Bluestone Physician Services Management reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Office (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for, expanding fast, bringing on new people all the time, great training resources, communication lacks between upper management and lower staff
They expect way to much from their CA’s
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2017
They say one thing and expect another. They say they are there to help you however they don’t follow through with that. Management is a joke. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They do not care about their employees at all.
Great Company
Lead Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 31, 2017
Becoming a LPN is a second career for me!!
I have been with Bluestone 2.5 yrs and feel my position is very unique. I am encouraged to share thoughts and ideas with management, be a part of a team but yet be independent and have work/life balance I always wished for. I enjoy traveling to different communities with my provider and see that we are making a difference in the people we serve. Some days are long but it really never feels like work, and once in awhile things can be a bit chaotic but that is part of the beauty of this job!
Bluestone offers excellent benefits, room for advancement in a growing company, mileage reimbursement and much more. When hired, new staff train 1:1 with a trainer and receive ongoing support and training throughout their career.
Bluestone is a fun, friendly atmosphere of hard working, focused individuals. I absolutely love my position with Bluestone and my peers. I totally appreciate no "on call" or weekends and I would recommend Bluestone to anyone looking for a unique position or new career.
Pros
Positive work environment, no "on call" or weekends, excellent benefits, mileage reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
Cutting-edge healthcare environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MN/National TravelJune 2, 2017
Bluestone is a company that is changing as rapidly as the healthcare environment. The leadership recognizes the changes in payment, cost, and quality that are driving some smaller practices out of business and they step up to meet these with a lot of energy.

The company is heavily technology-dependent as everyone is on the move going to assisted living, memory care, and group homes. Being proficient on laptops and iPads will give you a leg up with training and job satisfaction.

Being a mobile company, most of the field work is done by very tightly knit teams consisting of physicians, advanced practice providers, and clinical assistants (LPNs/MAs). The great people at Bluestone make working closely with your team a great experience. I went from working on a team to the office and I miss those relationships. Luckily, from the office, I can support them and build new relationships with other staff as well. Help is always a chat/phone call/text away when you need it.

Hours during the week can be a bit long, but they are also flexible. If you approach your full-time hours early in the week, Friday is typically a day to catch up on work and finish early if everything is completed. Work-life balance can be tricky but is mastered with good communication among supervisors and team staff.

Bluestone is rapidly growing into a preeminent healthcare provider for the geriatric population. The amazing physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses are the soul of the company and only the best and brightest are brought on. Bluestone is growing in size and
  more... because of that, there can be some unpredictability. However, with changes, leadership, management, and team staff all work together to get through the tough times and keep our patient care front and center.

When I'm retired and living in an assisted living, all I can hope for is a Bluestone team to be coming to the building I live in. If not, I'm searching for a different place to live!
Pros
Culture, Leadership Transparency, Model of Care, flexible schedule, great staff
Cons
Occasional unpredictability
Wonderful culture and purposeful mission!
Care Coordination Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 15, 2017
Bluestone is a employer that values it's employees. The culture is amazing! It feels like a big family, which is really impressive for how quickly Bluestone has grown. Bluestone has a great mission full of purpose. It's simply about providing great care to our patients and members by going to them.

I feel so fortunate to work with so many amazing people. I have learned so much from my management in the time that I have worked at Bluestone. I have so many great role models that have encouraged and supported me in my journey at Bluestone, and continue to invest in my growth.

I genuinely look forward to coming to work at Bluestone every day.
Pros
Flexibility, Employee Appreciation, Purposeful Work
Approachable and collaborative management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I love working for Bluestone! I plan on continuing my career here for many years to come! The management is very approachable and is very receptive to feedback and new ideas. They truly care about their employees and encourage a healthy work/life balance. You truly feel that you are a member of a team but also have your independence. Everyone has been great to work with and very willing to answer questions, collaborate and problem solve. Jobs are always being created due to rapid growth, which is great for career advancement within the company. The role of the Clinical Assistant has really grown over time and is truly an integral role within the company. The training for new staff includes 3 weeks of 1:1 with a trainer and/or your supervisor which I have never experienced at any other place of employment. The job can be a bit overwhelming at first but there is definitely support available to answer any/all questions. I would not hesitate to recommend a career at Bluestone to any of my friends, family or peers.
Pros
Work/life balance, great co-workers, environment
Great employee and member based company
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Bluestone has been a great and rewarding place of employment for me. The management enjoys having feedback from their employees. It is a flexible work environment where you don't feel stressed every day. The most enjoyable part of the company is the commodore between coworkers and management. Being a part of Bluestone, is being part of a team!
Pros
Snacks and Coffee are always available and daily walks are encouraged
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company To Work For
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I started with Bluestone in October of 2015 as an LPN (Clinical Assistant). I have never worked for a better company. The owner of the company actually cares for us employees. It truly feels like my 2nd family.
The position consists of management of the Physician practice. It requires excellent organization skills, flexibility and professionalism. It can be overwhelming at times however, training for the position was amazing. The trainers are extremely knowledgeable. I've never felt "alone".
Work to home life ratio is excellent if you put your time management skills to good use. There was moderate amount of travel from facility to facility however, not usually in the same day.
I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work for this A+ company and that I can add this work experience to my resume.
Pros
Work/Home Life Ratio Is Excellent
Innovative dynamic company
MD (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 2, 2017
Bluestone is a young and vibrant company dedicated to innovation in the healthcare marketplace. As a physician there is independence and quite a bit of autonomy, with room for change. The flip side of that coin is that there is frequent change as the company has tried to best find its niche and implement that in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace. The implementation of a good idea can be fairly rapid, but the longevity of that idea/procedure may be months rather than years.

I found the culture at Bluestone to be positive, encouraging, and vibrant with a goal of truly serving our patients. The realities of the changing healthcare industry/ rules and regualtions, however, has made the providers need to focus too much on the bottom line. I think that is pretty universal in healthcare right now though.
Pros
Very good corporate culture, forward thinking, vibrant, mission oriented
Cons
lack of management consistency and communication at times. Frequent changes in policy and prodecures
An amazing place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stllwater, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Bluestone provides a culture that avoids micromanaging in favor of trusting employees to do their best. Management communicates its goals and vision to employees in a way that makes them a part of a unified team.

Bluestone is an excellent place to learn and develop skills through challenging work! More important, I believe, is that they make all employees feel safe and welcome, never excluded or uncomfortable. It is an enjoyable work environment with friendly coworkers and a team-oriented spirit.

“keep doing what you are doing, putting people first…and treating your employees with great care and kindness.”
Pros
Wellness program that includes yoga classes. Fun group events such as golf outings, boat rides on the river.
Great culture with health care innovation in mind
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 24, 2017
For a person who has a difficult time sitting still, Bluestone has me up for a challenge. Always new faces to see and new health care processes to learn. Bluestone has the patient first and employee second. With health care regulations ever changing, Bluestone is up to par with the new regs and information is passed as soon as it is learned. Keeping staff on their toes and always engaged.
Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Flexibility, great home/work life balance (if you can manage your time)
Too much micromanagement based on hearrsay
Manager (Former Employee) –  FLoridaDecember 25, 2016
Very poor communication. Takes too long to hire. Staff is very paranoid from upper management. Upper management tries to micro manage everything based on hear say. Not a pleasant experience.
Rude. Hiring/firing done by e-mails so they can avoid talking to you..
They have purchased practiced in Tampa. Growth is too rapid. They cannot manage it. They are taking the typical corporate path. Behavior does not agree with mission statement.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement. Rude, Poor comunication. They have grown to fast and cannot micromange it anymore.
Empty Promises
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 27, 2016
I worked for Bluestone, it is a very unorganized company, many empty promises were made to customers & staff. Very unprofessional & unethical. The training process as a new nurse was a nightmare. I had to job shadow three separate times prior to being hired. I was told that the person who I was replacing had been terminated due to not being able to learn the job. When I was training I was not trained by a nurse which created miscommunication due to my role being different than the person training me due to scope of practice. The person training me did not like having to train me, she constantly told me how much extra time she had to work at home because of her time spent training me. During my training I took notes to refer to in an effort to be proficient in a timely manner. This is how I learn a new job and have never had any issues with taking notes. The person training me did not like that I took notes. Instead of talking to me about this, she told management that I was not learning the job quick enough. She felt that I relied on my notes and that I should not need to take any notes. I gave my resignation and have never looked back. This experience makes me appreciate my current employer so much more!
Pros
Cons
poor training, unorganized, empty promises made to long term care facility management staff
Official response from Bluestone Physician Services
November 9, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We take ethical behavior very seriously and training our staffs on systems so that they can best serve our patients. Our goal is to continuously strive to create the best possible workplace for our employees and through our continuous improvements on our training and processes, we are proud to have achieved top workplaces for the last 4 years in a row. We are sorry to hear about your experience and please feel free to reach out to Bluestone HR if you would like to discuss further.

Nice place to work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 24, 2016
Never have I felt more welcome than when I came to work with Bluestone. People made me feel like they were genuinely happy I was here. It is so nice to work for a company that values its employees. An example of how they show that is promoting a wellness program with tips and tricks, offering yoga twice a week and an opportunity to break away (many employees choose not to take breaks) and go on an afternoon walk with co-workers, also twice a week. Management/Administration treats everyone the same, no feelings of hierarchy here.

Work duties balance themselves,some days overwhelmed but always able to accomplish my tasks with minimal stress.

Bluestone is a team oriented work place, everyone is willing to help each other when it is needed. When large projects come up we all join together to get it done.

Bluestone provides a service to an often forgotten sector of our community, the elderly and disabled. I feel they value each and every one of their "customers", their patients and their families, treating them with the kindness and respect they deserve. I feel fortunate that I can be a part of such a wonderful vision.
Pros
Great group of people to work with. Wellness program, daily water challenge, snacks provided.
Cons
Some micromanaging, not sure if company wide.
Fun and Challenging - Building something big!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 11, 2016
Working on the corporate side of things for this business, has been an absolute blast. The atmosphere for Bluestone is very supportive, family oriented, and fast paced! As a growing company that is starting to emerge from its small company status, it has been great to see that the same values that founded this company are kept. Uniquely, you have a CEO that takes the time to actually talk to all employees when he sees them. This alone you won't find anywhere else. There is no social hierarchy in place that suggests you can't talk to a leader or executive, and every leader I have encountered has been nothing but friendly. There are constant wellness initiatives and the company really makes the effort to connect with its employees' interests. Bluestone has challenged me, but it has been incredibly rewarding with the amount of knowledge I have gained in the past half year. This is a high growth company so there will be days where things have to get done in a fast manner or you may have to work later. Overall, I have not ever been pressured to work from home and the management team encourages work-life balance. The company is fully supportive of self development and really is focused on retaining good employees. It is unfortunate to see such negative reviews on this company as I really have not seen anything like that taking place.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, recognition for going above and beyond, competitive benefits & pay
Cons
Sometimes short staffed due to high growth rate
Poor Management
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 12, 2015
Managers are chosen based on seniority and favorites rather than qualifications. No uniform management style throughout the company. Poor communication. Low wages and raises.
Pros
Good work/life balance as a support staff member
Think twice
NP (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 4, 2015
Unfortunately, the environment and workplace described during the interview did not turn out to be reality. Chaos is probably the best word to describe the culture of this company. Poor management, lack of leadership, and lack of professionalism are also evident. It is very difficult to find work/life balance.
Cons
Lack of support, lack of professionalism
Official response from Bluestone Physician Services
November 13, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of the experience you had with Bluestone. We take these comments seriously and will address any concerns brought to our attention. Our goal is to continually strive to create the best possible working experience for all our employees.

Fun, yet frustrating
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 8, 2015
There is a very tight knit environment, which is good and bad. It makes it nearly impossible to go to a manager about an issue. There is also a serious lack of training initially, and the new employees get punished for it. However, everyone genuinely likes to have fun together.
Pros
Lunches, boat rides, birthday treats, sense of purpose
Cons
Chaos, lack of training.
consistently long hours without breaks, chaotic and inconsistent
support staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 21, 2015
Consistent long hours, poor communication and management, very little guidance/training for on-boarding employees - no true job descriptions/responsibilities which leaves much open for miscommunication and no continuity in task preparation or task completion. Management lacks true structure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no structure
NOT good!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  stillwater, mnMarch 30, 2015
They can sell you a vision, but the reality is terrible. Unorganized, no leadership. They will tell you this job is Monday - Thursday, but it is not. Long days, late nights charting, no work/family balance, unsupportive management, low pay. High turn over!!! Don't bother.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Terrible management, no support, low pay, long hours, sell you on a vision that never comes true.