Bluestone Physician Services Employee Reviews

Inovative company, friendly co workers but too focused on making money
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 29, 2018
Bluestone is an amazing company that focuses on the advancement of home health care. Great management and friendly coworkers. Care Coordinators are able to work from home and have flexible schedules. Makes it great for working parents!

At times, it seems as though the agency is more focused on saving money rather than relieving stress for employees (instead of hiring to fill a position, they will disperse the open case load causing current care coordinator's case loads to grow). This became overwhelming and stressful at times. Also- nurse's in the care coordinator position got paid a large amount more than social worker's in the exact same care coordinator position. It was hard to accept this at times knowing that both a nurse and a social worker have the same responsibilities in this role.
Pros
work from home, flexible hours
Cons
high case load count, difference in pay with RN vs SW, gossip and discussion about employee termination
Great Company
Lead Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 31, 2017
Becoming a LPN is a second career for me!!
I have been with Bluestone 2.5 yrs and feel my position is very unique. I am encouraged to share thoughts and ideas with management, be a part of a team but yet be independent and have work/life balance I always wished for. I enjoy traveling to different communities with my provider and see that we are making a difference in the people we serve. Some days are long but it really never feels like work, and once in awhile things can be a bit chaotic but that is part of the beauty of this job!
Bluestone offers excellent benefits, room for advancement in a growing company, mileage reimbursement and much more. When hired, new staff train 1:1 with a trainer and receive ongoing support and training throughout their career.
Bluestone is a fun, friendly atmosphere of hard working, focused individuals. I absolutely love my position with Bluestone and my peers. I totally appreciate no "on call" or weekends and I would recommend Bluestone to anyone looking for a unique position or new career.
Pros
Positive work environment, no "on call" or weekends, excellent benefits, mileage reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
I enjoyed working at Blue Stone
Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 26, 2018
I would work at Blue Stone again. They were very laid back. Aways willing to share their knowledge with others. Loved the location was able to do some walking during my lunch hour. Just sorry the contract ended
Pros
they had healthy snacks out all the time.
Cons
nothing
disappointing
Physician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2018
a lot more driving and a lot less autonomy for providers than what they tell you.
Constant pushing for more productivity, if goals are met, they move the goalpost. Would not recommend.
Cons
driving over 250 miles a week- marketing people misleading facilities
consistently long hours without breaks, chaotic and inconsistent
support staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 21, 2015
Consistent long hours, poor communication and management, very little guidance/training for on-boarding employees - no true job descriptions/responsibilities which leaves much open for miscommunication and no continuity in task preparation or task completion. Management lacks true structure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no structure
Bluestone stands up to its Best Place to Work rating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Bluestone Physician Services has been a great place to work. It makes sense that they have received high ratings for this category. In an ever growing company, Bluestone does take note to consider its employees every step of the way. This includes great hours, appropriate work-life balance, and a culture which promotes growth and professional development.

The daily operations of Bluestone are constantly challenged by changing regulations for the patients that they serve as well as the healthcare industry in general. This is something that is always on the forefront of training and development as well as process improvement within operations. Bluestone stays cutting age by staying ahead of the latest changes or new initiatives and integrates employees who do the work into program development and training.

It is great to work for a company that encourages professional development and growth. This shows investment in retention of employees. Compensation is definitely competitive, especially as I have worked in healthcare for larger corporations where it does not match what Bluestone offers.

Bluestone recognizes the importance of its employees, and this is shown in so many ways.
Pros
Health and Wellness program, casual Fridays, a work "family", tons of employee incentives (Holiday parties, lunches, recognition)
Poor Management
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 12, 2015
Managers are chosen based on seniority and favorites rather than qualifications. No uniform management style throughout the company. Poor communication. Low wages and raises.
Pros
Good work/life balance as a support staff member
Approachable and collaborative management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I love working for Bluestone! I plan on continuing my career here for many years to come! The management is very approachable and is very receptive to feedback and new ideas. They truly care about their employees and encourage a healthy work/life balance. You truly feel that you are a member of a team but also have your independence. Everyone has been great to work with and very willing to answer questions, collaborate and problem solve. Jobs are always being created due to rapid growth, which is great for career advancement within the company. The role of the Clinical Assistant has really grown over time and is truly an integral role within the company. The training for new staff includes 3 weeks of 1:1 with a trainer and/or your supervisor which I have never experienced at any other place of employment. The job can be a bit overwhelming at first but there is definitely support available to answer any/all questions. I would not hesitate to recommend a career at Bluestone to any of my friends, family or peers.
Pros
Work/life balance, great co-workers, environment
Great company
Office (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for, expanding fast, bringing on new people all the time, great training resources, communication lacks between upper management and lower staff
Fun and Challenging - Building something big!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 11, 2016
Working on the corporate side of things for this business, has been an absolute blast. The atmosphere for Bluestone is very supportive, family oriented, and fast paced! As a growing company that is starting to emerge from its small company status, it has been great to see that the same values that founded this company are kept. Uniquely, you have a CEO that takes the time to actually talk to all employees when he sees them. This alone you won't find anywhere else. There is no social hierarchy in place that suggests you can't talk to a leader or executive, and every leader I have encountered has been nothing but friendly. There are constant wellness initiatives and the company really makes the effort to connect with its employees' interests. Bluestone has challenged me, but it has been incredibly rewarding with the amount of knowledge I have gained in the past half year. This is a high growth company so there will be days where things have to get done in a fast manner or you may have to work later. Overall, I have not ever been pressured to work from home and the management team encourages work-life balance. The company is fully supportive of self development and really is focused on retaining good employees. It is unfortunate to see such negative reviews on this company as I really have not seen anything like that taking place.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, recognition for going above and beyond, competitive benefits & pay
Cons
Sometimes short staffed due to high growth rate
Lots of change
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 29, 2017
The staff is very friendly and it feels like a family. The cons are constant driving to many locations, sometimes several in one day, archaic systems in place, constant changes. If you are fresh out of school, I would not recommend this place. It does not provide the opportunity to enhance or build on your clinic skills.
Pros
nice work environment, snacks provided at main office, options to work from home
Cons
no lunch breaks, constant daily driving to various locations, archaic work systems, constant change, messaging is very different depending on the source, lack of opportunity to utilize clinical skills
Wonderful culture and purposeful mission!
Care Coordination Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 15, 2017
Bluestone is a employer that values it's employees. The culture is amazing! It feels like a big family, which is really impressive for how quickly Bluestone has grown. Bluestone has a great mission full of purpose. It's simply about providing great care to our patients and members by going to them.

I feel so fortunate to work with so many amazing people. I have learned so much from my management in the time that I have worked at Bluestone. I have so many great role models that have encouraged and supported me in my journey at Bluestone, and continue to invest in my growth.

I genuinely look forward to coming to work at Bluestone every day.
Pros
Flexibility, Employee Appreciation, Purposeful Work
Great culture with health care innovation in mind
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 24, 2017
For a person who has a difficult time sitting still, Bluestone has me up for a challenge. Always new faces to see and new health care processes to learn. Bluestone has the patient first and employee second. With health care regulations ever changing, Bluestone is up to par with the new regs and information is passed as soon as it is learned. Keeping staff on their toes and always engaged.
Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Flexibility, great home/work life balance (if you can manage your time)
Bluestone employee culture hard to beat!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 27, 2017
I've worked at Bluestone for over five years in various roles within the Care Coordination department. What I've enjoyed most is the creative work being done to change health care delivery. It's been a rewarding challenge to think outside the box, try new things, adjust and try again. Change is part of the Bluestone culture and without change you do not grow.

The leadership at Bluestone has done a great job encouraging new ideas, allowing people to stretch, and offering opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Relationships are a priority at Bluestone, as is the culture of giving back.

Bluestone hires quality staff that have integrity, strong work ethic and a shared vision. The staff at Bluestone make working here especially rewarding. Our teams encourage, support and genuinely care about each other. The Care Coordination department as a whole functions well. We have fun while working very hard. I'm very proud to say I work for Bluestone.
Pros
Work/life balance, intellegent and fun co-workers, helping others
Amazing company!
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Comfrey, MNJune 5, 2017
This is the best company that I have ever worked for. I do not consider my nursing position as a "job" but rather a career. I am able to balance my work and home life better than I ever have before. The company is very family oriented and I have never worked with a better team of employee's. I was given enough training to understand my role and much support along the way with positive feedback and encouragement. There is room for advancement in my current position, which was important to me. I am always thinking and learning new problem solving skills in this position as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid vacation time, mileage reimbursement.
Innovative dynamic company
MD (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 2, 2017
Bluestone is a young and vibrant company dedicated to innovation in the healthcare marketplace. As a physician there is independence and quite a bit of autonomy, with room for change. The flip side of that coin is that there is frequent change as the company has tried to best find its niche and implement that in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace. The implementation of a good idea can be fairly rapid, but the longevity of that idea/procedure may be months rather than years.

I found the culture at Bluestone to be positive, encouraging, and vibrant with a goal of truly serving our patients. The realities of the changing healthcare industry/ rules and regualtions, however, has made the providers need to focus too much on the bottom line. I think that is pretty universal in healthcare right now though.
Pros
Very good corporate culture, forward thinking, vibrant, mission oriented
Cons
lack of management consistency and communication at times. Frequent changes in policy and prodecures
They expect way to much from their CA’s
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2017
They say one thing and expect another. They say they are there to help you however they don’t follow through with that. Management is a joke. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They do not care about their employees at all.
An amazing place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stllwater, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Bluestone provides a culture that avoids micromanaging in favor of trusting employees to do their best. Management communicates its goals and vision to employees in a way that makes them a part of a unified team.

Bluestone is an excellent place to learn and develop skills through challenging work! More important, I believe, is that they make all employees feel safe and welcome, never excluded or uncomfortable. It is an enjoyable work environment with friendly coworkers and a team-oriented spirit.

“keep doing what you are doing, putting people first…and treating your employees with great care and kindness.”
Pros
Wellness program that includes yoga classes. Fun group events such as golf outings, boat rides on the river.
Excellent upper management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 22, 2017
Excellent upper management allowing autonomy in position. Vision of this company is amazing with whole staff focused and best care for patients. Generally excellent place to work.
Cons
Supervision of staff nurses did not match upper management vision
Excellent Company To Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I started with Bluestone in October of 2015 as an LPN (Clinical Assistant). I have never worked for a better company. The owner of the company actually cares for us employees. It truly feels like my 2nd family.
The position consists of management of the Physician practice. It requires excellent organization skills, flexibility and professionalism. It can be overwhelming at times however, training for the position was amazing. The trainers are extremely knowledgeable. I've never felt "alone".
Work to home life ratio is excellent if you put your time management skills to good use. There was moderate amount of travel from facility to facility however, not usually in the same day.
I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work for this A+ company and that I can add this work experience to my resume.
Pros
Work/Home Life Ratio Is Excellent
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluestone Physician Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight