BNP Paribas
Here to help
Coronavirus update

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

United States475 reviews
Not requested to join as legacy system full manual work, not at all balanced life. Need to improve in technology and they should provide better trainings for new joiners
Pros
Nothing as such
Cons
Full of cons only
The job description may describe a great job, but if you care about your next job with what you learned, pass this one up. What is described is not indicative of the opportunities available to you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of opportunities
It’s a cliche but “They don’t know what they’re doing.” Some managers are trying to go one way, and others going another. There is no vision, just a constant battle between Europe and the US.
Pros
Come and go as you please
Cons
Everything else including low compensation
HR will not hear your side. Management has favorites. They promote racist people who they know is a racist. They allow their management to be mean due to their diva moments as one manager called his behavior towards his team. The pay is minimum wage almost for back office and the call center. Honestly theres better jobs and better pay. They don't allow to move within the company unless if you're a favorite. Bank of the West is not the place to work for. The systems are like working in the late 80s. Not updates technology. Hasn't the same since it become BNP.
Pros
Nothing. The co workers were the best.
Cons
The bathrooms in Omaha location smells like human waste all the time for years.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Company focuses alot on sustainability balance and society not only about money so even if something is profitable sometimes company discourages it balance is the right word
Pros
Concerned with overall balance
Cons
A little slower
Generally felt displaced from management at the more junior level, extreme lack of thought into organizational structure and strategy so that many hurdles have to be jumped in order to get a simple job completed. There is also a lack of communication strategy which it feels like the juniors are disconnected from higher management. Also many (not all) of the directors are unable to perform rudimentary processes with existing technology, like spell check, approving internal requests, scheduling calendar invites, navigate Microsoft word and power point. There also doesn't seem to be an onus on the manager to "manage" but instead to command and demand which makes the position very tiring.

The more positive aspects of working here is that at least the company is focused on sustainability banking and diversity and inclusion. Compared to another bank I used to be at, there is also a little more visibility at the junior level to the senior bankers (which is a double edged sword). There has been an attempt to reconnect junior analysts with the more senior bankers, however, nothing has changed, and it doesn't feel like there has been effort to make change besides empty. If only they could execute the strategy and communication from up top to the more junior analysts, that would help quite a lot.
Pros
Late work meals after 8:30 & Uber, lack of management gives a sense of freedom.
Cons
Facetime pressure to stay at the office late and come in early, especially with older managers, managers are unable to use technology properly and navigate the Microsoft Word Suite, strong sense of facetime, lots of admin work which gets in the way of personal development in a role of this caliber.
I worked at BNP for 5 years as a consultant and then a perm employee. Even as a consultant I was treated like I was a regular perm employee. Management was great in supporting you and I always felt they had my back. Made alot of great lasting relationships there, sadly it came to an end when they decided to offshore about 100 jobs to India to save money.

Pay (at least for VP's) was probably 20% of market, they tried to make up for it with great benefits (7 weeks vacation), but I would have much rather had 3 weeks and an extra 20k. Those extra 4 weeks dont help pay for y

kids tuition lol

All told, excellent place to work.
The company caters to the French.

It is a corrupt and untrustworthy company that lies to its employees.

The company cut costs to benefit the top brass and looks down on the associates.

The systems that they implemented are cheap and cause much stress to the employees.

There is a lot of favoritism and I had to leave the company because the place is toxic to work for.

It is dysfunctional from upper management on down.

It's sad that people are scared to speak out because if they do the company finds a way to lay the associate off.
This is the only investment bank in NY that I am aware of that gives 7 weeks of PTO for employees VP level and above. It is a great place for those with families as the work life balance is great.
Cons
nn
Risk averse leadership in need of greater alignment and more focused strategy. Bank of the West entity reports in to Paris Headquarters. Operational efficiency is desired, but not in place.
BNP Paribas is a great tennis tournament that provides great opportunity for young adults. It shows how to work as a team to complete tasks and work together.
analyse du niveau de risque des dossiers en vérifiant la cohérence de son activité avec ces différents flux ( client, fournisseurs) et identification des bénéficiaires effectifs notamment pour comprendre l'origine de l'actif investit dans la société, ainsi identifié si il ya eu des hits positifs en cours des 5 dernières années
une expérience très enrichissante qui m'a permis de me former et d'encadrer plusieurs collaborateurs. Nous avons aussi mis en place des procédures pour l'ensemble des postes .
Structured day with meetings with BAs, Developers and Stakeholders.

Great colleagues across the globe working together towards completion of the project.
Environnement agréable et stimulant !
Bonne équilibre de vie et on se sent a l’écoute.
Wonderful culture and collaborative environment. The management is supportive, compensation fair, and benefits are beyond compare. I highly recommend BNPP.
Working at BNP Paribas was extremely beneficial - I learned a lot about different roles within operations. The environment is more laid back for an investment bank; this allows people to really think things through and ask questions for understanding.
I enjoy my work environment, I get to experience both part from Consulting Services to Production Support. I get to share my past experience where applicable.
Bank is just playing catching up, horrible system, not enough support, old school, lots of kyc, average compensation and benefits. friendly people. Sales goals are kind of useless.
I do not want my review to be published in any way. Please make sure this review is not published at any time. I would appreciate if this review is not published at all
Excellent company that offers tons of opportunities to learn and grow. The culture is very supportive and encourages employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Phenomenal benefits!