BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 311 reviews matching the search See all 2,066 reviews
Great Company
Consultant/Full Stack Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a consultant at BNP Paribas. The job was fun and I got the opportunity to use my full skill set on a wide range of projects( both front-end and back-end).
Used to be a good place, now very underpaid with a lot of bureaucracy
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
It used to be a good place to work. While the bank has a decent benefits the compensation is very low and doesn't increase year over year. The bank became very bureaucratic with many layers of not-effective management.
Great place to work!
Universal Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 25, 2018
Worked for a local bank in my area for 15 years before BOTW. I feel like our branch is a work family and it is a great place to work! I have learned so much in my 3 years with this bank, much more than the last job. If you are on the fence, I say give it a try, you won’t regret it! Also, the company really focuses on customer service and we go above and beyond to truly do what’s best for them! Benefits are great as well as the pay.
Pros
Great pay, positive management, weekends off
My view of BNP
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 25, 2018
The people that work there are very professional, and care about your successes as long as you try hard and get great results.

You get a chance to move higher as long as you prove you're capable.
Pros
great business enviornment
Cons
Not enough american workers
Best job ever at the time I had a wonderful experience the management team was really knowledgeable and professional
Commercial Loan Processor II- Processed (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA 94596April 18, 2018
I wasn’t happy living in the San Francisco’s Bay Area my heart wasn’t in San Francisco it was up in Alaska. The employees and the employer was a great group of wonderful men and women that enjoyed there careers with the bank. I went through a very Tedious interview that went for 3 days long with a few bank managers. They all decided to hire me knowing that I wasn’t going to stay in California. I gave them 100% of my abilities to working with the bank and I kept my working professional relationship with each member of the bank right up to the CEO since I was only a few doors from the CEO office.
Pros
Kept to the task commercial loans. Did my job!
Cons
Show up daily for work 100% refreshed
Nice experience
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 12, 2018
I have been working at Bank of the West full-time

Pros

The legacy of innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship is alive and kicking!
Cons

Given the state of government and expected compliance and regulatory impacts that may result, transforming into a more flexible and dynamic organization is critical at this point.
Challenging and changing
Associate, Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
BNP Paribas is a great place to get acclimated with the industry. Wonderful working environment and benefits to employees. Daily challenges and obstacles that help build your confidence and knowledge of the overall business.
Very good company
Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 12, 2018
I loved working for BNP Paribas. Everday was a busyand challenging day. We learned new things. The company has great benefits and is easily accessible to all major transportation.
Pros
Great company and great benefits
Cons
Its all up to your manager
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
Most managers at the firm are decent humans, but sometimes you encounter an outlier who will make entire department's life miserable. If you are a part of support functions you have a job security but advancement is a completely different story - you have to be a part of the 'click'
Pros
well paced, great bennefits, mostly great people
Cons
HR does not reinfource policies and promotes senior management unethical behaviour
Summer Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  ParisApril 8, 2018
Great workplace with friendly people. Not busy enough at times as I worked during the summer. A lot happening as the office is big. There is alway someone to help out.
Boring
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
If you want tame and no excitement yet good pay at a solid company then You should work here. The people are chill and the coffee machines aren’t bad.
Horrible place to work
Banker I (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 2, 2018
Management is horrible. Everyone expects things that aren’t voiced. Management gets upset when you ask questions. They’re super pushy about sales and makes the job super stressful. They micro manage your every move.
Pros
Cons
Management, attitude, negative work environment, stressful environment
Extreme Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 27, 2018
If you are French join, else find something better. Extremely dysfunctional style of management where work culture is always rewarding the worst. There is lack of integrity on financial compliance for government.
Slow
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2018
very slow.
low pay.
good work life balance.
limited career development potential.
conservative and laid back.

no recommended for someone who has more ambitious in his/her career
Hard place to work
MANAGING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2018
Talented and smart individuals to work with; difficult place to get settled and focus on business as organization is reorganizing every 12-18 months.

Firm is not competitive with compensation
Compared to other banks, BNP is overall a nicer bank to work for
Securities Lending Trading Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
BNP Paribas is one of the more socially responsible banks to work for. The culture is not as brash as some of the other banks, and they do care about their employees as shown in the benefits. Lateral and department mobility is good.
Pros
Good benefits, Nice culture, Global presence
Cons
Culture changed a little when they purchased Bank of America's Prime Brokerage
Good and rich experience
Steria contractor (Former Employee) –  ParisMarch 23, 2018
The experience at BNP Paribas Arval was good and very rich.
I had a good time working with my team, the salary was good, and I worked at night from home for emergency instructions so I the salary was better than expected.
I still in touch with my coworkers.
Place is trash
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
How anyone works there is beyond me. I have no desire to ever go back to a company that treats there workers like second class citiizens. The security Director in NYC is trash.
Management Shortcomings
Vice President, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
Bank of the West is owned by a French financial conglomerate that does not understand US real estate lending. The bank is undercapitalized, which results in uncompetitive interest rate pricing for our borrowers. This puts the sales force in a difficult position to compete against the larger, more technologically savvy lenders. If you are a seasoned lender this is not the bank for you. If you are borrower this is not the bank for you, unless you enjoy pain. Treasury management products are 15 years behind the competition. Branches are outdated and in average to poor condition.
Pros
Laziness is tolerated
Cons
Absence of leadership, not competitive, archaic processes
Not a good company to work for
Service Banker (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 20, 2018
Very high school mentality from mgmt. Play games and very demeaning. Very fake with customers. Nice to face but then talk behind their back. Not a good place to work. If you have a problem and go thru correct channels they say no retaliation - that is such a lie. They throw you under the bus. If you make a mistake mgmt tries to humiliate you in front of customers. Expectations are not realistic. You don't get compensation but mgmt does.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Vac time they pay much tell you when you can take it. Mgmt is not professional, work attitude is very childish, very two - faced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss