Bob's Discount Furniture
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

United States906 reviews

furnituresalecommissionassociatediscountstorecustomerdelivery

associates are great to work with

Company has changed and not in a good way and on top of that, new management is all about "the boys club" only those certain boys he chooses!...certain managers and associates are treated very poorly.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing it's all alcoholics and drug users there What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything they don't train new loaders so ppl get hurt everyday. They Even injured meWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is very stressful due to the junkies and alcoholics What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long and grueling

Bob's Discount Furniture insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

The company does make you feel like family. I have enjoyed everybody iPhone address this far.

The company is great to work for if you are in sales. The office pay does not reflect what we truly deserve based on other companies. I would say that is the only con working for Bobs.

Pros

Total inclusion, family, atmosphere, support in advancing to the next position

Cons

Office pay

Fun

Working here is super easy. Management is great for the most part. But the pay is not great. Draw pay. If you don’t know you better ask somebody. Very chill environment.

Pros

Great Management, chill environment.

Cons

Pay isn’t great, foot traffic is light. Hard to make commission.

Great Company to Work For!

Management works with the intention of helping you as a sales associate. Of course presentation can vary between managers but everyone has the intention of being supportive.I work in a newer store and traffic has been a bit slow to pick up which means commissions probably aren't where they could be as of now but I definitely see the potential to make comfortable money.Other sales associates are friendly. The environment is not cut throat where I work. Very heavy use of technology in this job. We make orders on tablets and pretty much use them for everything we need to do; from delivering our orders to contacting customers.Benefits are really pretty decent here. I feel safe and taken care of when using my insurance.Very convenient weekly pay.

Pros

Potential to Make Lots of Money

Cons

Pressure to Sell Protection Plan and Open Lines of Credit for Customers

Love the Bob's Culture and the fun environment I work in!

I enjoy what I do and working the my team and customer. One thing I love the most is everyday it's something different makes my job experience even more enjoyable. Also working her doesn't feel like its been 5 Years feels like just yesterday I started with bob's! To another 5 year.

I just love everything

Phenomenal place to work. Love my hours, and the pay is excellent. The people I work with are great. It affords me the time I need to connect with my family and my other interests out of work.

Good intro to sales

Good intro to sales job. You will learn a lot on the products and how to sell, but the work life balance isn’t great. It can be difficult to get along with coworkers as well because of the sales environment

Needs alot of work internally

Not a great place to workHours not guaranteedNo support from managersTraining not thoroughOpen late even though traffic is slowNot enough office support

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Lots of fun and great furniture. Loved trying out the couches and opening drawers. Especially the office desk drawers. Also, fun to spin around in the desk chairs.

True values

Great company who follows their core values. They believe in taking care of their customers as well as their employees. Fun and family oriented. Great support

Great to gain experience and knowledge

I really enjoyed my time at Bob's even if it wasn't long. At no fault of the company did I leave. I had some personal family stuff that happened to come up. Along with you have to have tough skin and I'm still learning. The people at the Murrieta location are amazing and kind. My bosses were respectful and overall good human beings. I would 100% recommend working there if you have tough skin and a desire to help customers out with their furniture issues and concerns.

Pros

Nice staff, paid weekly, occasional celebratory lunches and great work culture.

Cons

You have to be pretty tough and the stress will get to you if you have other things going on.

All in all, fun place and you’re expected to work. Pay is good.

Be professional, follow the program and drink the koolaid. No brainer really.Provide plenty of training, can be a family environment and is very competitive.

Pros

Spiffs, bonuses, discounts and consistent treatment to all across the board

Cons

Had to leave for move.

Awesome place to work!!

My typical day at Bob's includes answering phones, assisting customers with orders, assisting sales specialist, check your emails, work the BobBoost buckets daily, podium messages, Reflexis and Elearning. The work atmosphere is family oriented and the culture is diverse which means you come in contact with all types of people on a daily basis. The knowledge of the employees vary from person to person but we're all on the same team helping one another. The most enjoyable part is the company really cares about all of their employees and it's a great company to work for.

It was ok

It’s always good when it’s busy, but when it slows down co workers turn on you. Managers have their favorites and allow them to get away with anything.

Fun place to work.

Fun place to work. Great relationships are built with customers. And great friendships are built with other employees. I highly recommend working here.

Well orchestrated business with a great team

Bobs was a pleasant place to work. Much opportunity for growth. The culture is great and the team is fantastic. They really do set you up for success.

Fun

Good culture, easy, friendly, management is good, come in and work reports to learn more about selling techniques and closing more sales. Straight forward company.

Productive environment with excellent opportunities for growth.

I love working here! Great Team, excellent work life balance. Pay could be better, but is comparative. Management team is very supportive and knowledgeable.

Culture is horrible

If you don’t believe in the same things as your management, personal and professional, then you are not going to keep your job. Work/life balance is there as long as it doesn’t interfere with what scheduled hours you have. They could care less about what you need to do for your family

It was a job

Very Cliuqe oriented you eaither fit in or your chopped liver. The training was very varried and never felt like it was enough to prepare you for your work . The pay was low. Compared to the amount of work . Hr is a Joke any issue you try to resolve gets laughed off. Did not prepare you for your Job . Did not supply the right equipment for the job. If you don't like drama and clique office environments I would look else where.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight