Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but...
Product Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMarch 22, 2019
I worked here and the management was my biggest problem. Made promises they could not keep, and always seemed "to busy" to help you out in times of urgency. I was always running around trying to help customers and had to wait to be on their time. Very frustrating, but on a good note great benefits, and lots of friendly, helpful coworkers.
flexible schedule
Sales representative /consultant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2019
Hours available for day and evening. Also weekend shift are required but flexible day or evening. Recognition for highest sales with award dinner annually. Employee discount on purchases.
Pros
Fleible schedule
Cons
guaranteed number of hours
Excellent working rapport amongst sales force
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 28, 2019
More concerned with management goals regardless of the efforts made by the small salespeople. Store revenue slowed by recent move to smaller facility while yearly goals remained at a higher level
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
“Big Brother” is always watching for the sales force to do better.
It’s Decent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Taftville, CTFebruary 28, 2019
Bob’s offers medical benefits and 401k. Overall, it’s a great place to work. They even offer voluntary over time with time and a half if you work over 40+ a week. Only issue is that customer service call centers can be rough. Between escalated customers and office gossip, it’s not for everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, over time, health care, job advancement
Cons
Office gossip, weight gain
It was fun while it lasted.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 19, 2019
It was fun while it lasted but I wouldn't go back. Gets very tiring and eventually someone's going to take your sale, eventually.

Run Fast and Far Away
Lead (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 13, 2019
They treat us very poorly. Management only cares about catching you on camera doing things wrong. They keep you locked in rooms for hours. they need statements. they drill you like you broke the law.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
management
Great Company Great people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Great Company Great Culture love the environment and the energy that the customers bring into the store. Bobs really gets involved in the community which is a great thing to see.
Pros
Culture, Bonus, Growth
Fun place to work
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 31, 2019
Working here has given me the chance to add yet another task that I have learned and mastered and that’s how to process a sales order. The sales associates are fun group of people very nice. But working in retail has really caused issues in my home life. I have a son who’s an athlete and I’ve missed quit a few games and tournaments that require parents participation but weekends are mandatory in retail.
Selling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Meeting company goals by selling enough furniture to make your own goal as well as the company's goal. Also working to meet customers needs and overcoming objections.
Bob’s is a great environment to work for
Dispatcher/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILJanuary 25, 2019
At first, the chance of advancement seems extremely good, but as time goes on, it’s a political problem. I’ve done everything asked of me, and numerous times have gone over and above, but unfortunately our supervisors are in Connecticut and my boss will not give any recognition to the employees, only himself! I love Bob’s and one of the few places, I look forward to coming in every day.
Pros
Always sponsored events to hand out prizes to the employees
Cons
Managers not always suited for their position
Not worth applying here
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 24, 2019
During interview, all sounds good. You're told one thing during the interview, once hired they do something else. Most employees will agree that some of the managers don't belong in the management position. The pay is low for all the work that you are responsible for.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Lack of good management
Fun place to work but management team needs a lot of help
Sale (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2019
The sales staff is great and the environment is good overall. However, most of the employees that left during my time at the company left because of problems with the management team. Management is very loose with following the company rules and core values are only applied when it benefits their pocket. Everyone will have a different opinion as your experience is based on what store you work at. My experience with management was the same as everyone with whom I worked with. It all comes down to how much you are willing to look the other way and how much unfairness and BS you are willing to put up with.
Pros
Great sales team
Cons
Management team.
Very productive
wearhouse associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
I been here for 2 years and we have had a lot of changes, it isn’t like it use to be. But overall it isn’t a bad job and it helps me pay for my stuff.
Pros
Fast paced at times so time goes by fast
Cons
Having to take of the showroom when the manager is really doing the job
Great environment
Transfer driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for we now have a executive Vice President who comes down once a month from corporate to handle transfer driver issues and I have to say the man is excellent He listens and works with us 100 percent I believe his involvement will most definitely improve the work environment at Aberdeen
Pros
Our executive Vice President
Cons
Can’t think of any
January 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bob's experience with us! We are delighted to hear that you appreciate our executive involvement and that you are having a great experience working with us. At Bob's we have an open door policy and want to make sure we are always making it a fun and rewarding place to build a career! Thank you again for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Bob's Team!

Good
Routing Lead (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 10, 2019
This place has a good environment and anyone would love to work here. They care about the employees a great deal and are very honest company. Best company I ever worked for.
January 18, 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family!

Productive and honest
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Gimmick free, true open door policy. Corporate support from HR to CEO. Gives people a chance, promotes from within. Great vibe. Only left because i started at 19 and worked until 29. After 10 years, wanted to change it up.
January 18, 2019

First and foremost, thank you for being with us for 10 years! We are sorry to hear that you decided to explore other opportunities but are delighted to hear you had a great experience with us! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. We hope that if anything changes, you would consider Bob's again. Thank you again for your kind words!

It was flawed but it worked
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day at Bob's was coming into work, having a meeting about the previous work day goals that were met/not met. I would go the Outlet (which is the back part of the store where the discounted items were) and be prepped on what needed to be moved, and how much the new merchandise was being discounted for. Throughout my time there I learned valuable life lessons on customer service. How to deescalate situations, handle different tasks, be a team player and most importantly how to make a sale. The management had a lot on their plate, so most of the time we were left to our own devices. I was really surprised that a lot of the "team work makes the dream work" mentality would go out the window when it was a busy a day. Thankfully a good handful of us would be okay with sharing and splitting the profits. Other than that I usually split with people that gave me a customer and vice versa. The hardest part of making sales was gaining momentum. Sometimes there would be a large crowd of people but no sales would come out of it so momentum would fall flat. And the most enjoyable part was the people and the customers that I met there.
Pros
Communication Skills, Customer Service, Social Skills, Friendship, Work life balance
Cons
Short breaks, Management
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience at Bob’s with us. We pride ourselves in ensuring we have a great work environment in our stores and outlets. We are happy to hear that you learned a lot in this role and that your teams support each other. Considering the high demand on the busy days and some not so busy, we are glad you have the opportunity to collaborate with others to help our customers and find a work life balance. We appreciate the feedback you shared, as we are always looking for our opportunities improve as we continue to grow. Thank you again for your input and for being a valued member of the Bob's Family.

This place is a joke
Receiving Unloader (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 28, 2018
Iv been at the bobs d.c. in Aberdeen for 2 years now and its in a terrible state. The management is a joke. No leads can get there stuff together. They find ways to get people fired if they dont like you (seen is happen to at least 3 employees and a good lead). It was ok the first year i was there but now its just bad. The management does nothing to stop the department employees form fighting among themselves. Favoritism is very noticeable from the management but they always denie it. Sometimes in cases like mine they cant find a team to put you on so they just make you work with random teams( usually a different one every day) which is very annoying. Obvious racism on the floor from employee to employee and management does nothing. This place is a joke
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
January 18, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns and are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. It is important to us that we provide a workplace that is comfortable for all of our associates and that we have leaders in place that can properly support that mission. Our Bob’s Culture is built upon our Core Values which include Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Community, Safety, Diversity, Accountability and Fun. We recognize that there is always opportunity to improve and welcome the opportunity to identify those areas through open and honest communication. It is disappointing that you appear to have been unhappy for some time and we want to encourage you to use the open door policy and partner with either your management team or HR team to provide further details so that we may address accordingly. Again we want to thank you for your time and we look forward to having the opportunity to make a difference.

So-so
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 27, 2018
If you're in the office prepare to be belittled by customers AND co-workers. It is not a comfy sit down, type some stuff in, take some calls job. Be prepared to multitask , rarely have a break (bc of a very limited office budget) , have almost everything in the office break down, phone, computer, printer etc without management or corporate caring, then get cursed out by customers and co-workers even more.
Loved the lovely ladies I was able to work with in the office however. Keep in mind teamwork makes the dream work. I recommended three friends to work at Bob's because of the great benefits two of whom took the job.
I for one will not be going back. Crazy customers I can handle, staying late I can handle, being unfairly and inhospitably treated by the company is something I cannot.
Pros
Motivated environment
Cons
Emotionally Draining
This is the one that got away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 18, 2018
I loved working at Bob's it was rewarding and profitable. I messed this one up, I left for greener pastures only to find it was astro turf. Biggest mistake of my career was leaving them. Now they won't take me back, I'll forever regret my choice.
Pros
Tremendous group of coworkers
Cons
Being Black Balled

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bob's Discount Furniture.

Powered by Comparably