Boar's Head Employee Reviews

It was a very stressful job, very unorganized, and they paid me next to nothing.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLJuly 27, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone who's trying to advance in their career, or anyone that isn't fast paced. It is a messy job, and the pay is very low for the work you do.
Pros
You get a 6% discount on their expensive subs.
Cons
Working there
Excelencia. Gran preocupacion por los trabajafores
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 2, 2018
Magnifica compañia. Verdaderamente cualquier trabajador desearia trabajar para está compañia.
Cons
Ninguna
Okay, but trial and error
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City Park, NYJune 10, 2018
Training barely existed in this work environment, the only thing that was properly taught as the way to slice cold-cuts. Other than that, you figure out how to do things on your own. I didn't know there was a Kosher machine until 3-4 months later into the job. Once you get the hang of things, the job is sub-par.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, can be lenient at times
Cons
Low pay, lack of management, lack of training, inconsistent scheduling.
Boar's Head (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMay 22, 2018
• Used heavy machinery and forklifts to load and unload freight trucks.
• Sorted and scanned stock and freights to sustain workflows.
• Transported and organized materials in warehouse and maintained storage layouts.
• Kept work area clean.
Pros
good money
Cons
The job was fun & encouraging for advancement
Leader (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 3, 2018
It is a job that can pay your bills but the hours just was not enough to get you from pay check to the next, & you are not feeling like you are progressing just due to the lake of hours. I realized that after years passed, but i would not leave the company without giving them a two week notice because of the respect i have for them due to they gave me an opportunity when i needed it.
Pros
U can order great food & they will take it out of your check, they screen good co- workers
Cons
You will be sent home if their is no work& still wouldnt get paid fot 4 hrs after coming in for 1hr.
Favoritism and HR lies ALOT
Picker (Former Employee) –  New castle, IndianaApril 5, 2018
Have a great supervisor and management team on our shift. Company wise yes, they care.... if you're a favorite. Advancing in house can happen..... if you're a favorite. HR lies like it's their only job. If you bring in doctors notes or anything like that. Make sure to keep all your copies and stay on them. They will "disapear" due to poor HR. Then they will try to penalize you for their ignorance. THERE IS NO PTO NO SICK DAYS NO VACATION. You get few vacation days after a year. NO NO NO RAISES!!!!! NOT EVEN AFTER YOUR ONE YEAR!!!! NO RAISES AT ALLL. Pay is pitiful. If youre looking for a paycheck job till you find somewhere better. This is the perfect place. Or if you love to brown nose, you can climb ladders here. Also the first shift manager has slept with 10 women here. And it's okay. So, if youre a woman and that interests you. Please apply!
Pros
Few good management people
Cons
Everything.
It was a very bad experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 9, 2018
I was a delivery driver expected to carry out various routes. Also had to unload and load the product in the warehouse. I loved my job because of all the people I had a chance to interact with.
If you have any maintenance experience pass this one up!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Typical "good old boy club". There were only a handful of good people there. They work you like dogs and the atmosphere pits everyone against each other. Way too much shift animosity, if you ain't first your last. Even then if you weren't Kraft you probably don't have a chance. Unless you are the drinking buddy of the boss, then you find yourself promoted to manager even after coming into work drunk. Found that ops managers were the ones to go to cause they actually saw that you worked and werent "lazy". Plan to work your life away literally. 60 hrs a week is a slow week there. Expect to be talked about behind you back and to play way to many stupid games. They fired the one guy that took care of everyone so it's probably gone complete Lord of the flies. Good luck to those that don't heed this warning. After leaving I have actually become better friends with a couple of guys there. Hope they make it out soon.
Cons
Not enough space here
Excellent place to work.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INFebruary 13, 2018
This company is the finest I've ever worked for. They are selective about who they hire but genuinely care about every employee. Their benefits and the work environment are exceptional.
Work place is very neat and teamwork is a must
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 17, 2018
So far best job i had and the bosses are really good with us as far as the work and the fast paced is more of my type of job to have . Manager is well with us and our hours are almost never short
I love working here.
Premium Advantage specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 18, 2017
I was in between jobs before I started working at Boar's Head. I started off part-time doing food demonstrations and quickly moved up in my position to a premium Advantage specialist. I have to say the job has been really exciting. My boss is amazing, very helpful & understanding, my coworkers are like family members. We have our good days and we have our bad days but just like family we get through it and move forward. I have to say I'm honored to have found such amazing people to work with.

Also this job provides so much benefits I didn't think was possible, It's very rewarding working here.
Pros
401K, life insurance, health benefits. Opportunity to meet new people, the opportunity to excel, the opportunity to work in the Fantastic company with amazing people.
Cons
During the seasonal holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas it can get a little stressful.
Excellent place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Forrest CityDecember 15, 2017
I love the pay and the hours are fair. Very good place to work and there is a chance for advancement if you have the right attitude and work skill. They go hand in hand. A person with bad attitude and good work skills can't advance, but if you have good communication work skills and a good attitude then you will get noticed no matter who u know or don't know. Good benefits, horrible cafeteria food, well rounded staffing meaning everyone deserves a chance including those who have to make decision concerning your job. I give people the benefit of the doubt and I'm the only one that can keep my job. If I lose it, it's only because I didn't want it. Try hard. Stay focused. Get paid. Reward yourself. THANK YOU. Very good place to work. If I can get more hours I would work them. I love my job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people, hours, recreation
Cons
Cafeteria
good
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CODecember 5, 2017
good place to work, private company. good culture and communication. training could be better, but if you can learn as you go its a great place to work.
It was ok job
Santation specialist (Former Employee) –  Jarrett vaSeptember 30, 2017
A lot of work and they start changing the rules of the company. I was there for six years and I lost my job within two weeks of a new policy. I'm a hard work and always willing to work so any job isn't to small.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Not enough people
Fast and extremely friendly environment.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 23, 2017
I've never worked for a company that treats there employees like family. All the perks. Gifts and just to be acknowledged on your birthday is an amazing feeling. I've worked Security for 11 years and my previous experience before Boarshead, it was working for GM and we were contracted through a different company. All the time and hours that were put in you didn't even get as much as a birthday card from them. I strongly encourage anyone that's looking for a great environment to work please come join the Boarshead team, you will be welcomed with nothing but smiles and caring people. There's plenty of room for advancements not to mention all the perks that come with it.
Pros
Employee luncheons, Christmas bonuses, Vacation Days, and the list goes on and on. Great deals on there products.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 23, 2017
Boar's Head is a Great place to work overall. Sometimes you might work long days right along with long week but it is worth it. The staff at Boar's Head are great also. They make sure that you feel very welcome.
Pros
Cafeteria food, money, hours
Cons
Cold
Nice place to work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 6, 2017
Good benefits
Nice money
Ok Management
Over all would love to work there again. It was nice an organized as well.
You will need good people skills too.
labor
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jarratt, VAAugust 8, 2017
work hard management at worth a it is a place with a lot of people and bosses you get two breaks and the food is ok. hit the clock and go to work, you are working all
Pros
pay
Cons
people
It's a okay place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 31, 2017
The environment is a okay work place the management is not the best can use work
Your co-workers are not there to help you. You have to do the best you can do by yourself
If you like a fast paced environment then this is for you
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 23, 2017
I thought the management was okay. I did not like management not giving us positive feedback on how our production was. It was always negative feedback. I could not go to
management for anything. I also felt that the goals they had for a being fast pace was unrealistic. I do feel that all warehouses have an unrealistic goal of a certain percentage they want to stay at. But they loose good hardworking employees and that's why they are always hiring because employees can't keep up with these unrealistic goals like trying to stay in 90 percentile of speed. And they can't keep people. The pay is decent but I knew this job wasn't going to last long because I wasn't as quick and fast as the next person. I do think that if you are great at warehouse work then by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
Lunch meal tickets. Good healthcare
Cons
Paid Vacation after 1 year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boar's Head. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

90out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boar's Head.

Powered by Comparably