Boeing

Found 8,255 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,675 reviews
benefitengineeramazeairplaneaircraftexciteemployeemanufacture

Good future

Featured review

Boeing selected this as a representative review
Plenty of opportunity for success. Lots of different jobs, anything from semi skilled labor to, literally, rocket scientists. If you have initiative, Boeing can be a long term rewarding career.

Not Good - Broken Comes To Mind

The Boeing Team at Vandenberg Space Force Base is very challenging to work with. Im afraid to talk or say anything. The mgt fires people left and right over ANYTHING! Most people are very suspicious and paranoid. Nobody talks to you, wont ask questions and the work culture is very stressful. The trust score is 1 out of 10.

Pros

15 min Commute

Cons

Constant Suspicion and Distrust

Boeing insights

Based on 2,675 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Culture in the toilet

I am a nearly 4 year employee who has left and come back and is leaving again. The culture at Boeing is completely broken. Nobody cares about doing a quality job. Other functions do not adequately support engineering and instead push responsibility for many non-engineering tasks on to engineering. Management continues to tow the "we work on cool stuff" line when many technologies that I deal with on a daily basis are 10+ years out of date and in need of lots of investment. In my various roles, I have interacted with many people who do not have strong technical skills despite their high level. Management does a poor job at moving these people out of their roles. Managers of engineers are often non-technical, and engineers are not empowered to communicate outside of their team. Overall, engineering management at Boeing needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Many functions need to be overhauled so they aren't completely broken. I no longer have the patience to wait for the "cool projects" to come my way.

Pros

Work/life balance, top notch benefits, friendly coworkers

Cons

Depressed salaries, incompetent managers, broken leadership, ancient technologies

Enjoy this company very much!

This job is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The support system is amazing. You have great downtime as well. I will be staying as long as they let me.

Pros

There are always people willing to help.

History

Used to be fun and the work was rewarding. The last five to ten years, Boeing was not a great place to work. Bottom line drove me everything. No advancement opportunities and pigeon holed in your job.

Terrible Place to work

The company is more concerned about giving their executives and managers severance packages that could pay for more than 100 regular employee's benefits.

Boeing Has Lost Its Way

Boeing has lost its way. It cannot perform its very difficult task with the gusto it once had. As I write this, there is a fleet of undelivered white tail 777Xs outside the window. We are unable to deliver 787s. The 787 was grounded worldwide for battery fires. We only recently restored delivery of the 737 MAX. The USAF refused delivery of the 767 tanker. The 767 tanker is still not fully operational after 15 years. The only airplane that has not been recently grounded/parked is the 747 and that is end of life this fall. Our space ship was unable to reach it's destination and more recently the test flight was scrubbed due to faulty valves. (All of this is public information.)If you hold an image of Boeing as some great titan of American industry, that era has passed. You would do well to consider Boeing's failures carefully before making a commitment to this company.

uninvolved management

10 years with the company and cant wait to leave. Not sure how anything gets done with how defunct this place operates. If you like to be treated like a number, forced to work 7 days a week with nothing to do, and like money. this place is for you. If you want to live a full life, steer clear

Meh

Great pay and benefits but company is definitely falling apart from inside out. If you just want the 9-5, cool but if you care about aviation this place will make your skin crawl. Constantly trying to make new solutions to problems but never follow through.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Moving within, hours, upper management

A shadow of its former self

Worked here for 17 years and watched the culture nosedive over the last 10 years. Emphasis is on saving money. There is little to no back filling of employees that retire or leave. As a result, many groups are operating on a shoestring. There is very little chance for advancement or promotion even if you exceed expectations on your yearly reviews. Raises are 2-3% for meeting expectations and 4% for exceeding expectations. There used to be company parties and other perks but those all got cut a long time ago. The pay is nowhere near the industry average if you live in the bay area.

Pros

Outside of mass layoffs, they don't typically fire people, you get to say you work for a well known company

Cons

They don't get rid of the bad employees, Not many opportunities to advance, Pay is below average and raises are as well, all perks have been eliminated to save money

Very fun and relaxed but at a cost

The pay is great and the OT is second to none. Time and a half on Sat. Double on Sun. 3rd shift only works 6 and a half hours and gets paid for 8. The vacation is great. 2 weeks a years when you start plus 40 hours of sick time. Goes up as you gain seniority. The threat of layoffs is always looming however.

Pros

Pay, Managers, People

Cons

Layoffs

Loyalty to the company is job one.

great flexible schedule, Boeing has made it very difficult to leave, with the pay structure. Great People, Great Culture. Cant really beat the atmosphere at Boeing. Benefits are top of the industry.

Low pay but great work/ life balance.

Boeing has a great work / life balance, however, their below average pay and horrendous career advancement opportunities overshadow the company as a long term career move.

Pay and benefits are amazing, culture is awful.

Pros:Room for advancement Pay/benefits Paid schooling Cons:Not enough time offRepetitive work statements Management are all yes menThe company’s reputation is shot and I don’t like the bean counter mentality. Quality has tanked and I don’t feel good about the product anymore.

Disappointing

Good company if you don't care about advancing your career; at first this was an ok place but now it's just unbearable Pros: Pay and benefits are good (despite no pay raises in 2020 and 2021 and sub-par pay raises in 2022); company name looks good on one's resumeCons: Professional development is a joke; few opportunities for advancement, even if you take on extra responsibilities; lateral mobility is impossible; management is bad; little to no recognition for the hard work; top-down management approach which does not take into account the realities of business; "yes" culture; company expands tremendous resources to hire young college grads but does not take care of its experienced employees; org is extremely siloed; bureaucratic

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Big, slow to change, stable, endurable.

I worked both the union and at-will side of Boeing in Everett. I was hired largely due to my military experience and willingness to work outside in the weather and inside of wet fuel cells. The move to management came from my inability to stop criticizing my own managers. Basically they said put up or shut up. My management team is great, and the team we are building is excellent. We are fortunate that so many people want to work here, so we really get to pick and choose the absolute best. This is a company that if you want more responsibility (and the pay that comes with it) you just need to ask. They will give you the opportunity to succeed and have many options available if you do not. Plan on working overtime if you take a job here. It is expected that all employees will work OT.

Pros

Compensation, benefits, legacy company, strong union protects good employees

Cons

Current reputation, lots of OT, strong union protects bad employees.

Boeing has great pay and benefits

Boeing has great pay and benefits. Management can be disappointing at times since there is such a high turnover they are not much help if any for career advancement.

Work life balance

Boeing is an amazing company to work for. I am constantly learning something new everyday. The team I am on is wonderful. Everyone supports everyone.

Competitive Salary

Good opportunity for advancement. Work ethics will give you many opportunities. Classes available for higher positions is provided. College reimbursement is available to union workers.

Pros

Team environment

Cons

Traffic in Washington

Vital work but got boring doing the same routine

Work was vital but it became the same thing every 6 weeks. It was boring with not much opportunity for growth. The program’s culture was not great either. Boeing as a whole is an awesome company. Just need to find the right program to be on.

Overall great company to work for.

All my interactions with employees were very positive. There's lots of opportunity to learn if you want to stretch yourself. There's been a few tough years but this company will come out ahead in the long run.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight