Bob Evans Restaurants
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bob Evans Restaurants Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Just a part time job
I enjoy working here looking for a more permanent position with better pay , started working here to make extra money for my house hold. Hold another position
Pros
50% discount
Bob Evans - Okay
- Pretty flexible with their hours
- Maintain sustainable work wage and tip income

- Staff are usually easy to get along with

- Family friendly

- Accommodate to disabilities
I love working for bob Evan's but over the year it had changed and it need to go back to some of the good thing they did.
Make sure you have item in the store to sale and work with your team not bully them and not just seat in the office and not help out. Have manager meet with her team and work with and her employees and not tell the employee you have to sale gift card before you leave. Stop bullying people.
Any more questions call
terrible location
do not work here. the money is not worth it at all. i work doubles sometimes and make only about $70. it’s crazy, waste of time and the management does not care about the employees one bit.
Really nice job
I felt supported there and was really pleased with how everything went while working for this company. I highly recommend to younger individuals who are in need of a job.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Best job
Really carrying people more of a family than employees . Welcomed and me in and taught me anything I didn’t already know when I found out I was pregnant they worked with me to make sure I was safe it was a tragedy when they moved locations because a lot of good people left the restaurant
Stressful, poor management team.
If you thought you were stressed out enough, or couldn’t get any more stressed. Apply to Bob Evans, get hired & I guarantee you will hate your life even more than you did before you started working there.
Bob Evans was fast paced but worth it!
I loved my coworkers and managers! Everyday was full of positivity, support, and mutual respect between managers and coworkers. Customers were friendly and a joy to be around.
Pros
free meals
weekends horrible
would"nt hire help for weekends when bussiest. servers are selfish and lazy.don't follow company policy for time on hot line pull only when empty not every 4 hours by health code standards.
Pros
insurance
Cons
weekends
Fast paced and fun place to learn how to serve
I loved working there and making new friends. Managers were laid back unless it was rush hour. I learned new skills and learned how to carry multiple things at once.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good for my first job
There were slow moments along with very busy hours. I learned to multitask and think quickly in order to tend to customers. My coworkers were nice. I had fun.
Bob Evan's was a great high school job
Had I not have had all of the high school athletic activities I would not have left this job. They always tried to be accommodating, I just could not make it work.
Bob Evans
Bob Evans was a great experience for me. I had never been a server, the patience and training they gave me was excellent. Its a place to advance with the company. I loved the management team, Sunday mornings were our busiest. Our managers would get out there and run tables with the servers. We would have contest, incestives, and parties. When managers engage with their employees, it makes a better place to work.
Horrible. Manager made me cry
The work day was stressful. I learned nothing. Management was rude and selfish. The workplace was toxic. They made me do things that were not my job or sanatary.
Productive and Fun work environment
A typical work day was being greeted by great co-workers. I worked as a server but many times I had to fill in different positions. I learned all aspects of the store. I had a great time helping my customers have a great service
Cons
I didn't get paid appropriately for doing other jobs such as cooking and dish washer
Bob Evans is mediocre
Bob Evans is not a great place to work at from a server standpoint. You must expedite and run your own food and drinks, food prices are low, and the chain as a whole isn't run well or progressing.
Good and fun place
Serving for Bob Evans was my first job. I enjoyed every aspect of working here as well as the food. This job really help pave the way for how I have decided a lot of my future plans in life. And continuing to pursue my career in customer service.
Pros
Good work environment, good food, decent money
Cons
no healthcare, very strict in tardiness and call outs
Great place for hard workers.
Your salary is based entirely on your effort and sales experience. wonderful opportunities for advancement if you are a quick learner and good with people.Great management that will help you learn the process of being a good server.
Great staff, great food for a reasonable price
Im a hostess at bob evans the work environment is family orientied and all of the employees on average are pleasant towards thier fellow co-workers and also fun to be around.

Now lets get to my job duties, I did mention I was a hostess right :)

On normal when you walk into a restaurant you see two or more hostess at the podium, the role of either one of the two should include seater or greeter,.,,,, But at bob mon-thursday a typical work day for me is hosting, greeting, seating,bussing tables because it got so busy with only 3 lucky to have 4 servers on the floor, and Im also cashier. Youre probally thinking double duties littarly when customers come in,they think Im doing double duties because a cowoker called off for the day but no this is a normal workday for me doing quadruple job functions/duties granted the managers come out when its a little out of our capabilities, like it dosent take a class or degree in business management to know were understaffed and more job functions need to be created and filled.

Easy right :) also you must be knowlegebale of the menu, expect to have people coming at you all at once people need to be cash out and its a chance that the phone will be going off for people to place carryout orders which can get a lil busy along with about 2 people at the side of your register wating to place and order but dont feel overwhelmed youll be ok.

Did I also mention I have to tidy up the bathroom change the trash yeah that included.

I been working at bob since the month of march and if youre just some little 16 -18 year old trying
 - more...
Pros
Half off on lunch 50 percent working and 20 when not working
Cons
Mostly no break unless its really slow, Little career opportunties
Productive place to work and growwith in yourself.
I love music I'm a hard worker I enjoy helping others I like to see others happy as well as myself.

At Bob evans I cleaned I was dishes I cooked a little I made deserts and more.
Fun place to work and meet people from the area. Managers work with each person to meet individual needs.
A good company to work for when a part-time position is needed. They work with you on available hours to work and schedules you accordingly. Co-workers are easy to get along with and fun to work with. We try to be a team, doing what needs to be done and helping each other as we are met with a rush of customers or during slow times keeping the place in order.
Pros
Discount on meals when working.
Cons
I would not desire to do this on a full-time basis.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bob Evans Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight