Boeing

Found 8,402 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,829 reviews
airplaneaircraftaerospaceengineerengineeringbenefitlayoffopportunity

Good future

Featured review

Boeing selected this as a representative review
Plenty of opportunity for success. Lots of different jobs, anything from semi skilled labor to, literally, rocket scientists. If you have initiative, Boeing can be a long term rewarding career.

Good Place to Start in Finance

The pay for financial analysts starting out is definitely below average ($60k-$70k for 2-3 years of experience and around $85k for 4-5 years). The work itself is demanding, but you usually get to work with tons of data and get good experience with government contracting. Direct managers are hit or miss, but are pretty transparent with their teams. Work life balance recently has deteriorated. They have stopped filling roles after people leave, yet still require the same output from the rest of the team so you end up having a ton of work to do. I would say you'll probably average 50 hours a week, but depends on the team, business unit, location, and whether BDS, BCA, or BGS.

Boeing insights

Based on 2,911 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

I liked working there

It was fun and I built rockets. There is a lot to do there and if you get bored, you can find other opportunities to help you grow as an engineer. Was not a bad place to work

Best you can get corporate America wise

Good place to work, plenty of growth opportunities if you’re willing to relocate. Flexing time is the best feature of working at the company, saves a ton of vacation.

Great company had great teams

Daily job depends on your roles, if you want to contribute more, you always find much more improvement.Work honestly and strongly will bring more joy and contribution.Watch out the safety issue and any concern to speak up, keep safe and clean in our work zone.Hard part is this giant company, it means you have to learn more policy and project information, work flow and management systems. But all of these are the great opportunities to built self-learn.

Nice company

Great benefits, decent culture. Short staffed at times causing larger workloads. Sometimes there's drama but that's anywhere, especially is a big company. Do you job and go home, keep it simple.

Amazing Work Environment

Even as a contractor I never felt out of place. Each shop is filled with likeminded people who all specialize in their own tasks. Constant support for those who ask.

Not for me, but not the worst

I had a good career at Boeing but after many years it was no longer a fit for me. The company is too focused on Engineering and promoting Engineers no matter what discipline you are working in. There are many professionals out there and it would have been nice for the company to recognize that and promote others.

A great time to be at Boeing

If you like challenges and want to be at the forefront of the Aerospace industry. Then you should check out what Boeing has to offer. Great opportunities in multiple cities.

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities to develop you engineering skills

Lots of Opportunities

I was able to do lots of interesting things I never thought would be possible as an intern. Definitely room for growth, but sometimes the largeness of the company creates a lot of red tape.

Team building and great co worker's

I loved working for Boeing. I would recommend working at this place to anybody. It has great people and you make a lot of friends there. If there's one thing I regret losing in my life it is the job I had at Boeing.

Miserable work environment

Despite company policy that safety and quality always come first, everything is blatantly geared towards maximizing profit from the moment you start orientation if you work in one of the shops. Work assignments are intentionally given too little time so employees are "strongly encouraged" to stay late or volunteer to come in on the weekend, but management can always just assign mandatory OT as well. Legitimate complaints go ignored since it's seen as too expensive to actually try and fix problems rather than force shop employees to invent mediocre workarounds, and the culture is incredibly toxic especially with infighting between different shops, shifts, and job codes.For what the work is, the pay is decent if you max out, but I don't recommend anyone stay that long if they can help it.

Consistent job with questionable decision makers.

A typical day at work is consistent and very easy. All you have to do is learn what they teach you and just do it every day. Hardest part of the job is working together as a team with the candidates management selects. You have to understand that if you don't know anyone within this company or have a military background it is going to be hard to get in, although experience helps! Workplace culture is like high school, take that how you will. This job is union so you will see people who have worked there since before the invention of cell phones. That's right, you will have co-workers who do not know how to use a computer (50% of the job) and probably making more than you are. Union has its benefits, but also its cons.

Pros

Benefits, pay, the fact you get to work on missiles

Cons

Management, workplace culture, management, union, and management

The pay scale is great.

Was fortunate to have great managers and co-workers in the departments I worked. Great place to learn about the aerospace industry. The benefits are good, the company uses modern computer equipment and programs.

Pros

Education reimbursement

Great opportunities to learn from and work with good people - engineers, PM's, HR staff.

Boeing is a great company to work for. I learned alot, and was given opportunities to advance my career to help the company achieve their strategic goals.

Best Group of Engineers I have ever experienced.

Some of the finest engineers I have worked with, even through today. Not sure if the reason why everybody at this facility was so sharp was because most grew up on a farm.Maybe.

Pros

Super Polite and Sharp People

I support all lines (767,787,777,Tanker)

Very fulfilling , busy days. The opportunity to meet and work with a many people and programs in both commercial and military form. 30 years as a structures mechanic has helped understand the needs of my customers.

Great products, challenging projects and good co-workers; technical culture has been hijacked

You get to work on great products and challenging projects. Solid development and growth opportunities exist.Upward mobility recently (last 5 years) is extremely limited to diverse candidates.Woke culture has begun (last 5 years) to overshadow and overtake focus on technical prowess (see technical issues on KC46 Tanker, SLS, 787, 737MAX). A large majority of managers don't have the fortitude and are afraid to facilitate conversations on setting high expectations due to threat of HR investigations

Pros

Overall compensation (health benefits, 401k, education), challenging projects

Cons

Emergence & spread of woke culture severely impacts technical prowess, mgrs with weak intestinal fortitude

Nice place to work.

Was a very nice and easy pkace to work. People were very nice and relaxed. Pay was good. Managers were also very easy going and didnt push all that much but did expect the work to get done.

Great company

Great company, pay is wonderful. I love the work that I do and find it extremely rewarding. It’s nice to work for a company that actually cares about their employees

It’s okay.

Great benefits. Plenty of time off. Work can be quite stressful at times. The pay is better than most if you’re not educated. I’d like to look at other reviews on this site, so I’m filling this out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight