Blueprint Schools Network Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
A good learning experience
Fellows Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2017
This position allowed me to grow and develop my management skills. I learned about hiring and training employees and how large school districts operate.
Pros
Development
Cons
leadership
Management sucks!!
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILOctober 18, 2017
I have been with the company for 3 years now and the cycling of people is like on a monthly basis. Not a good long term company to be with....very stressful and demanding. The supervising team is not experienced in their jobs at all. I would recommend this job if you want to work with kids and make a difference but not something you should do forever. My supervisors were cold and unwelcoming people which made it very hard to work with up until I left. For the little pay you receive and high demand they expect from you it is just not worth the stress!!
Pros
Helping kids learn
Cons
Rude management, hard work, stressful environment, little pay
Not worth your time
Math Fellow/Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 22, 2016
If you want to be a teacher go to school for it, this job is excess work with negative pay. The expectations are ridiculous, but the students are great!
Pros
Expanding the minds of youth
Cons
Constant critism, daily meetings, excess emails, 60+ hours work weeks, nonlivable wage
Great experience and learning environment
MATH FELLOW (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2016
Blueprint is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally. They are with you step by step and continually observe your work ethics to helps you become a stronger teacher and more effective.
Pros
Great hours, salary
Cons
work/life balance
Great opportunity for a year of service, or to "get your feet wet" in Education if considering a career change.
AmeriCorps Program Associate/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2015
I was a multiyear Fellow, and had an extremely positive experience overall. I was attempting to make a significant career change to Education, and was fortunate to find Blueprint and the Math Fellows Program in St. Louis. Working in small group tutorial sessions where I was teaching a structured, gradual release lesson everyday was a tremendous learning experience in terms of understanding what it takes to be an effective teacher on a daily basis. There were reasonable planning and preparation expectations -- I never felt overwhelmed by the amount of work necessary to be an effective Fellow. It was all very informative and great training/practice for me as I worked towards earning my certification to teach High School Math. I think it's also important to highlight the level of support I had from my Coordinator, and the program in general.
Pros
On-going training and professional development, provide improved educational opportunities to at-risk youth, great co-workers, great experience if you're at all interested in education
Good for Short Term - Overall it's "okay"
MATH FELLOW (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2015
Blueprint provides free healthcare, but it's extra if you have other family members. We were held to the standards of the teachers although we were paid significantly less. Meaning that we created lesson plans, assessments and behavior plans for our students. The Site Coordinators "do" that but oftentimes don't know the students well enough to execute their plans. They also used a form of technology to assess students that didn't accurately assess learning, meaning the fellows were blamed if a student's score decreased. Although the fellows were the foundation of the company, we weren't always treated as such. There were many times our opinions on how to handle student issues were ignored and our plan times were cut to be more "efficient". Overall, this non-profit is good if you want to learn a great deal about public school districts. But they're not exactly the type of non-profit you'd want to stay at for longer than a school year.
Pros
Ability to learn alot, gateway to become a teacher
Cons
Short breaks, management isn't very supportive, poor technology
Excellent Model for Intervention
Math Fellows Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
Blueprint has a phenomenal model for intervention. It also has the capacity to foster development of Fellows into educational careers. the support that Blueprint offers as a reflective organization is unmatched.
Supervisors and Organization
Mathematics Fellow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2014
The non-profit has a great idea for helping inner city students with improving math gaps but they have not organized it in a way to make it successful unless you implement the complete reform model. I was part of just the math tutoring program and it was not well organized. Information was not passed on correctly and most of the time I just did not know what was expected of me as a coordinator. The most enjoyable part was working with students and my co-workers. The hardest part was working with leadership to get the support I needed to do my job successfully.
Love what you do, just not how
Math Fellow (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2014
I love working with my students at Blueprint.

My management and bosses, however- are disorganized, frequently fail to complete their job obligations (and then fault the Fellows for those short-comings), and create a negative work culture (which isn't the worst thing when you aren't spending 50-60 hours a week teaching in a difficult environment for little pay or reward).

For people with backgrounds in education, they frequently don't give clear instructions or expectations-though it's expected that we provide these things for students.

I honestly love my job-but my supervisors and the work culture make it difficult to get through a week.
Pros
great benefits, feel-good work
Cons
disorganized, negative culture, low pay, hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blueprint Schools Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Blueprint Schools Network Reviews by Location