Bob's Discount Furniture Employee Reviews

Ok Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 19, 2018
Ok company to work for. Management is not the best and often times clueless so you have to figure out most things on your own. Support from management is a joke.
don't bother
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
Severe favoritism. The Bob's way of how things are supposed to be done are not followed by management at all. Associates are encouraged to steal customers from other associates if they are the high writers and the rules are bent for the high writing associates as well.
Pros
sitting around while waiting for customers to come in
Cons
favoritism and short breaks and no promotion to get business into store
I enjoyed my time working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there. I was always feeling like I can communicate with my upper management and always utilized their open door policy. I never felt unwanted or out of place.
over worked and underpaid
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadephia, PAJuly 15, 2018
The pay was not comparable to the work that was required. The start time was early and the end time was late and there was no pay differential. There was no room for advancement.
family oriented atmosphere
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJuly 11, 2018
l had the best boss and co-workers I could ever ask for laid back atmosphere, very friendly and was very supportive through certain things i had to deal with in my life the three wonderful years I worked there part time in the cafe, and i loved every minute of it, I did not want to have to leave there however due to an unfortunate decline in my health I had no choice but to walk away from the one thing that was the best thing that had ever happened to me.I can only hope that when i am finally medically cleared to get back to work that wherever i may end up in my next job is that the management/boss/co-workers is just as perfect if not better then the people I worked with at Bob's Discount Furniture, Bellingham Ma my heart will always belong there and i still think of that place as my home away from home i often think about visiting but emotionally it has been rather hard for me to let go of that place and the perfect boss that in my mind can never be replaced.
Pros
cookouts / holiday parties
Cons
there will always be one person you work with that thinks there your boss when they are not
Best Work Experience Ever
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 7, 2018
Working for Bob''s has been by far the greatest thing that has ever happened in my professional life. While I've had the opportunity to hold 3 different positions while working here I've been treated with nothing but respect and esteem in all of them. The management and executives are supportive of all workers and have no problem showing recognition and praise to those who excel. Bob's has given me an opportunity of a lifetime and I will forever be grateful to them.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTJune 29, 2018
Customer service experience was the same as any other retail position. People/customers will do whatever they can for free items or money back. Many were vile and threatening, when the problem was being solved and that constant stress makes you hate the human race sometimes.
Pros
benifits
Cons
customers
Great place to work. Very friendly people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 28, 2018
I did housekeeping and work at their Cafe Shop. I learn jow to socialize with the customers and keep a clean working space. You get decent hours and good benefits.
Typical work week
Sales Rep/ Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 24, 2018
I start my day by checking my emails to see if there are any corporate call outs. after this I walk the floor to see what is needed. I then meet with the other managers on duty to come up with a plan for the day or layout my plan. There is a bit of looseness with the employees that may cause a lazed work environment that can cause productivity to drop. The hardest part is to keep all personnel moving at a productive speed. The most enjoyable are the people. We are like a family.
Would not work for Bob's again
Warehouse Worker me (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 21, 2018
Bob's was a pretty good place to work, the pay is low but the benefits are good. If you work off-site you will be basically left on an island by yourself, and not receive the perks that your co-workers get who work in the main office or depot, such as recognition for your hard work or employee appreciation, which you can see that these celebrations go on but your never invited to attend but only see on the website.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
Low pay no appreciation for the workers off sight
Retail Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 18, 2018
100% commission sales really shows you what you are made of. I am a friendly and fair person, not so of many of my co-workers.
I enjoy working with the public, but not so much with my fellow employees!

Bob's has taught me a lot, and I appreciate that. But working every weekend and holiday is just too much.
answering phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTJune 7, 2018
i answered phones and listened to customer complaints i helped fix the problems they had and sent out technicians to fix and damaged merchandise . the office was great to work for
Honesty, integrity and tranparency is Bob's way
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 7, 2018
I work on the sales floor and my income is draw-vs-commision which means the company will advance me an hourly wage if I don't make sales for the time period, otherwise I get 5% commision on every sale. I've been on the sales floor for two weeks and my sales have not been up to standard, one day I make a few sales the next day nothing. This position is a little too risky for me at this time so I'm looking elsewhere for a position that offers base-pay plus commision.
Pros
Great Culture and friendly associates and managers
Cons
too many sales associates to compete for a sale with
Ware house / sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 6, 2018
In bobs we build the furniture and and sale the products to the customers. We also build the furniture on the floor and we made cooks and refreshments for the customers
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No short breaks
Receiving Lead and Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 3, 2018
I have never worked for a company that treated you like family instead of just a part of the herd for that shift. My experience with HR as well as most management was great, they take time and patience and actually care about your situation and value what you mean to the company. They never treated me as replaceable as most companies do. The benefits, the discount program, and the employee appreciation functions are always great, they are always finding a game or contest to give away prizes to boost moral within. They also give to many charities. I loved the working environment, i took pride in working for that company, they became my extended family. There was always room to grow within, and hard work was always appreciated. Cross training was always available for those who were looking to grow within. The employees are friendly and welcoming, the training is very informative and thorough, and the work we did and the customers we served were what gave you pride in what you do. All in all this is one of the best companies to grow with and i would recommend this company to everyone as a career path.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, gives you a sense of pride
Cons
Good training but average leadership
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 27, 2018
Good Training system. However, somehow there's some unethical tendencies and the continuous need to force the sales persons to compromise their morals.
Pros
Good training system
Cons
Average leadership
Every day pricing great for customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMay 16, 2018
Excellent training with flexible hours.Being a team player was strongly suggested.Product selection and pricing drew customers. Credit application very easy for customers.
Pros
Pricing
Great working environment
Furniture Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 16, 2018
Fun , friendly , Family atmosphere . It’s a Company that hires within . With a lot of potential and opportunity to grow . Very Flexible and understanding management.
Official response from Bob's Discount Furniture
May 20, 2018

Thank you for the kind words and for being a valued member of the Bob's Team!

It was a great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 15, 2018
Great company! Great work environment. I love the company's translucency. I definitely learned a lot from Bob's and would even consider working for the company again.
Pros
Furniture sales can be very lucrative
Cons
Sales can very from week to week
Official response from Bob's Discount Furniture
May 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share some kind words about your Bob's experience. We love to hear you had a great experience with us!

Would never recomend this place to anyone
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 13, 2018
They skim from your pay short you on your paycheck every week and love having power over there employees and will smile in your face as they fire you for sticking up for yourself 0 stars if I coud
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob's Discount Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight