BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 2,806 reviews matching the search See all 3,582 reviews
Moving Backwards
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Management doesn't care what employees need. Removing all flexibility from the workplace - working from home is now nearly impossible to get. Do not promote from within - hiring all new managers from outside.
Contract
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I was employed through a recruiter for a three month contract to possible employment at Bank of New York Mellon. This was my first job in an office setting and I was very excited for the change. My manager was a really nice guy and the new recruits in my class were all very nice as well. The training was two weeks witch was a relief for me because it would give me a little time to adapt to the new environment. The support specials job was not competitive because it wasn't sales based and the all the transactions are based on market time so that is when the majority of our work load was taking place. the computer system yo file and store transactions was a model from the early 90s so it was also very easy to adapt to. I think the reason I didn't fall in love with this line of work is because I do find finance can be a little dry and the lack of competition or excitement of a victory wasn't really there.
Pros
in and out same time every day
Cons
lack of adcvancment oppertunites
Fine but frustrating place to work.
Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Poor management, lack of advancement and opportunity for growth. Culture is toxic with high rate of turnover. Company is stuck in the 80s/90s and has lost its best people.
Beware
Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I was a Vice President with over three years in the Company, always had good reviews, no performance issues. To my surprise, I was laid off in the latest round of "restructuring" . Beware of BNY, they will be nice to your face and cut your job in a heartbeat. I did make a lot of friends there who I will miss.....
Decent workplace
Senior Analytics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Flexible hours and ability to work from home one day a week. Management seemed to struggle with being on the same page, however, and there was way too much middle management for the number of employees. I worked in a smaller office (maybe 40 people total) and of those there were 9 managers.
Unbalanced Workload
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2019
As you learn more within your team you are often expected to take on disproportionate amounts of work. Some team members have 2-3 hours of work per day while others are expected to complete 10 hours of work in 8 hours. Depending on the team and department, some managers are excellent while others are incompetent and refuse to listen to suggestions or improvement opportunities. Employee satisfaction is highly dependent on the managers you work with.
Pros
Training, Advancement Opportunities, 401k matching, Parental leave
Cons
Expensive Healthcare, Long work hours, Incompetent Management, Reducing work from home opportunities
Operations
Shareholder Services Specialist III (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Work on reports in the morning then process trades all day, work on corrections, research, adjustments. Answer clients questions. Train coworkers. Write up estimates, ongoing training.
No Job Security
Project Manager / Conversion Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
No Job Security. Company is discontinuing "remote access", disrupting person lives of employees. Technology is waning. Too expensive working in NYC.
Worked short term was a contract
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I was hired as a contract employee, was there 2 months and they call me on a Friday not to come back to work. Hired a temp to perm, which never happened
Challenging work
Sr. Software QA and Tester (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 11, 2019
They know how to develop software well. They follow SDLC and run nightly regression scripts and have highly intelligent people working there. Unfortunately, they are not helpful in training much and the complicated work keeps everyone too busy to help others.
bad
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2019
seriously can't pass up this section. Literally asks me to fill this out every single time i am on here. I don't have nothing to say this company at this time,
It is ok
Client Service Delivery Trust Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
The days are long, team work is excellent
management depends on the person and the management style of that person
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Pros
can purchase additional vacation days
Cons
resurrting
Very Good Company but has many managerial overhauls
Lead Database Developer, Designer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
It was a very good company to work for, benefits and salary were very competitive and people were very nice. Changes in management seem to derail some projects.
Pros
Location, experience, training.
Cons
Many weekend and overtime hours required
Company does not value experience
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Experience and Knowledge is not rewarded and upward movement is non existent. They will be having their largest layoff in history 1-14-19, and also have new people starting in newly created position which were not offered tot hose being let go
Professional
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Working with other BNY Mellon employees was a good experience. Everybody took their roles and jobs seriously. A typical day at work was busy with no time to rest. Which is a good thing so every assignment was completed.
Pros
Staff were driven to work hard.
Cons
No rest except for lunch.
stressful overworked environment
DOCUMENT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I would say work there if you don't mind the unlimited overtime hours and pay and overtime on weekends. There's not really any advancement opportunitys.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Early end hours
Strong management
VP Underwriter Private Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2019
It is an organization that drives with its mission and vision and encourage employees to act as if one is driving its own business. We have an excellent CEO that not only cares about the growth of the business, but it is very focus on be compassionated among each other and respectful.
Very fast paced company, multi tasking, and overwhelming
Rep Shareholder Service (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Fast paced and very challenging , multi task training too short, a lot to learn in a short time period very overwhelming. Need more working people for the volume of calls, and more supervisors.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible Manager!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Worked as a project manager, aligning multiple global work streams and trying to determine what was actually being done. Development management was too hands-off, so developers basically worked on whatever they wanted to, Business Analysts dropped tasks in the middle to work on things requested by the trading desk, no structure, no communication, no team work...
Having gathered all information into a formal weekly report for the business, my manager decided that I didn't need to attend the actual meetings. I later found out that he was basically lying to the traders about what was being achieved, and didn't want me there to disagree.
I couldn't wait for my contract to finish!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Good working environment
SAP BO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Good working environment. Had flexibility to work from home. Good team. Nice place to work. Had opportunity to work with other teams.
Workplace culture is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

19%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

35%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss