Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 3,077 reviews matching the search See all 3,083 reviews
Great place to work twice at
server, grill cook and also kitchen prep (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoy my shift and the co workers . I look forward to working since everyone is respectful .i wasnt expecting to get comfortable here but I came back to the company and the second time around was a more beneficial suit for me
Pros
Everyone works well with one another
Cons
Less hours when first week hired in
Great food
Server cashier carryout attendant server trainer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2018
Good restaurant, great food, good atmoshogere clean restaurant. High prices less business good staff and managers. No incentives or bonuses offered to most.
Pros
great food
Cons
no benefits
Very fun place to work
Shift Leader/Cashier/Cook/server (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I have got to know many faces old young smart not bright but was able to help them along to gain some kind of purpose for working with Bob. I was able to attend school while working. But thw company closed on us. I am still on call if ever i wanted to return back .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough help
Not a place you would want to be at.
Server, Hostess, Shift Leader, Cook (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 4, 2019
A typical day at work is chaotic and unplanned. The managers are very hands off in the business aspect for the understaffing of the restaurant is so bad to where managers have to work normal postitions. This environment is stressful and poorly operated. After 2 years of working here I would never return to eat or for a job because of the unprofessional atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant staffing issues and lack of management supervision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Stressful enviroment, bad management
Server
Waitress, Cashier, Cook, and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 24, 2018
The manager that I had a Bob Evans was unpleasant. The company itself was a great places to work. The customers were great to work with and bond with.
not enough hours
Busser/Dishwasher operations (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 10, 2019
They would not give enough hours for bussers because they did away with that position so all the fulltime had to work the dishwasher and part time did not get enough hours. They did away with bussers and started making the servers clean their own tables so it was worth working there anymore because I wasn;t getting enough hours to make it worth working there anymore.
Fun a lot of regulars out going
Server kitchen prep grill cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora Indiana 47001December 29, 2018
Set schedule even when I moved to Florida they transferred me to one of the fast paced restaurants in the area. Even when I went back to visit I was aloud to work at my store in Indiana.
Pros
Free meals for working extra shifts
Cons
Nonstop extreme sidework.
great food great people
Waitress/Hostess/expo food (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 17, 2019
as a server it can be very fast paced..hardest thing is trying to work around new ppl if your slammed. overall management did have obvious favortism, within 3 months i was working 3 different job categories, with a schedule of 20 hours a week and split shifts only. but a great family resteraunt.
Meet many interesting people and learned how to handle stressful situations
Hostess, Cashier, and Server (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 11, 2019
I learned how to collaborate with others to satisfy the customers and connected with many people I would not normally. I learned many skill sets such as cooking, busting and using the cashier and food equipment.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks and stressful
Bob evans was over all the best Restaurant ive worked at.
Front an back house Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 16, 2018
The manager was always patient an willing to work with you. He was also willing to jump in at any time even if he wasnt good at doing it.
I loved working there an I would go back if I could.
Pros
50%meal an good peopke to work with
Cons
Too many teenagers that dont want to stick around.
great atmosphere
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 10, 2019
I started off as a host/cashier and quickly moved up to what they call a to-go server. you basically do a little of everything that its front of the house except what the servers did. half way through my experience I moved up to becoming a server. the people around me were great. I would go back if they asked me too.
Pros
money and hours
Cons
during slow times you may not get as much time
My first management experience and it was wonderful
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 18, 2018
My first management experience and it was wonderful. I have learned many things and I develop the skills of today from this position The General Manager was and will always be my mentor.
Was a great company
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, I was given opportunities to learn to count inventory, place truck oders along with learning how to teach and coach the new employees that we hired .
Pros
Free meals, vacations
Cons
Hours was long
This was a good resturant to work at
Server/server trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2019
The people was very nice..the employees were goid to work with..The tips were goid..The environment was good ..Time went by as long as you stayed busy waiting on tables ..clearing dishes..doing sidework.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Slow sometimes
Ideal for a starter job
Waitress and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAJanuary 31, 2019
When I was there, management was unprofessional. Hours were flexible, but the energy in the building was very uncomfortable. This is the type of job that would benefit high schoolers.
Almost 9 yrs of my life down the drain...
Headtrainer/Catering specialist/Shiftleader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2018
I dedicated a huge chunk of my life to that company. In the beginning it was the best company to work for because they value their employees and guest. Overtime corporate management became more involved and strayed away from making a positive work environment. Corporate Bob Evans went under a huge turnover which interned which intern was a Snowball Effect for the rest of the company and stores.
Pros
I had alot of regular customers
Cons
Working a job making delicious bakery treats
Bob Evans Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 1, 2019
Managers are not that great. The customers were really rude due to the fact that they were hungry. The cooks took forever to make the food so the customers would get mad at the servers when it wasn't their fault.
everday running the unit
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 24, 2019
I was a general manager ,was promoted from within. was in charge of the total operation of the restaurant. inventory , food ordering daily operation of food and labor
stayed here way too long.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2019
I really have nothing to say about this job other than I am glad I am not working it anymore. The work environment was stressful and forced managers to put work before family.
Fun, although very stressful
Hostess and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 31, 2018
I honestly liked working here. The guests were fun to interact with and the coworkers were okay. My typical work day is that I would clock in and immediately start work. I would go to the podium and start greeting when people would come in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob Evans Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bob Evans Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably