BlueLinx Employee Reviews

Competitive sales environment
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2019
Worked here for several years and was let go during a mass layoff in Jan. 2019. Pay for new hires is significantly lower than what older employees were paid. For example, many of my team members who were hired pre-recession are single income households with stay-at-home spouses. Something that would have been impossible on my salary.
Good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 9, 2019
Great place to work. Fair pay and great people to work with. Need better equipment but all worked good. Good hours no weekend. Good management they work with you.
Bluelinx
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2019
It was the best place I’ve worked for! And really didn’t want to leave my Position there. But I move back to Las Vegas. Very friendly work environment very safe company safety was a 365 days a year thing. Management was great pay was great I guess that’s why I stayed there for almost 10 years
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Florida weather
Be careful of what you say.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2019
"The flavor of the day" is the most applicable statement I could make. With the acquisition of Cedar Creek there was an influx of management with different attitudes than those experienced in the past with Bluelinx managers in charge. It was as if Bluelinx was acquired by Cedar Creek.Promotions were not always given to the most qualified persons.The good old boy culture is in effect.
Productive medium paced environment.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2019
Not the best equipment. But management made sure that any problems with equipment was repaired as quickly as possible. Management was knowledgeable and experienced at what driver and company needs were, and was ready to accommodate both. Great place to work.
Pros
Over time daily. Relaxed mediums paced atmosphere.
High stress minimal staff with high expectations
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2019
Horrible place to work. Had great warehouse supervisor who was run out of his position by a tyrant who understands nobodys personal feelings. Believes everyone is a robot and when he doesnt get what he wants yells and belittles everyone around him. Sets expectations so high they will never be met. If a situation arrises it is eveyones fault but his own.
Great Work Place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCAugust 8, 2019
It is a great place to work because you are treated fairly.
The hours are beneficial.
They pay is very fair.
The staff is friendly and easy to work with.
Don't do it
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJuly 22, 2019
The managment at Bluelinx suck. ESPECIALLY the 2nd shift supervisor, the man is a dope. He's so afraid of the union members, he won't make the right decisions. If you drop any type size lumber (48 footers), your coworkers will not help you, because they don't have to. The job is extremely stressful. You definitely do not get paid enough for this type of work. Don't do it.
Horrible
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 5, 2019
I worked at Bluelinx for 2 months before I had enough and quit. The manager trained be for all of 10 minutes and put me to work. Everyday I was given new assignments and more work to pile on top of my already stressful workload. When I started my work task that was given to me it was so behind because nobody had been working that assignment. It was just an overall headache
Not a good work environment
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 22, 2019
The only good thing about the company are the coworkers.. they will help in the best fashion they can but, you don’t get all the training you will need.
Underpaid for my experience and position
EWP Designer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 8, 2019
The job was good for the most part. Occasionally stressful compared to similar jobs. My wages were much less than similar jobs and we were scheduled to work a minimum of 45 hours a week on salary with no OT compensation. My manager promised increases more than once and failed to come through with those increases. Employees can't pay bills with promises.
long hours low pay
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2019
Word to the wise stay away, the company is trying to force the union out, forced the workers into a horrible deal ! what you pay for health insurance is going to go up for the next three years. Every year you work there you will make less money!
Pros
going home
Cons
pay, benefits
Great place to be i feel very welcome
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 1, 2019
I love the job the pay is great. The breaks were just right and the site was a very clean environment. I would say the hours are a little much but they are doable.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Staying late
Benefits not good
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Aitkin, MNMay 22, 2019
No raises one raise after one year if u smoke u get money taken from your check not fare jus not much product to run we should be running every day and we haven't been how u supposed to make money if u don't run product
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
No raises
I would not suggest this company for employment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 19, 2019
I was an administratrive assistant with night time hours. I was temporary so I was left out of a lot of meetings and other things. I was not fond of the management in the office. There was a lot of favoritism. The work was very intense and always busy. It was a position that errors could not be made. I always double checked my work.
Pros
I really liked the position
Cons
Favoritism really got in the way of work with everyone in the office.
moving fast paced
Crew Leader Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
my movement is a fast paced unloading and loading lumber and other materials from trains and flatbed and over sea containers using a forklift. during the time I was there the management was changed 6 times so management is not very skilled in his position
Over all good work place. Safety above abythimg.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2019
Look, I was caught within a merger of 2 companies. I didnt get my job in a company interview. I was important enough that they needed me till I voluntarily left. Would still be with then if that was not the case.
Pros
Pay, hour (wholesale is awesome), personel
Cons
Pay, management hours. Hourly tou will have no issue. Be realistic when you read this.
Poor Management
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2019
Bluelinx will never be the company once known as Georgia Pacific. First of all, upper management is horrible and unfortunately don’t treat employees with respect nor valves. It’s unfortunate, but the decisions that upper management make is more to secure their position, but not those of the employees.

Sadly, Bluelinx is a company that have had some of the mot talented people. People that have worked hard to advance themselves within in the company only to be told when a position is available that they are not qualified, only to give a position to some that is well like by management with no credentials related to the position. They OVER work the employees, CONSTANTLY adding additional work when a person is already overwhelmed and the worst part, they expect the same amount performance. If your unable to perform it will cost you a PAY INCREASE and guess what is the excuse, you did not meet your expectations, but no worries, we can still give you some more work to set you up for some more FAILURE. Way to go Bluelinx’s!!!!

For starts, Bluelinx treating your employees as humans would be the first step of transforming this company, because the rate this company is going, it’s NEVER going to be profitable without borrowing money and taking away everything from your employees and at this point there’s really nothing else to take.

Honestly, this was a GREAT company years ago, but I could only speak for myself, that it was only a pay check at the end!!
Cons
Upper management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 30, 2019
Overall blue linx is not a good place to work it's very toxic they only care for themself management will write false statements just so they can fire you they expect you to do your job without making a mistake
Challenging but had all the tools
Outside Sales Manager INTERNATIONAL (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2019
Really had a good expirience during my time at blue linx learned a lot and had everything to maximize my potential and they would support you as much as posible but you needed to uinderstand the capacity the company had .
Pros
Had almoust evry thing to movr foward
Cons
Some managers didnt like to take agressive decisions that sometimes needed to be made