BLUESTONE PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

Good company with great people
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2018
I really love my onsite Bluestone team, they all come to work ready to get the job done at the best of their abilities. We also have tons of great people in leadership roles and we just rolled out a new company structure that is working beautifully.

I've seen a lot of bad reviews about micromanagement and high turnover and I would like to address that. I've seen the turnover for myself but those people are only leaving because it just wasn't a good fit for them or the company. Every business in every industry has this same problem. As for micromanagement, I too felt micromanaged when I got here until I realized that the redbots & bluebots are there as a safety net to keep us in compliance. If you choose to see it as micromanagement then you are simply missing the point. Don't get me wrong, there are people in every company that actually micromanage their employees and I am sure we have that in our company somewhere but I don't experience this with my superiors.

The no fear of conflict culture is a great idea if everyone would truly believe it and live it every day. The culture can't/won't work if everyone doesn't buy in to the ideas that the culture represents.

I love that everyday is vastly different than the day before and we are always learning and experiencing new things. I also love that as a company we take public constructive criticism and if it's valid we find ways to make positive changes rapidly to remove any obstacles that our teammates may be experiencing. No company is perfect, most are having staffing issues and retention issues because of a competitive
  more... job market which makes the daily operations much harder. However, if you look past the fog and see the big picture you will see what we see. We are a perfectly imperfect group of people with big hearts and big dreams. We're all working toward the same goal to make us the best PMC possible.  less
Pros
Free to run the property as my own
Cons
Insurance benefits aren't the best
Problem Solvers
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXAugust 6, 2018
Bluestone as a company is awesome to work for due to many reasons like they allow you to run your property with little oversight, communication with other employees or corporate staff is almost instant with our company communication software, they offer an overwhelming amount of technology software to help you monitor your property and help self train, and the list goes on. The company is very forward thinking and being that the company is not as large as others in the industry change can happen immediately if something is out of place or does not work with our policies/paperwork/procedures. I would say that with all of the great things about Bluestone and how they set you up for success there is a downside. I have learned that the company will either make you or break you when it comes to your own success. If you are not able to be self taught and need a lot of oversight from a manager in order to complete your assigned duties this may not be the best fit but on the other hand if you are a quick learner and hit the ground running Bluestone offers you growth opportunities within the company. So if you are eager to learn and have a passion for the business this will be a great fit for you.
VP Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Work from Home and travelAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work and be part of a team. The company is very transparent and competitive for all roles they hire for. I love the passion that I feel form all of my co-workers.
Pros
Get id done attitude
Cons
non
Your experience might be different
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, TEMPORARY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
Really can't say anything good or bad all i can say is this is not the company for me I don't agree with some of the policies and my situation at my current property is not ideal for me
Pros
Easy property
Cons
Work situation
The worst job ever
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 26, 2018
The worst company in property management. Dont waste your time you will regret it. They will sweet talk you during the interview and change once you're hired. Everything is computer generated no real person to contact for any reasons at corporate. This company is a real joke and only has two properties in the city and they are Villas at Cordova and Houston levee Apartments both properties are over priced.
Cons
Avoid the Bluestone scene they fail at many levels and will lie to get the job done.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR BLUESTONE, you will dread the mistake. The corporate management team has no office and all work from home which leaves a property to fail when it gets into "improper" hands. They lie and will talk of transparency which is a joke., have no clue what is actually going on as they sit from their homes. As the masses have stated STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
no one really watches the clock
Cons
being employed by Bluestone
Hectic Enviorment
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Harlinge TxJuly 5, 2018
Give a overload of workload and expects to be done when is almost near impossible. Cannot get stuff when you need it and then get it trouble when you can't do the job due to not having the correct items.

To much nepotism. Managers hiring family members
Pros
Friendly Residents
Cons
Managment to many women calling the shots
Do NOT work here, you've been warned!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 10, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR BLUESTONE, you will dread the mistake. The corporate management team is a total laugh, have no clue what is actually going on as they sit from their homes. As the masses have stated STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
ultipro
Cons
low pay, upper management totally failure
The worst place to work and live
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 7, 2018
This company has the most clueless corporate team ever. They want a miracle, but doesn't have the know how to run a property. They depend on experienced property managers to run the show, but provide no support to do so. Save yourself a headache and say NO!! They dont care about you and will keep fishing for the next gullible person.
Pros
Pays great
Cons
Everything this company stands for
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, IN 47130March 7, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. The new operations manager is not the best person, but not the worst. I learned a lot working for them and wish things would have ended differently.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Politics.
It’s a trap
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 23, 2018
Started at Brooklyn Place Apartments in December 2017. Had absolutely no training - was just thrown in. I have years of sales experience but no leasing, so it was a new world to me. Although I did good, was meeting my leasing goals. I felt bad getting residents in though because it really isn’t a great place to live. Extremely behind on maintenance work orders (80+ to be exact). Cooperate really doesn’t care. Long story short, went in to work today and they fired me because I didn’t have much experience??? Yeah. Why did you hire me in the first place then? Upset but I feel as if this is a blessing in disguise.
Pros
Rent discount
Cons
Poor management, long hours, cooperate does not care and will not help you.
Nothing good to say
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 5, 2018
Nothing good to say about this company. Not very many nice people that work here who aren't talking poorly behind your back. If you like drama then this is the place for you.
Pros
people
The absolute worst Property Management Company on the Planet
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
For a company that tries to recruit "Entrepreneurial, Independent" Managers, they are the most micro management company I've ever known. The reason they reach out this way is because of their terrible "training" program. Any good, experienced Property Manager does not need training in the field of multi-family management but one does need training to learn the processes and policies of a company that has just employed you. But since the Bluestone upper management all work from home because they have no real Corporate Office, you rarely see a face unless it is via a webinar. They most always use their exclusive email system for communication and sometimes the phone. They like to say they are the Management Company of the future....that is just hogwash. They have no real roots so job security is questionable at least.

The pay is okay but they want to offset salary with high rental discounts if possible. So be careful with that in the event your employment doesn't work out. They will fire you in a heartbeat minute if they feel you don't meet their unrealistic "model" so you'll find yourself without a job or a home. Their turnover is tremendous...go figure. So BEWARE of that.

If you're desperate or want to try to buy into their "Culture" then give Bluestone a shot. Otherwise stay as far away from this company as you can. Bad business, bad Karma, just bad, bad, bad.
Pros
Ok income but with high rental discounts
Cons
Frankly everything
Horrible
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 7, 2017
Corporate Slum lords. Fire hard working people for not meeting goals that were not attainable. No parts to fix things, unhappy residents, unhappy team, overworked & unappreciated.
Well structured company with great pay
Maintnence tech (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYDecember 5, 2017
Became to hectic with the switch if management and felt like it was unfair also were short staffed and work became overwhelming. Overall I am pleased with bluestone and unhappy I had to leave I am still thankfully for the opportunity they gave me.
Opportunities for advancement
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 5, 2017
Hands off approach gives you the opportunity to perform without being micromanaged
Great incentives to lease
Can be stressful at time to meet goals
Overall great place to work
Corporate Regional Sucked
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2017
Loved the Property, Loved the staff, loved the Company. The Regional Manager was non supportive, jealous and down right spiteful, she gets you in her sights, You can be doing an amazing job and succeeding and she allows personal things to interfere. You are NOT allowed to do your job for the betterment of the Property and Company. They have their favorites and you better also kiss their butt. You can outright catch someone doing something wrong over and over, but you cannot do your job as a manager because the Regional thinks they are great! Your staff will lose respect for you and everyone begins doing what they want and you get the beating. It is a no win situation. All over. Would never ever work for the company as long as that caddy unprofessional snake works there, She is the ONLY problem, they paid right and offered benefits and the quality of the product was great! One bad apple.
Pros
Great Properties
Cons
Horrible Regional KS
Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 27, 2017
Never work for this company. The mananger doesn't do her job but blames everyone else. There where two hires while I was there both left. Horrible company. Horrible company. Nothing ordered to complete job as mananger was over budget
Don't work here
Property Manager/Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2017
Not a disgruntled employee but I am a truth teller and Corporate 360 team does not like the truth. Good at turning their heads when issues arise. Fear of no conflict is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Work endlessly with no recognition at all
Worst place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 30, 2017
They are the worst company to work for. You run around giving 150% and it still isn't good enough. They refuse to buy parts. And You can't get any parts to fix anything. Don't work here. They fire you for no reason. I promise if you work here you will regret it.
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLUESTONE PROPERTIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5