BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
41.1K
Found 2,620 reviews matching the search See all 3,351 reviews
Managaement at BNYMellon encourages personal growth
Vice-President, Estate Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2018
My manager encouraged me to accept a position for which I did not feel qualified. After a month of coaching I did accept the position. This resulted in personal growth. I was given the responsibility of training branch employees to recognize new business opportunities. This resulted in significant revenue to wealth management. I was also encourage to give seminars to clients. I became an accomplished public speaker. This manager was instrumental in my growth and this enabled me to achieve what I would have thought were unattainable goals.
Pros
Encourages personal growth
Cons
There are none.
it was great
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2018
i dont have anything bad to say the manager and staff at the boston location were fantastic. I helped with an on going project that required putting in manual data into programs that verified the legitimacy of corporations that were taking donations as a charity.
Pros
great staff
Cons
nothing
Bad company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Low wages, long hours, bad working environment, terrible office

I would not recommend working here, the physical office environment is bad, procedures dated, and technology obsolete.

Very low raises, non-competitive pay.
I left
Enterprise IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
I left because of the disarray and confusion and having six managers in three years.

The job did pay well and I really liked all the people that I worked with.
Running on the fumes of past glories; banking on an uncertain future
Senior Proposal Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2018
The typical work day was varied and haried.

I learned to be adaptable and wary.

The workplace culture was lacking. Morale seemed at an all-time low.

The hardest part of the job, as it evolved over time, was the loss of agency and the dizzying, no, the staggering amount of senseless internal bureaucracy.
Pros
Working with some few solid folks was pretty good--almost human.
Cons
I'm no crank, but, truly, too many to list.
not applicable
Pershing Advisor Solutions (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 20, 2018
NO job advancement and a clicky culture. Keep your head down and work or you will be pushed out by management.
Management doesn't have real management experience. Florida is where all the advancement is.
Life at Mellon
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2018
The days off and vacation is a huge plus for family purposes. Management is inconsistent through out different units of the organization. Compensation could be better for staff, especially for individuals that are loyal to the company.
Pros
networking and financial systems
Cons
compensation
A tyipical day on a mutual fund transfer agency
Senior Control Spec IV (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 18, 2018
On a typical day we are very busy reconciling the many clients that we service. At times there is more work to be done than there are people to complete it. This is due to some clients being out sourced to our India sub-contractor which then requires a restructuring of employees in the state. To later take one of the client back due to additional business being acquired that is not able to be supported properly by our India counter parts prior to the new restructuring of the on shore employees.
Pros
Overtime when it is extremely busy is offered.
Cons
At times having to work through lunch to get everything done.
Team oriented environment
Settlement Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at BNY Mellon for ten years. BNY Mellon is a very good company to work for because they award their employees for their hard work, and the employees work together as a team to accomplish success in the company.
BNY Mellon offers opportunity for growth.
Sr. Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 17, 2018
BNY Mellon offers opportunities for growth and gaining knowledge of corporate finance. There are many areas of the bank that can fit the needs of the employee.
Flexbile work/home life balance
Senior Auditor- BSA/AML/Legal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Great work/home life balance, but not much career growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. People always willing to help out. Hardest part of about the job is lack of career growth.
BNY mellon is nice company to work, Great opportunities .
Senior Developer/Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 17, 2018
Its fast moving software development environment and you have to be very quick to take all decisions and should be very strong on all technical skills..
Not a good working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 14, 2018
work ethic needs to improve . and overall it is not a place anyone wants to work at, this includes the management or other employees, i mean that it looks like that they hate their job and are forces to work there as they do not have any other option
Very fast paced
Transfer Agent Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Very under staffed and the call Que would be constantly going. Did not like having to follow a strict AUX time schedule. Lots of young people working in the call center that are not professional.
Pros
Free coffee, cafeteria on site
Cons
young workers, no professionalism
Outsource Kings
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2018
My manager collected information on others to blackmail-which is how this person stayed in power. It was a ruthless organization that often recruited part-time workers and threatened to outsource full time work to India. BNYM's motto was "Do More Or Bangalore!" Of course "doing more" never included higher pay. They did me a favor when they didn't renew my contract.
Not a bad place to work. pros and cons
Relationship Executive, VP (Former Employee) –  Everett, MASeptember 13, 2018
Culture has migrated from Client centric to Shareholder centric. Focused on being best value provider vs best service provider. Benefits adequate not interested in being a leader in this area.
Pros
some flexible work arrangements, pay good at certain levels, financially sound company
Cons
extremely bottom line conscious company will cut jobs quarterly as needed to make numbers
Good company
Vice President - Global Collateral Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Good company albeit positions change often due to branches outside of NY, example positions could relocate to Pittsburgh of Florida. Technology is not up to date.
Good place to start a career.
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Good place to start a career. Opportunities for career growth. Some departments are better than others in terms of work life balance. Pay was decent on par in industry.
Was a great place to work for, but management has changed
Principal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
With the latest changes in management, it's not about what you know, and it's not about all for one, and one for all, it's about where you can place the job at the least cost to the company. I've had several great managers who instilled in us that it's not about one person but the team effort to accomplish the goals. Long days were not an issue, but times have changed. The staff I worked with locally were terrific and always supportive of each other. Many of them have left the company, retired or been let go.
Pros
Many staff have stayed long-term and have institutional knowledge.
Cons
Longevity of staff sometimes makes change more difficult.
Safe job with no promotions
AIS accountant I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 12, 2018
Company is profit oriented , constantly adding more responsibilities without increasing salary or promoting. Company do not care for employees, time is somewhat flexible but to a degree of comfort of your manager.