Boeing

Clear
4.1Pay & Benefits

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,905 reviews
airplaneaircraftaerospaceengineerengineeringbenefitlayoffopportunity

Loyalty to the company is job one.

great flexible schedule, Boeing has made it very difficult to leave, with the pay structure. Great People, Great Culture. Cant really beat the atmosphere at Boeing. Benefits are top of the industry.

You get out what you put in

This company is by far the best I've ever worked for. You really do advance at your own level and your own drive here. Raises are based off work ethic, team work, and volunteer work outside of work with the company. Managers are hit or miss on being excellent or "just a manager". Still, I would go back to BOEING with no second thoughts. A true place to grow and make a career at. My only main negative is the assigned jobs are based off of union labor hours and they cheat the heck out of their numbers, this really can impact people at the Charleston facility because the work will say "only takes 3 hours to do" but will have been done by 5 people in Washington and is now assigned to ONE person in Charleston. FIX THIS,WATCH FOR THIS, TALK ABOUT THIS.

Pros

Free lunches, Obtainable raises, Good health programs, Great insurance

Cons

Short breaks, Job hours are based off of union shop in Washington that cheats their numbers, No good way to report managers (if need be)

Boeing insights

Based on 2,968 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun

Good job great people. I loved working here the hours are were perfect for me and my children. They never forced overtime on us it was always an option

Pros

Hours

Cons

Lay offs

I loved working with the company they were very helpful but good work life balance.

This company was a awesome place to work they had some of the absolute best benefits. We only worked eight hour shifts most of the time. Overtime was not Mandatory but it was kind of nice to be able to volunteer if you needed overtime

Great people but poor executive leadership

I was fortunate to work with a great team. My direct manager and 2nd line were also great. Upper level managers and executives not so much. CEO is no leader. A real leader stands up for what is right. This so called leader would not stand up to the federal government and say no to the mandates. He was willing to fire good people who did not get vaccinated even if there was no reason for them to get it because of natural immunity. I refuse to work for a company not willing to stand up for the rights of their workers. For that reason I walked away from a great paying job with no regrets.

Pros

Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Poor executive leadership

Great people on production floor but management sucks

Overall good place to work. The pay is good but contractors make more but they are treated bad in my opinion. Needs better management is probably the biggest turn off

Pros

Good hours decent pay.

Cons

Management sucks

Easy money

Hired as a contractor. Good pay between per diem split. Job isn't tough. You'll be moved to where ever they need you. I feel I am under utilized for my experience.

Pretty steady job dealing with normal corporate

Not a bad place to work. You deal with the normal corporate stuff as any large business. As long as you just want to do your time and go home it's not bad. A lot of people get way to invested and burnt out. They pay descent and it can be very low stress.

Pros

Free health insurance, free tuition

Cons

Corporate system takes forever to see change. Some change planned but implemented poorly.

Lack of quality systems, and passion for operational excellence

Boeing has no vision, passion for quality and operational excellence, or goals to be the best in aerospace. It shows in the delivery. Most programs are having quality and delivery problems.The primary focus coming from leadership is political, divisive, and emotional. There is no leaders brave enough to push for excellence and performance.Quality is not a priority which is scary for an aircraft manufacturer!

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Politics, lack of quality and operational excellence

Fun place

Easy work nice work area pay okay for the job no overtime HR not useful management pretty good 401k match the best I’ve ever seen health benefits go up every year now paying 200 every two weeks vision plan do not like cover contacts abs glasses every other year

Pros

Work area

Cons

Pay

Fun place

Pros

Work area

Cons

Pay

Software engineer

Software at Boeing is garbage, basically it's all commerical off the shelf vendor software that you have to fit into our system and make sure it works perfectly. Compensation is awful as is morale..... overall look elsewhere.

A great company to work for, if you are able to stick around

White collar jobs at Boeing pay pretty well and the benefits package is very competitive. Like many large companies, your specific experience can be strongly influenced by who your direct manager is. I was fortunate enough to find a FANTASTIC manager that affords me the autonomy and flexibility that I enjoy. Culturally, Boeing can vary pretty substantially from site to site, but there is a heavy emphasis at the top level on diversity & equality. This is also reflected in the executive ranks with many executives representing traditionally underrepresented demographics.Make no mistake though, times are tough right now, due to global economic factors, as well as some issues that are specifically unique to Boeing. We've faced many rounds of layoffs this year. For folks looking for comfortable, long-term employment, Boeing used to be a great place (20 year anniversaries at Boeing are a dime a dozen). While I expect that climate will return in the long-run, things are a bit more tense these days.

Pros

Strong benefits package, fair pay, meaningful work (We make jets!!)

Cons

Bureaucracy that comes with a 100+ year old, 150K+ employee company

Benefits are exceptional

Great opportunity to experience innovative ideas and processes. The benefits are on par with the best companies/military to include family health and dental plans. Also a very impressive opportunity to invest in the company.

Boeing is always pushing for invitation and employee safety. They have 401k, paying for going back to school and 6 weeks or family leave or maternity leave depending on if you are the husband or the wife. I have really enjoyed working for Boeing they are a great company.

Boeing is good company to work for

Boeing is a very flexible and family oriented company. Good Compensation/Benefits package, but no pension plan They do not promote from within so advancement is very difficult Management overall is pretty decent but they do move management around a lot. One Boeing is their Job culture

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Healthcare and Dental Benefits

Why would you want to?

I would not work for this place again pay is to low to live by yourself on and you cant trust the people but you can get a day off if you need it but dont look forward to getting a raise that is worth much after you get hired on permanently

Very good work environment...

Very good work environment... I just wish the pay was better but the work hours are plenty to compensate! Working for Boeing was an awesome experience and I would gladly go back.

Productive and Competitive Salaries

In my area, Boeing is one of the highest paid entry-level jobs. They have great benefits that are hard to beat. Productive place to work with generous overtime.

High stress environment

Working at Boeing was quite rewarding. However there were times that added more stress to the employees than was necessary. There were always talks of layoffs and made many look elsewhere for career paths outside of the company. Also with the IAM union always trying to get in the door really made many of the management team go into high gear to persuade team members to vote to keep them out and put a lot of pressure on all of us. The benefits were great, but overall it wasn't worth what I felt when I would get off for the day.

Production

Very Good place to work at and very good people to work with. the hours that I was working became a problem because of transportation to and from work.