coming in to work. Always understanding and make you feel valued.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough overtime
Relaxed slow paced job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
Blue linx was an ok but there were no career advancement and it was a slow paced job. What I disliked about the job was we had to work outside and any weather no matter what
BlueLinx
Inside Account Manager and Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
I will keep this brief. My experience at this company was not positive and I spent 6 years there. They preached making your own "business" decisions while managing with a heavy hand.
Good place for Entey Level Sales
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 24, 2018
Good company to start off. They basically throw you in. They don’t coach or develop you at all. So don’t expect much in that sense. Management is basically a babysitter. Team environment can be a little tough to get used to. If you’re not sitting at your desk people will get annoyed. Even if you’re selling more than them. Basically, the culture is terrible.
Pros
Job security
It was an okay place
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
the managers where a little two faced. The department was full of women which some were afraid of a little competition. I would not go back to work there for they would ask you where you see your future and then do something not acceptable.
A wonderful place....in spite of
Corporate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
BlueLinx was a place....at least when in was still there....that was still in the practices of the 'gold old boy' ways. It was a male dominated society. Specfically a white male dominated sales force that made it difficult for most outside that description to succeed.

Specifically for me....I had a manager that was extremely knowlegeable but an absolute irritant. At times the person could be disrespectful, condescending and racist. in the span of a few seconds.

After working with the person for years....I thought it best that I leave the company.
Pros
Dedicated work force
Cons
Several people in management roles who should not be
Great job, poor managment
Market Manager/Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed my job. I loved working from home. I did not agree with the competitive nature of management. I did not agree with no pay increase within the 9 years of employment regardless of job performance.
Decent workplace, mostly slow at times
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Management does not understand the laborer positions very well. Pretty laid back but lacking in team work. Hardest part of the job is working outside year round. Easiest part is the work itself. Very easy and very understandable.
Ok place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 26, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Just not enough money for all the time. Very fast paced work an dirty. You have to wear bright neon orange or green.
Bosses can be rude.
Very stressful environment both employees are helpful
Import & Export Logistic Supervisor (6yrs) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
Company is what you make of it and can be beneficial workplace. Enjoy what you do and learn as much as you can but the company has growth potentials. I
Pros
good place to learn building material
Cons
all about the profits and less about employees
this company can't make money without selling off real estate
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2017
Excellant company to work for, if you are like a well mannered dog or if you let kids in the playground push you around as a child. Management is not creative and tend to forward the same emails back and forth to look busy. They cut way back on expenses, watered down the commissions and set unrealistic goals I was in the top 10% of the sales force, when they cut my compensation and then I was lied to by the current GM , so I left.
Fun business and great place to work
Outside Product Specialist GA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Everyday is an opportunity to improve your skill set in the Building Products business. Ever evolving business that is fun, competitive and constantly changing. If you are a "get it done" type you will thrive and have opportunities to grow with BlueLinx.
Pros
Employee benefits are in line with that of bigger companies.
Fast paced steady work
material handler (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 30, 2017
Fast paced work environment.constant interacting with customers.Steady work.Good benefits as well as paid time off. No room for advancement.Contantly loading and unloading trucks.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No room for advancement
talkinig to customer
Commodity Trader/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Wish I could of visited customers and management. Lack of communication at upper leval of management . Most of the time
upper management did not know how to interact with employees.
The keep to themselfs.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
No face to face with customers or management
Decent place to work, former co-workers made time go by.
Lead Man/foreman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2017
Blue Linx was a decent place to work. Management wasn't always fair, but the crew of good workers made things run smooth. One of my biggest issues were when I was working in their lumber department and we kept encountering snakes while we were working.