Boca Raton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to start
RN, Medical Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This is a great hospital to work for, with mostly very supportive staff. There are the fair share of challenging patients, but overall, it was a great first start to nursing.
Family like work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca careFebruary 9, 2018
It's a great place to work , great co-workers, family like environmental, great physicians and office manager. Very professional and fun place to work.
Pros
Free breakfast from time to time.
Cons
Low hourly wages
N/a
Endoscopy Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Challenging work environment, mostly because management culture is lacking. Career advancement lacking. High expectation that all would work after the established closing time or it was considered a lack of dedication.
case manager discharge planner have been here 8 years
Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2018
have seen amazing change in the dept since maura davis direct has come to our dept and we are so happy that she will be deicating her time to only our dept and play a dual role in quality dept
Pros
changing the way things are done in our dept it really has been a change in a positive direciton
Cons
still needs more help on floor but this is changing and things are improving tremendously
Nice environment. Good pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Great hospital to work at. Great environment. Great incentives for overtime. Lack of opportunity for advancement. Pay is definitely fair compared to other hospitals. Great co workers.
Second Family
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2018
I worked three 12hr shifts occasionally I would have to work four days in a week, The floor I worked on really became a second family. We had a strong team and great teamwork. I was able to advance my position after working there only four months at the time to also include in my set of skills as a unit secretary (HUC). The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with patients and their families.
Very overwhelmed and overwork with a nasty director!!
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  CentralizedJanuary 23, 2018
Centralized scheduling is very fast paced you are constantly overworked new director forces people to work overtime everyday He is threatening .He does not know how to balance work we are constantly short staffed. I hate going to work. He has his favorites. Keeps lying that things will get better but it won't. No one feels secure. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Many great nursing opportunities; competetive salary; fast paced
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my role as a research nurse there but the funding for the position was lost, so I lost my job. Other positions offered but not in my are of interest.

Most professional relationships are of a high caliber, especially between nursing staff and physicians. But in the event thereis a conflict between a nurse and a physician regarding patient care, administration always takes the side of the physician.
Extremely micromanaged and overworked
Administrative Director of Clinical Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I was not allowed to do my job. COO was blindsided by MD who micromanaged everything. MD was rude and non-appreciative. I was back stabbed by the MD because I stood up for myself and demanded professional treatment. Went to work everyday with knots in my stomach to face another day. Extremely overworked and under appreciated.
Good Group
Patient Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2017
Close knit group after several years of working to unify a previously dysfunctional business office with the support of a new executive management team.
I ran away as fast as I could!!
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2017
This place felt toxic every single day, I was stressed out of my mind and it made me terribly depressed. I worked there for years as per diem and was never allowed to have full time because they didn't want to give people benefits. My shifts were definitely abusive, I was forced to work Saturdays, forced to work 2 hour and 4 hour shifts, forced to work on the mobile mammography van despite having severe motion sickness and IBS, forced to always be on call. When I say forced, I mean that if I didn't do it then the manager would tell me she would give all the hours to someone who "wanted to work". They ask you to leave if it is slow, and they under staff, even full time employees don't get 40 hours a week. Holiday pay is taken from your very limited PTO if you're full time and that is forced; it is not a choice. I was constantly looking for other jobs and as soon as I found one I left this place and never looked back. They fire people a lot and they do it with a big smile; the director loves to smile...
Run now
Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 4, 2017
The supervisor is very childish and brings all of her dating problems to work. Once you voice your opinion or tell the truth about her she finds a way to write you up. Upper management goes along with her unacceptable behavior the turnover rate is high due to her actions. She’s a huge liar. She’s not even a competent scheduler. Don’t waste your time it’s not worth it. No one really pulls their own weight. Don’t go full time your pay decreases about 2 dollars.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Poor work environment
Distributions Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 21, 2017
This has been one of my worst experience working at this hospital.
Disrespectful lead/team leader. Management is all about saving the bottom line. Unfriendly environment.
Where it all began
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 20, 2017
The facility has grown so much its hard to keep up with the overwhelming about of equipment and new people. And the distance of the walk to work from the parking garage is inconsiderate for the employees.
excellent place to work
RN Emergency Room Nurse Manageer Surgical unit (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 31, 2017
At the time I was there, we had an excellent leadership program and many opportunities for advancement, which I was able to take advantage of too increase my knowledge and skills.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Patient Advocate part-time (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work. Challenging, competitive and enjoyable. The CEO is very "hands on". Always looking for ways to provide the best customer service experience possible.
Fair place to work
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Fair place to work. Benefits are very good. But, employee parking is a hassle. Free and conveinte employee wellness clinic which is now open for dependents.
great work environment
Clinical research nurse -Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
its an awesome place to work, they offer great benefits and a competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and a friendly environment. great employee patient satisfaction
Stressful
Emergency Room Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 16, 2017
I worked in the Emergency Room. My co-workers were very childish and unprofessional. my salary was tremendously reduced and benefits suspended when I transferred to Per Diem status.
Everyday life
Rehab Support Associate Aide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2017
My hours consisted of working 5 days a week from 8am to 4:30pm with and uninterrupted 30 minute lunch break. Everyday I would wash tags, set up the swallow tray, clean and organize equipment, and assist therapists in their everyday working task so that they were able to perform their job.

Hardest part of the job was trying to find parking in the morning as there were limited places to park. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and new patients everyday to see what new stories would be told today.

Management was some what inconsistent. I have been there for 3 years in the department and I have had 3 different directors in this span. Everybody knew their job and performed exceptionally well.
Cons
Limited pay, not enough staff in some areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Boca Raton Regional Hospital Reviews by Location