Boasso America Corporation Employee Reviews

1.7
Ratings breakdown
Micro Manage
Tank Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAFebruary 9, 2018
Very unsafe place to work. Safety team is more worried about misc things instead of people's lives. Everyone on top in tank mechanic shop plays around too much
Savannah
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAFebruary 2, 2018
This place is a joke. Terminal manager just sits back and let's employees do what they want. No structure. Computer system is very outdated and very slow. Go somewhere else, don't waste your time here.
Pros
Cons
Too many too name
worst run company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 21, 2017
If you sleep around you will be fine. Place is a joke. Managent spends more time outside smoking than at their desks. Little reward for hard work. Youve been warned
Pros
drivers
Cons
management
Poor Management and Not Making People Feel Valued
Clerical Assistant - Training (Former Employee) –  ChalmetteOctober 31, 2017
I started out liking the company, my boss, and loved helping team members which kept me spiritually balanced. When I moved to another department, the environment became difficult. As with any job/company, some days and some people are easier to get along with.Treat each other okay, but terrible watching how they treat other coworkers/team members. I found the culture at Boasso different from any other. Some have great co-worker relationships. Some have gossip and sabotage going on. Some people procrastinate, some overwork for those who procrastinate which who receives all the praise and promotions. So much favoritism. Management turns a blind eye unless you are in their clique.
Pros
Holidays Off
Cons
Management changes. Healthcare - Cliques
Don’t waste your time
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 24, 2017
Company lie to me , I work there two years with no raise. Don’t waste your time, The terminal manager don’t care about nobody he will use you to his advantage. They always hiring because they have a high turnover rate . Its a circus working there .You get pay less than any other Boasso America in the USA.
Pros
Cons
Little or no money
Ugly Job
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2017
Very Ugky job, shuffling papers all day non stop, and standing at copier scanning all day.
They expect you keep moving your arms like you're a slave or working in a factory. Most boring, dead end job ever!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Inferior pay, healthcare, and vacation
Regional Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 6, 2016
Interviewed for this position and turned it down after a low ball offer. I have over 10 years experience. Healthcare deductibles are extremely high, I would have to pay $4,000 more per year compared to my last job. They would not give me at least 4 weeks vacation as professional credit for my years of experience.
Long term relationship with Boasso.
Supervision (Current Employee) –  Eastern RegionAugust 6, 2015
My work day is generally 7 to 6 while in my work area. It varies a good bit more when I am traveling to the 9 other locations in the eastern US. Most of the employees are pleasant and desire to do a good job every day. Safety and employee heath/well being is not a priority. They handle a lot of hazardous chemicals and do the bare minimum to be legal. The company has several directors which are all undermined by the president. This makes for a very unstable and unhappy management team. Pay increases are usually 1 to 2 percent regardless of performance.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Poorly managed
Really nice and caring people to work with
LIFT TRUCK OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  NEWARK, NJAugust 28, 2013
I would clock in, head to the locker room to change into my safety gear and then to the machine to grab a hot cup of tea.
Then off to the to collect all of the paper work that I would need for the team and me to start the day.
Next Im off to walk the yard to see how much of it I have to get in order, I then visualize my goal and Im off.
Through the course of the day Im operating the lift, driving switcher, fixing tanks stickers, writting up paper work and working as a team.
At lunch we laugh and joke about life, work, and home.
I work as the lead man so sometimes I choose to skip lunch and keep working so that our orders for the day will be able to be completed by the end of the day.

The job is mostly easy due to the team work and comunication over the radios that we have to keep in contact with each other.
The hardest part of the job is keeping everthing in order being that the yard is not big enough to accommodate the amount of trucks, tanks, chassis and equipment that we have.

The best part of it is loving what I do. From the organizing and paper work to the hands on feeling and use of the machines.
Pros
Gifts, Bonuses, Nice people to work with
Cons
No sick days, No personal days, No all around over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boasso America Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Boasso America Corporation Reviews by Location