BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 232 reviews matching the search See all 1,993 reviews
Meh
Retail Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIFebruary 9, 2019
Decent job but the sales expectations were insane. Impossible one might even say...the call nights every week were a waste of time and just ticked customers off.
Pros
not bad hours/lunch every day
Cons
poor pay/got robbed
Great place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
Management gets how to operate the business they are in. You are given autonomy to get your job done each day. Great co workers who all support one another.
Great Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
Great culture, amazing leadership, great pay. Access to a myriad of resources and advancement opportunities. I enjoyed working here, it is a great team
My Best Job ever!!!
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
This Company Had a great Salary
Vacation
Sick time
Great Assignments
Great Oil & Gas Customers
Free tickets to sporting events
Pros
Location-Park Avenue in the 1980's-2000
Cons
I was Laid off-worst day
Fun and loving
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I loved working at BMO. I would still be there if they did not close.This job was amazing and the people who worked there was amazing. BMO was a great place.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
short breaks
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
Overall, working for BMO is a pleasant experience. I was given a lot of opportunities while working here. I do not consider it any different from any other broker dealer on Wall Street, as far as environment and culture is concerned. Some benefits could be improved, like insurance.
Great place to work!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 9, 2019
Great company to work for. Very personable staff regardless of rank. I truly enjoined working here. I learned a lot and made some great life time friendships.
Pros
free lunch
Too many cliques.
Accounting Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2019
The workplace culture was hard to manage. Younger associates and analysts abused the corp policies.
I felt Mgmt did not listen to new ideas on how to improve. I felt I could not trust my manager.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Management not trustworthy
Agile Projects
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 3, 2019
Worked with senior management team and various IT heads to determine strategies and approach for requirement and implementation of Charles River. Worked with various talented IT team to develop requirements.
Très bien
Représentant service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Représentant service à la clientèleDecember 26, 2018
Excellent entreprise, condition de travaille solide.
Very inefficient environment.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2018
I honestly wonder why an activist investor has not targeted this bank. Its the most inefficient organization that I have ever worked for. So many data silos and ineffective governance. Many different teams will keep recreating the report. Shareholders are left holding the bag. A very unfortunate situation.
Meetings
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Most of my time was in meetings that were internal.
Development was not existent I brought my own clients and worked on referrals. BMO as a company was diverse and job security was great. They would love to have me back at BMO.
Pros
Diverse Culture
Cons
Working with ankle weights
Assitant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 29, 2018
Lacking integrity. Scared of change. Arrogant interpretation to EQ. Gross violation of code of conduct and ethics. Committee based business decisions to protect middle task managers.
Great company, but inexperience management.
Desktop Publishing / Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
Great company, but inexperience management. I've worked at BMO for 4 years and it was like a revolving door. Unfortunately, management didn't have a clue how to run our department, and in the end, workers had to suffer due to their lack of experience.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Inexperience management
Work culture
Safekeeping Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Currently modernizing in the US, the company is still a global bank. with that being said there are many employees rotating in and out. The culture is relatively positive, I’ve had no problems however i am only limited to my team.
Good depending on department
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
There are dramatic differences in culture depending on the area of the organization you work with. The directors and executives of each area drive the culture including expectations, work/life balance and mobility. The one constant is that the organization is great about career advancement and encourages movement within line of business.
Pros
Encouraged and supportive career development
Cons
lack of formalized training (area dependent), complicated infrastructure
Not applicable
Analytics Consultant AML (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 11, 2018
I am a contract employee. My contract has been extended to the maximum period. I was given an independence to work on my own. Tools are good and management support is excellent.
Pros
Cons
Nothing special
Not a team enviroment
T&O Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WINovember 2, 2018
I learned that just because you work as a "team" that doesn't mean anything. There were many people who would not pull their weight in the department. The manager is blissfully ignorant and has no idea what happens in the department. The manager I feel is two faced and mixes his personal life with business, I have seen it on several occasions. Issues/conflicts never get resolved, there were times where there was a serious break down in communication because someone wasn't paying attention to the changes of the job functions. Some of the employees spoke in a different language making it uncomfortable to work. There were a lot of people not minding their own business. One of the older workers refused to take responsibility for their mistakes, and needed constant reminders on how to do their job. Workers would tattle and make up stories just to get people in trouble, blaming others for ridiculous things and making outrageous accusations.

It just started to become too stressful of an environment. The management started breaking down and it was getting to a point that no matter how much you defended yourself, nothing was going to change.
Pros
Benefits Package, Paid Holidays, Flexible work hours, Paid sick and vacation.
Cons
lazy workers, slow work, inconsistent training, ignorant management
Internal Culture Heavily Driven by Politics
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
On a day-to-day basis, workers and management experience the company in two separate ways. If you are at the level performing the work, you are held accountable for everything, even activities that you were never told were your responsibility. Management, however, has a country-club type existence. Decisions are made my committee so that no single person owns a decisions and can be held accountable to results.

If an initiative fails, management does everything possible to push the blame down to the lowest possible layer. If it succeeds, there are groups of people waiting in the wings to steal the credit for it, and the pay incentives that come with having had a successful initiative.
Pros
Great Vacation Package and Better Healthcare Benefits than other firms
Cons
All decisions are driven by politics, even the removal of toxic employees
Productive work place, great people.....
MD - Head of FX Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2018
Great people, but a lot of management changes which left a lot of uncertainty, with no explanation. The organization has a lot of talented people, but lacks the product mix to enable them to be extremely successful. BMO spends a great deal of money on technology, but lags behind its competition. They never seem to get the technology mix right, and often by the time they implement a new technology / system, it's already obsolete.
Pros
People
Cons
Management going through a lot of changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss