Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Fun job, but work environment was stressful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 9, 2018
• Aided customers in purchase decisions, developing customer service skills
• Maintained a clean work space, improving organizational skills
• Built relationships with the Bluenotes team, strengthening interpersonal skills
• Worked well in a time-constrained environment
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 8, 2018
This was my first ever serious job in high school and it was a fun, encouraging environment to foster my skills initially. Wouldn't recommend it long term as it is quite tiring.
it was AIGHT
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 25, 2018
A good job to get experience. but the hours and management was horrible. Low pay and low hours is a perfect recipe for bad employees. not recommended if looking for a long term job
Pros
A job
Cons
No hours no pay
Great Job, lots of work but had its downsides.
Temporary Key Holder / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 25, 2018
Typical day at work included putting stock away, cleaning and organizing the entire store and helping customers.
i learned all about retail and time managment.
Being part of the Management team was great, had some encounter in certain situations but always got solved. the hardest part about my job was the daily drama . more enjoyable part was helping customers and making people happy.
Pros
Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Drama within staff
Good place to work for highschool
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 18, 2018
Manager takes into consideration what hours you can and cannot do and is easy to talk to.
Being a part of low management is not enough pay for all that is required of you.
Good store but bad location and not many customers.
Pros
Pretty good flexibility for hours
Cons
Not enough pay for low management
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMarch 14, 2018
Working here gave me experience with working a a professional environment. I got to work in a larger team. This job helped me improve my communications skills with greeting our customers and helping them find the perfect outfit.
Friendly and Fun
Greeter, Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2018
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Very busy
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 5, 2018
Bluenotes is a company that is fast pace and caters to customers needs. The team does its best to engage with every customer that enters the store and provide excellent service.
Upbeat and cheerful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 4, 2018
Customer service is hit and miss; never knowing if it will be a good day or bad. Me personally i do good with people and social environments so work for me is easy.
Pros
Relaxed and free
Cons
Costumer service challenges
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2018
Loved working in this environment. They let me do some of the technical stuff which I love because I just love software and computers. Learnt some knowledge about types of jeans any many more customer experience skills.
Great place to work, with amazing colleagues
Sales associate/ third key holder (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 5, 2018
As a direct bore employee I had a load of fun, learning experiences, and met some great people. I did have a few complications with the company that involved a lot of the workers, and feel as though it's my time to leave.
was not happy with the company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKFebruary 1, 2018
When i got hired i was told i was being hired for the manager position but they later said it wasnt i was just an associate. then i had gone on a leave and they had closed the doors while i was still gone and refused to pay the 2 weeks.
Cheap, Corporate, Soul Sucking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. LaurentJanuary 30, 2018
Bluenotes is a stressed out, brink of collapse cesspool of misery to work in, and that's without how people treat retail workers. Head office applies pressure to general managers to make unrealistic goals, and in turn the GMs are condescending and aggressive, and the managers have such a high rate of turnover due to this structure and are replaced with people even less equipped to handle the environment of stress.
Even if you do your job well, you'll never get a raise, but as long as you do the bare minimum, you can never be fired. Eventually you'll just quit and save yourself the exhaustion, headaches, and abuse.
Pros
discounts (20% only, sometimes better)
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2018
enjoyable staff, everyone was friendly and got along with one another, productive and yet still enjoyable. would definitely work there again, I learned a lot from the experience.
Bluenotes retail WAS AMAZING!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 19, 2018
I was working at bluenotes for my school. I was volunteering to work at bluenotes for free. The managers were amazing and really patient and really positive. I walked in to work and I never seen an employee not smile while working. I loved the environment and wish I could have volunteered for a lot longer. The experience was amazing and really educating.
Pros
I was in the mall so I could go around and have a variety of choices for food
Cons
the costumers that were really angry.
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 10, 2018
it is an alright starting job for beginners, wage is regular with a great discount in the company. great coworkers and the culture surrounding the company is good
Great Place To Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 5, 2018
The staff was wonderful to work with and the atmosphere was relaxed and laid back. Product was good quality and very comfortable. I usually worked in the fitting rooms, helping customers with sizing and adding on items.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 3, 2018
met a lot of nice people and developed useful skills from working here. It was my first job so I definitely learned a lot , I still go back and visit people i've met.
Fun
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 28, 2017
Doing my work experience at blue notes was amazing because I learned a lot of new things while working their. It was a lot of fun. I learned how to tag the clothes and the accessories.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Breaks were a little too short
Great place to work if you're looking for a fast-paced retail job
Full-time Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 21, 2017
I worked here for over a year and got 2 promotions within the span of 1 year. They do not pay you enough for the amount of work they expect you to do. You do a lot of things that are not listed in the job description simply because management is not interested in doing it by themself. However, by doing so it helped me to learn and advance in this company fairly quickly. Although I got 2 promotions and work a 40 hour week, I barely make anything for the amount of work I do. It's fairly fast paced due to the prices being decently cheap so you're always busy doing something. If you have a good manager, working for this company is great.
Pros
Working with and meeting great people
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.