BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 2,718 reviews matching the search See all 3,470 reviews
Horrible place to work
Trust Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2018
No organized training. No clear job description or responsibilites stated. If you asked questions, management considered it a bad thing and told you so at review time.
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment
management asks for more and no increase in pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  NY City, NYNovember 13, 2018
constantly downsizing. pass on more work to the the ones left. always a new project and rarely acknowledge their employees. client satisfaction no longer a requirement. company is not what it used to be.
Pros
good location
Cons
overworked and undervalued
Great learning experiend
Senior Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
a typical day at work is structured. Learned about various financial instruments. Management follows the rules. Workplace culture various per department
Good place to get exposed to Financial Servicing business
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 13, 2018
BNY has the potential to be a great FinCo. They have good IT people but lack the proper structure and direction. If you are looking for work and not much concern about your personal, family life, this is the place for you.
Behind the Curve
Account Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
BNY Mellon lacks a forward-thinking work environment. The bank is still stuck in the old way of thinking and needs a jolt of young, forward-thinking leaders.
A Company With Great Opportunities
Analyst / CARS - Prime Brokerage Accounting Team (Former Employee) –  Everett, MANovember 12, 2018
There were some structural changes which resulted in my departure, but overall, I enjoyed being employed at Mellon and can see myself returning. I enjoyed performing monthly reporting and analytical tasks. There was a good work culture there. Employees were recognized for their hard work.
Challenging workplace. Company provides the opportunity to learn every day.
Sr Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2018
Challenging workplace. Company provides the opportunity to learn every day. Corporate Trust is a core business and competency, and they take commitment to remain unbiased seriously. BNY utilizes global footprint to deliver a full range of issuer and related investor services across a wide range of program types.
na
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJNovember 6, 2018
Salary is an issue as well as it is almost impossible to move up AND be compensated for your work. If the company would treat employees like family; employees would stay
It is a productive and work place to be.
Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJNovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work, it various. You have very busy days; as you are none stop through out the day and you have days that your busy half of the day and then it slows down at end of day. You also have days where you are slow in the morning but then it picks up after lunch time, until end of day.

Each day, you are learning new things. You may receive a request that you have never seen or have seen eight months ago but you are learning each day. Management within work are very nice and helpful. They are always open for discussions and to help out.

The work place culture, its a diversity environment. Everyone works well with one another and gets along.

The hardest part of the job is when you are short of staff and your scrambling around to get coverage and help.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone gathers together for holiday lunches. As well as, when everyone comes together to help one another.
Pros
Vacation time, holiday celebrations, and birthdays.
Cons
Not having a real cafeteria in the small building
Great workplace
Workflow Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 5, 2018
I loved working there and wish I could continue my career if I didn't relocate. As long as you come to work driven, and ready to do your best, the management and people are wonderful.
This is a great place to work
Consultant - Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2018
This is a great place to work. I worked as a VP and also left and came back as a consultant. I have nothing negative to say about this company. I don't really have anything more to say about my experiences at BNY Mellon other than to praise my time there.
Work/life review
ETF Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
It was a great place to work at. My direct team were very helpful and the collaboration with other departments demonstrated teamwork. I would recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
Great, positive team members
Cons
Compensation isn't good
Dysfunctional Systems and Management, No advancement opportunities, Bad Medical
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, MANovember 4, 2018
3 Corporation CEO changes, 4 divisional management changes in last 10 years, with divisional restructuring averaging every 2. New management wiping out previous in favor of all outside managers who are unfamiliar with mass of systems and teams that are not interconnected. No advancement opportunities, and even in times of expansion under constant threat of being laid off. With frequent layoffs, demands on individuals increases (most are doing the work of 2-3 people) while average salary raise is 1.5 to 2.0%. Medical benefits went from robust BCBS HMO or PPO to United 80% plan with very high deductibles and minimal company contributions (appx $1000 for the year if you complete various requirements - ex. health coaching) For past 9 years company has encouraged staff to work from home part or full time. New CEO has stated that will be discontinued - all staff are to work 100% in office, "If you are looking for any kind of work life balance, this company is not for you."
Bank of New York
Consultant -Mainframe developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2018
Good place to work. Very good work life balance. friendly co workers. No a lot of opportunity for promotion. Salaries not as good as other companies.
positive place to work
Electronic Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2018
I worked at Mellon Bank until retirement in 2004. My time and experience there was actually a rewarding time in my life. My supervisors were fair and professional. They always wanted me to train the new people coming in. So I was very helpful in that respect. You might say I was a type of lead in my area of data entry.
A good company to start your career for
Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2018
BNY Mellon is a professional organization for individuals looking to broaden their horizons and learn in a high-paced environment. The company is a good workplace with a diverse workforce and friendly people.
good place
Vice President, Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2018
It is a good place with limited job growth. the opportunities are limited but the work culture is good. there are no free coffees or snacks and not good food choices.
Could be so much better.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 1, 2018
Unfortunately the company could do many things regarding talent and culture to improve the situation, but they are unwilling, unable or simply cannot identify the opportunities and refuse to ask the employees affected by policies or procedures.
Pros
Multiple types of benefits.
Cons
Bad
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 1, 2018
Did not like it there. It was all about the bottom line, employees were treated like numbers instead of people. I had 2 bosses in 2 diff cities with different expectations.
BNY Mellon was a very good company to work for
DNS Administrator/Engineering (Former Employee) –  West Paterson, NJOctober 30, 2018
Day to Day work was good, working relationships were good.
Workplace culture was ok
Life and work balance could be hectic but it was rewarded with times off
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Could be tough on the family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

19%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

35%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss