BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Found 319 reviews matching the search See all 2,152 reviews
Very good company
AML/KYC Due Diligence Analyst, Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 2, 2018
BNPP is a very good company to work for. There's a good work/life balance. Management allows employees to make decisions so long as they promote productivity.
Great job with no long hours
Securities Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2018
Normal 8 hour work day.
Friendly working environment.
Free lunches.
Considerably low pay.
Dreadful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
Culture is stodgy, stoic and obdurate, eventually reacting to regulatory compliance with feckless gestures rather than making any attempt to improve policy, process, or procedures. Disgusting, actually.
great workplace and fun colleagues
Budget & Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hauts-de-SeineJune 1, 2018
Great place to work. Good management and many opportunities to discover new things and innovate
I took part in many innovation initiatives and contests
Pros
great workplace
Unfair management
Personal Assistant / Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 1, 2018
I would not recommend working here. Head of desk most unprofessional person within company. Rude and arrogant with unfair treatment amongst staff. Many tears from staff members on a daily basis.
Pros
bonus
Cons
unfair behaviour
French culture
Communications (Former Employee) –  NYMay 25, 2018
Very much French culture. Very good benefits and if you search for a place to grow you can definitely make it happen there. A lot of traveling available if you want to.
Inspiring company
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  ParisMay 25, 2018
Huge growth potential
Strong investment in talents
Giving opportunities to develop one's skills
Very international
Challenging and demanding environment
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 10, 2018
A great bank to work for , and growing in the US. With its extensive global reach, BNP offers plenty of mobility opportunities, provides excellent work life balance and benefits, as well as advancement opportunities. Compensation is competitive.
Great Company
Consultant/Full Stack Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a consultant at BNP Paribas. The job was fun and I got the opportunity to use my full skill set on a wide range of projects( both front-end and back-end).
Used to be a good place, now very underpaid with a lot of bureaucracy
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
It used to be a good place to work. While the bank has a decent benefits the compensation is very low and doesn't increase year over year. The bank became very bureaucratic with many layers of not-effective management.
Great place to work!
Universal Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 25, 2018
Worked for a local bank in my area for 15 years before BOTW. I feel like our branch is a work family and it is a great place to work! I have learned so much in my 3 years with this bank, much more than the last job. If you are on the fence, I say give it a try, you won’t regret it! Also, the company really focuses on customer service and we go above and beyond to truly do what’s best for them! Benefits are great as well as the pay.
Pros
Great pay, positive management, weekends off
My view of BNP
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 25, 2018
The people that work there are very professional, and care about your successes as long as you try hard and get great results.

You get a chance to move higher as long as you prove you're capable.
Pros
great business enviornment
Cons
Not enough american workers
Best job ever at the time I had a wonderful experience the management team was really knowledgeable and professional
Commercial Loan Processor II- Processed (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA 94596April 18, 2018
I wasn’t happy living in the San Francisco’s Bay Area my heart wasn’t in San Francisco it was up in Alaska. The employees and the employer was a great group of wonderful men and women that enjoyed there careers with the bank. I went through a very Tedious interview that went for 3 days long with a few bank managers. They all decided to hire me knowing that I wasn’t going to stay in California. I gave them 100% of my abilities to working with the bank and I kept my working professional relationship with each member of the bank right up to the CEO since I was only a few doors from the CEO office.
Pros
Kept to the task commercial loans. Did my job!
Cons
Show up daily for work 100% refreshed
Nice experience
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 12, 2018
I have been working at Bank of the West full-time

Pros

The legacy of innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship is alive and kicking!
Cons

Given the state of government and expected compliance and regulatory impacts that may result, transforming into a more flexible and dynamic organization is critical at this point.
Challenging and changing
Associate, Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
BNP Paribas is a great place to get acclimated with the industry. Wonderful working environment and benefits to employees. Daily challenges and obstacles that help build your confidence and knowledge of the overall business.
Very good company
Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 12, 2018
I loved working for BNP Paribas. Everday was a busyand challenging day. We learned new things. The company has great benefits and is easily accessible to all major transportation.
Pros
Great company and great benefits
Cons
Its all up to your manager
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
Most managers at the firm are decent humans, but sometimes you encounter an outlier who will make entire department's life miserable. If you are a part of support functions you have a job security but advancement is a completely different story - you have to be a part of the 'click'
Pros
well paced, great bennefits, mostly great people
Cons
HR does not reinfource policies and promotes senior management unethical behaviour
Summer Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  ParisApril 8, 2018
Great workplace with friendly people. Not busy enough at times as I worked during the summer. A lot happening as the office is big. There is alway someone to help out.
Boring
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
If you want tame and no excitement yet good pay at a solid company then You should work here. The people are chill and the coffee machines aren’t bad.
Horrible place to work
Banker I (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 2, 2018
Management is horrible. Everyone expects things that aren’t voiced. Management gets upset when you ask questions. They’re super pushy about sales and makes the job super stressful. They micro manage your every move.
Pros
Cons
Management, attitude, negative work environment, stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BNP Paribas.

Powered by Comparably