Boise Cascade Employee Reviews

Hit hard by Changing economic environment.
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ORJune 17, 2019
This place has great shift managers and plant management. The workers are good spirited and hard working too. However there is a lot of layoffs and curtailments based on the housing market.
A little summary
Office Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJune 17, 2019
Again, when you choose to work for a company, it is your decision if you decide to keep the job or quit the job. I worked as a customer service representative and a Receptionist. I enjoyed it.
benefits
Cons
long hours if you work in the plant
Hard work but worth it
Control room operator 1st assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Helens, ORJune 8, 2019
Old school culture, many people had been there for twenty plus years.
Hard work, lots of mandatory overtime. Great pay and benefits but not a lot of time for family
East Region Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 7, 2019
Good company, lots of opportunities for progress but company seems to be attempting to drive the improvement forward. Very safety focused and open to making necessary safety improvements
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White City, ORMay 31, 2019
I worked at Boise Cascade for fifteen years and really enjoyed my time at the company. I worked on the floor for about 10 years and performed numerous jobs before moving into a supervisory role.
If you show up and work hard you will be compensated fairly and treated well. Boise is one of the most innovative companies in the business and has shown great success over the years.
Boise also is the only place I’ve worked where they truly put safety as their number one priority. I enjoyed my time working their and gained a lot of knowledge. It was a very hard decision for me when I decided to see what else was out their and highly doubt I find a place I enjoyed as much as I did at Medford and RVP.
Pros
People, Pay, Benefits, Culture
great company
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 30, 2019
Boise Cascade provided a good work life balance. The time off was pretty good. The management team is very supportive. The benefits are decent. Overall a good place to work.
Don't remember enough about
Production Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Lena, LAMay 30, 2019
Don't remember enough about to give a good enough review. Plus a lot has changed since I worked there. So my review would render useless to anyone thinking about working there
Multitasked and fun environment because of employees
Freight Specialist Lead/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 29, 2019
A typical day at work would be making sure all loads got cover and loaded properly. In the past 4 years I learned how to be doing 4 job duties at ones while being in the phone with truck drivers or supervisors. I dealt with work drivers and owner operator drivers with their request on loads. The work setting was a very easy place to adjust. The most stressful part of the job was making sure every load got cover no matter if it was in the beginning of work or end while dealing where the destination was. Best part of working with boise was keeping myself busy so time will go fast.
Pros
company will provide lunch several times
Cons
did not respect request on employee going back to school
Poor communication, favoritism with supervisors
production mill (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ORMay 28, 2019
Lack of communication between supervisors and employees. Extreme high heat conditions in the summer with no cooling available no airflow no proper ventilation in the mail. Extreme heat and smoke when there are fires in the mill and you have to continue to work and breathe smoke constantly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Extreme heat conditions in the summer no ventilation throughout the mill year round
Hard work!
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 26, 2019
This mill has been closed for 20 years now. It was a great place and close to home. I honestly thought I would retire from there. I'm sure there are still many Boise Cascade locations around.
Protemp Staffing Solutions
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, LAMay 18, 2019
Got hired by Boise through Protemp Staffing Solutions. I got a call saying that my "assignment was ended." With no reason given. Great experience tho.
It’s a very hands on job a lot of heavy material overall good place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 16, 2019
As soon as we go in we stretch get outlet forklift, fill out the inspection sheet. Then we log in into the gun and begin working. The people are great and the job is ok. But there is a lot of over time, can’t leave until the job is done, and there’s is a lot of work in the summer.
A Good Place To Work
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Thorsby, ALMay 8, 2019
The place is not bad at all to work at. It just depends on you and the Department you work in. Ive been here for almost 2yrs and i don't have any complaints . The mill isnt stressful in my opinion . I would recommend working here
Pros
Pay, benefits, 401k, etc
Cons
Depends on you
Stay away
UT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCMay 3, 2019
All management staff are back stabbers. They use floor employees as a source of info orto rat out each other. They want to control your life even on days off with several calls about things as a manger you should know.
Pros
Cons
Entire facility needs revamped
Worst company to work for too many rules and regulations ridiculous strict work environment hostile work environment management is very disrespectful
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Homedale, IDMay 3, 2019
This company has a very high turnover rate 90% alot employees constantly get hurt in this company management pushes the employees way too much with the overtime and management keeps overworking their employees to the point they quit to find another job management is so greedy about their bonuses they want all the employees to work really fast they dont care about their safety this company is getting worse and worse and they are having a hard time having people if management doesnt get volunteers to come in on Saturdays then its mandatory they dont pay their employees enough for the amount of work and stress they go through every day they're so cheap to do repairs which costs them more time and labor because they dont want to spend alot of money to get it fix the first time all their machines are very old ancient they need to upgrade and buy more efficient machines but they refuse to do it corporate needs to get rid of everyone in management and hire people that actually knows how to run a business because the current management team is driving this company straight to the ground this company is very understaffed cause how management treats their employees its ridiculous it's a hostile work environment and management is very disrespectful towards their employees
Pros
Cons
Low wages, poor management, machinery constantly breaking down, hostile work environment
GOod place to work its steady
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 29, 2019
Work at Boise Cascade in the distribution side and its a steady place to work with very flexible daily tasks. Can feel overwhelming from time to time but all around a decent place to work.
Boise cascade
Chop Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  White City, ORApril 24, 2019
Boise taught me alot. Self worth. How to challenge my self and achieve my goals. Never to give up. How to work safe and keep a good work environment. I highly recommend this place
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Fast paced
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncure, NCApril 10, 2019
Boise was a fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment but there was room to grow and they offered great benefits. Boise is a great company to work for if you are willing to show up and work every day.
benefits
productive fast paced environment
glue mixer (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, LAApril 3, 2019
we had safety meeting everyday to help keep safety at the forefront of everything we did. the hardest part of the job for me was the long hours most of the time i was there we worked 7 12 hour shifts
Pros
good benefits good people
Cons
long hours and worked most holidays
What I have learned
Hyster Driver (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 25, 2019
It’s a great place to work they are fair with the employees and make everyone feel welcome as long as they are conducting themselves in a becoming manner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boise Cascade. Our community is ready to answer.