Blusky Restoration Contractors, LLC

Blusky Restoration Contractors, LLC Employee Reviews

United States32 reviews
Start work at 7 AM and won’t be sure when you get off but that’s typical in the industry. Lots of hours, lots of on calls. Learned how to run large crews and work on large losses whether they were multi family or commercial Losses. Management were sketchy do to a number of things most importantly for one managers rarely walk job prior to start. Regardless what supervisors thought or suggested It was always management decision whether right or wrong. I would have to say the workplace culture was great though. The company did nothing but grow in huge numbers each year I was there. The thing that was unmotivating was that there was no promotion from within and I didn’t see one employee move up in position the whole time I was there. The most enjoyable part ofThe job was working with coworkers from technicians to supervisors. Overall I learned a lot dealing with large losses commercial losses and how to handle/manage lots of temps/workers. The hardest part of the job was to travel if needed.
They would routinely lie to the sub contractors and clients in my territory and leave me with the mess to clean up. They would put off paying subs for months stating some paperwork error or something. Clients would be told one thing then they would try installing the cheapest material possible to maximize profits. I was running a remote office and the clients and subs were in my backyard, these were people I would see regularly no matter my employment. I was criticized by upper management for being too open and honest. (Didn't know there was such a thing) Landed a massive multi million dollar project that made my sales goals for 2 years; would've been a nice commission... I was terminated without cause right before the meeting where the contract was signed.

I was promised a raise, (got that in writing) if I sold more so I did. No raise was then told that I'd be making so much in commission it wouldn't matter. Your employee contract says they don't have to pay commission when you are terminated regardless of when they are earned.
Pros
Fuel Card
Cons
Everything else
It feels like the company prioritizes the higher ups over the little guys. You can work your butt off for the company, but rarely see anything for it.
They treat the construction staff as though they don’t care if they stay and grow or just get the next person in.
Follow your own P and Ps don’t just say do this... lead by example
I did not work directly for Blu Sky,I worked for a contractor liscenced to be a sort of mold foreman thas can hire non liscenced employees with a temporary license.
I worked for 90 days and was paid good while allowing me to attend school with a day off. Had 40+ hours for sure every week,being paid every week. Easy work and relatively young coworkers close to my age. Most workers in were beautiful women coincidentally,odd for a construction job, all the while great though.

Foremen were super cool and never abusive. All work was panned in timely fashion so no mishaps or getting behind schedule. All the tools and safety equipment provided and replaced daily. Overall it's a great job just last too short,you can either keep working with your contractor if he wants to keep you on other job but for this particular Blu Sky project a mold licence is required and the most common for most employees is the temporary license,as the true licence requires bachelors degree knowledge of biology and about $3000 or paperwork aside for exams.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
california management was horrible. the project manager didn't know what he was doing. Made temporary labor in charge of employees of blusky. not a very good place to work.
Find a mentor and learn your craft outside of the organization. Cut throat business. I cannot recommend this company to anyone I care about. Local office not managed very well.
great exposure to the restoration process and accounting skills utilized somewhat mostly management and hr skills with admin utilized
stay on top of payroll and tax deductions paid through this company
coordinating construction and clients needs simultaneously

time management

keeping clients up to date and informed on the construction process was both the hardest and most enjoyable part of this position.
If you are smarter than the supervisor that was there when I was employed then your days are numbered. I corrected his numbers in a meeting and he felt like i put him blast. Later that day I had a migraine and he sent me. The next day he sent me for a random drug screen and fired me without seeing the results. When the results came back clean he looked like a jerk and people lost a lot of respect for him.
Cover your behind. Some mid level managers will sell you down the river to cover their behinds.

They are a growing company. Big future ahead of them.
Pros
Good pay. Good co-workers
Cons
Cut throat management if you disagree
The sales people at blusky run the company and will back stab anyone to get what they want. The executive team does not stand behind their managers and sales numbers are the only thing that matter to them. They don’t pay there subs on time, nor do they care about about completing projects on time. Over and over again you hear about 96 proof, Which is supposed to be there success rate. But it is highly suspect, as only about 10 Percent of their customer base actually turns in the surveys. I would say that it is most likely closer to 50%, if they are lucky!
Pros
Good pay and some good people
Cons
Poor training and communication from the executive team
It was an enjoyable experience, kind of dry company personality wise but the work kept you busy and fulfilled. Constantly changing departments and their staff which keeps you on your toes.
They take care of their people. It's long hours. Great pay if the work is there. But uncertainty of where you'll go next or if you'll be needed is always unknown
Pros
Long hours good pay.
Cons
If you're a temp you are expendable
The company has a lot of benefits for the employees. The upper management is very involved most of the time. Pay was a low for the area compared to other companies.
Pros
Paycheck and morale
Cons
Work life balance, sometimes you where never home.
I liked working for BluSky, they were good to me. While traveling we worked a lot of hours and did not get to go home very often but overall they took care of us.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Traveling
BluSky is one of the leading restoration companies in not only Denver, but also the United States. They are focused on growth through customer service, and in my opinion, are the BEST restoration/emergency service response company around...including crime scene/bio and environmental clean-up.

Very Type A driven personnel permeate the company, so it is easy to find and have success. Supportive leadership that are accessible.
Pros
very supportive of continuing education, training, etc and support costs
Cons
compensation supporting documentation not always transparent
Work Culture was very dysfunctional. I don't know of anything good to say about this company. The work that you do in the position I had, the salary should have been more.
Pros
Work hours flexibe
Cons
Does not care about employees
I have gained a great amount of experince. It has been awesome to learn from other educated people in the this industry. I hope to be a part of their overall growth and prosperity.
Pros
good pay
Cons
travel
Poor management and fellow co workers always looking out for themselves never the team.
Make you own a vehicle and won’t cover mileage or wear and tear.
Great place to work. Great compensation and benefits with little time to use them. Managers are great teachers there that will allow you some catch up time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blusky Restoration Contractors, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5