BlueScope

• Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Eh

Okay place to work. Management is quick to turn there back on you over the little things. No respect between departments and a lot of drama everywhere

Pros

Vacation time, benefits

Cons

Management, supervisors

Good money long hours 2 10 minute breaks 20 min lunch

10-12 hour days most of time, so much drama I never missed a day but had to quit due to the insane work environment. Knew how to do my job that wasn’t the issue, 3rd shift supervisor was impossible to work for.

Pros

Money benefits

Run trouble management

Not a good place to work !! Management is trouble.. it don’t matter what department you go to they all are bad . Run from bluescope !! The pay is not right . You can go to any other job and get paid more then what they start off with .

Cons

Management, pay

Great job

Love the people and the work environment . Hours were long but the pay was worth it over all .. I say if you got a interview with them and try g work for them go for it

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Nice friendly people to work with as a new hire they made me feel very welcome

Good place to work the only reason i left is because i found a job closer to home and days but if anything happens at my current job they said i would be welcomed back just abunch of good people to work with

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Click groups

Wouldnt recommend this place..they all hang out with each other after work so if u dont agree with any one of them then u are gone! U also dont get a full 10 minute break as it takes 5 minutes to walk to the break room.

Pros

Free lunch occasionaly

Cons

Not full 10 min break

Fast Paced Work Environment

Good Company, Best Insurance I ever had, and best 401 k package I ever had, decent pay, company supplies all necessary safety apparel for work, safety is #1, tool box meetings, very for employee company, management is very flexible, hardest part of the job is, it is Hard Work, you need to keep up with the pace.

Pros

Break every 2 hours, Overtime, Company Perks

Cons

Very Fast paced work environment. No excuses Swim or Drown

Work culture isn’t great

● Work-life balanceMandatory Over time is completely seniority based as well as lay offs● Pay & benefitsBenefits are received within the first three months. No paid days off until the year mark● ManagementManagement is great. They push but they are generally sympathetic● CultureManagement is pretty good. HR is a little too relaxed. Employees are well opinionated● OverallGreat fun job. Requires some critical thinking which I enjoyed. Pretty decent pay and benefits. The culture was the reason that I left. The employees like to gossip & can, more often than not, come off as belittling, or holier than thou. Though management is amazing employee to employee, they seem to turn the other cheek when it comes to some of the long time employee’s intimidation tactics. I hope that they’ve done something to remedy that, because if you take away the drama, and the completely seniority based system, and replaced it with a cycled mandatory over-time/lay-off schedule it’s a really great union job. But I fear they still have trouble holding onto hard working newer employees simply because they’ve been there for less time than someone with the exact same position.

Loved the set 8 hour work schedule and great people

This is one of the best companies I ever worked, some of the best people I ever worked with, and great set 8 hour work schedule and decent pay, not to mention great work environment.

Great stepping stone into job market

When I took this position I assumed full time meant guaranteed 40 hours a week. They have a slow season of about four months and you aren't paid the days your off unless your using vacation hours. So that work/life balance isn't there. I would say for kids right out of high school this would be an ideal first job.

Bluescope Construction is a company that cares about me and my family and provides a salary to fit the economy. Wasn't terminated the concrete division closed in Greer SC. They provide 401k and a spending limit for my medical expenses also offered me the opportunity to work with the steel division.

Tolerable

I'd rather not say. I've heard it's better with new management. which would be 100% improvement. I left and became an ironworker. They gave me skills I'll use forever.

Pros

Steel workers Union with excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Unrealistic weight per hour quotas

This was a much better place to work before the company was restructured

Worked there for a long time and enjoyed my work and how the company was run for the most part. Sadly after the company was merged with our former competitor the company has gone down hill. The quality is gone, the benefits and pay have been reduced, and morale is at an all time low. The company is mismanaged on many levels and any improvements are years behind schedule. Many of the people who work there are good people, but unfortunately they are stuck in a situation beyond their control. Any enjoyment that I once had at my job has been gone for years.

Poor management

The Human resource manager is a liar and heartless. Does not stand by his word. You will make good money and have great benefits. Management is awful.

Productive and challenging work environment. New tasks and projects everyday. Sometimes the company would try new part designs and I would have to determine if it could be done safely and efficiently. Factoring in how many steps were involved in manufacturing the product and coorrordinating how it is shipped.

Pros

Pay, Benifits and 401K

Cons

Lots of long hours and no pay lunch

There were good times and bad times at BlueScope but I was proud to be working there and did my best

Excellent company to work for. My plan was to retire from there but the plant closed. I would love to work for them again, I was offered a job at another plant but could not take it at the time.

Too big?

I learned so much about manufacturing and Blue Scope did provide so many opportunities. The pay and benefits are higher than those in area but the schedule and hours can be long - so not so good work-life-balance. The hardest part of the job was dealing with coworkers that felt entitled because of the rampant nepotism and a management staff unwilling to confront it. At some point, a company becomes so large that in it's effort not to discriminate against anyone they end up discriminating against everyone.

Pros

Compensation, Benifits, Oportunities

Cons

work-life-balance, culture

safety driven

Bluescope is a great place to work. they have decent bennifits, a good and diverse cultural environment and good training and advancement opportunities. Safety takes top priority here. The hardest part of the job is the long hours that come with the busy season.

Pros

community and family oriented

Cons

long hours when busy but also times where very slow and hours lost

I would recommend

Stable work environment and they prefer to promote from within. Not the most dynamic benefits package but not a negative. Very conservative organization.

Fast paced

Fast paced but stressful. If you dont hit goals, termination is an option. Lots of saturdays to work between April and December seeing as its a construction related business. Fair pay. Insurance could be better.

dirty place but good pay

it's a dirty place but union so the pay is good. it's benefits are pretty standard for everywhere else in the rock county area. winter is a slow time for production

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlueScope. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BlueScope