BOB'S STORES Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJune 3, 2019
The most boring job I have ever had. Management team is entirely female, most of whom are quite openly sexist towards most male employees. Terrible compensation and little room for advancement.
day
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 23, 2019
clock in check daily schedule and than report to your supervisor. supervisor has quick daily staff meeting to go over sales and what is coming in from truck
Pros
great people
Gotta work fast
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAMay 21, 2019
Gotta work fast. More hours given to those that work fast. Must be able to work Saturdays. Store gives call-in shifts. Great for part-time work. If your looking for full-time work, you must work at fast pace to get 40 hours.
Pros
Discount on Nike, Adidas, etc.
Cons
Must work fast to get hours
No raises
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 17, 2019
Working here is amazing but there are no benefits or no raises for anybody, we’re all stuck at minimum wage. If I were getting raises then I’d give it 5 stars
Bob's Stores
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJApril 16, 2019
It is not a stressful job. I just helped customers find products and restocked shelves. It was easy and straightforward. Occasionally, I would help set up a display.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Days could be long and boring
A good high school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYApril 5, 2019
I enjoyed my time here in high school but definitely was happy to not be working there when I left for college. The management was very loose and no one seemed very excited to be there.
Very catty workspace and inconsistent hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 27, 2019
Bob's Stores was not as fun as everyone would think. During annual reviews, our raises were taken from us because of state minimum wage increases. I worked for Bob's for 2.5 years and I did not get one raise because of the minimum wage increases between 2015 and 2017.
Pros
15 minute paid break
Cons
inconsistent scheduling, catty coworkers, unfriendly work atmosphere, no pay raises
A good job for a high school student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 25, 2019
The job helped establish my work ethic, however I argue that it's a dead-end job. Management completed their tasks, although it was often with the assistance of a lower-level employee, which could occasionally create challenges for these individuals if they had yet to complete their own. We never seemed to close the store on time either.
Decent company to work for
RECEIVING AND PROCESSING CLERK/SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMarch 9, 2019
I would load and unload the truck the store got three times a week. Make sure all the cloths and shoes were scanned into the computer system. Also ill the shelves and make it look nice and neat for the customers.
Waste of time.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 12, 2019
The place was unenjoyable to be in. Management sucked and spread everyone too thin (enormous building with only one person in each department? what??). No wonder the company is going out of business.
Great Environment
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 3, 2019
Very fast paced, if you like the environment of packaging. The employee's wonderful to work with. As well as, the employer is has many endless advancement for determined employees.
Competitive
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 24, 2019
My duty was inventory, sorting and packing items everyone had to meet a certain number. It was very competitive, co-workers wanted to outdo each other.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
lack of leadership
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 11, 2019
Helping customers find what they need while helping the front end when busy. Kept fitting room clean along with the sales floor and tables. Good place to work with flexible hours.
Pros
Hours
Productive workplace where the focus is always on the customer wether right or wrong
Footwear Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTJanuary 5, 2019
Good place to work as a first job, or while in school however the pay is minimum wage without any real chance of making more. Also gives work experience in the retail field which is good for an entry level job.
decent part time job
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 27, 2018
Been at Bob's since october 2016 as a part time sales associate. The job is relatively easy with not much intense work required. I work in the footwear section where I maintain the department and make sure everything is clean. Overall a good job for anyone looking for part time work.
Pros
Paid breaks, simple work
Cons
Breaks are short, work is boring at times
Is a good first job
Apparel Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 11, 2018
Bobs is a good first job and is a good part time job but it is not intended to be a full time job. Most of the managers are rude and only care about themselves so the management is not that well. Mainly kids in high school work there and young college students.
Pros
25% discount, flexible schedule
Cons
management
good standard retail
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTDecember 4, 2018
Was good during my time there- but the corporate environment has changed. Coupon policy has changed and brand availability. Good overall first jobs, or side money position and company.
Pros
employee incentive competitions
Cons
customer's received better deals than employees
not a bad job
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 24, 2018
Relaxing well working in the backroom, time flys by & if you work the whole time & do ya job correctly the manager really just leave you alone & check on you every hour or so.
productive and fun workplace
CASHIER/FOOTWEAR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 19, 2018
Come to work and know what department yo were in for the day, you would make great friends and hangout as you did work the breaks were great. And the discounts at that store weren't to bad either
Pros
long lunch breaks, fun place to work
Cons
not enough pay/hours
Pay
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 7, 2018
Not a horrible place, they just expect too much work for too little pay. The work is stable. The boses are personable for the most part. The job is easy to pick up.
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOB'S STORES. Our community is ready to answer.