BMC Mattress Employee Reviews

Bad management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
The management team is unable to lead efficiently.Turnover is rampant. They do not appreciate loyalty or hard work..There is no such thing as job security, no matter how successful you are in exceeding sales quotas.Avoid at all costs.
Horrible place to work at
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2018
Management doesnt know what theyre doing. They promote individuals who have no prior experience in the position held. Drama drama drama, ive never been in a workplace where men loved drama so much. People stealing ,people selling matresses out the back door. The managers have no clue whats going on inside their own company. Its ridiculous. They are so unorganized and then they take their frustrations out on the employees. This matress company will fail due to lack of professionalism and lack of sales. Their sales structures also suck! In the beggining it was great but after you are there a while you see how disfunctional the stores really are.
Pros
Hourly compensation
Cons
No breaks if scheduled by yourself, hours suck 10-7pm
No raises--no benefits very unorganized and unprofessional
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 8, 2018
Very disorganized and no career advancement . No annual raises or benefits. No paid holidays or 401K. Associates came to work with alcohol on their breath and some admitted to drinking only a few hours prior to arriving at work. This is a very unprofessional place to work. I did enjoy the customer contact and received all 5 star reviews on Google from them.
Pros
Customer contact helping prople
Cons
9-10 days no break. No Benefits, No raises.
Friendly co-workers
Human Resources Representative (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 28, 2018
Co-workers were professional, helpful, and friendly. Great place to work.Management was engaged and always ready to listen to ideas or concerns. Felt comfortable sharing thoughts and even complaints.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Working garage sales would be more fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Poor place to work..,.bad upper management, bad product (secondary bedding), some lazy coworkers, not trained or paid fair. Company's run very disorganized which leads to problems and less money for all.
Pros
Some coworkers are cool
Cons
Poor management, work environment, career advancement
Lackluster company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2018
Ever since the merger with Sealy the company has gone down hill...the sales are down, the leadership is dwindling...plain and simple the vision and execution is just not there anymore. Not an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Best job I've ever had!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 30, 2017
This job is awesome. Can't complain the company has nice benefits and great management. Pay is right where you want it. I have worked at some hellish places and this is one job I can say I enjoy showing up everyday.
Pros
Lunch, Vacation time, off on the weekends.
poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 13, 2017
Not a good place to work everyone got fired. We didn't know boss was stealing. Wanted me to tell but couldn't never seen anything. I worked in the back of warehouse the manger worked in the front of the warehouse.
Pros
lot of free time
Cons
steating
Well balanced and fast paced
Reseller/Broker of TempurSealy Products (Current Employee) –  VP of OperationsSeptember 6, 2017
Productive work environment, fast paced. Worked hard but had fun with staff. Was able to travel the country and execute programs and policies. Long days but rewarding, learned a lot.
Horrible place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 11, 2017
The culture is horrible. Unloyal employees. People stab you in the back. Uneducated management thinking they're untouchable. Makes me sick to know they're still open.
Pros
Pay is okay.
Cons
Everything else
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 23, 2017
I love this company, they take care of their employees, health insurance is low priced compared to all my previous employers. Great environment, great people, and corporate does everything to make sure you are trained and equiped! By far the best company I've worked for, and they try their best to make it as low stress as they can!
Pros
Lunch breaks, healthcare, low stress, no pressure, hourly, commission, great people, great corporate, great benefits, too many to list
Cons
None to think of!
Okay.
Warehouse Associate & Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
Good job, people are good. Do deliveries sometimes or stay at the factory. It gets slow sometimes so we go home early. Pay could be better but overall its okay. No problems there.
Great Place to Work
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 20, 2017
BMC Mattress has provided me with a great opportunity. This company took the time to train me in a field that I had little experience in. Management does a great job with hands on training and development. I believe working for this company will allow anyone to achieve their goals and start a successful career.

BMC Mattress has a variety of positions that will allow you to grow as an individual and as a professional. As HR Administrative Assistant I have gained plenty of experience with this company that most would not provide. Although hours can be long, it is made up for with great co-workers and tremendous support from management. I have enjoyed my time here and hope to continue my growth within the company.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and management, ample growth opportunities, and great benefits.
Great Deals
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Burlington Mattress is a great site to get expensive mattresses at a low rate. The sales team is very knowledgeable. Delivery turn around time is very quick and efficient.
My roles in the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 17, 2016
I was to open and close the store, i worked talking to customers everyday made sales every day. I was always on time. I never failed to have a smile on my face even if the day was not going so great.
Pros
one hour lunch
productive
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 2, 2016
load and unload trucks. inspect mattress and boxsprings. i think the hardest part of the job is lifting heavy products. i enjoy it but not enough pay for me
Normal Retail business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2013
Open and run a store location. The down side, running a store location without any assistance of additional employees. The upper management hired one store manager for each store location and we were the only ones that worked at that location. We covered the location for 9 hours a day and were given a day off each week, adding a half a day off every other week. My issue was lifting 300lb. mattresses without any assistance. Two managers either pulled groin muscles and or got a hernia from doing this and upper management would not change the business practices to get the additional help in the stores to stop this from happening.
Pros
Great owners, good pay, decent benefits
Cons
Upper management treatment of lower employees, lack of concern for ones wellbeing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMC Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9