BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 2,515 reviews matching the search See all 3,223 reviews
Alright
Mini Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2018
Hires outside before inside of company. Needs better manager training. Benefits are good and it's good job security. Can be hired in different departments.
It's nice place to work.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 17, 2018
The salary isn't competitive, but if you are willing to relocate out of state you will be able to advance in your career. They offer shift work and you need to be able to work odd hours.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No cups for that coffee
Productive new atmosphere
Private Wealth Service and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
The company provides a lot of support for work balance, there is a diverse culture and though we all work in completely different departments we all work with each other to accomplish our tasks. The company encourages you to be engaged in networking events that will help with career growth.
very busy and steady
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2018
in coming calls back to back no time to breathe in between very steady. I didn't like the call that there were times under staffed didn't feel everyone did there share
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
no time in between
most enjoyable part of BNYMellon
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
BNYMellon as a company provides many outlets and benefits to their employees! From educational programs to employee appreciation events, they are wonderful at providing employees benefits outside of the yearly salary.
BNY Mellon
Corporate Actions Representative (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 15, 2018
Management is positive, easy to talk to, and accommodating. Email communication mostly. A typical day can range from very slow to overwhelming amounts of work. Most enjoyable part of the job is solving clients issues and being commended for it.
Enjoyable work and staff I work with
Financial Reporting Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 15, 2018
I definitely enjoy the job but about 75% of the work is now being transferred to India. Lots of layoffs and no job security. I have learned lots of accounting practices I did not work with in the past, but again. layoff may be in the future
Very positive experience
MANAGING DIRECTOR, Investor Servicing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Very positive experience with BNY Mellon, of which I am a full time employee, for over 23 years. The career steps over the years, and the associated promotions I was granted, are an example of the Company's recognition for employees' skills and their performance.
Employees are given fairly standard choices in HRA or HSA medical benefits as well as a matching 401k plan.
Tuition contribution is available to business related studies.
Many business areas offer the opportunity of exposure to international collaboration and travelling.
The negative part of this job, which is completely personal to my own situation, is the three hours commute (each way) it requires. Hence my looking for more local opportunities.
Pros
Company's culture
Cons
Long distance commute
Fun place to work
Document Custody Sr. Processor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
I love the Company, just looking for Better Opportunity. I want to explore my options. My background is Banking, Accounting, Cleritical, Tax Processor. I am looking for a Company so I can show what can I offer them with my Experience.
BNYM was a great company to work for. I worked there for 18+ years and had a great experience.
Global Income -adr tax reclaims SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
BNYM was a really good place to work. I worked there for over 18+ years. I learned a lot from the company. We all worked together to ensure the work was completed in an efficient manner. We met strict deadlines to ensure the clients expectations were met. We made sure to answer the clients' query within a 24 hour timeframe. I loved to go into work and make sure the job was done and everyone was satisfied. I had an excellent work relationship with my managers as well as my co -workers.
Pros
co-workers and mangement were excellent
Merger Fall Out
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
When they merged with Citizens Bank, the departments were downsized and as a job share position holder, my and my partners jobs were merged to one full time employee and I chose to leave.
N/a
Managing Director, Head Corp Policies Grp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
The Company is now driven by efficiency in all matters, which is not necessarily the best formula for all Compliance functions.

A recent movement to reduce the real estate footprint will save millions, but results in open "collaborative" working spaces which are ridiculous for those who work on highly sensitive issues, are primarily thought workers, or who spend much time on the phone.

One size fits all -- which sounds good from the corner office of efficiency -- just doesn't always work.
great place
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Great low stress place to work. Culture is good. Diverse and welcoming. Several locations across the world gives great opportunity to move around. Company offers great benefits and work life balance.
Strong foundation, not as diverse as expected
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
Depending on the department the culture can be harsh and not as engaged. Morale is some places is down and diverse talent hardly ever stays beyond the 2-3 years. Promotion within grassroots and middle management is limited. You do need to have a mentor and a sponsor within the company to move around if you want to move up. There are limited opportunities for administrative staff to move up in their career or even to switch careers. Diversity of color in some offices is almost not there. New CEO is making changes that can improve that, also culture.

Health benefits are comparable with other places, but definitely on the more expense out of your pocket. Some offices have more benefits than others i.e. gym, cafeteria, etc.
Pros
Some Employee Resource Groups offer mentoring programs
Cons
Lack of diverse employees at all levels of the organization, specially executive level roles
demanding, little recognition
Senior Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 10, 2018
While I enjoyed my job and through my self in it for 12 years I was unceremoniously dismissed as some bean counter determined that my 85k position could be handled by a junior associate. forget that on average I was working 60 to 60 hours a week for them.

My hiring director and direct supervisor for 10 yrs. was great, places in another group under a different director and under a different manager when it really went down hill. Neither understood full the value that I brought to the group.
Pros
Benefits until Obama care came into the work place
Cons
Very poor Salary advancement, on average 1.5 yearly increases
Terrible Boss
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
BNY Mellon allows its managers to gaslight its employees and blame their own deficiencies on the contractors on their team.

HR investigations have a leak in them.
Pros
Big Bank
Cons
Terrible management, culture of fear
Laid off over the phone
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 6, 2018
I was laid off in a phone call without an opportunity to truly respond, A meeting with my supervisor would have been more beneficial along with a more descriptive and specific reason for the layoff,
as well as an opportunity to change for the better.
Pros
Salary was excellent.
Cons
A discussion on how to improve myself for the company would have been more beneficial, Too many outside people were broyght in, They did not know the culture of the company nor did they really try to understand it.
I enjoyed the people I worked with but not the company
Senior Insurance Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJuly 5, 2018
Most of the people were great. I never had any problems with management but the overall direction of the company was not great. Not much room for growth or advancement and the pay is terrible. The workload is very uneven and they will continue overload you if you continue to pump out the work
Pros
Benefits, 401K, paid vacation
Cons
work overload, low pay and minimal to no pay increase
Robot like place that has a 90s office feel
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2018
I feel that both the culture and work to life balance are out of balance and that upper management are not in touch with day to day operations. This leads to unreasonable projects during high volume times.
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
often skip lunch to get work done.
Not my favorite job
Sr. Mortgage Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
I was more stressed in the short time I worked there than any other position I have ever had. I liked my coworkers, but the environment was too stressful and I wasn't happy there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

19%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

24%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss