Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews

Difficult environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 11, 2018
Immediate supervisor was great, though I was hired to train employees that made double my yearly salary. Job security was not there due to frequent company by-outs.
Management only cares about the bottom line!
Aseptic specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 9, 2018
Worked there for 38 years. For most of the time it was OK. But the last few years it was a mad house. My dept seemed to to be out of control. Very long hrs. With little to no time off! Pay is good. But they work you in the ground. I made my mistake and they fired me. If you work there watch your back. Take it from me. They don't care about you! Just what they can get from you!
Pros
Good pay, insurance
Cons
Long hours, little to no time off. Poor management
Difficult transformation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJuly 31, 2018
Outstanding new leaders charged to drive a high performing culture with a mission to innovate drugs to better lives. What I learned is transformation takes time.
After working as an Administrator, having 65 Dr./Residents to maintain they're livelyhood, schedules and numerous Associations, this job was easy.
Administrative Asst/Contractor-Medical (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJuly 26, 2018
A typical work day wa Assisting Administrators. I learned Travel/Expense, Scheduled the VP's travel arrangements as well as many other Dr.'s. The manager had her favorites and as I excelled beyond expectations she fired me as being a slow learner, I was a temp, so my temp agency called and told me that and it didn't surprise me, it was cut throat, to say the least at BI. There was no hard part. The fun part was the diversity of colleagues, I just love people.
Pros
good money
Cons
poor management
Management at BI
Principal Specialist Manufacturing Compliance (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 23, 2018
Although it feels like the Senior leadership is not in touch with the culture and issues on the MFG floor, my direct Manager is exceptional good. She is always teaching us and provides very constructive feedback.
Pros
Good benefits and work life balance
Cons
Poor vision coverage
Productive and Progressive workplace
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 21, 2018
This company has guidelines in place to ensure the highest standard quality of methods within each department. In my own experience each person held their own integrity working by themselves or in a team to achieve results.
Pros
lengthy training curriculum
Cons
difficult to get hired on
BI did not own my company during my employment dates
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
BI did not own my company during my employment dates. I can not answer any questions regarding a new acquisition that I was not part of in regards to compensation, management, workplace culture etc
Bi
Purification Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 18, 2018
This place is like a chicken with its head cut off running and bashing into everything. Those making the decisions at the top have no idea what is actually going on in the clean room. I found it sad how such a well known company can't figure out how to comunicate.
Biotech
Senior Associate in Cell Culture (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 12, 2018
Manufactured pharmaceutical drugs in a clean room setting. Had to wear tyveck suits and maintain clean room GMP's. High importance for attention to detail.
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work
Productive and fun work place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is very laid back and the enviroment is friendly. the management team is ver hands on and is always in labs work . Great team members
Pros
long breaks
Cons
heat
Productive and very professional environment
Sr. Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 8, 2018
Very quiet place to work. People are focused and helpful. Had really nice Manager and Director of Accounts Payable. Enjoyable part was when recognizing birthdays to the employees. What I have learned is the company keeps the employees well informed of success, culture activities and new product developments.
Pros
Inside cafeteria
Good company to work for
Senior Associate Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 4, 2018
Treated with respect, values diversity compensated fairly, needs to work on work life balance. Work remotely, too much travel.

Mixed messages from management about culture.
ok to work there
Integrated Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 2, 2018
not unusual, recently went through reorg, lots of rebalancing of staff, very insecure environment finally bouncing back, ok management, nice people, ok pay
Great Company.
THERAPUTIC BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 28, 2018
Overall, Boehringer-Ingelheim is a great company to work for. The Company has best in class diabetes products that are market leaders in the industry.
Pros
Vacation days.
Informative hands on research internship
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJune 28, 2018
- conduct experiments in microbiology lab
- excel data analysis
- regular meetings/presentation
- constant guidance from mentors aiding learning
- presented summer project
- overall great hands on learning experience in lab
Pros
high hourly pay for intern
Cons
only temporary position
Review summary
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ingelheim am Rhein - GermanyJune 28, 2018
This varies. For instance, the number of meetings one participates in depends on your role and level. However, the culture of diversity and inclusion is at the heart of all that is done in the day to day work in the company
Good Work Life balance
Research and Development (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJune 26, 2018
There is a false image provided by the company that it is safe to take risk. This IS NOT TRUE. You can and will be let go for setbacks. The management is mostly diverse and it is well known they have quota goals. That is why I would not recommend being a straight male over the age of 40. You will not last long.
Pros
Work-life balance, pay and beneifts
Cons
Management, Communication, Age restrictions
Worked as an Inside Sales Rep on the phones with small clinics
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 21, 2018
I would call clinic and try and sell our pet vaccines to clinics who may not have regular reps come by. I would educate them on our products if they had not heard of them and place orders if needed.
Pros
Learning about vaccines, educating others, talking to people all over the US
Cons
On the phones 8/hr days, not a lot of sales involved, no where to move up.
It was a nice place to work
Clinical Research Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Northport, NYJune 19, 2018
Assistant Director was supportive and colleagues were supportive. The Managers were supportive and consistently to provide guidance and assistance. The training and camaraderie with colleagues was supportive. .
Pros
Great Comradarie
Cons
Change of leadership and culture
Great place to work but little to no advancement opportunity
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
I worked at Boehringer-Ingelheim for 7 years. I enjoyed my time and value the lessons learned while at BI but unfortunately there was little to no advancement opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight