Bob Evans Farms Employee Reviews

Fast paced, people friendly
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 13, 2019
Overall a great experience, with friendly coworkers and a management staff that is there to help with any situation. Hardest part of learning the job would be getting acquainted with the ALOHA systems.
Company has evolved
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 12, 2019
Good people to work with. 24/7 operation leads to difficult work/life balance.
Manufacture quality products.
Good first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Winfield, WVFebruary 15, 2019
If you are just getting into serving I would suggest this place. It’s easy and the people are really sweet and help you out a lot. It helps you learn the ropes of serving
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great workplace just lack of management and respect at times.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Took months to land job , prejudice manager , employees didn’t really care for the job and basically did what they wanted. I was a fast learner so I adapted well with no past experience and I was puttin up great ticket times. Most times , they weren’t over 10. I started working there with 35 hours a week and suddenly was cut to 10. I continued working hard and my manager notice and had a word with to me explain how great I was doing and he gave me some hours. 3 hours! I can’t even pay a phone bill with those hours.
Pros
Free Drinks, Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Fun, fast paced work environment
Host/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 9, 2019
A family-oriented place to work that genuinely cares about its employees and managers. There is always room to grow at Bob Evans and the food is delicious and fresh. It was a pleasure working for such a great company with great values.
Dedicated hard working employees and management
Senior Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 6, 2018
Dedicated hard working employees and management .
Positive work environment encouraged to think out side the box. Changed jobs only to avoid moving out of state
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Getting credit card tips taxed on your check every two weeks rather than getting them every night is too hard to live on.
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 3, 2018
You make server wages, then all the tips that people leave you on credit , you don't get the night you're working. You get them on your check and you're only paid every two weeks. They tax them on top of that. The bob Evans I worked at, only gave the good hours to the employees that have worked at that restaurant for many years. It was too hard to make any money.
Life at Bob Evans
Host (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHNovember 11, 2018
I loved working at Bob Evans because I was able to make a lot of friends working there and mostly because the working environment was very comfortable.
Not bad
Kp/ tanker/ cook (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 5, 2018
Not bad to work for. Hours are available for those who want them most the time I mean. Over ask not bad though. I'd work there again in the future you know.
Hard workers
Sanitation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIOctober 30, 2018
I learned to be consistent within a time frame and the importance of a quality product. I appreciated my boss because he looked out for me a lot and helped me adjust to third shift so it would fit my schedule.
Pros
benefits and pay
nice people to work with
Dishwasher/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 8, 2018
a typical day at work is coming in to wash dishes &pots & pans. next was to go get supplies & food from the storeroom. also get food prepared for breakfast for the the next day. and finish dishes for the day. clean up and clock out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
better wages
It all depends on the people
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 4, 2018
If you like spending time with your family then this is not the job for you. I don't see them 3 days out of the week. Which is not worth the stress.

The expectations are unrealistic to run a restaurant. They give you a certain number of hours to hit as a goal. This number seems like it is figured out by throwing a dart at a board. Run understaffed and get your butt kicked and you're still over on hours somehow even though you run a great labor percentage.

Other times not only do you have to pick up the slack of your staff but also of other managers who don't want to do their job then you still get blamed for it.

The company just does not have as bright of an Outlook as it once did because they aren't listening to what the customers want but you as the manager are the one who catches he'll because you are the one the customer sees.

Burn out sets in pretty quickly with all the factors I mentioned above and it shows in a high turnover rate amongst managers.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, lack of flexible scheduling
Long Hours but Fun Co-workers
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 27, 2018
Working on the weekends is a hassle. Hosts/Hostesses are often overwhelmed by customers wanting to be sat quickly and servers complaining about being sat too often. Often you have only enough time to do one thing, such as cash out, and you get behind on other jobs like restocking the bakery or checking the bathrooms. Managers can get angry with you even though you can't do things like seat the line of customers at the door while cashing out the line of customers at the register. Most often there will be other hosts/hostesses at the door so that isn't too much of a problem, but it can be frustrating when you are really busy and you've been working for hours. Managers tend to forget about hosts/hostesses when cutting employees for the day, even if you are supposed to leave before some servers. Despite these issues, employees and managers get along well with each other most of the time, and the pay is overall good for the job.
Terrible place
SERVER/HOST (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 22, 2018
THIS PLACE IS AWFUL DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!! The managers do not care about you or your needs and treat you like slaves. The pay is not nearly enough for the work and its honestly just terrible.
Very fun place
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIAugust 19, 2018
It was a hard working job, processing, butchering, very fast paced, hard working people that all work as a team we all got stuff done how it was supposed to be.
Cons
Relaxed but busy place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 14, 2018
I only worked there for short time until finding something else with more pay and better benefits . Not enough money to pay all bills / make it by in life
Pros
Took break when you felt like it, got free food on the job, they hire with facial n sleeve etc tattoos
Cons
Not enough money for certain positions
Good decent working people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 8, 2018
I have worked for this place non stop for half a year. Eventually that gave me a day off, on a random day of the week. Eventually they switched the schedule to 2-2-3. Meaning working 12 hour shifts two days working two days off three days working. I liked this schedule a lot more. It's a decent job. Some cool people.
You get to meet and help grow people from all walks of life.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 6, 2018
Bob Evans has made me appreciate people from all walks of life. As well as the ability to grow and coach those individials to be the best they can. Working in a team environment has given me the ability to read each persons strengths, and the tools to highlight them. These tools are used in my current job postion, enabling then to grow their customer service skills not only for domestic customers but for international clients as well.
Friendly workplace. Very hard workers
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 17, 2016
Loved My job and the people that I was surrounded by.
Everyone worked hard for the goals to meet.

There is so much I can say Good about my job. I Loved working in the office and meeting new people.

Very high intense when deadlines were meant. But comfortable.

The higher of HR was very friendly and positive.
Pros
Did not have to leave building for lunch. Had a Cafe for convience
Cons
Lunch breaks were timely
good place to start
Kitchen specialist, cook, cleaning crew (Current Employee) –  Wapakoneta, OHMarch 4, 2016
worked there for four years never have been treated bad show up for work everyday you work hard for them they will take care of you like the job but want another job
Pros
50% discount on the clock
Cons
top out is low in certain positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob Evans Farms. Our community is ready to answer.