Boeing Employee Reviews

Found 5,725 reviews matching the search See all 5,946 reviews
Many options
Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 20, 2018
Boeing provides an opportunity for people to work in commercial business, to support our warfighters by working in the defense business, or even to specialize in their function by working in the business that serves all customers. Once you hire on at Boeing, you can work here for a lifetime.
Structured and Organized
Test Evaluation Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 19, 2018
Boeing was a great place to work. Unfortunately we were laid off and Boeing did not bring me back. I do truly miss it. The working hours were great, the pay was great and the benefits were amazing. Again, I miss it.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Did not uphold commitment to employees
Not the dream it is advertised as
Human Resource Generalist Level III (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2018
There are constant layoffs. There is subtle covered up discrimination in place throughout the site which is ignored by upper leadership. Management is protected and non-management is 'laid off' in order to continue the discriminatory practices.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Subtle discrimination
Terrible for women
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SeattleNovember 17, 2018
They have no clue how to invest in their people. Engineering is sub-par, way too much management and stuffy environment. The final product is cool though.
Pros
Work groups can change
Cons
Low pay for engineering
Excellent work enviroment
F-15E Structures modification technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 17, 2018
Great company to work for. I learned a lot and would absolutely be willing to come back to the boeing company as long as its not in Goldsboro North carolina
Pros
Great team
Cons
short breaks
Boeing is a nice place to work with wonderful benefits but it can be noise if you're working on planes and the office is nice.
Word Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2018
I wouldn't want to work at Boeing because it can be so stressful and I really want to work part time and Boeing does not provide that. There is also a mandatory overtime as well.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
no part time.
Great Experience!
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2018
I had a wonderful opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge during this internship. During my time with Boeing I was able to work across multiple departments and help out with everyday system admin activities as well which heightened my understanding of general IT capabilities.
very productive workplace
Wing Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 15, 2018
To this date its been the best job I have ever worked. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking employment to give it a shot. Every other job I had after has only made me miss Boeing even more.
Pros
great managers
Cons
competitiveness within coworkers
Lead, Image & Print Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2018
As long as you are an hardworking individual with respect, treat others with respect, do your job with integrity and work everyday, you will succeed. Attendance is very important.
Boeing Experience
Avionics Engineer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 15, 2018
The typical day working at Boeing began with coordinating with your immediate supervisor to understand your responsibilities and goals for the day. Throughout my entire experience everyone was very friendly and willing to help out whenever they could. Over all I enjoyed my professional progression and would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Parking accomadations
no response
HR Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 14, 2018
I don't have a response to this question. I did not work there long enough to form an opinion. I have had family work for Boeing and had long careers. So I would assume it's positive.
Boeing is a great company to work for.
FACILITIES MULTI SERVICES PLANT SPECIALIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 14, 2018
Boeing was a center of excellence global employer to work with. Each employee was challenged by there managers to do more work and take on more multiple rolls of work duty. Boeing offers all the opportunities for employees to improve there work skills. Employees can enhance there education and skills by paid college toition. Boeing did not pay the professional managers very well and that was patrially because I worked in the Oklahoma Business Units of Boeing which all managers were under paid. I considered all the Boeing management were very professional and treated people with diginity and respect. Overall the working culture was very professional and the primary objective was to meet customer expectations and meet delivery committments.
Pros
Boeing offer competive benifits for Union Employees
Cons
Boeing do not offer very good benifits for Salary employees and Retirees
Enjoyable and fulfilling place to work
Production Coordinator B (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCNovember 14, 2018
Close comradery among team mates. Management open to employee input and feedback. Able to go home each day with a strong sense of accomplishment and worth.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Somewhat stressful at times
fun to work with but less job advancement
Engineering Data/Document Analyst III, CDG (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2018
Learned a lot from the company, gave myself and my family a lot of support including medical benefits, 401K and company discount. overall i liked working for the company except my position is outsourcing to india for a cheap labor. at the end, its all about the business.
Pros
career growth
Cons
work is downsizing and outsourcing
A cut-throat environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaNovember 13, 2018
Boeing made all of its employees believe that there were no other opportunities outside. Unfortunately most employees bought into that idea and they were all afraid to lose their jobs. The CIO at a town hall in front of 800-1000 employees: "the workforce here is getting old and I am going to do something about it." Next, the tenured employees were laid off and replaced by recent college graduates. As a hiring manager, I sat in meetings with HR which verbally emphasized that older employees must be removed and try not to give them good performance review. That way it would be easier to lay them off.
Pros
Cons
Bad upper management, policies and procedures, no respect or consideration for employees.
Typical billion dollar company
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
You get to work on some really cools stuff and the comps & bennies are great. But as with an massive company, you are just a small cog in a huge machine and they will discard you at a moments notice.
Pros
Great bennies, work from home
Cons
Laid off at a moments notice
Great team effort
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 13, 2018
Had the greatest Direct Report one could have. Workplace culture was very diverse. Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to travel to different Boeing locations and compare workplace to others.
Pros
Team worked very closely and most importantly, we helped each other.
Cons
My commute was one and a half hours each way.
A solid company to work for
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ridley Park, PANovember 12, 2018
Like any large company, there are lots of pros and cons. My experiences varied greatly depending on the team I worked with. The upside of working there is I got to move around a bit and experienced several sides of the business. The downside is that I'm not always fully engaged so my skills go underutilized. The pay structure is fair for now but will never be fantastic unless you get into upper management. The benefit package has been going downhill in recent years.
Pros
Lots of resources with room to grow
Cons
Deteriorating benefits and pay rate
Great place to work.
Manager; Material Handling Team (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 12, 2018
Awesome place to work. I have been with the company 11 years now and I like the atmosphere and the people who work here. Boeing has given me many opportunities for growth and learning and I would recommend Boeing to anyone interested in living in the Northwest.
Pros
Location and opportunities
Cons
shift work can affect your family.
production line
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle and EverrettNovember 12, 2018
winglike assembly, fuselage assembly, reading blue prints.
time schedule mockup per bar charts to show each jobs progress.
Hardest part of job was installing dry bays in wings.
most enjoyable part of job was getting recognition for performance.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
too much OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss