Bob's Discount Furniture
63Average

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA28 reviews
associates are great to work with
Company has changed and not in a good way and on top of that, new management is all about "the boys club" only those certain boys he chooses!...certain managers and associates are treated very poorly.
The most enjoyable part of the job
The culture of bobs is amazing. I been working at bobs over 12 years. I enjoy my coworkers, I love how the company stands behind you and product. You can enjoy working and make a lot money.
It is a great place to work but......
It's a great place to work but you never get a pay raise it a lot of work for little pay. Manager are not all of them but you have some that really don't care about you. And some that do to many other worker don't pull they end so you will work harder in the warehouse.
November 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's experience with us. We are happy to hear that you found it a great place to work. We do our best to make things fun and rewarding for all of our associates! We are sorry to hear that you felt that some of the managers and employees did not pull their weight. At Bob's we have an open door policy and encourage our associates to air their concerns with Managers or their HR Business partners, so we can make the changes to improve the situation for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to share your insight with us and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family.
Typical day at work
Typical day at work is always competitive sales is always work to get good sales Nd getting the customer what they want, always working to make sure customers merchandise is delivered correctly
Bobs Discount Furniture work
Working at Bob's Discount Furniture was a little stressful on the sales side of things where I worked. It was all commission based and was heavily monitored by the management. There was some drama within the sales department time after time but it was a family oriented feeling working there. The management was very professional and did everything they could to teach and coach us to be the best sales people we could be.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Discipline
Fairfax has a manager that disciplines employees for asking questions. In other words “freedom of speech” Can you imagine that. Only a low self esteem individual would feel they were being shown up by questions. This is a violation of the NLRA
Pros
Cons
Many
supoorted job with good managers and peers
I really liked working there. The staff and managers were very supportive and helpful! I enjoyed the work environment and working with my peers. There was always plenty to learn.
May 29, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience working with us. Best of luck in your future career moves!
Fun place to work, dont consider as a career
Fun place to work. No pressure. Overloaded with salespeople. Sales Person considered as a disposable asset. Between other furniture stores, this place is more relaxed, can be learned good skills. Shouldn't look to it as a career path, unless, you are ok with 40k a year(average)
Pros
No stress
Cons
overwhelmed with sales and not enough training for new recruitment
Productive and fun place to work
Productive and fun place to work. Encouraged employees to be as outgoing as possible. Offered very good health and above average matching retirement benefits.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Must be open to working all weekends
January 18, 2019
Thank you sharing your Bob's Story with us. We do our best to make Bob's a fun and exciting place to build a career. We are always looking for ways to improve the associate's experience and your feedback is appreciated. Thank you again for your kind words and for being a valued member of the Bob's Team.
Low pay, poor management
Very bad place to work, low pay, constant turn over, computers break down, dishonest to customers, low quality products...
Do not care about employees, very bad manager, low pay , very bad quality products, rip off financial programs charging 400 % interest , called a lease , but it is not really. Painted and furniture made out of glue, selling used mattresses as new.
Pros
Cons
Low pay less than mon wage
Fun place to work
Fun place to work and can be busy especially weekend.When traffic is slow it tends to be boring.100 % commission and the stress to make a sale can be a burden .
Pros
good Co-workers
Cons
Short break
January 18, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience at Bob’s with us. We pride ourselves in ensuring we have a fun and fast paced work environment in our stores. We are happy to hear that your team for the most part were quite busy. We appreciate the feedback you shared, as we are always looking for our opportunities improve as we continue to grow. Thank you again for your input and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family.
Fun to work , great company
Up to $18M Stocked furniture , good customer service , well trained technicians , no penalty or restocking fee if customer wishes to cancel order . Always has new style furniture for customers , good prices
Pros
Free cafe
October 15, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We value the contributions of all of our associates and the feedback helps us improve the overall experience for everyone. Thank you again for your kind words.
competitive
good working environment that make all employees to work collectively and also feel free to work... also sometimes managers are nice and encouraging to their workers
Pros
good employees
Cons
lack of benefits
I love this employer because they give you an opportunity to develop and grow.Great and healthy working environment with friendly staffs and associates.
Pros
Good Compensation
Great place to learn
Bob's Discount Furniture is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. The management and employees I worked with were awesome. I learned a lot of things that will help me out in the future.
Bob's Furniture
Fun work environment with good management. Can be very hectic at times and there is a lot of pressure when working on the sales floor or in the office.
An okay place to work for
I have been with the company for almost 4 years and I love the way the job welcomes you with your work ethics but the downside is I have been looked over plenty of times. With my level of skills I brought into the company and my level of knowledge about my job title, I believe I can bring more to the table that is being offered. I would love to bring my capabilities onto another company. And hopefully help build myself to help me get further in life with my soon to be career in Radiology. Bob's Discount Furniture has became a stand still for me and I would like to broaden my horizons.
Pros
Bonuses every month. And the hospitality others portray
Cons
not being seen for my level of skills i can bring
Great for a challenge in your career
It's commissioned based pretty challenging and exciting at the same time, great managent training,paid training discounts on your furniture and accessories
Pros
Free coffee awesome staff
Cons
High turn over, commissioned based
Productive and Fun
i love this job. Been here for 3 years and its the associates I work with that brings me back. Everyone is very genuine and care about the custome 110%.
Bobs
This was one of my favorite places to work. I loved the people I worked with. I love that they always train you to do everything. I also loved to train others.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with
Cons
not enough money
A Year And Half At Bob's
Ok workplace with average management that is STRICTLY ALL ABOUT NUMBERS. Not much room to grow within the company unless they absolutely love you. Most enjoyable part is talking with customer and passing on any knowledge. Hardest part of the job is dealing with sharks that are some coworkers thats willing to back stab you in a sec.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews by Location