Boeing
71Above average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Boeing Work-Life Balance reviews

United States7,419 reviews
Found 3,347 reviews matching the search
World known. Exciting missions, and receptive management. Great company culture. Challenging, exciting work. Good benefits, and pay. Very excited to see where the company will go.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Boeing is outstanding

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Boeing are excellent

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Boeing, I think if you make it about 4 to 6 yrs you are good

In general, managers at Boeing sucks

Collaboration with my colleagues at Boeing is good

Overall

My experience working at Boeing overall was excellent
Great working environment. A culture where employees are encouraged to share ideas and individual opinions. A workplace where coworkers feel like family or friends. Benefits customized to meet employee needs.
Only limited my ones own ambition. Most positions I have had, were very team oriented. There is an environment of wanting to make things better, not just throw an item over the fence to get it out of your que
Pros
comradery
Cons
Group standardization and structure is working in progress. Great benefits and people. Managers can favor some people over others. Those who enter the company are usually family or friends of Boeing Employees no need to elaborate more.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Favorism
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Boeing is terrible. Forced overtime constantly. No concern for you’re well being or your family’s well being. Only focus is the bottom line.
Good place to work. Very structured and organized. Everything well documented. People from all over globe work at Boeing and you learn a lot in such a place.
Pay & benefits
Average

Job security and advancement

Many advancement opportunities if you achieve higher education

Overall

Tuition reimbursement and promotion opportunity for the motivated individual,overall a good aviation career developer. Decent pay and benefits,yet lags airline industry.
Gigantic multinational conglomerate,so hard to not feel like just an employee number amid 140,000 other numbers(down from 160,000 6 months ago)
Management puts numbers above quality. operates on the good ole boy system. Talk is family life balance but that does not happen. speaking of Boeing SC only.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
The management on all levels do not look out for their employees. I would not recommend working there. Truly worse manager I have ever had in my career.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Benefits were getting worse every year No teamwork, very poor management.
I worked with Boeing for 32 years. I worked with many people and managers over the years. I have had a good experience with most people I have worked with. The last 16 years I worked as a support person for man y applications. Making tough decisions about access to our tools based on who can have what kind of access was often challenging. I have made friends that will last my entire life.
Pros
good pay and benifits.
Cons
being laid off
Wish to be back but with a different first line manager.
Overall was a really good professional experience. Defiantly miss with for the Boeing company
Productive and positive work place. excellent opportunities to learn while at work. very good benefits. excellent mentorship programs. employees felt appreciated
Pros
good benefits, great opportunities to learn and paid trainings and education
Cons
lay offs
Worst job out of my job history. Not a company to rely on keeping because they’re known for layoffs. I would not recommend people to work for Boeing.
Great opportunity to experience innovative ideas and processes. The benefits are on par with the best companies/military to include family health and dental plans. Also a very impressive opportunity to invest in the company.
You get what you put in. This company is great to work for if you have work ethic. Don't look for handouts, take opportunities when presented/available.
Work with a wide variety of professionals, endless opportunities and the best benefits. At Boeing you are not just stuck with the job you were initially hired for. You can advance to a different position by taking classes on your days off to be certified in to a new specialty position
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Great benefits horrible work environment mostly do to shop floor workers. Animosity between union and company difficult to deal with. No reason to work hard besides your own pride.
Benefits
Cons
Peoole
Boeing can be very bureaucratic. Many levels of management to get anything approved. It the particular group that I work in is very behind the times (technology and processes). Very hard to grow within a group and management is not great at promoting.

Good - benefits are good, but I think they are average to what is being offered around the greater Puget Sound.
They do have a good work/life balance and understand people have lives outside of the office.
Overall my experience here was terrible. I highly recommend you skip this company. Don’t listen to anyone working there or anyone who use to work there. I’ve spent the last year and a half at boeing during the 737 crashes and corona virus pandemic. Let me tell you it was a weird experience. If you have a family, are active in the community, are heavily involved in a hobby or family, kiss it all goodbye. Your best hours of your life are taken by boeing. If they had their way they would make you work 24/7 365 days a year. You WILL be forced to work 10 hour days 7 days a week if they do choose.
I’ve never worked in a more negative environment in my life. People go out of their way to be unhelpful and are commonly rude on a daily basis.

The union talks about brotherhood and sticking together, but all I’ve ever seen them do is collect dues. Anytime I’ve ever needed help they never returned any calls or emails. Any steward I’ve talked to has no information and or are rude.

They will move you anywhere they want without notice. They will not help you move or help with gas even if they transfer you 70 miles away.

At the end of the day they DO NOT care about you and are looking for any chance to fire all employees.

Not a company worth stressing for in my opinion.
Pros
High paying overtime (but no life)
Cons
Just a number, unprofessional environment, rude employees, horrible management, low pay to new workers, bad hours, massive overtime. 7 days a week 10 hours a day
This is a place for a job rather than a career. It does provide for good work life balance, crunch mode does occur ocassionally but not often. However, raises barely account for inflation, and there is very little growth for your career. Regardless of whether you innovate and work hard or just skate by, you'll be compensated similarly, and the company works against you to keep you at the minimal level possible.