Boise Cascade Employee Reviews

Ok
Forklift Operator,scanner,shiping& receiving (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 13, 2018
coworkers were great job is great money is good management is confused they make changes and put people in Wrong positions they dont take time to talk to each individual what can be better it will help a whole lot supervisors dont know whats going
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management assumes instead of asking
Safety focused production
Designer/Drafter/Sales (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 9, 2018
This was an older plant, but the employees took pride in meeting or sometimes beating industry standards with the outdated equipment. I enjoyed the camaraderie.
Pros
Solid pay, solid team spirit
Cons
Sold to PCA
Great Company
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2018
They paid for my college books and some tuition and gave me great flexible hours so I could go to classes. Upon graduation I received wonderful salary and benefits. I did have to travel a lot and worked most week-ends.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
excessive travelk
Relaxed workplace
Building Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2018
They would be excellent if they paid more since there's lack of career advancement.

You will mainly see Caucasian & African American workers there.

Upper management is prejudice to an extent as far as picking leaders & treating co workers with respect.
Pros
Good Work/Life balance
Cons
They prejudice to an extent.
Very productive and fast paced enviornment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 1, 2018
Daily forklift checklist and safety check sheet is to be completed. Going over safety or any other concerns or disagreements with your crew. Start your job to get your quota done and complete. When your done,help others that need help.
Pros
Good pay for night crew
Cons
Loose your pay if you move to days
best job to have in the area
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kettle Falls, WAAugust 1, 2018
With most of the jobs in the area being minimum wage, this is the best opportunity for a career in the area. The pay is good, the work is decent and they care about employee safety.
Work life balance is terrible.
VGOB (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 29, 2018
Let me start by saying Boise Cascade is a decent place to work with great benefits and decent pay. The management in my location is awesome, all the way from the bottom to the top, very easy to talk to and they try to address any problems you may have.

The average day is usually super hot in summer and cold in the winter (depending on your location). Work is mostly laid back, at least my job is operating a dryer.

My biggest issue with this company is the work/life balance. It works well if you dont have a family and really dont want a life. Be expected to work 8-13 hours shifts 6 days a week (6 days a week is mandatory at my location because of the turnover rate and cant find people to hire) I wonder why? This is especially rough when you work graveyard, i dont mind hard work and working longer days, but how do they expect anyone to recover and actually want to come to work when your only day off you sleep all day so you can be ready for work the next?
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management
Cons
Extreme Heat & Cold, Work/Life Balance, 1 Day Off
very challanging
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEJuly 27, 2018
there is always something new coming in you are never wokring on the same thing for more then two days you are always learning and experiencing new things. Also have to think a head and be able to read a set of plans which will grow fast with this company.
Pros
donuts on fridays, company paid lunch when goals are meet
Cons
high stress job, demanding of employer and customers
Stressful but money is nice
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ORJuly 21, 2018
Was a stressful job but they pay you fair, You just need to keep your job life and your personal life separate if you can do that then you will be okay.
Pros
Pay well if in union
Cons
Stressful
Core feeder (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 19, 2018
Its a good place to work.theres just to much dust and sometimes can become troublesome. If you can work over that its a good place to work. Not much room to move up but the pay is good
Benefits
Cons
Saw dust
Good place to work.
Millwright Machinist A Reliability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, LAJuly 18, 2018
Very Good work enviornment. Very Hot in the summer and Cold in the winter. Prepare and dress appropriately. Good place to move up on the next level. Really good people there. Open door policy is used frequently and its a very helpful measure in listening to everyones opinions.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
Enjoyed going in each morning. Excellent co-workers. Could have used more privacy to complete confidential assignments. Teamwork is important. Training within was maintained with changes in management and computer systems.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work space
Very hot warehouse
Feeder Operator (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 11, 2018
Descent job in a very very very hot or very very very cold warehouse. Whatever the temperature is on the outside is what you can expect the temperature to be on the inside
If this is all you have left...
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Moncure, NCJuly 5, 2018
Its a great place to work if you dont have a family or a life. It seems to be almost set up to where you have to work overtime to bring home a decent pay check. At my time of employment, I bonded with a few other employees and the job itself wasnt so bad, but the conditions were absolutely abysmal and the management was the worst i had ever been under. A lot of micromanagement, butt kissers, and two faced people
Pros
Meeting different backgrounds of people
Cons
everything
Good Place
HR Generalist I (Current Employee) –  Florien, LAJune 27, 2018
Excellent place to work. The managers take the time to get to know their employees. They also have a grooming process to prepare selected employees for greater positions inside the company.
warehouse distribution
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2018
fast paced ware house enviroment, great place to begin in management , management supportive ability to work independent and get results m-f no weekends
Pros
growth
Cons
hours
Work experience at Boise Cascade
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Florien, LAJune 24, 2018
With in the 4 years that I was employed with Boise Cascade, from day one my skills and work ethic was seen and utilized for me and for production. I was recruited for safety training programs which then made me a safety team member. Also was trained for all mobile equipment and was train to operate all machines in the dry end department and green end, ut center. I was then recruited to step in as a relief foreman for the green end, ut center and on the dry end when needed. When needed as well because of my diesel mechanic experience on down days( maintenance day) I would assistant Mill Wrights with the repair to the machinery on the green end. In all, working at Boise cascade helped me broaden my knowledge and help me gain promotions and achievements.
Consistent work
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJune 14, 2018
Pickers build lifts with Hilo, which are then loaded on trucks. Hilo/lumber experience is a plus. Well managed company. Work was sometimes fast paced but not crazy.
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
seasonal
A typical day at work
Wood Puller (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJune 10, 2018
The work was easy at times and other times could get rough. The management could be improved. My coworkers were friendly and sociable. Even though the compensation was good, I don't think I would go back.
Company doesn't exist
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  De Ridder, LAJune 6, 2018
The company does not exist anymore but was great. Good benefits, wonderful people. Working in the industry was tough, but well worth it and a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boise Cascade. Our community is ready to answer.