Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,795 reviews matching the search See all 2,797 reviews
A brief description
Dishwasher / Busser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
My experiences with Bob Evans were very helpful in augmenting the speed of my pace in any form of work. This has proven to be very beneficial on my behalf.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
productive work place
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2018
work was good. hardest part were difficult customers and one rude manager. most enjoyable part was making customers happy. a typical day was pretty chilled.
good people
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. i didnt mind my job and i liked all my coworkers. the only downside were the wages i did not make nearly enough to pay my bills even with 40 hours per week.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
low wages
Great people, very helpful, not a great workplace
Host (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIAugust 15, 2018
My time at the Bob Evans Restaurant has been very nice in the fact that everyone has been very kind and helpful in my time there, but, management is all over the place it seems with managers coming and going at the blink of an eye it's very difficult to establish a set-in-stone way of doing things as each manager does things a little bit differently than the other, making working with all of them all the more confusing. Otherwise, they are all very kind and hardworking people from my experience, and if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and working your butt off, it's at least a great place for a first job for a teenager.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Short breaks (if you're even given one), work from other fields bleeds over into the hosts' jobs more frequently than desired.
learn to cook
line cook (Former Employee) –  Avon, INAugust 15, 2018
Not many cooks so they will expect a lot out of you without paying you a fair amount. VERY busy rushes and long shifts. little to no training. do not recommend
Quick-pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 15, 2018
Bob Evans is a great place to work at if your are looking for a second job. The people there are great, I love the team I work with now. The management need some work. But they hiring some new managers so hopefully it will start getting better.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
No breaks, management needs to be better.
decent for a first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2018
I was a waitress so we got paid half of minimum wage and people never tip well unless you're super cute which I never have been. It's alright if you don't have any bills to pay or if it's just a part time job on the side for extra cash
Family Friendly
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 14, 2018
Most employees there are pretty nice and friendly. I loved my job and what hours I got every week. The one main concern is that I worked there for six years but never received a pay raise.
Terrible!!! Never ever again hopefully 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
I will never ever work at this location again. My experience was horrific at best. Lied about pay hours were cut shortly after I worked almost 12 hour days during the Thanksgiving week. Once Xmas came I worked maybe 20 hours a week. MAYBE! And the MGR thought he was going me a favor. Was promised a position and once someone came in with less experience and willing to take less pay they got all the “hours”, go figure😑. They give you a three dollar sausage for Xmas “per policy”. Happy holidays guys. WAy to SLAVE for the year😩🤷🏾‍♂️
Pros
None at ALL
Cons
Working there
Okay place to work, easy to learn.
Server, Kitchen Prep, Hostess/Carryout (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg PaAugust 14, 2018
if you’re content with just being a server, host, cook, kp, dishwasher then it’s perfect. I loved it but hated it at the same time. Plenty of pros and plenty of cons. I loved what I did but I disliked the amount of times I was overlooked for management position because I worked too hard. They lack discipline.
Pros
50% meals while working, the regular guests
Cons
Drama filled restaurant, spineless managers, no room for advancement

Want to know more about Bob Evans Restaurants?

Ask a question
The job was easy
Server (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOAugust 13, 2018
I worked as a server and the tips were nice to bring home, the job was easy and I loved it for most of the time I was there. We ended up getting new management and that was the only reason I left.
Server
SERVER & HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 13, 2018
Very few hours, work nights, weekends, or daytime. Your time is never the same. Must be very flexible no vacation time or sick time. Great for a first job,
fun work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVAugust 11, 2018
It is Easy to get hired, great opportunity for first time employees, easy money, fast paced environment, flexible schedule,

con would be credit card tips are put on pay check instead of given at the end of the shift.
Stressful
Hostess/Server/Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHAugust 11, 2018
The job was stressful due to lack of staff and over use of the employees that worked there. If they’d call you on your day off and you said you didn’t want to come in, the next time you did they mdr it hard on you.
Pros
Nice coworkers, food discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no bathroom breaks, payrate, hours
Fun place
Dishtank (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHAugust 10, 2018
Loved it so much it was a great place i will be putting my 2 weeks in just in case i want to go back very laid back place great people and overall a great place to work.
The pay is too iffy. Wage is $2.23 an hour, and you hope to make up for it in tips.
Server (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 10, 2018
I have enjoyed working here, but there is no stability in pay for servers. We don’t make enough for the work we do, and there’s nothing we can do about tables that refuse to tip us. It happens all too often and I’m left dwelling on the fact that I put my heart and soul into the service I give, and customers don’t realize that I’m just a kid trying to get through high school, living off tips.
Easy Going
Server (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAAugust 9, 2018
This job was very easy going and was able to work with odd hours if necessary. Management is very lenient with hours and scheduling. Also very good at keeping people in order. Very clean place to work.
Used to be great but went down hill
Service trainer/ shift lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 9, 2018
The corporate offices have made this company horrible. Used to be a great place to work with good benefits. But the quality of food went downhill as well as benefits and management
didnt like it
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 9, 2018
horrible pay. was stuck in kitchen when i wanted to serve. no help with cooking or prep. people called out all the time. my boss was great but had to much on her to effectively do her job.
Pros
quiting
Cons
having to work there
Nice place to work
Restaurant Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 9, 2018
Bob Evans was a nice place to work, but it's since been purchased, and I don't know the culture or environment of the accounting center under its new owners.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Didn't always make the best use of people's skills