Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Quality Assurance Specialist II AH Global Quality (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2018
Learned alot during my time here. Went from being entry level to being an awesome leader from my mentors and managers. I would refer anyone here because it was an overall great experience.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
Great place to be
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 16, 2018
Excellent job, benefits, work life balance and people. There is a lot of change but seems standard in the industry now.

I have worked as an individual contributor as well as global company initiatives and all have been fun and challenging.
Pros
benefits, work life balance and people
Cons
advancement and growth
Great training and autonomy
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Boehringer Ingelheim is a wonderful company to work for and provides autonomy working in the field. You are responsible for achieving your own goals with the collaboration of a small team. There are many opportunities to advance your career and continue to grow.
N/a
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work is different based on what area of practice you are in. There are both manufacturing and corporate careers available. The colleagues are great to work with in either area.
Good company to work for
Process Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 30, 2018
Good company to work for. I had a very educational internship experience. Everyone in my team was very helpful and always available to help. I had the correct balance of independence and support.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Does not provide visa at entry level
Benefits lock you in, but the culture is chaotic
Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 27, 2018
For the Midwest, the pay and benefits of BIVI are hard to match. Fairly competitive pay, good insurance, time off, etc. After a recent merger the managers are impossible to find almost all the time. They spend too much time trying to avoid making a wrong decision and end up making no decisions at all. The company goals are not achievable and no effort is made to hire more people to reduce impossible work loads.
Lots of negativity and gossip. Usually the loudest person wins in meetings. Alignment of priorities across the organization is almost nonexistent. Most of my day is spent trying to figure out why people are not responding to my requests. I figure out that my priorities are completely different from theirs and no manager is willing to make a decision on which one is more important.
Cell Lab was the worst place to work
Cell Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA 30601September 26, 2018
The team and I use that word very loosely was a complete mess, the work/life balance sucked. I was even physically and verbally threatened by a co-worker and they still kept this employee around.
My supervisor would text me at all hours of the day, days off and even when I was on leave. Worst place to work.
Excellent company.
Therapeutic Business Specialist - Respiratory (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 16, 2018
Boehringer Ingelheim is an excellent company. The products are very good and the company makes decisions for long term viability. Management is generally realistic and capable.
Great Place to work
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2018
The compensation is on the lower end of industry market value. Management is comprised of expats that could benefit from a better understanding of the US market and culture.
compliance takes fun of IT job away
Senior Principal System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 6, 2018
IT department has been focusing off-shoring, moving to low cost country and software as service... which makes the place less attracting to technical oriented talents.
Pros
over documentation
Cons
manageable work load
Productive and always busy
Senior Consultant - CRM IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 6, 2018
Company was about progression and advancement. Hectic at times and always work to do. It was a busy place and always recruting new clients. The company cared deeply about their clients and customers
Cons
worklife balance
I love working here
Temp in QC (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 27, 2018
I still work For BIVI and they are very very good to me. I am only a temp but feel part of the team as a full time employee. They are generous and the hours allow me to be with my family.. I really hope full time becomes available to me.
hard working employee and management culture, great mentorship
Asthma Respiratory Specialist/Diabetes Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great job opportunity. Taught me so much in terms of sales, marketing, and sales technology. How to manage a territory, its customers and products. Helped to tailor one on one dialogue with heath care professionals and how to sell to different health care providers. Drove me to sell and educate all members of health care staff; including nurses, doctors, MAs, PAs, office managers and pharmacists. Within less than six months was able to exceed all sales goals for the quarter. Continued to have success throughout the next 2 years. Great managers and coworkers.
Pros
guidance, career direction, goal-setting
Cons
solo work, lack of team environment
Busy and well balanced
Associate III, Quality Systems (Current Employee) –  QAAugust 21, 2018
I have enjoyed my job immensely - I love the people I work with, and what I do. I'd like to further my career here but there are few possibilities for advancement.
Difficult environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 11, 2018
Immediate supervisor was great, though I was hired to train employees that made double my yearly salary. Job security was not there due to frequent company by-outs.
Management only cares about the bottom line!
Aseptic specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 9, 2018
Worked there for 38 years. For most of the time it was OK. But the last few years it was a mad house. My dept seemed to to be out of control. Very long hrs. With little to no time off! Pay is good. But they work you in the ground. I made my mistake and they fired me. If you work there watch your back. Take it from me. They don't care about you! Just what they can get from you!
Pros
Good pay, insurance
Cons
Long hours, little to no time off. Poor management
Difficult transformation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJuly 31, 2018
Outstanding new leaders charged to drive a high performing culture with a mission to innovate drugs to better lives. What I learned is transformation takes time.
After working as an Administrator, having 65 Dr./Residents to maintain they're livelyhood, schedules and numerous Associations, this job was easy.
Administrative Asst/Contractor-Medical (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJuly 26, 2018
A typical work day wa Assisting Administrators. I learned Travel/Expense, Scheduled the VP's travel arrangements as well as many other Dr.'s. The manager had her favorites and as I excelled beyond expectations she fired me as being a slow learner, I was a temp, so my temp agency called and told me that and it didn't surprise me, it was cut throat, to say the least at BI. There was no hard part. The fun part was the diversity of colleagues, I just love people.
Pros
good money
Cons
poor management
Management at BI
Principal Specialist Manufacturing Compliance (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 23, 2018
Although it feels like the Senior leadership is not in touch with the culture and issues on the MFG floor, my direct Manager is exceptional good. She is always teaching us and provides very constructive feedback.
Pros
Good benefits and work life balance
Cons
Poor vision coverage
Productive and Progressive workplace
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 21, 2018
This company has guidelines in place to ensure the highest standard quality of methods within each department. In my own experience each person held their own integrity working by themselves or in a team to achieve results.
Pros
lengthy training curriculum
Cons
difficult to get hired on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight