Boeing
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Boeing:

Boeing Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA116 reviews
Exciting company.
World known. Exciting missions, and receptive management. Great company culture. Challenging, exciting work. Good benefits, and pay. Very excited to see where the company will go.
It's the Boeing Company, what else can you say?
Premiere place for both newly graduated and experienced candidates. Good work / life balance for a subject matter expert. Training is available and plentiful. My view is that of an experienced candidate expecting this to be my last place of employment prior to retirement.
fun
excellent, great work place. love to work for the company. Boeing is the best place to be. I can never envoy the work experience and everything provided to make my work easy.
Good Working Environment
I worked as a contracted employee so I can't speak for Boeing Corporate.

Where I worked, everyone was very nice and did their best to help me achieve my goals. The only reason I left was because I wanted to dive deeper into the IT field, which is what I studied, and they simply didn't have the opportunities available to me on that contract.
Productive environment
With Boeing, you will learn a great deal to improve, strengthen your knowledge, leadership, and skills for future endeavors. You enhance your management skills to the fullest.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The Boeing Company is a great place to be
I have been thoroughly impressed with my time at Boeing. Their is a great work environment and the people are extremely friendly and go out of there way to help you. Pay and benefits are on par with the best in any industry, and they are constantly adding new benefits in order to attract top talent.
Too much drama
Good company just have manager's and co workers that want to not be team players if you do a good job ppl are jealous and set you up to fail attitude.
Great Place to work
Boeing is a great place to work just looking to change locations and get back to OKC. The company has many opportunities but has it challenges as well like any large company. I'd recommend Boeing to anyone.
Not a Good Place to Work
Typical Day: Being lectured on how the higher ups are putting pressure on the project and being asked to work weekends. My typical day included documenting test procedures. There was very poor/non existent documentation on how the software could be tested, and when developers were asked how to test their software, a lot of the time, they did not know.
Culture: Work until you burn out.

Hardest Part: Figuring out how to get work done with no clear given direction.

Most Enjoyable Part: Employers won't care if you take a 1 hour lunch.
Great technology
Boeing Defense is an amazing place to work. We shape the next generation of the defense industry, and work with all levels of NASA, the DoD and international defense organizations.
Fairfax / Fair Lakes VA
Far too many dysfunctional coworkers at this location and repetitive work abuses observed about same. Manager reported at SC location and she did not observe the abuses first hand so she rarely took control over the incidents. Disruptive work environment was thus "allowed" to continue almost unchecked. This same ineffective manager routinely scored in the 40-50% (of 100%) employee approval rating. Miserable place to work due to coworkers who seemingly got away with almost daily workplace abuses.
good start but not a good place
Management was horrible ! Co workers were ok ! Do your job and go home ! Worst job ever! If you don't kiss butt you wont get anywhere ! tell manages issues and they do not care.
Good Company
Software Engineer and Tester providing support as a tester/developer for large Enterprise project. Technologies used: Java/JEE, JQuey,Tomcat, Marklogic, Eclipse IDE, Phyton,JUnit, Selenium, JMeter, Agile/Test Driven development.

Duties included:

• Java ETL scripting

• Running ETL process

• Database back ups
Decent place to work
Overall very positive experience in my 15+ years with the company. I had the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way. Boeing offers opportunities for training and continuing education and encourages good work / life balance.
Learning environment
Boeing has several different business units. One of the only companies where you can potentially work in every profession. Boeing has been around for 100yrs, so there is a great sense of pride about staying true to the Boeing Values and mission statement. Being a century-year-old company has its cons as well. Most business functions still operate through manuel excel spreadsheets. There isn't a digital dashboard or one-stop-shop. IMO too much time, is exhausted building powerpoints and ensuring the data is accurate to report the same churn instead of spending time analyzing the data to provide management direction.
Boeing will be around for the long-run, so job security is warm and fuzzy. Core business units push you to earn every penny, Not a place for you to clock in and clock out. Come to Boeing ready to put on your hard hat and go to work!
Great place to work !
Like I said it was a great place to work. I enjoyed the work I got to do. Got to work on a variety of different projects doing different things which where at times were very challenging. That's what I enjoyed !
I just was very sad when there was a reduction in force,RIF, after Boeing came in.
Is Good but Could be Much Better
My work is fast paced and interesting. I work with motivated people. That makes the job bearable. But management that isn't properly engaged makes the work stressful.
electronics technician
tested circuit boards and located faulty parts and had certified solders technicians to replace the parts. assembly units and conducted testing of the units before being shipped to the customer
Pros
pay, benefits, work schedules
Cons
second shift, traffic
Engineering Director at Boeing
I was one of the managers responsible for all the engineering systems, interconnections, LAN/WANs/SATs connectivity, CCITT and Orange book knowledge and systems, as well as projects directly working with NASA as the site PM.
Pros
excellent work and knowledge
Why is this needed
I do not wish to give one and do not understand why this is a portion of my submission, this seems stupid. Please change this and make it optional because I should not have to do it.
non productive
people not working.

people on social network.

projects turned in late.

too much socializing.

no way to advance skills.

people were not helpful.

workplace culture was bad.
Pros
Cons
people not caring
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9K
2.6K
1.4K
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

26%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

36%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.