Boathouse Employee Reviews

adasd
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
Amazing place to work at forever. Amazing coworkers and even more amazing management. This tuesday coming up there is ognna be a fight at the maxwell b uild
Fun and friendly atmosphere to work in.
Server/ Bar tender/ Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Winona Lake, INAugust 24, 2018
An energetic and fun group to work with. Teamwork is a must. And the customer's experience is the most important part.
The day is started with sidework, preping everything to be ready for the day. Sections are cleaned and checked. Any restocking needed is done. We served lunch and dinner. Always started out steady but at some point would be busy running in every direction. This is when teamwork is so essential and multitasking is a must. At the end of each shift everything is cleaned and restocked again.
It’s alright
Event/Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
As long as you stay on managements good side. 52% percent of the restaurant is outside enjoying the weather, the call offs and wasted time. Managers routinely copy and paste your schedule rather than adhere to your request, because their all lazy.
Pros
Family Meal, but don’t be late or they make you work starving!
Cons
Long work hours, they don’t cut aggressively and will punish you if you ask.
Busy
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJuly 31, 2018
If you are hired recently you could potentially like it a lot and find a new job to stay at for a while. From my expierience I was working there before it became Boathouse I have mixed feelings towards what is becoming.
Terrible management
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
The managers were no help at all they overlooked every single problem They didn't really care about the customer They Didn't care about coworkers either Coworkers would fight all the time and managers would do nothing about it
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 10, 2018
I really enjoyed the work there. Fast paced. but a lot of back stabbing that wasn't right. I would like to go back but they have no positions open at this time.
Pros
free lunch menue
Cons
no health care
Productive Workplace with an Amazing View
Valet (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 27, 2018
Depending on the night, I would arrive at 4 and leave between 10 and 11 for a valet shift. The pay was great, but was primarily tip based. The other employees and management were very friendly, low stress, and truly cared about one another. The hardest part of the job was the heat during the more temperate seasons; however, that was not difficult to get over as one could wear shorts and a golf shirt for the uniform.
Pros
discounted food/drinks
Favorite place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, NJApril 18, 2018
Working at the boathouse was an experience that I will never forget! Leaving for the winter was very hard because you get so comfortable there with people that are so amazing and helpful.
Pros
By the beach
Cons
can only work in the summer
horrible company
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2018
horrible company to work for.they do not respect there employees or value them.

hgsjdfgksgdfgsdfgshgdfjhgsadjhgsjkdghfjhsgdkfjhgsdjfhgksjdhgfkjhsdgfkjhsgadkjhfgsdhgfjkhsagdf
Love the workers
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2018
Nice environment to be around and working the people is great .working at the boat is a good experience we get to make people day happy by giving them the best party or wedding .
Pros
Excercise
Cons
Favoritetism
Fun To work At
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 19, 2018
We all have our ups and downs but the one thing is when the chips are down everybody pulls together as a team to make things happen. The do have your back when you need it most. They do not let people go they really work hard for staff retention.
I was a Boat Captain
Boat Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Got paid to crash old cars in to a lake. Cool job but the company is run by. . . The culture is stifling, employee turn over is high, and they don't care about you. Scheduled to work? Well even knowing in advance that they won't need you, they still wait for you to show up and then cut you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the management
You become family
Busser (Former Employee) –  Hawley, PAJanuary 27, 2018
I spent my high school career working here as my first job. I learned a lot and I became close with many of my co workers. Everyone cares about each other and we all did our best to help one another and get our jobs done. There was definitely favoritism by managers and some drama with co workers often but it was always something I avoided. I’d definitley work here again.
Pros
Like family
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Unorganized
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Working at Boathouse, the people I worked with were great. The management not so much, if I would answer a phone call with a guest wanting to talk the manager would just blow it off, they would always have "meetings" upstairs and never help the host even if they are slammed.
Poor management but quick money
Waitress (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 5, 2018
Management has a lack of common sense and care for the company. Fast paced environment and growing to many more locations. No paid time off or sick leave.
Great
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 19, 2017
Great place to work! The management and fellow staff are very kind and helpful. Has a family feel after you get to know everyone. Discounts are great as well.
Poor management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Dosney springsDecember 4, 2017
I have over 14 years of cooking experience, I've worked for numerous restaraunts, but Boathouse is a joke, from fellow employees to bob the head chef.they should so everyone in fl a favor and close.!
fun and out-going
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MINovember 30, 2017
Great place to work and to eat. The service there with all staff is tremendous and I would welcome anyone to go there whether it to be for employment or to dine in. It was very fast paced and busy all the time.
Pros
special bonuses
Cons
seasonal
Awesome summer job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 27, 2017
Great service excellent tips long hours and great atmosphere. Postive work environment fast pace. Great job to relocate locations. If your looking for a summer job apply
Pros
Money
Cons
Mangers
Terrible place, they should close
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2017
Dont work here, its a joke chef bob has no idea on how to cook food, the only thing he knows is how to clean bird droppings off tables with his finger nails
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boathouse. Our community is ready to answer.