BO-MAC CONTRACTORS LTD Employee Reviews

Fair to work for
CARPENTER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 3, 2018
They are a good company to work for, as long as you are a hard working employee they well keep you working and there is always plenty of work to go around.
Great learning experience
Field AP/AR/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 4, 2018
Working for bo mac was a great learning experience. the employees were all fair and helpful to work with. Management were very easy to work for. pay rates were as good as any competing companies.
Awesome Company
Beaumont, Texas - Site Safety Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 8, 2018
This company is continuing to be very productive and successful in their industry. It's an absolute honor to work for such a good group of people.The culture is ever changing for the better.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
It's construction
production, production, and safety
Professional Welder (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 6, 2018
Production and safety are Bo-Mac's main priority! Pace is set high from start to finish but pay and change of scenery are a plus, also competitive pay!
Pros
breaks and holiday lunches
Cons
sometimes out of town
bomac was a great job
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJuly 30, 2018
bomac was a great job overall just wish i could of continue working with the company , ive been laid off for 5 months and times been kinda hard but bomac is a great company overall
fast paced good crew
single hand welder (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 15, 2018
i had a good experience with bomac until i was injured do to nother employee and the compnt handled it poorly. i feel that someone getting their foot in the door, the company would help them excell in their career.
Production is all they care about
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 17, 2018
If you dont get hired in as managent or crane operator dont bother. No paid vactions management trained to lie an deceive you until the job is furnish. You make your own underneath the table deals an you can forget about a raise.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Job not stable
great company
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 8, 2018
good place to work, my department was very helpful and understanding i just wanted to work closer to where i live.
I got to work with great superintendents and other supervisors
great company to work for to build a career
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  beaumont texasNovember 29, 2017
hands on construction and development for around 2 years I was with the company,verifiable track record for the successful completion of the company, management and formems were always aside if you needed any help with the project or projects going on for the day or days you are working, safety was huge with this company.
Pros
free lunch on fridays if everyone was safe for the work week.
Cons
health care and dential was provided after a 3 month work period.
It's alright but not that great
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 20, 2017
Sometimes you have the boss screaming his lungs out if he think you did something wrong but other than that u couldn't take anything personal no kind of order .
Amazing Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 17, 2017
I loved working for this company. Amazing and very smart people fill the halls and job sites. You are well trained and appreciated. The company feels like a large family and safety is always priority one. I was blindsided with a lay off but I would jump at the opportunity to return any time.
Pros
benefits and a caring company
Cons
lay offs
working for bomac
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 4, 2017
Typical day consisted in going over safety, job description, and completing the task at hand. When I came into the company 6 yrs. ago I had know experience when it came to this work environment. but their was a great deal that I was able to obtain during the course of the 4 times that I was given the opportunity to work for this company.
Family environment
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 27, 2017
Family oriented company that has been around for 50 years. All work together to make sure that growth is a continued goal. Many of the employees have been here for 10 years or more.
Pros
Family Oriented
it was fun, slow days.
Pile Driver Hand (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 24, 2017
While we were working, we had to sit around and wait for what were putting in the ground to finish. after words we hooked up another pile and do it over again. the hardest part of the job is that there was alot of heavy lifting.
mostly my favorite part of working there was that we all joked around everyday and messed with each other.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, not many days off
Wonderful place to work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 10, 2017
I left Bomac due to a life changing event that happened to me personally. I loved working there and the people I worked with. They are truly a family.
Great place to learn new trades
Laborer, carpenter helper (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXDecember 19, 2016
I learned how to operate light equipment, pour concrete, learned a lot of construction saftey, I also learned how to make dirt pads level
Pros
great saftey rewards
bomac
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  beaumont TexasOctober 17, 2016
Love working for them.good to work for safe pay is good .over all supervisors or fair with employees .have good equipment and employees .good benifites
bomac is a good company to work for,traveled alot,operated different equipment, pile drove.
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Bomac was an experience, i traveled alot,had an opportunity to learn different things like pile driving, operating light equipment, and was a lead man.
Pros
great pay, advancement
Cons
too much travel
Awesome company
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 12, 2016
Accounting manager is amazing!
Awesome place to work. They really take care of their employees.
They work with everyone and make you feel comfortable. The company has been around for awhile and knows how to treat their employees.
Fast paced work day and new tasks each day kept me busy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 10, 2015
I learned many new job functions working at Bo-Mac Contractors at the Motiva Refinery in Port Arthur, TX. This was a new position in the Oil, Gas & Chemical industry, so I had a lot to learn but it was very interesting working at a live refinery while Bo-Mac and other contractors were expanding the Motiva Refinery to one of the largest producing refinery in Texas.