Bodycote Employee Reviews

Alright job
Heat treatment specialist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 5, 2018
its a job. i learned about heat treatment. management is alright. hardest part of job is withholding the heat. it jets too hot. the most enjoyable part of the work is getting paid.
Excellent
HEAT TREATER, MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 30, 2018
It was a laid back job. I really enjoyed working at this company and the people that I was working with. They took their time and trained me on other equipment in the company that I was not familiar with and took me under their wings. I really hated that my assignment ended.
Pros
I enjoyed the free lunches that they provided for our work performance once a month.
Cons
That they lay you off after your three months is up.
its and ok place to work for but the pay sucks for what all you have to do
B Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 15, 2018
It's fast paced and very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter needs some vents put in to keep all the smoke sucked out and you never know from one day till the next if when you get to work that your going to get sent back home for low work
Senior General Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 14, 2018
Everyone works together to provide a safe workplace that meets the needs of demanding customers and industries. A focus on culture and teamwork is what continues to make us successful. Upper management provides significant financial support to accomplish this.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
Customers and industries we serve can be demanding. This increases the challenge.
Fairly middle of the road
AP/AR INTERIM OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2018
I can't say anything really bad or good about this place.
Gossip ran a little rampant and from time to time you would see people ride the clock in the mornings.
But they tried to give back by buying lunch for the employees if goals were met in the previous month or the last day of the month while the workers were trying to meet goal.
Machine operator
Scraping parts and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
Very easy job I didn’t mind the heat! Learn good things everybody’s their are so kind if they would ask me to go back I would I won’t mind it’s a nice a job
Pros
Kind co workers
Cons
Nice breaks
working at bodycote
Production Supervisor/ Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2018
they need more people working there. Just barely have enough people to run the plant. If anyone calls in there is no back up. Need better training for the employees.
Pros
Cons
bad enviroment
large company with little direction
Group Manager Quality (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJuly 8, 2018
Continuous change of direction makes it a difficult place to work. Constant accordion of centralized then decentralized systems. Plants never know what direction they will be going.
Poor upper management
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  London, OHJuly 1, 2018
No support from upper management, upper management does not communicate. Poor employee relations
Poor new hire training on company operations, procedures, operating systems, inventory operations, outdated computer systems
need open disscusions
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 26, 2018
was but 2nd shift didn't have I hilo driver as needed this was a big down fall to working there, there should be more talk between the shift supervisors first shift wouldn't listen to or open to new ideas
it was ok
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2018
I don't have much to say about this place. The hardest part about the job would be the hours. The management was decent. I learned that hard work can go a long way.
Pros
Money
Cons
Heat
Corporate is too involved in day to day operations.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Oersite by corporate can at times be cumbersome. Takes too long to make decisions on budget. Hiring practices are not thorough enough. Safety is a primary concern.
Very old and antiquated atmosphere manager was very controlling and cut throat.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
This place is very hostile and not understanding at all, they provide no training and expect you to just get it with the old systems they have in place. Manager is very mean and yells at employees and talks down to everyone.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Bad management can ruin a job
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 8, 2018
This company was great to work for in the first 4 years. We had an excellent team of IT pros. Then there was a leadership change and morale went in the tank. Good work was no longer rewarded in favor of compliance to the regime. Unless IT management changes I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Horrible IT Management
relaxed but lack of integrity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 11, 2018
They expect you to do your job. This company has some people in upper management without a back bone. I know the saying that the customer might not always be right but they are still the customer, but There are some things that the customer will never be correct on and that is company policies. They expect you to abide by security and company policies, but sometimes it makes you look negative in the customers eyes. If the customer doesn't like it, they can call upper management and get you in trouble just because they were dissatisfied. I down know....seems like a witch hunt at times especially during reviews and auditing time. Vice president and that upper management are too quick to conclusion and don't give many people that were let go a chance. They will keep you on for probationary period only to let you go a day before its up and hire a temporary person to fill the position in between full time hired people.
Cons
Upper Management, scheduled breaks
Bodycote
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 20, 2018
This company was a cut-thoat company to work for. The management team were never there to help you when you needed them, the manager would toss the documents back at you and tell you to figure it out. If you needed help you had to ask someone else from anther department. You were constantly on watch for every little thing you did. The software was in another language and was hard to understand.
Hot, Dirty, Heavy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 5, 2018
If you love working in a sauna and getting paid for it, then this is the place for you. If you love body building and heavy lifting then this is the job for you! If you love being covered in grease, then this job is for you! If you love working with people with bad attitudes, that hate life and that hate anything not personally pontificating them, then this job is for you! If you love working harder because people call in on a constant basis, then THIS job is definately for you!
Pros
End of shift
Cons
everything.
Very hot
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
Good job if you can stand the heat they do have water machines an vending machines but make sure to bring water bottle or whatever you like to drink
Below Average
Parts Washer/Packer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Small company with a big issue with management. Long hours with few oppertunites for raises or promotions. Not the best employment compared to others in the same field
Manager at fast placed autotive site
Nitriding manager and heat treatment specialist (Current Employee) –  United KingdomJanuary 16, 2018
Bodycote is a great place to learn and advance your career. There many opportunities at this company. It is a tough industry so don’t expect a free meal ticket. I enjoy the fast past and good salary.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Tough industrial for a tough character