Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,912 reviews matching the search See all 2,914 reviews
Productivity
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 20, 2018
I worked as a dishwasher. It was a fast paced environment and had to keep up. The hardest part was keeping focused and being fast. I worked much overtime and enjoyed the other employees.
Pros
Worked Many Hours
Cons
Fast Paced could be hard at times
Fun place to work/Unproductive in pay
Buyer Assistant/Dish Tanker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2018
I started out working as a dish tanker, then to host. The place needs maximum work effort, but does not accommodate the type of money I need to maintain a comfortable living situation.
productivity
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Otsego County, MIOctober 18, 2018
a typical work day was not so great. it was very disrespectful. i learned how to take cash and be a hostess. the hardest part of the job was that the manager was always standing over my shoulder.
Pros
learning new expierences.
Cons
long hours, not paid lunch.
Productive but stressful and difficult
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 18, 2018
Working at Bob Evan’s as a hostess gave me good work experience considering that was my first job. However, I did not get trained well enough, then when I had to learn how to do things on my own it was really hard for me especially considering it was my first job which I didn’t think they understood. They also cut my hours without letting me know, from working to everyday to only working on weekends. Honestly, I don’t recommend working there.
Pros
work experience, good pay
Cons
cut hours, not trained well enough
it was an easy going work enviroment i got along well w others
Server (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHOctober 18, 2018
I liked working there, I'm a very outgoing person which made it easy for me to approach new customers and get to know them. When I wasn't busy I also voluntarily helped my coworkers.
Fun, productive
Crew trainer front and back of house (Current Employee) –  Liberty, OHOctober 18, 2018
I like working at Bob Evans it has its up a and downs just like every job. You have chances to advance if you try and decent pay. Great staff amd great managers
Productive and a fun work place.
Sever (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 18, 2018
The job was a great job as a server. I love serving and I love customers. I enjoyed every second I was there. Although, they could never keep steady management there and it was very slow paced working. Never made as much money and I should have.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Poor management. Slow pace
Fast paced place to work
Grill line cook (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 17, 2018
Bob Evans is a fast pace work environment. The days are never the same and the people are always great to work with. There is a lot to learn and do. The hours of operation are great for anyone.
Na
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 17, 2018
How much do employees make? Glassdoor has salaries, wages, tips, bonuses, and hourly pay based upon employee reports and estimates.
There’s a place here for every kind of brilliant. Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be, no matter what
Broasted Chicken wore me out
Kitchen Preparation, Dishtank Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OH 43213October 16, 2018
The job was great for me until they incorporated the Broaster for their new(er) chicken. It takes too much time to prepare and clean/sanitize completely. It's a restaurant, so it is very fast paced which I did enjoy.
Great place to work, hard to get 40 hours
Kitchen Prep (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 16, 2018
I've been working at Bob Evans a little over a month now as Kitchen Prep and it's a good place to work. All new hires are eligible for insurance after 30 days aND the wages are competitive as well. I started at 10.50 and I'm already up to 11.50 although it's pulling teeth to get 40 hours/week but if you work hard , be on time and be productive there are hours to be had.. Im at 36 and a fixed schedule now which is really nice coming from 22 hours my first couple weeks
Pros
Wages, time goes fast
Cons
Getting full time hours
needs alot of inprovement
Host (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHOctober 15, 2018
the management is not good at all i had nothing but problems out of the managers they would sit in there office wile we struggeled and when a costomer needed to talk to one of them they would take forever to get out of there office
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not farm to table restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 14, 2018
I was very suprised to see that 75% of the food came from a factory which was already prepared and trown in a bag to put in the mocrowave. It was one of the most fast paced stressful under paid places I have ever worked for.
Pros
Some of the people i worked with were very nice.
Cons
There is to many to name just not a good place to work for.
Bob Evans Closed 21 stores last year & the one I worked at .
Servers (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 13, 2018
I work for Bob Evans Restaurant for Over 22 Years & When the Restaurant Closed it felt like someone Died! We all worked like we were Family!
I went to another Bob Evans Restaurant to work it was Good when I first got there and the they closed the Sam’s Club behind the Bob Evans Restaurant So did our sales and I was driving a long way to get there ! I went from almost 40 hours to less then 30 the drive was not paying for my Gas ! So on My way home from work I stopped by a Restaurant in Orange City & 3 weeks later they called & I have been there now 81/2 months & all I can say is it’s Not My Bob Evans Family!
I’m getting old and I think I need a job like being a cashier! I also did at Bob Evans Restaurant!
Pros
We worked like Family
Cons
Wanted to work am & Only got One Day pr. Week
great job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 13, 2018
I would work there again. They would have paid for me to go to college and get a degree in the field. There was career advancements I just with they could have loaned me the money to fix my car
I don’t know
Dish wash Bus and host (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 12, 2018
I just wanna to work I know I was a hard worker at bobevans when they need me to come in on my day off I came in on my day off They was a bear with me when they cut my days off when I have my surgery
Trying to make success out of something...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 11, 2018
Working at Bob Evans was a good job...but the only real enjoyment I got out of it was learning the management skills. I tried working in restaurant management because it seemed as though it wasn't what I wanted to do by working in a restaurant but it was the only thing anyone would hire me to do. So I tried to make it work but all I wanted to do was work in an office or at home doing what I loved and that was working with computers....
good stepping stone into the service industry
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 11, 2018
It was a good first step into the service industry. Gave me an idea of what i'll be dealing with once i became a server. Would not recommend as a long-term serving job.
Relaxed yet quick paced
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
Always have to be working at any given moment.
Standing most of the time, sitting is strictly not permitted. You have to smile a lot at the customers. When we get really busy you have to make a wait list!
Pros
Discounts of half off when you eat in the resturant.
Cons
You don't get a half off discount when you order a carryout. And bad reviews online.
Corporate Trainer
CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Ohio, Maryland, Pennsylvania & FloridaOctober 9, 2018
I started out as a Hostess at a traditional restaurant, then went onto the sales person training &grill cook. From there went onto cooperate training program as a hostess trainer at new store openings in Ohio, Maryland, Pennsylvania & Florida.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob Evans Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight