Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 1,246 reviews
Management only cares about the bottom line!
Aseptic specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 9, 2018
Worked there for 38 years. For most of the time it was OK. But the last few years it was a mad house. My dept seemed to to be out of control. Very long hrs. With little to no time off! Pay is good. But they work you in the ground. I made my mistake and they fired me. If you work there watch your back. Take it from me. They don't care about you! Just what they can get from you!
Pros
Good pay, insurance
Cons
Long hours, little to no time off. Poor management
Pharmacovigilance Analyst
Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Joseph, MissouriAugust 7, 2013
Fort Dodge Animal Health / Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. was an amazing place to work. The people were like a family and we always looked out for each other. Most of the employees had been there for over 10 years before Pfizer purchased Wyeth and Fort Dodge Animal Health was split. My job was divested to BI located in St Joseph Misouri. It was a 90 mile one way commute which is why I had to leave to find work closer to home.
Pros
People, Benefits, Pay, Advancement
Disappointing experience
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  DuluthaMarch 25, 2013
I was so excited about this job. I resigned from a job I held for three years because I thought it was a good opportunity. A recent grad, It would be the first job that would allow me to use my degree. I brought product manuals home and studied each night. I thought I was doing well as all feedback was positive. You can't imagine my dismay when I received a call later that evening that my services were no longer required. Why would they not tell me if there was an issue? I constantly asked for feedback and was always looking for ways to do better. It's disappointing that Merial can be so cavalier with my future and livelihood
Pros
the vet techs were nice
Cons
no feedback or constructive criticism provided to gauge performance
No Backbone drope way down .
Dispensing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43228March 28, 2017
That was a good job and was a great company at BI I was working there15 year but, after the company got soled I have no more job .
If you have no back bone or you don't know how kiss boss #@%$ you out of luck . Friendly re-minding Think be for you do . If you apply for the job.
Pros
Free Hot dog
Cons
Not under standing what employee needs
Contract too long
vet tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 26, 2016
This was my first contract job I had with my Biology degree while living in Atlanta.
It was customer service inbound calls.... enough said.
People call and complain about the product. You are suppose to tell them how the product works. They don't believe you. You repeat until you get off. You do that for the length of your contract.
Pros
bonus if you complete contract
Cons
working with public
Rewarding Career
Chem Tech IV - Synthesis 3 Production Building (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 4, 2013
Boehringer has been one of the best jobs I have had the pleasure of working. They are very professional and fair in all their dealings. I am a Chemical Technician IV which involves all stages of production of API's.I enjoyed the everyday work of production and working with some of the finest workers in the industry. I have enjoyed knowing that what I did everyday helped improve and save lives, what more could someone ask of a career. I had planned on staying with them until retirement, but now I am excited about the chance to show another company my work ethics and commitment. The hardest thing is for the last few years was not knowing the future of our site.
Pros
Benefits, Rewards and recognition for a job well done, Celebrations at milestones.
Cons
Job ending, Not seeing the people I now work with.
Productive and rewarding place
Respiratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2016
BI offers great resources when needed to assist in managing your territory.
You can manage your schedule based on your territory analysis.
Great environment and helpful coworkers.
Pros
Great Resources
Cons
Your boss rides with you and could feel imposing or uncomfortable to your clients
Good money, nice people, terrible communication
Aseptic Filling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 28, 2017
I loved working here. The job was simple, the coworkers got along for the most part, and the money was good! They overwork their employees at times, but that's any factory.
Great workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work, good people to work with. Overall good work environment and opportunities to grow with the company making more money and different branches
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2013
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work. Some of the cons is that management can be extremely distant. Often don't get the support you need to do your job.
Purchased by West-Ward, a HIKMA Company
Technician/TSMET (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2016
The same statement made for West-Ward, the only that has changed is the company name and owners so far. I love my job and enjoy working with the everyone within the company.
Great place
Mail tech (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Great job no advancement but a good career if you have the right schooling and experience to stick with it. very friendly day in and day out lots of projects going on and people seem to be busy all the time
great company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 20, 2013
BI really seems to care about their employees. They try very hard to help you balance your work life and home life.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
12 hour shifts
Institutional Sales
Institutional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTFebruary 22, 2013
I enjoy the customer-focus aspect of the hospital sales job.
Pros
strong pipeline
Cons
work/life balance