Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Best Place I have ever worked At!
SALES (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 13, 2019
Very Organized, very good company to work for. great benefits. great people , great employees. Sales quotas are sometimes difficult to meet but that is part of sales.
Happy Showroom Manager
Showroom Manager (Current Employee) –  NortheastJune 13, 2019
I came from very similar positions from competitors and have found the best of the bunch. Bobs is a great company which allows you to create a great team. Highly motivating company with great individuals who are motivated to see others succeed.
Fun place to work if you want to learn
Picker shipping quality control (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 12, 2019
Besides the one supervisor that gave me a problem all the other stuff were excellent helpful and knowledgeable about all the things that are going on there also it was a physical job but a very fun job to actually be doing especially if you want to be Hands-On
Great company, Management needs improvement
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 9, 2019
This company is overall great with good pay and benefits.
Bob's amazing.
BUT the management is terrible and I do not believe that they were ready to manage a brand new store.
Overall the managers are decent people but not decent in terms of managers.
Which might be the company's fault for moving them to management too quickly.
My ONLY problem with the company is simply that they need to pick the managers for their stores a little bit better.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
A great place to work for and location for my family.
Assistant Manager for the Shipping Department (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen MDJune 9, 2019
Other than it’s a great company to work for and are expanding through out the Eastern Shore. I see a great growth of this company and many other locations throughout the US. The GM is has an open door policy which is a great thing when you just speak to him on normal level. And, he works with you and your family.
Pros
Just a great place to work.
Cons
I don’t have Cons.
Great place to work if you are looking for part time only!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 5, 2019
Bob’s is a great place to work if you are looking for part time only. Unfortunately with my background I couldn’t stay and work my way up to other positions within the company cuz they expect you to work both days and weekends or if you where to be salary they don’t pay enough and in management you have to work Saturday and Sundays 3 times a month. Some of the management I really liked! But some of the management made me cry on several occasions. The way they speak to people was very degrading and nothing I would have ever brought up to HR....for fear of loosing my job. Work life balance doesn’t exist for full timers...I saw this time and time again. Many have children and Bob’s is not understanding of this for some reason. They pay well...but family is always more important to me!!!
Pros
Pays well and they do weekly pay.
Cons
No room to move up without sacrificing giving up your life.
Too many hours too little pay
Call Center/Routing Delivery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTJune 3, 2019
Worked too many hours too little pay. Management is extremely clique and unprofessional. Doors are always closed and don’t help with day to day even when they say they will. No concern for mental state and stress level fire people because they don’t like them. The job itself is great the people are terrible.
Relaxed work enviorment.
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILJune 2, 2019
I enjoyed the time I spent working for Bob's furniture warehouse. The warehouse consisted of young and older guys that were understanding and friendly towards me when I first arrived. Our task were simple and as a collective unit we pretty much met our requirements every day.
good money if you work hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 1, 2019
This is an ok job for people who have free time aka are much older. They require weekend hours, and do not accept any excuses for missed days (EVEN if you are hospitalized, it counts against you, maternity leave differs though). Slow traffic during summer season will have you owing the company for months, be smart and dedicated during these times.
Flooded Floor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2019
Ups list. Flooded floor. Commission fights. No discounts to customers. Excessive delivery fees for anything and everything are mandatory except lamps or paintings. No local warehouse for product pickup. No weekends off. Men must wear suits, women can wear anything except jeans. It was torture.

Proceed with clear eyes.
Pros
Product prices and tv commercials are effective at driving traffic.
Cons
Too many sales people to make a good wage.
Productive Place to Work
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2019
I enjoy Bob's. When the store is busy and customer flow is high it is fast paced and great. When the store is slow maintaining the store is calming. The training is great paced and learning from everyone makes your day to day tasks easy to accomplish.
Cons
Vacations are hard to take
Productivity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, NYMay 30, 2019
Great work ethic across us employers. Great communications skills, challenging learning on new equipment, always room to grow and learn more never a capacity of your knowledge for the company
Pros
Paid transportation
Cons
Required to go on vacation for when work is closed religious reasons
Horrible to work for and horrible management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 28, 2019
I use to like working there after almost 2 years management started to get worst and nothing was ever done to help the employees in the warehouse all lies no action
Sorry Bob, you let me down.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 28, 2019
This store is over staffed with sales people. That causes them to argue and fight over customers. Especially when we have a draw on our pay. If you don't make commission, you have to pay back the hourly pay they give you. We greet customers, clean up the furniture at night do paperwork but have to pay Bob to do all of that cause we didn't make commission. And half the managers are lazy, they want to give us high expectations but don't do anything to support us. The GM is hardly there. Then they talk down on us like we're children.
Pros
Fun people to work with. Benefits are good.
Cons
Too many sales people. Have to fight for customers.
Good luck to whoever can stand working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 15, 2019
Low wages,poorly managed,no opportunity for advancement the store has no sales goals no incentives for increased sales and is severely micro-managed and if you take days off for any reason expect a problem
Pros
Cons
Toxic workplace, low pay
Nasty work place and management
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Taftville, CTMay 15, 2019
Horrible management. Managers smoking weed and stink of it all the time. Nasty place to work. Not a job you would want if you want a office smelling of weed and BO.
Official response from Bob's Discount Furniture
May 29, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your department. Our employee’s feedback is very important to us. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners so that we may further evaluate and address your concerns. We strive to provide a work environment that is both safe and comfortable for our associates and expect our leadership team to set that example. We are disappointed to see that you feel this has not been your experience and want to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Don't do it.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
This is a bizare, corrupt sham of an endeavor. Run, do not walk away from this organization. It is run by bean counters who only care about the pure profit of their protection plans, which usually do not cover the customers problems. Unbelievable.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
ok place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 13, 2019
bobs is a good company, depending in which store you work., managers dont care about sales associates they just want the business. could be better...
Cons
work every weekend and holidays, ..
Best suited for secondary income job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 29, 2019
Too much enforced on culture non money making projects. Over flooding of sales floor and part timers. 5% commission on everything and bedding. Only favored employees get help and advancement. No type of sales manager help on selling floor whatsoever.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low commission flooded sales floor micro managing
Great management. Great company overall
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAApril 24, 2019
Loved it there. The only reason I left was the hours. Retail hours. Good products. It’s a great company to learn to work for. I personally saw 2 people get promoted to management.
Pros
Benefits, management, company, good place overall.
Cons
Hours. No time with family. No home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight