Play YouTube video button

BluePearl Veterinary Partners Employee Reviews

United States206 reviews
Featured review
BluePearl Veterinary Partners selected this as a representative review
I have worked at BluePearl for almost 6 years. This company and facility has helped me grow so much. I started as a veterinary assistant in the ER. Worked up to working with the Critical Care department. I completed a online veterinary technician program and the whole facility and staff was so helpful in helping me to complete my tasks for school and even my videos. I graduated in 2018 and worked as a ICU technician before moving to the Oncology department and starting a new part in my career. I love this facility, my management, and my staff. Everyone is so supportive of everyone else and it really does feel like I have friends and family here. The benefits of working for this company have been wonderful. I have earned PTO that has increased over my length here. I received CE credit for conferences or just CE's that I want to participate in. The management team is great about making sure you get time off that you request for personal or CE. I get a scrub allowance every year that allows me to purchased full sets of scrubs and jackets and sweaters to wear to work. There is overtime and holidays paid at time and a half and even holiday flex hours to be used to cover taking some time off. I also love that Trupanion is an option to sign my pets up for through the company and receive a discount. I love working for this company and I love working with the my team and staff. Great place to work.
I have worked at BluePearl for several years now and I have never felt more success in a job than I have been with BluePearl. I've always wanted to advance my knowledge and career and this is definitely the place to do it. The building has so many specialties that all work together--it provides pets and clients with the best care possible. The team works so strong together and everyone here is so knowledgeable, I don't think I will ever leave! Everyday is a learning experience and I enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
Knowledge, career advancement, competitive pay
Cons
Lower CE benefits
I had the pleasure of working at multiple locations until I had to leave to care for my mother. Everyone from corporate office to the clinic was wonderful. Of course there will be people you don't get a long with but there were very few bad apples for me. I made great friends and memories.
Pros
Good work environment, management, and benefits
Cons
PTO is minimal
If you're too stupid to notice that these hospitals are constantly hiring, then you deserve to work for this god awful company. You're not just a number to this company, you're whatever's less than a number. You'll work back to back to back 12 hour shifts with no breaks, don't even ask for one or you'll be ridiculed because the one thing this company is good at is turning people cold and heartless. Management will lie right to your face with out skipping a beat. Just stay away!
Pros
Occasionally interesting cases
Cons
Not enough space to list them all
Ever since becoming a veterinary technician I struggled to find true passion with this career. I thought I loved being in general practice, but very quickly became bored with the work and never truly felt like I was accomplishing anything nor did I feel like I was making an impact on pets or their owners.
Since starting employment with Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners, I've become so much more engaged in veterinary nursing and every day I'm eager to learn more. Working here allows me to feel more connected to the community and I've found the passion I was looking for.

I'm always in complete awe of my coworkers, both technicians and assistants. They are an amazing team to work with and their compassion for our patients is never ending.

It's not easy to find a career and place of employment where you love what you do, who you work for, and who you work with. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I've found my place in veterinary medicine at Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners.
Interesting cases but it is hard to level up here. You are started at a base level no matter where you are in your career. Leveling up is based on checklist that do not utilize your skills.
When working here you know that what you are doing is truly making a difference. Even if it’s to only one pet. Management really does try to fix the problems that arise and accommodate their employees.
Pros
Flexible, accommodating
Cons
Staff can be rude
I feel that BluePearl as a whole company isn’t a bad company. This particular location needs a reset button. Understaffed, clinicians rude to staff, divide, and the practice manager plays favorites. Burnout is a real thing at this location. They don’t promote within and when they do the candidate selection isn’t ideal, again to management playing favorites. It has turned into a very toxic environment
Pros
CE Allowance
Cons
Everything in the comments above
It has been an amazing place. I work with people I love and have never been happier. It has given me the chance to grow over the years. I hope to continue to grow here.
I want to start this by saying, I am giving BluePearl 4 stars solely based on the quality of their pet care. Their main veterinarians and surgeons were AMAZING and do insanely good work. I simply DO NOT suggest working here. I was super happy to start my job with this company. They did a great job at teaching me what I needed to know. I loved getting to help the animals. I did, however, struggle with many issues that could not be overlooked. Working 10 hour shifts is not a problem, when you actually get a day off that you ask for... but they will constantly schedule new hires for the absolute worst shifts that they cannot handle. (The hardest shifts, overnight by themselves, etc) I also had a MASSIVE issue with some of the techs trying to run me off with their terrible attitudes. There were a select few that treat the front area workers like absolute garbage both in person and over the walkie talkie. Nobody does anything about it, and it is super unprofessional. Also, if you are working alone and not working fast enough during a rush- it all falls on you, as the front desk worker. Even though you are a new hire. You can also forget about taking a bathroom break if you are working alone... that doesn't happen. All in all, I loved helping all the wonderful pets, but many that worked at the hospital had to ruin it.
Pros
helping animals
Cons
not flexible with hours, toxic environment, underpaid
I used to work at Downtown Blue Pearl in NYC and the management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Everyone quits because of the hospital manager. Always has a problem with techs and doctors. Some doctors refuse to work here because of the hospital manager. Seriously I don't understand how the higher ups haven't fired the hospital manager by now. Makes it very uncomfortable to even be at work. The hospital manager is the reason why this hospital is falling apart and they have no staff.
Don't do it, patient care sucks!!
Management is non existent

Hospital culture is disgusting

Toxic energy and environment

Record everything from interview to meetings

Keep looking there's no place worse than here 😁
Your coworkers are your constant support. Management is a 3 ring circus (except the Queens location). At one point You may not have a Practice Manager. Most Supervisors do support you, but they can only do so much. Most of the Doctors are great. Overnights are a nightmare. Usually under staffed with too many patients.
Was excited to work here but it turned out to be a bad experience. Insufficient management, severely understaffed, low pay, also a high school clique environment where you can't do anything right with speciality veterinarians and team leads getting power trips from pointing out each mistake.

All of the above was mainly experienced on day shift. Night shift staff were completely different (at least when I was there) with all of them being nice and wanting to get to know you, also everyone helped each other out despite being understaffed.

Not many chances for bathroom or meal breaks during a 10-12 hour shift due to being understaffed, I also got burned out quickly and no longer had a social life because the hours conflicted with family events and time with friends. The only enjoyable parts were learning about the veterinary business as well as getting to know the regular clients and their pets, I would have stayed if the pay and experience had been better.
This place is a soul sucker. They don't value their workers, it's nothing but drama and toxicity. You can never do anything right, and you're expected to be a whipping boy. They don't care about the mental health of their employees, and would rather indulge in pettiness than run a respectable business.
I find that people who are sensitive will not survive working here. There is a huge turn over rate- constantly hiring. My department made me feel great sometimes but also like I didn't belong in other times. The ER technicians are amazing and they are where I found solace in this chaotic job. Most managers did not want to deal with anything and would often give you an "uhm okay..?" When fielding a call
DO NOT SIGN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS IF YOU LIVE IN "AT WILL" STATE! Only sign when they change terms and cant fire you at will. I have worked for Blue Pearl for 4 loyal years. I was falsely accused and conveniently terminated. Management will get rid of anyone for whatever suits their interests without ethics and leave you unable to work again or to receive unemployment.
Blue pearl in chesapeake has made me clearly see racism in the workplace. Management plays favoritism and does not take into account that all employees should be treated equally. As far as co-workers many are condescending and have a attitude that shows they are out to get you in trouble with management. You can work hard and be dedicated but they will find a way to make working miserable. As far as the doctors they are rude and show no respect to anyone. If you want to be a part of a team there is not team here everyone is rude and nasty there is no sense of respect for others and you will be miserable with the negativity
If you are in the emergency/critical care department you definitely work in a fast-paced and often stressful or emotional environment. Often get overtime. Everyone at the practice is growing and so is the hospital itself. It's not perfect, but I don't think you'll find a 24 hour hospital that is. The best part is the team. They are fun and everyone seems to get along well. I love the benefits.
All negative reviews about blue pearl are true, at first I didn’t believe it because i wanted to work in a vet hospital. The staff are unprofessional and rude. Almost high school like setting. Management gives you a chance even if you have no experience but the office staff make sure you feel unwelcome.
Managment is horrible. They like to deligate their responsibilities to staff members. People are giving notice on a daily basis. People are overworked and not appreciated. Overtime is not allowed so the more staff that leaves the more overworked we get. Its very sad to see a company that was once full of joy going down the tubes. Thanks BP
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BluePearl Veterinary Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight