Bluestone Physician Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Office (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for, expanding fast, bringing on new people all the time, great training resources, communication lacks between upper management and lower staff
They expect way to much from their CA’s
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2017
They say one thing and expect another. They say they are there to help you however they don’t follow through with that. Management is a joke. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They do not care about their employees at all.
Excellent upper management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 22, 2017
Excellent upper management allowing autonomy in position. Vision of this company is amazing with whole staff focused and best care for patients. Generally excellent place to work.
Cons
Supervision of staff nurses did not match upper management vision
Great Company
Lead Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 31, 2017
Becoming a LPN is a second career for me!!
I have been with Bluestone 2.5 yrs and feel my position is very unique. I am encouraged to share thoughts and ideas with management, be a part of a team but yet be independent and have work/life balance I always wished for. I enjoy traveling to different communities with my provider and see that we are making a difference in the people we serve. Some days are long but it really never feels like work, and once in awhile things can be a bit chaotic but that is part of the beauty of this job!
Bluestone offers excellent benefits, room for advancement in a growing company, mileage reimbursement and much more. When hired, new staff train 1:1 with a trainer and receive ongoing support and training throughout their career.
Bluestone is a fun, friendly atmosphere of hard working, focused individuals. I absolutely love my position with Bluestone and my peers. I totally appreciate no "on call" or weekends and I would recommend Bluestone to anyone looking for a unique position or new career.
Pros
Positive work environment, no "on call" or weekends, excellent benefits, mileage reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
Amazing company!
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Comfrey, MNJune 5, 2017
This is the best company that I have ever worked for. I do not consider my nursing position as a "job" but rather a career. I am able to balance my work and home life better than I ever have before. The company is very family oriented and I have never worked with a better team of employee's. I was given enough training to understand my role and much support along the way with positive feedback and encouragement. There is room for advancement in my current position, which was important to me. I am always thinking and learning new problem solving skills in this position as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid vacation time, mileage reimbursement.
Cutting-edge healthcare environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MN/National TravelJune 2, 2017
Bluestone is a company that is changing as rapidly as the healthcare environment. The leadership recognizes the changes in payment, cost, and quality that are driving some smaller practices out of business and they step up to meet these with a lot of energy.

The company is heavily technology-dependent as everyone is on the move going to assisted living, memory care, and group homes. Being proficient on laptops and iPads will give you a leg up with training and job satisfaction.

Being a mobile company, most of the field work is done by very tightly knit teams consisting of physicians, advanced practice providers, and clinical assistants (LPNs/MAs). The great people at Bluestone make working closely with your team a great experience. I went from working on a team to the office and I miss those relationships. Luckily, from the office, I can support them and build new relationships with other staff as well. Help is always a chat/phone call/text away when you need it.

Hours during the week can be a bit long, but they are also flexible. If you approach your full-time hours early in the week, Friday is typically a day to catch up on work and finish early if everything is completed. Work-life balance can be tricky but is mastered with good communication among supervisors and team staff.

Bluestone is rapidly growing into a preeminent healthcare provider for the geriatric population. The amazing physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses are the soul of the company and only the best and brightest are brought on. Bluestone is growing in size and
  more... because of that, there can be some unpredictability. However, with changes, leadership, management, and team staff all work together to get through the tough times and keep our patient care front and center.

When I'm retired and living in an assisted living, all I can hope for is a Bluestone team to be coming to the building I live in. If not, I'm searching for a different place to live!
Pros
Culture, Leadership Transparency, Model of Care, flexible schedule, great staff
Cons
Occasional unpredictability
Where management takes care of their employees!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 19, 2017
I really enjoy working at Bluestone Physician Services. I'm allowed to work from home and have a flexible schedule. The people I work with are amazing, everyone is so helpful. I feel valued and respected by my peers.
Wonderful culture and purposeful mission!
Care Coordination Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 15, 2017
Bluestone is a employer that values it's employees. The culture is amazing! It feels like a big family, which is really impressive for how quickly Bluestone has grown. Bluestone has a great mission full of purpose. It's simply about providing great care to our patients and members by going to them.

I feel so fortunate to work with so many amazing people. I have learned so much from my management in the time that I have worked at Bluestone. I have so many great role models that have encouraged and supported me in my journey at Bluestone, and continue to invest in my growth.

I genuinely look forward to coming to work at Bluestone every day.
Pros
Flexibility, Employee Appreciation, Purposeful Work
Approachable and collaborative management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I love working for Bluestone! I plan on continuing my career here for many years to come! The management is very approachable and is very receptive to feedback and new ideas. They truly care about their employees and encourage a healthy work/life balance. You truly feel that you are a member of a team but also have your independence. Everyone has been great to work with and very willing to answer questions, collaborate and problem solve. Jobs are always being created due to rapid growth, which is great for career advancement within the company. The role of the Clinical Assistant has really grown over time and is truly an integral role within the company. The training for new staff includes 3 weeks of 1:1 with a trainer and/or your supervisor which I have never experienced at any other place of employment. The job can be a bit overwhelming at first but there is definitely support available to answer any/all questions. I would not hesitate to recommend a career at Bluestone to any of my friends, family or peers.
Pros
Work/life balance, great co-workers, environment
Bluestone employee culture hard to beat!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 27, 2017
I've worked at Bluestone for over five years in various roles within the Care Coordination department. What I've enjoyed most is the creative work being done to change health care delivery. It's been a rewarding challenge to think outside the box, try new things, adjust and try again. Change is part of the Bluestone culture and without change you do not grow.

The leadership at Bluestone has done a great job encouraging new ideas, allowing people to stretch, and offering opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Relationships are a priority at Bluestone, as is the culture of giving back.

Bluestone hires quality staff that have integrity, strong work ethic and a shared vision. The staff at Bluestone make working here especially rewarding. Our teams encourage, support and genuinely care about each other. The Care Coordination department as a whole functions well. We have fun while working very hard. I'm very proud to say I work for Bluestone.
Pros
Work/life balance, intellegent and fun co-workers, helping others
Great employee and member based company
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Bluestone has been a great and rewarding place of employment for me. The management enjoys having feedback from their employees. It is a flexible work environment where you don't feel stressed every day. The most enjoyable part of the company is the commodore between coworkers and management. Being a part of Bluestone, is being part of a team!
Pros
Snacks and Coffee are always available and daily walks are encouraged
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company To Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I started with Bluestone in October of 2015 as an LPN (Clinical Assistant). I have never worked for a better company. The owner of the company actually cares for us employees. It truly feels like my 2nd family.
The position consists of management of the Physician practice. It requires excellent organization skills, flexibility and professionalism. It can be overwhelming at times however, training for the position was amazing. The trainers are extremely knowledgeable. I've never felt "alone".
Work to home life ratio is excellent if you put your time management skills to good use. There was moderate amount of travel from facility to facility however, not usually in the same day.
I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work for this A+ company and that I can add this work experience to my resume.
Pros
Work/Home Life Ratio Is Excellent
Cons
Exciting company with the best employees!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 8, 2017
I absolutely love working at Bluestone! I get the opportunity to watch this company change the lives of so many people both in the organization and with the customers we serve in our communities.

It is very inspiring to work alongside the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working people who truly care about their jobs as we all work together towards the end goal of making a difference in people's lives. The positive energy that this company creates is contagious and it starts from the top at Bluestone.

This company wants to see their employees succeed and will do whatever they can to help you achieve your career goals. There are many opportunities for growth and development and you will always feel supported and encouraged to take on a new challenge.

Bluestone hires amazing people and that speaks for itself the first moment you walk through the doors. The company has been awarded a top workplace for the past 4 years and that does not come as a surprise to anyone who works here.

I love going to work every day to contribute a piece to the Bluestone success story!
Pros
Amazing people, fun atmosphere, positive environment, rewarding outcomes.
Innovative dynamic company
MD (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 2, 2017
Bluestone is a young and vibrant company dedicated to innovation in the healthcare marketplace. As a physician there is independence and quite a bit of autonomy, with room for change. The flip side of that coin is that there is frequent change as the company has tried to best find its niche and implement that in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace. The implementation of a good idea can be fairly rapid, but the longevity of that idea/procedure may be months rather than years.

I found the culture at Bluestone to be positive, encouraging, and vibrant with a goal of truly serving our patients. The realities of the changing healthcare industry/ rules and regualtions, however, has made the providers need to focus too much on the bottom line. I think that is pretty universal in healthcare right now though.
Pros
Very good corporate culture, forward thinking, vibrant, mission oriented
Cons
lack of management consistency and communication at times. Frequent changes in policy and prodecures
Bluestone stands up to its Best Place to Work rating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Bluestone Physician Services has been a great place to work. It makes sense that they have received high ratings for this category. In an ever growing company, Bluestone does take note to consider its employees every step of the way. This includes great hours, appropriate work-life balance, and a culture which promotes growth and professional development.

The daily operations of Bluestone are constantly challenged by changing regulations for the patients that they serve as well as the healthcare industry in general. This is something that is always on the forefront of training and development as well as process improvement within operations. Bluestone stays cutting age by staying ahead of the latest changes or new initiatives and integrates employees who do the work into program development and training.

It is great to work for a company that encourages professional development and growth. This shows investment in retention of employees. Compensation is definitely competitive, especially as I have worked in healthcare for larger corporations where it does not match what Bluestone offers.

Bluestone recognizes the importance of its employees, and this is shown in so many ways.
Pros
Health and Wellness program, casual Fridays, a work "family", tons of employee incentives (Holiday parties, lunches, recognition)
An amazing place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stllwater, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Bluestone provides a culture that avoids micromanaging in favor of trusting employees to do their best. Management communicates its goals and vision to employees in a way that makes them a part of a unified team.

Bluestone is an excellent place to learn and develop skills through challenging work! More important, I believe, is that they make all employees feel safe and welcome, never excluded or uncomfortable. It is an enjoyable work environment with friendly coworkers and a team-oriented spirit.

“keep doing what you are doing, putting people first…and treating your employees with great care and kindness.”
Pros
Wellness program that includes yoga classes. Fun group events such as golf outings, boat rides on the river.
Great culture with health care innovation in mind
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 24, 2017
For a person who has a difficult time sitting still, Bluestone has me up for a challenge. Always new faces to see and new health care processes to learn. Bluestone has the patient first and employee second. With health care regulations ever changing, Bluestone is up to par with the new regs and information is passed as soon as it is learned. Keeping staff on their toes and always engaged.
Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Flexibility, great home/work life balance (if you can manage your time)
Too much micromanagement based on hearrsay
Manager (Former Employee) –  FLoridaDecember 25, 2016
Very poor communication. Takes too long to hire. Staff is very paranoid from upper management. Upper management tries to micro manage everything based on hear say. Not a pleasant experience.
Rude. Hiring/firing done by e-mails so they can avoid talking to you..
They have purchased practiced in Tampa. Growth is too rapid. They cannot manage it. They are taking the typical corporate path. Behavior does not agree with mission statement.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement. Rude, Poor comunication. They have grown to fast and cannot micromange it anymore.
review
Billing Specialist and Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MN 55082November 14, 2016
.......................typical day at work place with managment and coworkers and patients within AL homes and hospice care. CCm claims daily going out without
Official response from Bluestone Physician Services
November 29, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We are very proud to have achieved top workplaces for the last 4 years in a row and take pride in the ethical standards that we uphold and the satisfaction of our employees. We are sorry to hear that this position was not a good fit. Please feel free to reach out to Bluestone HR if you would like to discuss further.

Empty Promises
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 27, 2016
I worked for Bluestone, it is a very unorganized company, many empty promises were made to customers & staff. Very unprofessional & unethical. The training process as a new nurse was a nightmare. I had to job shadow three separate times prior to being hired. I was told that the person who I was replacing had been terminated due to not being able to learn the job. When I was training I was not trained by a nurse which created miscommunication due to my role being different than the person training me due to scope of practice. The person training me did not like having to train me, she constantly told me how much extra time she had to work at home because of her time spent training me. During my training I took notes to refer to in an effort to be proficient in a timely manner. This is how I learn a new job and have never had any issues with taking notes. The person training me did not like that I took notes. Instead of talking to me about this, she told management that I was not learning the job quick enough. She felt that I relied on my notes and that I should not need to take any notes. I gave my resignation and have never looked back. This experience makes me appreciate my current employer so much more!
Pros
Cons
poor training, unorganized, empty promises made to long term care facility management staff
Official response from Bluestone Physician Services
November 9, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We take ethical behavior very seriously and training our staffs on systems so that they can best serve our patients. Our goal is to continuously strive to create the best possible workplace for our employees and through our continuous improvements on our training and processes, we are proud to have achieved top workplaces for the last 4 years in a row. We are sorry to hear about your experience and please feel free to reach out to Bluestone HR if you would like to discuss further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluestone Physician Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight