Boeing Employee Reviews

Good temp job
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAApril 24, 2018
Being asked to write a review for Indeed even though I worked here so long ago. This was a temp job and I was in the insurance contract worker's compensation department.
Job was great, but as you would expect from a bid company, so much paperwork and the chain of command for anything to be approved was ridiculous! Plenty of people around to help, just not authorize anything. Perfect place if you wanted to sit around at lunch and talk about the good old days! Plenty of people waiting to retire that were just doing their time. Nice people, just not the place for me.
managment
Mechanical Engineer Planner (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 24, 2018
works for the company not the person very cut throat has to follow company brass at all times. people are great living culture is great just company culture is poor. hardest part of the job is making sure there is something to do that is current and not getting lost in backlog.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
poor managment
Manager- Field Repair and Modification (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 24, 2018
Boeing was populated with many educated employees, also many veterans, and many well trained mechanics.This made for an overall good working environment.
Boeing is big company but limited supply in each department
Electrical Wire Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA; Tukwlla WA; Kent WAApril 24, 2018
Good office arrangement for coordination and meetings with different job departments.
While at Boeing I took classes to learned Computerize Automated Drafting.
The workplace and culture are excellent.
Typical day at work was productive.
Cafeteria has ping pong table.
There is a gym that have basketball court, weight lifting, tennis court and equipment's to loose weight.
The buildings are surrounded by beautiful landscape, good for after lunch work.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings
Cons
short brake, poor parking lot and hard to find vacant spaces
Challenging with growth opportunities
Senior Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 24, 2018
As an employee that started my career as a systems engineer I was given the opportunity to advance in a variety of positions - program management, business development, etc.
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed what I did. I enjoyed the city and the people. The people were really nice and I enjoyed management. I learned alot about the company and the processes.
Pros
Cons
Great place to work.
Great experience
Flight-line tecnician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 24, 2018
I worked at the Boeing facility in Mesa Arizona. I enjoyed working with the people. They really motivated me and I would love to get back there to work as a flight-line technician again.
Productive and fun place to work.
Design and Development Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2018
This was a great job for a college student to work at part time. The pay was pretty low, but overall, a great experience. This was a very team oriented company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
job security
Workplace Culture
Manager - Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 23, 2018
Priorities aren't always clear or are mixed. Individuals decide what they want to work on/towards which isn't always the main objective. Benefits are excellent. It is a global and amazing company to work for making anyone proud to be part of a company changing the world like it does.
Pros
Cons
Organizational and Performance changes are not being executed fairly in all areas
Top rated in benefits
Aircraft Quality Inspector B787-8/-9 (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 23, 2018
Room for improvement within the culture and leadership. Care for "family time" are vocalized but not meant. Injuries and worse have occurred when management was notified of potential dangers and then dismissed. However, employees jobs are secured and taken care of if they do get hurt on the job. Advancement opportunities are abundant.
Best Job Ever
NC Electrician (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 23, 2018
Everything was done the right way. No short cuts or limited budget. You were always given the time to do the job right. Never rushed. Team work and great people to work with.
Pros
Self empowered
Admin
Administrative Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2018
Interesting place to work, education is a great benefit, relocation not available, can become stuck in one job classification, transferring of ones job skills and tasks, not easy.
Benefits
Cons
Being able to advance
Designing printed circuit boards for military satellites
PWB Product Designer Hughes Aircraft (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 23, 2018
Going over schematic drawings to ensure proper component placement on PCB board design per electrical engineer. This was a quiet workplace due to the very intense concentration.

After 3 years, I was offered a supervising position for the "VIRGO" program which included overseeing 20 plus engineers.

Hardest part of the job was attending and organizing constant meetings for the various boards within the program.
Pros
Being able to work along side my Father!
Cons
Hired by Hughes Aircraft, but being laid off after buyout by Boeing
Great if you are a Corporatist
QUALITY SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2018
Boeing will be for you what you make of it. Boeing does a pretty good job in terms of long term careers. Outstanding even. I found the "Corporate Religion to be more than I could bear long term.
Collaborative yet competitive work environment.
Airport Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAApril 22, 2018
Boeing can be a great place to work, but it sometimes carries a mentality of an older, slow-moving corporate environment that can be process-heavy and burdensome.

It needs to transform into a leaner company with fewer management levels, and I believe that will aid in Boeing's ability to compete with younger enterprises.
good workplace.
Associate Technical Fellow (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 21, 2018
Boeing is a great workplace, and I can strongly recommend it after over three decades of employment. It is a very fair and non discriminatory company.
Great place to end your career
IS Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2018
Come in, do your job, and go home. Very rare to find a culture of a team that you can get involved with and become invested in. Almost zero awareness of how to create a happy employee environment.
Pros
Great stability, good pay, great benefits, clean environment.
Cons
Typical huge company bureaucracy. Takes years to accomplish anything.
great palce to wake up to
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2018
Responsible for installing harnesses into the battery rack panels of the C-17 Cargo Airplane.
Followed blueprints and tool regulation guidelines per Spec.
Meet all qualifications to avoid production delays.
Basic knowledge of supply chain strategies.
Identified problems or discrepancies with parts and materials.
All work was then inspected and stamped off by Quality Assurance.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
Nice people to gain new knowledge and hardworking too
Process Mechanic/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Its a great company to work for if you get the opportunity too. I like working there and I plan on trying to be Re-hired if at all possible, because I'm in need of another great job.
Pros
Continous work
Cons
I personally didnt get good mgmt people, bad culture
Different work cultures based on location.
Employee Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 20, 2018
Boeing can be a great place to work depending on the location and the business objective. There are several organizations within Boeing. They promote One Boeing but they have a long way to go to achieve that goal. My experience is mostly positive and I would encourage anyone interested in working at Boeing to go for it. They have an outstanding education program, one of the very best benefits available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight