BMC Mattress Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Horrible place to work at
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2018
Management doesnt know what theyre doing. They promote individuals who have no prior experience in the position held. Drama drama drama, ive never been in a workplace where men loved drama so much. People stealing ,people selling matresses out the back door. The managers have no clue whats going on inside their own company. Its ridiculous. They are so unorganized and then they take their frustrations out on the employees. This matress company will fail due to lack of professionalism and lack of sales. Their sales structures also suck! In the beggining it was great but after you are there a while you see how disfunctional the stores really are.
Pros
Hourly compensation
Cons
No breaks if scheduled by yourself, hours suck 10-7pm
No raises--no benefits very unorganized and unprofessional
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 8, 2018
Very disorganized and no career advancement . No annual raises or benefits. No paid holidays or 401K. Associates came to work with alcohol on their breath and some admitted to drinking only a few hours prior to arriving at work. This is a very unprofessional place to work. I did enjoy the customer contact and received all 5 star reviews on Google from them.
Pros
Customer contact helping prople
Cons
9-10 days no break. No Benefits, No raises.
Friendly co-workers
Human Resources Representative (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 28, 2018
Co-workers were professional, helpful, and friendly. Great place to work.Management was engaged and always ready to listen to ideas or concerns. Felt comfortable sharing thoughts and even complaints.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Working garage sales would be more fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Poor place to work..,.bad upper management, bad product (secondary bedding), some lazy coworkers, not trained or paid fair. Company's run very disorganized which leads to problems and less money for all.
Pros
Some coworkers are cool
Cons
Poor management, work environment, career advancement
Lackluster company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2018
Ever since the merger with Sealy the company has gone down hill...the sales are down, the leadership is dwindling...plain and simple the vision and execution is just not there anymore. Not an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Best job I've ever had!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 30, 2017
This job is awesome. Can't complain the company has nice benefits and great management. Pay is right where you want it. I have worked at some hellish places and this is one job I can say I enjoy showing up everyday.
Pros
Lunch, Vacation time, off on the weekends.
Well balanced and fast paced
Reseller/Broker of TempurSealy Products (Current Employee) –  VP of OperationsSeptember 6, 2017
Productive work environment, fast paced. Worked hard but had fun with staff. Was able to travel the country and execute programs and policies. Long days but rewarding, learned a lot.
Horrible place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 11, 2017
The culture is horrible. Unloyal employees. People stab you in the back. Uneducated management thinking they're untouchable. Makes me sick to know they're still open.
Pros
Pay is okay.
Cons
Everything else
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 23, 2017
I love this company, they take care of their employees, health insurance is low priced compared to all my previous employers. Great environment, great people, and corporate does everything to make sure you are trained and equiped! By far the best company I've worked for, and they try their best to make it as low stress as they can!
Pros
Lunch breaks, healthcare, low stress, no pressure, hourly, commission, great people, great corporate, great benefits, too many to list
Cons
None to think of!
Great Place to Work
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 20, 2017
BMC Mattress has provided me with a great opportunity. This company took the time to train me in a field that I had little experience in. Management does a great job with hands on training and development. I believe working for this company will allow anyone to achieve their goals and start a successful career.

BMC Mattress has a variety of positions that will allow you to grow as an individual and as a professional. As HR Administrative Assistant I have gained plenty of experience with this company that most would not provide. Although hours can be long, it is made up for with great co-workers and tremendous support from management. I have enjoyed my time here and hope to continue my growth within the company.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and management, ample growth opportunities, and great benefits.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMC Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.