BluePearl Veterinary Partners Employee Reviews

Abysmal
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Patient care standards are pretty low, mostly because techs in that particular hospital did not care about much other than getting through the day. Compensation is inadequate and not at all competitive. For a corporate company there is more emphasis on profit over retaining quality employees. Benefits are not competitive and need to be revamped.
Pros
I quit, that was the biggest pro
Cons
too many to list, see above
Ever evolving atmosphere
Veterinary Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 16, 2018
Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is essential for working in emergency medicine. It is a great place to learn new methods for everyday veterinary medical facility needs, and growth is possible for all that work there.
Pros
Great peer relationships.
Cons
Management's hands are often tied.
Great place to learn but you're just a number
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 10, 2018
I learned a lot in this fast pace environment but it is not for the weak willed. Management is incompetent and is of no help to employees beneath them. They do not find anyone to be an asset to the company, especially if you are a tech or csr, you are just another number and completely expendable.
Pros
Paid CE after the first yr, scrub allowence, opportunity to learn
Cons
Everything else
Lacking in good administrative team
LVT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Like other reviews here, Blue Pearl is and can be a stressful place to work, fast paced and lack of staff. Although there are talented technicians and drs, most of the administrative staff/support is not good. Truly condescending group of people. An example is hiring an unlicensed technician (technician through experience, NOT educated in a school and taking state boards) to be a part of the administration, who had slept with another administration staff to get the position.
Pros
Talented technicians and drs
Cons
understaffed, administration
Beware
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 15, 2018
Managed by an ego driven poor excuse of a manager! This place will watch you kill yourself working short staffed and do nothing about it except make completely inappropriate comments. Upper management is fully aware and makes comments such as “we are aware and we are working on it”.
Pros
Some amazing staff and doctors!
Cons
Management is a complete disaster!
Great team to work with
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 6, 2018
Great team of doctors, technicians, assistants and CSR's to work with. They are all amazingly talented and passionate about what they do and are always willing to teach and to learn. There is never a lack of learning and growing opportunities and the management team tries to assist and encourage you in that process. I have learned a great deal of things that I never expected to get the opportunity to learn including the placement of central lines and indwelling sampling catheters and working with blood products on an almost daily basis. I have also had the opportunity to see and help manage some amazing and unusual cases. However, the ER is not for everyone and can be a very stressful place to work on a daily basis. But if you want to be somewhere that you will never be bored working at and you can feel challenged and encouraged to learn new things every day. This may be the place for you.
Great Place to Work
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 2, 2018
I really enjoy working at BluePearl and learning new things like epidurals, arterial line placement and management, and sciatic and femoral nerve blocks. Work environment is dependent on the people you work with which fluctuates with time, but management is great and very supportive of employee happiness.
They see you as a number or a machine.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2018
Job culture- its the exact story of the corporate monkey.
Only major holidays are being observe. Healthcare is less enticing. They promised a better healthcare benefits but two years passed, its still a promise. Management attitude towards associates are bland. They dont care! They see you as a machine. They're focused on your mistakes and not on your strengths. Managers lacks empathy. They only see numbers. Mars has a lot of money to buy new hospitals but they forgot to add more people to do the job specially in the Support group. Management is disorganized.
New hire get a good start up salary but they forgot to give good raise for those who works longer there. They dont have loyalty incentives.
Pros
401K, Pto, Uniform Allowance
Cons
Only major Holidays are observe. Limited to NO Advancement.
Great staff.
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 20, 2018
I do not want to give this review. I do not want to share what its like working at blue pearl. My personal review should not persuade anyone else to work there.
Great place for learning, fast- pace atmosphere, almost everyone is friendly and hardworking
Vet tech (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TnMarch 12, 2018
Great job, with plenty of opportunities to learn, improve tech skills, and job advancement. Always something to do and very fast- paced. Surrounded by doctors and technicians that love the animals and what they do! Depending on what department you work in you can work 4 days and have 3 days off.
Pros
Free Education/ce reimbursement, scrub allowance, flexible/negotiable working hours in some departments, health insurance
Cons
Stressful workload at times; short breaks at times; health insurance is good, but could be better

Want to know more about BluePearl Veterinary Partners?

Ask a question
Great clinical staff but very poor senior leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2018
BluePearl has some of the best and most educated veterinary professionals I have worked among since joining the veterinary profession over 10 years ago. They are all compassionate and devoted to patient care.

Senior leadership however lacks in providing solutions to staff being overworked, over-stressed and underpaid. The overall focus of the leadership team at this company is solely on increasing profits by becoming bigger and not simply by just becoming better.
Pros
Great staff and great patient care
Cons
Poor senior leadership, poor compensation and poor benefits.
productive and fast paced work enviroment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2018
A typical day at work was both stressful, fulfilling, and educational. I learned a variety of skills from customer/ front desk skills to technical skills. There were many management types that were so contradicting of one another and didn't fit with the direction the company is heading. I enjoyed the close family environment and learning new things every day.
Pros
Education, fast pace, teamwork
Cons
management, lack of appropriate compensation
Doctors and Nurses are not properly trained! To many animal fatalities
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Would not recommend working here and definitely dont bring your pet here! You will be sorry! The most untrained, uninformed facility in the entire country you could ever possibility imagine!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Everything, Care, doctors, staff, costs, hours, laziness, stupid place to work.
Overworked with poor management
LVT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Most of the managers were plopped into their roles with little training. The floor staff often didn’t get required breaks and most felt under compensated. Patient care was good but only because of the staff who cared enough to put up with the stress and lack of cohesive and supportive management.
Pros
Good patient care
Cons
Lack of breaks, understaffed, lack of proper leadership training
Working at Blue Pearl
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2018
While the medicine practiced is excellent, management has a lot to learn. The staff is lacking the support they need, are overworked and the benefits/pay are not worth the stress.
Great culture, good people, growing pains
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2018
The company has grown tremendously on the backs of good hardworking leaders, but they refuse to grow the support staff to a commensurate size. Fun place to work with very good people, but expect to work hard.
Pros
Good people, honest business
Cons
Expensive healthcare options, few options for growth
Was a great place but the PSC manager left and the replacement was sub par
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Overall it was a decent place to work. However we were understaffed the majority of my employment and having the head quarters in Tampa meant that things would change slowly. New department manager was not adequate for the position
Loved working here, except for management.
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 19, 2017
I loved when MARS took over and started mandating safety policies. I come from a corporate background so know the heartache, but it's worth it.

Management made my job very hard with their - not so corporate, do as they pleased - mindset. It was very frustrating on a daily basis. I would not hear from my manager for months, even when I e-mailed, flagged her down, etc. I had to go to corporate just so I could sit down with her.

Ideas that I had for the company were constantly looked over until months later when the same, new policies came down from corporate. I even tried to help doctors with CE presentations and make sure the information was from reliable, backed sources and cited properly but the managers did not care and did the presentation without proper work. This terrifies me since the company holds many CE's and they just gave out whatever information they want instead of founded work. I definitely would not want BS information after going through all the work to earn my title.
Pros
Great work family, great benefits, innovative
Cons
Acquired Management is very poor.
Bluepearl
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 4, 2017
I have worked for Bluepearl for over 3 years now as a veterinary receptionist. It is very fast paced and there are several different specialty doctors. Multiple phone lines and a very fast paced office.
Pros
Occasional Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Short or no breaks
Don't use this place..uncaring about your pets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2017
Poor management. Co workers in customer service were very young, cut throats. Management did not seem to care that they were constantly on their phones, Facebook, etc. Comment was made to me that I am too old to fit in. Received horrible training from inept coworker. Made complaint to corporate, and contacted EEOC and attorney. Filed lawsuit for discrimination.
Very uncaring regarding sick and injured pets..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BluePearl Veterinary Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight