Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

great company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 26, 2018
Boddie-Noell is a great company it has great visions and values and ithey believe in people. I've worked for the company my whole life just about since I was 16 years old and I'm grateful for the experience and the lessons I have learned.
Pros
free employee meals, good vision and dental insurance
Cons
poor medical insurance
My personal opinion
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 14, 2018
It’s an ok place to work at but I honestly would not recommend it to anyone. Some days it’s slow and others it’s busy. It’s just not for me personally.
fast paced fast food restaurant
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCAugust 7, 2018
I learned a lot at this company. I really enjoyed working for a Christian Company. The Management training school was a very informative training. I use some of the strategies taught there still today.
Pros
Employee meals
good place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAJuly 25, 2018
good place to work. really good for a teenager that is still in school. gives an opportunity to move up and take on more responsibility if you can handle it
It's been several years ,but i gained alot of experience ,knowledge,and mentoring with this company
general manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 10, 2018
I started with this company years ago as a second job delivering pizzas .I was offered assistant manager of delivery then manager of the pizza restaurant ,which at the time was the go to place for the citys' teenagers ,I learned a lot about fake ID's during this time ,I went to another division of the company that served a fast food style menu as well as fried chicken .Then began to re locate with the company and eventually managed a larger fast food style restaurant. This company was my base line teacher in customer communication skills, how to observe and watch for theft ,suspicious situations .how to critique yourself , profit and loss,budgets, how to handle the public ,hiring and firing and interviewing among many, many other qualifications that just get developed because of the career. I received valuable lessons from people working with this company and from my own experiences .
Pros
manager meetings with celebrity singers, bonus for good job
Cons
long hours, location emploment issues
Good place to work people are great good beneifits
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 22, 2018
Good place to work food is a little high but very good stores are clean and the employees for the most part friendly most of the management know what they are doing the company is in good hands
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Prices are a little high
Relaxed but not too relaxed
Hardees Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 9, 2018
I had a really good time working at Hardees, I met some amazing people that still continue to be of major importance in my life. It was pretty relaxed working there at times, but when we were busy we were REALLY busy. I did have some trouble with one of my managers, but that happens in every job. The managers that are there now are amazing and I would highly recommend anyone to work there!
Work advancement availability
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2018
The environment specifically is one of the worst, which makes the job much more difficult. However, the few team members you do have are strong and more than willing to share the tasks.
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
Understaffed; also in a bad environment.
Not a supportive workplace.
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAMay 2, 2018
Basically so desperate for people that they just throw you in ready or not. All about the all mighty dollar they make without taking care of the employees who make them that dollar. Upper level management sits back while lower level does all the hard work and then they take credit.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Nonsupportive upper level management.
crew member
Crew member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 24, 2018
Worked here when I was in twelfth grade...made me never want to work in fast food again. Just seems like they hire too many people who have nothing going for themselves so they start a lot of stuff.

Want to know more about Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Very fun and good to start work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed work here as it was very layed back when not busy and good when people came togther as a team, being able to get a discount on the food that they sell is also a very good upside.
Pros
Discounts and good people
Cons
Can get busy
An okay job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCMarch 5, 2018
The job is very relaxing and easy to do, until someone comes in with an attitude and want to jump on your case for no reason at all. Other people bring they problems to the work place, when that shouldn't.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Great place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hillsville, VAMarch 3, 2018
As long as you can handle the environment you can woek at Hardees. Great promotion opportunities. You always have something to do. You have benefits as long as you meet the benefit requirements
Pros
$5.00 lunch credit
Cons
Long shift. Employees call out
Family Based
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Boddie-Noell Enterprises, would be the perfect place to work if I had started there 20 years earlier. They are friendly, understanding, trust worthy and have respect for others. Most of the people there have been there 15 years and over, that should give you an example of how great it is to be employed with the company part-time or full time.
Pros
People
Cons
Tradition
Everything was fine until
Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJanuary 24, 2018
i feel like they don’t care like they say they do! The hours were long, the pay was barely above minimum wage ! And the management sucked ! The co workers were cool though!
Pros
Free lunches, co workers were GREAT! Rapid promotions IF you’re a hard worker
Cons
Poor management.
Was wonderful in NC. Terrible, terrible, terrible in VA!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Was exciting and great training in NC. Was there for over a year and then had to move to VA. You would think it was an entirely different company in VA. The company is based out of Rocky Mount, NC. Maybe that is why it was smooth there. Once in VA all I experienced was very long hours, the most hateful general manager
I have ever encountered in my life. To ask for time off was hardly ever approved and when it was then you had to suffer the consequences upon return with ridiculous 12-16 hour days. Long hours like that once in a while was fine, but, this was all the time. I was salaried and did not get extra compensation. Well, I did receive a $250 gift card one time. So, if you don't mind just working and sleeping, low pay with benefits, then this is the job for you!
Pros
$5.00 per shift for a meal, some benefits
Cons
no time for a life outside of work
Run run run
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 23, 2017
If you like being abused. Being told you are not doing your job correctly when you are go ahead be my guest. Or when some employees feel like can say that they will bust you to the white meat. Or shift mangers feel like they can put their hands on you...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dont work there
Boring work place
Hardees (Former Employee) –  Amelia Court House, VANovember 8, 2017
Hardee’s was a stressful place to
Work with no hours and no good pay and management was not very good or helpful everyone have attitudes and doesn’t like to get the work done
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Great Company to work for
manager for one of Boddie-Noell's franchises (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Management willing to work with you to advance further along. Had much fun working with my coworkers and management team. Will definitely go back if ever asked.
productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  3135 Riverside DriveAugust 29, 2017
Overall the company is an excellent one to work for if you enjoy serving people. However the company can receive poor management at times which will ultimately hurt the business. The hardest part of the day is when persons become stressed and attitudes flare. The most enjoyable is to see the customers satisfied with the service.