Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad hours
Dishwasher and Busser (Former Employee) –  South Euclid, OHMay 21, 2018
Not enough hours but,the other employees are good folks u get 401k and you can sign up for the health benefits plus the rta drops you off 1 block away
Pros
Good folk
Cons
Not enough money to live off of
Great work place
Host/Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 17, 2018
It’s been a great job, with great opportunity’s. I’ve worked here for 4 years and I have learned a lot from working here. Recommend it to others. Especially for a first time job.
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
This job would have been much better had there been better management. The manager only hires women, and is demeaning. I constantly felt uncomfortable around him and the scheduling was absolutely ridiculous. If you cannot work the hours that they want you to, you will be fired. They will fire their workers quickly over minor issues instead of resolving them.
Fun workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burbank, OHMay 13, 2018
My workplace sucked. My general manager didn't know how to treat her staff she talked about workers to other people and shared info that didn't needed to be shared.
Cons
Half off lunches
Strong Values
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 10, 2018
Company upholds high quality and moral standards. There are many long days, however, managers are typically scheduled 2 days off per week and they have a solid benefits package.
Quirky Crew and Managers
Dishtank Operator & Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 9, 2018
Fun company and crew to work with, but very difficult to keep up with the contradictory standards and mismanaged communication. Would only recommend this company to those with a lot of stamina, patience and free-time.
Pros
Discounted food, diverse co-worker environment
Cons
Strict dresscode, no space for personal effects, no break room.
How they treated us and how hard they worked
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 8, 2018
They treated us very well and made sure the customers got the best service. We worked very hard to get get them out in a timely manner. They management was amazing.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
I wouldn’t get home until late
Not a Career
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Pickerington, OHMay 7, 2018
I have been employed at Bob Evans for about three years now. Working there has made me realize that the job is not a career based job. From experience, I would say Bob Evans is a job you work for in high school. There aren't very many opportunities to move up into the company. I love the staff I work with. Management at my store has never been a problem. Restaurant jobs are all about team work. Not a good job if you prefer to work at your own pace and alone.
I learned many different types of people skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMay 7, 2018
My time at Bob Evans was very short lived. I did learn great people skills, and how to carry myself. The management wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and being ready to work a 7 hour shift and only working 2, 3, or 4 hours due to the management over-scheduling. But the most enjoyable part was interacting with the regulars that you had most of the time, as well as meeting new people who this was their first time coming to Bob Evans and being able to interact and learn more about them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Scheduling errors
Fast paced work environment, polite coworkers
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 7, 2018
Clocked in. Was told what needed to be done. Prepped food for the cooks, waitstaff, and the next day. I learned how to use a hobart, proofer, and meat slicer. Polite co-workers easy to get along with.
Pros
Normal breaks
Cons
sometimes long hours and a lot to prep
Productive and fun environment
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 4, 2018
The management struggled in areas and excelled in others. Overall it was a great workplace and I was glad I got to work there for the time I did. I would definitely recommend this place to other friends.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long shifts
Very fun to meet new people and learning job skill
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVApril 30, 2018
I learned a lot of working skills. Being fasted paced it was kinda hard for me. There was times where it was easy durning my training i learned from my co workers
Pros
discounted food
Cons
had to work 4 hpours to get break
Nice at times but not for me
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 28, 2018
The servers can be rude and complain about doing their job and they don't give you a chance to learn your stuff. I was pushed right into learning everything without giving me a chance to actually learning everything. It's not really the environment i want to be in
Pros
50% off when you work, 20% when you come in, paid weekly
Cons
the servers, its a lot
Fun place to work goid place for high school kids
Certfied back of house trainer (Current Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAApril 26, 2018
Good pay for kids if you have experience at all at anything they will take advantage of you an cut your pay an hours its a restaurant an it can be stressfull
fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 24, 2018
I love the staff and how easy going everyone is. I love getting paid every friday as well. Stress free and 40 hours a week is what i wanted. Not a career for me, but just part time i fine for now
Pros
discounts
Quick paced but stressfully so
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 24, 2018
Sometimes I love my job and the people I work with but other times I hate it and can't stand the people. I have worked in multiple restaurants with the company and the environment created in some restaurants is downright unbearable. The employees feel as if they are untouchable and can do whatever they want. Sometimes it just makes it really hard to feel motivated to go to work.
Pros
Great benefits and a reasonable salary
Cons
Inconsistent work environment
Horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 20, 2018
I dont know about all Bob's but the GM at Richmond Indiana East store is a HORRIBLE person and bully. Complaints have been made and nothing done. Do not buy her friendly demeanor she puts on for guests. In the back she is calling employees stupid and much worse!
Pros
Discount. Good food
Cons
No benefits. Management makes bad atmosphere
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHApril 19, 2018
Management was great, and tried their hardest to work with everyones schedule. I loved my coworkers, but I loved my customers more. The only bad thing I have to say about working there was, even though I tried to get full time indefinitely, I wasn't able to so I wasn't able to get any other benefits.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Sometimes workers wouldn't follow guidelines.
Productive. There were fun days but mostly consisted of stressful days
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 13, 2018
It wasnt the best job to say the least. However it also wasnt thenworst. The managment staff could have been better and paid time off should be an option. I would have liked to see a better benefit package as well
Fun workplace, good people.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2018
I liked working there for the time that I did. The people were friendly and very helpful. The environment was welcoming but it was mostly always hectic.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short breaks