BluePearl Veterinary Partners Employee Reviews

Looks better on paper but nightmare to work for
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 19, 2019
This place is really and literally a joke. People are paying money and leaving their critical animals in the care of inexperienced technicians and doctors right out of school because the company can pay them less but still charge thousands of dollars. The hospitals were bought out by a multi million dollar corporation and have barely been updated. Nurses don’t follow the protocols Blue Pearl set for themselves leading to many mistakes. Technicians who have been there for over a year still have not been properly trained and killing patients with medications and still have a job. They just throw people right on the floor because they are a warm body. Don’t even think about advancement in the company unless you become friendly with the management team. Hard work, dedication, and skills will get you nowhere. Hospitalized patients treatments and medications are being done hours late. Not only would I never work here again I would never trust the staff with my own pets. BEWARE! Try other ER speciality clinics first or use Blue Pearl as a stepping stone. Don’t put too much effort into the company because it won’t put much effort into you.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Everything else
Poor management, Lack of training and growth opportunities
Certified Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 11, 2019
I thought I was going to really like my job at BluePearl a lot. In the end, it's one of the worst jobs I have ever experienced. There is nepotism within the hospital which goes against policy. The day staff versus night staff feud is extremely toxic. Management does not see anything through. Training is all over the place, and you are not actually trained for the role you are hired for except for maybe 3 shifts out of 12 or 15 training shifts. Explained not feeling trained for my role to management one person states that they will change my role to one I did receive training for, but then there is not follow through. If you call out due to illness, they retaliate by applying your PTO to your check whether you want to or not. Don't bother trying to ask for a day off either because they will take forever to approve or deny it. In the end you just get stuck sending an e-mail about the shift to be forwarded out. There is no sense of team as you have to offer to pay others extra money out of your own pocket to pick up shifts for you. No point in working somewhere so awful when there are better places to work.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts on medical care for pets
Cons
Terrible management, Toxic environment, Lots of drama and gossip
Great company to work for if you want to stay in one position.
Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 11, 2019
On site management is great. Working with the staff is great. Just wish they would promote from within instead hiring from outside. It is very discouraging thinking you are not good enough. It depends on who you know in order for you to be promoted.
Pros
culture, staff morale, work environment
Cons
No promotion
Very Family like work place
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Due to this being an emergency hospital along with specialty, there are times when you are really busy and can feel overwhelmed. What gets you through is the capability to depend on your teammates to help out when needed. Its like having a second family.
Great medicine, horrible place to work
Veterinary Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 4, 2019
Long hours, no ability to move to daytime when I couldn't do ON anymore. Don't bother getting an ADA as they just force you out. No room for advancement and no training on night shifts. Management doesnt give a rats butt about its people.
Pros
Benefits, free scrubs
Cons
No work life balance, no advancement
Horrible management at senior level
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
You are a number only and the values they state only seem to apply to the mid to lower levels. If you do get offered a job and really need one fine but don’t stop looking. The HR department is only there to protect the company and not the employee...don’t forget this.
Pros
Most mid to lower level employees are fun and great workers
Cons
Many but lack of values from senior leaders is largest
Enjoyed job and people
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2019
While I was at BP, I really enjoyed my time there! I got along with the staff well and enjoyed the patient care work. I'd definitely recommend this company to a friend! I only wish I was paid better, and I would have stayed!
Never called back
Interviewing stage (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 25, 2019
I know when an employer doesn't call you back, it more than likely means that you were not offered the job, however I called 3x and no one ever called me back. I was in for an initial interview and a working interview and after emails and phone messages, they were never returned.
Pros
Large facility and room for growth
Cons
Never returns calls
Not a great place to work
Financial / Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NYCJanuary 14, 2019
Pay is bad, too many cliques, no accountability, a lot of in fighting. It's a shame because this place has the potential to be wonderful place to work but the higher-ups, play favorites.
Awesome team
RVT (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 11, 2019
Everyone is supportive of personal and professional growth. Your ideas and opinions are valued. It's the true definition of a work family environment, where everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth
Cons
401k match
Fun people in a high stress job
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 5, 2019
The people were amazing and I’ve seen some really exciting medicine. If you can handle the stress and love animals this place is for you. There was never a day I didn’t learn something.
Email, Email, Email
LVT (level 3)/CVT (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 24, 2018
its all about the Emails!!!!!! got an issue? better email it!, got a question? better email it! and don't expect an actual answer, "we'll look in to that". Someone else doesn't like you? bet you'll find out in a meeting that they had to call because they got an Email.

No actual investigations are done there, an email is just a direct demerit. Unfortunately the rest of the world works on a justice system where there are 2 sides to every story, but not here.

If you are just a "yes man" and don't ever stand up for yourself and you are quiet and keep your head down , this place is just for you!!

Their patient care is a JOKE!!!!!
Pros
Money for cost of living
Cons
management
Lack of communication
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 23, 2018
Management rarely responded to concerns from employees if they responded at all. You can ask 3 managers the same question about protocol and you will get 3 different answers that seems to have been what ever popped into their head. It has such potential but they're too big for their own good. A lot goes unnoticed, good and bad.
Pros
24 hour work availability and access to specialist.
Cons
Lack of communication and lack of follow through from management.
Horrible Management and Childish Atmosphere
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2018
When you take over a clinic you should really get to know your management and watch them work for a while; some people are not meant for management. Egos need to be in check before you're fit for management.
Like many specialty hospitals,
they think they are the best of the best. Trust me they are not, they don't care about their employees, they don't care about the area clinics, and they don't care about the customer. They care about the almighty dollar. If you are coming from a general practice, you are in for a shock when you hear how they talk about your previous clinic (your friends, your former boss, and your roots in the vet field).

Long work days, no breaks (that includes lunch, hope you can stuff your face really quick in 5 minutes).
Gossip, gossip everywhere. Little teenage, high school cliques. Every good person that works there leaves quickly, because they hate the culture.

Rules change daily, with little respect to how to implement the rules, or how that will change the dynamic of the team and workday. Training is done by trial by fire.

I learned just how much workplace culture means to me.

Want to leave and find something better? No worries, they'll hold the door open for you as opposed to find ways to keep you there.
Pros
Good competative pay.
Cons
Horrible Culture - reflects management.
Good job. For the most part work with positive people that want to get things done.
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 25, 2018
This is the best job I have had as an LVT. Scheduling is good and the majority of the people you work with are fun. I have had the chance to learn a good amount more about anesthesia.
If you liked High School, You'll love this job.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 15, 2018
Workplace Cliques, Inappropriate comments made by co-workers and management, Long hours. MARS company seems to care more about money than patient care.

I also have noticed that pay is not based on experience or education... it's biased.
Pros
Paid time off, Holiday Pay, Health Ins. Working with animals and interesting medical cases
Cons
No breaks, long hours, gossip, poor/no management, lots of meetings with no changes, poor pay
ridiculous management
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 14, 2018
when a coworker reviews and rewrites the medical notes that you originally wrote this company will hold you responsible and fire for "Grammatical Errors" They back stab new employees and go behind their backs to make them fail as much as possible. I was completely caught off guard with how fake the staff at this hospital is and how disgusting they treated me.
poor regional management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 16, 2018
poor culture and local management. Lots of changes that occur very quickly with little thought about floor impact. Unable to keep doctors due to poor regional and doctor management.
If you’re not in the “popular crowd” good luck
Kennel Attendant/Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 1, 2018
Promises are not kept. If you’re not in the clique, you’re going nowhere. You are treated like a second rate citizen. Your title is the level of respect you get. I loved the Doctors. The animals and doctors are the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Animals and Doctor care
Cons
Lack of respect and empty promises
Run! Fast!
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Worked here and leaving was the best decision I ever made. Management is never on the same page, and allows departments to create cliques. They hardly ever follow through on what they say, or what you need. So hard to accomplish ANYTHING here because of the segregation; lack of team work. Patient care definitely takes a backseat to profit. Quality of pet care is scary, and at one point most surgery patients ended up with pseudomonas.
Pros
There’s an opportunity to learn... now whether they’ll teach you is a different story
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BluePearl Veterinary Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight