Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Good people to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Get my self organized.Run my controls.Do inventory of supplies.Make sure calibrations are done and up to date.Make sure everything is done for the next shift.
Pros
steady full time employment
Cons
too far to drive.
Inpatient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Great place to work at and excellent health car professionals that added to the experience as well. I had a wonderful time while my time at boca regional hospital
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 26, 2019
This hospital is a wonderful place to work. It is a caring environment that nurtures patients and staff. Boca Hospital is a prestigious facility that offers a multitude of professional care.
Going through transition
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Some areas work better than others.
Chemistry has serious instrument problems that have been going on for years, hopefully, the problems will be fixed soon.

Employee parking is a struggle. The closer employee parking lot is generally full and its spaces are not reserved, so the few available spaces are often taken by visitors.
The company offers the upper floors of a parking garage... 4 blocks away, which is a problem on rainy days. Parking during rainy days also involves getting feet wet in flooded streets.
However, you can be fired if you get caught 3 times parking in non-employee spaces.
Upper management has other employee unfriendly rules that inspire employees to leave.
Pros
Better pay than most other hospitals in the area.
Cons
Upper management is punitive in its rules, does not try to make the place a better place to work.
Manager, Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 3, 2018
This was one of the best stops in my career journey. Senior leaders fostered a very caring and collaborative environment from top to bottom. I hope to recreate a position like this in my future.
Pros
Amazing leadership team
Great Company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 13, 2018
Learned a lot working at this company. There is room to advance and grow. The management and staff is friendly and so is the overall atmosphere. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Stressful, understaffed workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2018
The “worker bees” are not appreciated. The boss has her favorites, to whom she listens, & favors.
Benefits, such as tuition assistance , are appreciated. Usually too busy to take the 1/2 hr. Lunch break.
Pros
403B, self-scheduling
Cons
Breaks are minimal; appreciation even less.
teamwork is great is this company
RN - Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 3, 2018
i believe each department work well and they advocate for their patients and families appropriately. i have floated to various departments and like how they care for their patients.
Teamwork and great management
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2018
Summer internship with the foundation. Great environment with great people. Fast paced with great managers showing us the way. Very professional and always willing to assist.
Teenage Volunteer
Gift Shop Volunteer Service Teenage Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2018
I think this is a great opportunity if you want exposure to the hospital setting. I enjoyed that for every 4 hours of volunteering you received a meal coupon. I also enjoyed the fact that there are multiple locations that you can volunteer
great workplace
Echocardiography student (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2018
I was a clinical student at Boca Regional so my main job there was to follow a tech , start the patients vitals and make sure they are comfortable. I would also start the exam and take pictures before the tech came in. The tech would make sure I got what they needed.
Good Place to work
Telecommunications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 22, 2018
This is a good place to work, but the pay leaves something to be desired. I took a substantial pay cut to take my job here. Some of that was that I needed a job at the time and some of it was because I like my manager. He was supportive and didn't micromanage me. He allowed me to take care of my employees the way I saw fit, but if I needed help he would be there to support me. However, I was promised a significant pay increase with this budget cycle and didn't get it plus I have decided to take my career in a different direction so I chose to leave BRRH. The benefits are great, but the pay not so much.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Pay
Boca Raton was a great place to work
Bedside Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 19, 2018
They offered me my first position after I graduated as a registered nurse from Miami Dade College. They believed in me and they always treated me with respect
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Stressful, but we all learned how to cope
Poor management
Health Information Technician, HIM (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Little to no growth potential or career advancement. Very high turnover rate in virtually every department, My department experienced 4 directors within a 9-month period.
Good pay
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2018
They pay well. The clientele can be tough. Good life experience. They leave room to use your nursing judgement. Good incentive program during season. Need a float pool.
Productive,learned
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2018
love the time I was work.at Hospital,learne new staff,my team was great,healthful,my supervicer was very profecional,love the job,I lived my job,haved to move
Pros
meet new people
Cons
low pay
Brrh
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 6, 2018
This is a great facility. Lots to learn. Management is very efficient and knowledgeable. Every member of the staff works well together. Also, this hospital is near the beach so after a hard night, a drive to the beach does the trick.
Pros
Great people
One Team, One Misson
Health Unit Coordinator/Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2018
Great team of people to work with. Directors and Clinical Mgrs. are super awesome! The Directors are very accommodating if you're interested in attending school, and most will allow for your schedule to reflect this choice! Overtime is readily available if its season, and its great for your OT pay!
Great coworkers but focused more on satisfaction than healthcare
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 25, 2018
I love my coworkers here and day to day enjoyed working here. Unfortunately, the higher ups are always more focused on satisfaction scores from patients than the actual healthcare being provided. Instead of worrying about the working environment and respecting their employees, administration was constantly pleasing snotty rich Boca Raton residents who often treated the inpatient areas as a seven star hotel instead of a hospital focused on getting sick people better.
Lab Representative
Lab Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 25, 2018
Worked in very serious environment due to nature of work pathologists performed. Overall work culture was very professional and stressful. I did learn a lot about pathology and its role in overall patient care. Hardest part of job was to perform duties perfectly and under a lot of pressure to never make a mistake. I did not care for the most recent manager and felt she was not effective as a manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling I was providing an important service and assuring the best patient care possible. I enjoyed my overall job and felt like I was contributing to the overall care of each patient. Breaks were very short (30 minute lunch) and work was performed with much scrutiny.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Boca Raton Regional Hospital Reviews by Location