BMT Aerospace Employee Reviews

good company
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJanuary 16, 2018
good company....bad people managing, NO EQUAL opportunity for advancement... attitudes were too personal to be in a workplace....No appreciation for the employees
A good place to get your foot in the door
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJune 16, 2017
While not the best place in the world, it was certainly not bad by any means. It was a good place to get start out in and make some money. My biggest problem was that it took me an hour+ to get to work, but they let me do four ten hour days so I wouldn't have to spend another ~2.5 driving each week.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Long drive, really long.
Customer Sales Representative/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIAugust 22, 2016
I loved working at BMT AEROSPACE.
I started as a receptionist and was later promoted after 6 months to Sales administrator.
after being promoted I came to find that the Aerospace field was not something I was interested in making a career out of.
Management was great there and very organized. I loved everyone I worked with and my hours were flexible and worked well with my home life.
Pros
worked with great people. good hours. decent pay
Cons
wasn't something I could make a career out of.
Good from the surface but scary once you're inside!
Cube Jockey (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MichiganJune 23, 2015
Days are long with very short or no breaks. Inconsistent rules throughout the company. To spite employee handbook stating otherwise, manager of scheduling department is married to CEO which causes numerous conflicts and a very poor working environment. Huge employee turnover is only one symptom of this EXTREMELY dysfunctional management system. Inconsistent rules, working hours, and moody and hostile managers make this place a source of unhappiness for many. Co-workers were very nice and competent but this is overshadowed by a select few managers and executives that are letting personal and marital differences influence decisions, attitudes, and goals that are detrimental to the employees which result in the very large turnaround in some departments.
Pros
Freedom to quit when you can't take it anymore!
Cons
Watching good people being treated badly.
Great co-workers , manufacturing and quality are always striving to do better.
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fraser, MIFebruary 2, 2015
The company has good people working for it and they really want to be number one in there field but I fee like there's a struggle for growth.
Pros
My co-workers are super nice
Cons
You're not encouraged
bad management
Cnc Lathe Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Lots of overtime but horrible management and the leaders and workers are not knowledgeable in their jobs.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management has a lot of issues and losing great talent.
LAB SUPERVISOR/ Offline-CMM Programmer (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJanuary 20, 2014
They promise you the stars to get you in the door, once your in the door, they lie and fail to follow there promises.
Engineer Assistant
Engineer Administration (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJune 25, 2013
A typical day consisted of putting graphs up in the shop. Pulling engineering folders that needed to be released, releasing those jobs as well as others that may have been put on my desk. Putting together traveler folders that would follow the parts throughout the process. Help files invoices as well as request tech plans as needed.

Want to know more about BMT Aerospace?

Ask a question