Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews for Technician

Great workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work, good people to work with. Overall good work environment and opportunities to grow with the company making more money and different branches
Contract too long
vet tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 26, 2016
This was my first contract job I had with my Biology degree while living in Atlanta.
It was customer service inbound calls.... enough said.
People call and complain about the product. You are suppose to tell them how the product works. They don't believe you. You repeat until you get off. You do that for the length of your contract.
Pros
bonus if you complete contract
Cons
working with public
Purchased by West-Ward, a HIKMA Company
Technician/TSMET (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2016
The same statement made for West-Ward, the only that has changed is the company name and owners so far. I love my job and enjoy working with the everyone within the company.
Great place
Mail tech (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Great job no advancement but a good career if you have the right schooling and experience to stick with it. very friendly day in and day out lots of projects going on and people seem to be busy all the time
Productive workplace
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 11, 2013
Varying day to day schedule, as is the typical requirement when dealing with biologics. A very fast paced work environment. There wasn't much of an interaction with upper management and the production departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Healthcare/benefits
Cons
Yearly raises
Rewarding Career
Chem Tech IV - Synthesis 3 Production Building (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 4, 2013
Boehringer has been one of the best jobs I have had the pleasure of working. They are very professional and fair in all their dealings. I am a Chemical Technician IV which involves all stages of production of API's.I enjoyed the everyday work of production and working with some of the finest workers in the industry. I have enjoyed knowing that what I did everyday helped improve and save lives, what more could someone ask of a career. I had planned on staying with them until retirement, but now I am excited about the chance to show another company my work ethics and commitment. The hardest thing is for the last few years was not knowing the future of our site.
Pros
Benefits, Rewards and recognition for a job well done, Celebrations at milestones.
Cons
Job ending, Not seeing the people I now work with.
great company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 20, 2013
BI really seems to care about their employees. They try very hard to help you balance your work life and home life.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
12 hour shifts
Disappointing experience
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  DuluthaMarch 25, 2013
I was so excited about this job. I resigned from a job I held for three years because I thought it was a good opportunity. A recent grad, It would be the first job that would allow me to use my degree. I brought product manuals home and studied each night. I thought I was doing well as all feedback was positive. You can't imagine my dismay when I received a call later that evening that my services were no longer required. Why would they not tell me if there was an issue? I constantly asked for feedback and was always looking for ways to do better. It's disappointing that Merial can be so cavalier with my future and livelihood
Pros
the vet techs were nice
Cons
no feedback or constructive criticism provided to gauge performance
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2013
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work. Some of the cons is that management can be extremely distant. Often don't get the support you need to do your job.
Productive and clean work environment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 26, 2012
Merial has provided a great entry-level GMP laboratory environment to begin my career. My department tasks go along with the skills that I acquired at ATC. Daily, I work in a level 2 aseptic environment with live or inactive antigens formulating and pooling large volumes of animal pharmaceuticals.
My biggest complaint of my job is the last minute schedule changes, not that it is a difficult task to accomodate, it is more of a danger to the product as there are always contamination possibilites and with late changes and rushing to do processes it opens the door for errors.
I enjoy the people I work with the most.