Bodycote Employee Reviews

Great people at local level
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2018
The corporate politics can be frustrating and opportunities to advance were limited. However, the people worked well as a team at the local level and I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
location
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 5, 2018
I loved the people i worked with. Built loads for the furnaces. My boss was awesome. It was a very lad back place to work and the people were awesome.
this plant will end up closing
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCOctober 18, 2018
The management is clueless about heat treatment which is the core business. Bodycote business model is to only have one person per plant that knows anything about heat treating. Unfortunately that is not the GM or VP. Unrealistic sales goals and non-competitive pricing will end up closing this plant. Cut throat work environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
productive and fun place to work
Thermal Processor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
it was a fun new learning experience....everyone was helpful. This is a face paced enviroment and very hot!!! This is a place where safety is important
Focusecd on wringing out profits on old and tired equipment
VP of Additive Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCOctober 1, 2018
Makes a lot of money on running a very lean organization with older technology equipment. ADE is well run. The HIP division focuses on legacy markets.
Great place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I hope Bodycote resurrects itself from the ashes and flies. Its a great company. The company has done so much to maintain what they have until a new place is rebuilt.
Alright job
Heat treatment specialist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 5, 2018
its a job. i learned about heat treatment. management is alright. hardest part of job is withholding the heat. it jets too hot. the most enjoyable part of the work is getting paid.
the walmart of heat treat
Assistant Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CASeptember 4, 2018
Bodycote was filled with untrained management. Supervisors who had been there for so long and never would leave the position. Growth was impossible and the hours were long. The management were rude and uncaring of the needs of the employees.
Excellent
HEAT TREATER, MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 30, 2018
It was a laid back job. I really enjoyed working at this company and the people that I was working with. They took their time and trained me on other equipment in the company that I was not familiar with and took me under their wings. I really hated that my assignment ended.
Pros
I enjoyed the free lunches that they provided for our work performance once a month.
Cons
That they lay you off after your three months is up.
its and ok place to work for but the pay sucks for what all you have to do
B Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 15, 2018
It's fast paced and very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter needs some vents put in to keep all the smoke sucked out and you never know from one day till the next if when you get to work that your going to get sent back home for low work
Senior General Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 14, 2018
Everyone works together to provide a safe workplace that meets the needs of demanding customers and industries. A focus on culture and teamwork is what continues to make us successful. Upper management provides significant financial support to accomplish this.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
Customers and industries we serve can be demanding. This increases the challenge.
Fairly middle of the road
AP/AR INTERIM OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2018
I can't say anything really bad or good about this place.
Gossip ran a little rampant and from time to time you would see people ride the clock in the mornings.
But they tried to give back by buying lunch for the employees if goals were met in the previous month or the last day of the month while the workers were trying to meet goal.
Machine operator
Scraping parts and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
Very easy job I didn’t mind the heat! Learn good things everybody’s their are so kind if they would ask me to go back I would I won’t mind it’s a nice a job
Pros
Kind co workers
Cons
Nice breaks
working at bodycote
Production Supervisor/ Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2018
they need more people working there. Just barely have enough people to run the plant. If anyone calls in there is no back up. Need better training for the employees.
Pros
Cons
bad enviroment
large company with little direction
Group Manager Quality (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJuly 8, 2018
Continuous change of direction makes it a difficult place to work. Constant accordion of centralized then decentralized systems. Plants never know what direction they will be going.
Poor upper management
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  London, OHJuly 1, 2018
No support from upper management, upper management does not communicate. Poor employee relations
Poor new hire training on company operations, procedures, operating systems, inventory operations, outdated computer systems
need open disscusions
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 26, 2018
was but 2nd shift didn't have I hilo driver as needed this was a big down fall to working there, there should be more talk between the shift supervisors first shift wouldn't listen to or open to new ideas
it was ok
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2018
I don't have much to say about this place. The hardest part about the job would be the hours. The management was decent. I learned that hard work can go a long way.
Pros
Money
Cons
Heat
Corporate is too involved in day to day operations.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Oersite by corporate can at times be cumbersome. Takes too long to make decisions on budget. Hiring practices are not thorough enough. Safety is a primary concern.
Very old and antiquated atmosphere manager was very controlling and cut throat.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
This place is very hostile and not understanding at all, they provide no training and expect you to just get it with the old systems they have in place. Manager is very mean and yells at employees and talks down to everyone.
Pros
Cons
Bad management