BNY Mellon
Information from BNY Mellon:

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

United States3,606 reviews
Found 3,606 reviews matching the search
Work hours can be long, especially at month end. Managers get really busy sometimes so when you need a question answered, you could be waiting a while for an answer.
Fore most the best company to work for. They really care about its employees. Compensation, benefits, vacation, sick pay all are very good. They allow for remote work as well.
Interesting company with energetic people. It is good to see how supportive everyone is towards new hires. Love the team work and have no cons working for them.
Displacement were rampant while I worked for the company, however, the new CEO has discontinued the practice. The work was demanding, but I loved my job and the people that I worked with.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Ok place to work. You need to be able to work at an extremely fast paced environment and multitask. High call volume almost all the time. Training needs to improve somehow, perhaps a bit more interactive. It's the year 2020 and some instructors are very old fashion as far as how training goes. As long as you are used to a call center environment you should be good and the work is tolerable.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Long probation time to be permanent.
Great company to start off with and to get your foot off the ground. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It also depends on the team that you are on that makes the culture and your day. People here are really nice and make the company a great place to work and the job more bearable. My manager was never around that much which helps in concentration of tasks and to focus on my own work. Great people here, not too many micromanagers from what I can tell. Nice office and free parking in Everett and downtown location is ideal and centrally located.
Pros
Convenient Location
Cons
Management or managers who do not know how to be managers, lack of opportunity to advance unless if you apply within elsewhere, pay is often below market rate or behind the times especially with stagnant wages in this economy, Don't expect free lunches or anything compared to working in tech
It was a good place to work and get valued work experience. They didn't Micro manage you and they trust you to get your work done. I liked it because there was always work to do too.
Fun work environment that allowed me to ask questions and learn about the inner working of a financial institution. I was allowed to sit in on corporate meetings and it developed an early interest in asset management and other similar fields of banking.
The company is trying to get back on top with a lot of firms, while cutting costs to stream line return for investors. This seems to come at a cost in our current economy for employees of the bank with layoffs, low yearly pay increases and marginal bonuses. Resulting in good talent leaving the bank for higher paying jobs at other competing firms and technology companies.
Pros
Pay tends to be higher then most commercial banks, the ability to work from home a few days a week if wanted or need is nice, benefits are good.
Cons
As of late - frequent layoffs and restructurings.
Was a great company until joined with Iron Mountain. Iron Mountain is not a good company. They do not value the workers and have a hard time with communication.
It is a very neat, clean, and happy workplace. People are friendly and helpful. You can learn new technologies, but it is not difficult. Time is a constraint, so work should be done in given deadlines.
Great place to work . Training is very thorough . Co workers are very helpful . Bosses work with you.great benefit package . Paid holidays , vacation and incentives
HR was not helpful and hard too communicate with. No advancement opportunities. Co workers help one another made it fun too be at work. No flexibility in schedule. A lot of diversity

which I enjoyed
Pros
Lovey diversity
Cons
No advancement
I loved my job at BNY Mellon, but my job was eliminated. Working in the Real Time Payment area was new and we were always busy. My position was relocated to India.
There are definitely many opportunities here for DevOps Engineers. Technology teams are heading in the right direction by transitioning to DevOps tool sets but their legacy processes and lack of communication skills sometimes holding everyone back from advancing. Lack of communication is the biggest issue in this company.
Pros
Containerized apps. Strong initiative to automate and adopt modern concepts like DevOps
Cons
Lack of communication skills. Lack of diversity. Many workers show apprehension to automation.
I believe its just area that has a schizophrenic personality...management does not communicate clearly and often changes pathes midstream. Manager often reconstructs efforts to suit themselves which doesnt allow for growth.
My typical day starts with checking business requirements and jobs to be completed by the day.

Along with Client/Business meetings will plan the day accordingly.

Best part is transparency at work where Each tech member in the sector will know of all the changes and updates made on the technical side and can give suggestions which are considered.
Working at BNY Mellon has many challenges, however the work is very rewarding. BNY Mellon's culture and work environment pushes you to do your best. It is a good company to work for.
There is tons of politics and the area was under restructuring. The team was composed of great people but senior management was navigating company politics.
Pros
Great people
Cons
contract work
I sometimes enjoyed working there and sometimes I did not want to go to work, but as I decided to change my attitude about the negative parts of the Call Center job I eventually got promoted to a Workflow Coordinator position in another department and I enjoyed that position a lot more than the Call Center position in Bondholder Relations.
Perks: cafeteria, on-site health care, coffee, competitive pay and excellent benefits
Bad stuff: trust no one - job security is questionable and it’s fairly cut-throat
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
1.4K
1.3K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BNY Mellon.