Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews

Great contract- management and members of my pod
inVentiv Health U.S. Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working on this contract. I had great pod mates with whom I worked very well with. I was on this contract from the beginning until the end.
Loved my time there
Training Coordinator; Yoh Contractor onsite (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTNovember 28, 2018
Had a great experience at BI, but unfortunately I was a contract employee and was only there for 24 months. They were not able to hire me full-time at the end of my contract, so I had to leave. It was a well-paced job, with some slow days and some very fast-paced days. I'd definitely take a job there again.
Pros
Nice people, cafeteria on site, covered parking
Cons
contract position - set end date
High employee morale
Consultant Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 27, 2018
It was very difficult to learn what the company wanted in terms of its documentation goals. Many of the people that I worked with had been there for several years and enjoyed their work experiences.
Great management and support
Senior Clinical Research Associate and Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
I started my career as a Independent Senior CRA and was recommended to assume a role a manager for trials in the USA.There was great camaraderie and support. I remain in contact with many colleagues. Unfortunately many positions were outsourced and many resigned from the company. It was a great learning experience for many therapeutic areas. Working with the clinical teams and sites was most enjoyable. Its great to earn respect and gain a great working collaboration to accomplish a goal and meet timelines.
Pros
Management, colleague and site support
Cons
travel at times
The opportunity for advancement, do your time and it was rewarding.
Emergency Medical Technician/ Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 1, 2018
Starting as a security officer at the main desk. After three months promoted to a supervisor within the plant, Later moved to the employee clinic as the RN assistant, and security.
Pros
The ability to learn and advance
Cons
Facility closed indefinitely
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2018
One of my most enjoyable experiences. Unfortunately the pipeline was not as robust. I would love to work there again. Management was invested in my success.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 20, 2018
This company is always growing and treats you like your family. The job is producing/handling FDA regulated pharmaceuticals and you must be both accurate and careful, along with trustworthy.
Great place to learn
Quality Assurance Specialist II AH Global Quality (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2018
Learned alot during my time here. Went from being entry level to being an awesome leader from my mentors and managers. I would refer anyone here because it was an overall great experience.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
Great place to be
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 16, 2018
Excellent job, benefits, work life balance and people. There is a lot of change but seems standard in the industry now.

I have worked as an individual contributor as well as global company initiatives and all have been fun and challenging.
Pros
benefits, work life balance and people
Cons
advancement and growth
Great training and autonomy
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Boehringer Ingelheim is a wonderful company to work for and provides autonomy working in the field. You are responsible for achieving your own goals with the collaboration of a small team. There are many opportunities to advance your career and continue to grow.
N/a
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work is different based on what area of practice you are in. There are both manufacturing and corporate careers available. The colleagues are great to work with in either area.
Good company to work for
Process Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 30, 2018
Good company to work for. I had a very educational internship experience. Everyone in my team was very helpful and always available to help. I had the correct balance of independence and support.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Does not provide visa at entry level
Benefits lock you in, but the culture is chaotic
Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 27, 2018
For the Midwest, the pay and benefits of BIVI are hard to match. Fairly competitive pay, good insurance, time off, etc. After a recent merger the managers are impossible to find almost all the time. They spend too much time trying to avoid making a wrong decision and end up making no decisions at all. The company goals are not achievable and no effort is made to hire more people to reduce impossible work loads.
Lots of negativity and gossip. Usually the loudest person wins in meetings. Alignment of priorities across the organization is almost nonexistent. Most of my day is spent trying to figure out why people are not responding to my requests. I figure out that my priorities are completely different from theirs and no manager is willing to make a decision on which one is more important.
Cell Lab was the worst place to work
Cell Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA 30601September 26, 2018
The team and I use that word very loosely was a complete mess, the work/life balance sucked. I was even physically and verbally threatened by a co-worker and they still kept this employee around.
My supervisor would text me at all hours of the day, days off and even when I was on leave. Worst place to work.
Excellent company.
Therapeutic Business Specialist - Respiratory (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 16, 2018
Boehringer Ingelheim is an excellent company. The products are very good and the company makes decisions for long term viability. Management is generally realistic and capable.
Great Place to work
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2018
The compensation is on the lower end of industry market value. Management is comprised of expats that could benefit from a better understanding of the US market and culture.
compliance takes fun of IT job away
Senior Principal System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 6, 2018
IT department has been focusing off-shoring, moving to low cost country and software as service... which makes the place less attracting to technical oriented talents.
Pros
over documentation
Cons
manageable work load
Productive and always busy
Senior Consultant - CRM IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 6, 2018
Company was about progression and advancement. Hectic at times and always work to do. It was a busy place and always recruting new clients. The company cared deeply about their clients and customers
Cons
worklife balance
I love working here
Temp in QC (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 27, 2018
I still work For BIVI and they are very very good to me. I am only a temp but feel part of the team as a full time employee. They are generous and the hours allow me to be with my family.. I really hope full time becomes available to me.
hard working employee and management culture, great mentorship
Asthma Respiratory Specialist/Diabetes Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great job opportunity. Taught me so much in terms of sales, marketing, and sales technology. How to manage a territory, its customers and products. Helped to tailor one on one dialogue with heath care professionals and how to sell to different health care providers. Drove me to sell and educate all members of health care staff; including nurses, doctors, MAs, PAs, office managers and pharmacists. Within less than six months was able to exceed all sales goals for the quarter. Continued to have success throughout the next 2 years. Great managers and coworkers.
Pros
guidance, career direction, goal-setting
Cons
solo work, lack of team environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight