BOK Financial
63Average

BOK Financial Employee Reviews

United States398 reviews
Very political with advancement.
With the elimination of several advancement positions, I felt that it is more about who you know, as opposed to what your accomplishments and work ethic show.
Not too bad
The system was VERY outdated. Hardly any customers, so it made the days just drag on. As a Banker, they still had us work on the teller line and we rotated as bankers and tellers.
May 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our values and vision. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors!
Fun place to work
The majority of the people work together as a team and the managers are very caring and sweet. We all got along and had fun working with each other. The only down side is the pay is extremely low, if you don't mind that this is a great place to work.
I love it here
I am a former employee who was let go do to a very black and white mistake. I love this company through and through. The culture is consistent, and peers were supportive and helpful.
Would not recommend
Poor management, if they don’t like you they look for something to pick on you about trainer was good at what he did given the lack of resources management and upper management are a complete joke and they do not care about their employees
April 3, 2020
Thank you for your review and for offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Committed to success
BOK Financial is dedicated to providing a strong client experience. Overall, the company has a strong culture in which forward movement is possible and attainable.
March 16, 2020
Terrible Management Across the Board
If people knew how BOK spent their money nobody would bank there. No guarantee of competitive pay or advancement. Employees are generally scared to bring up issues with our management with fear of retaliation. Great 401k program.
Pros
401k program
Cons
Not given bereavement time when family members passed away, No advancement after years of work, Personal time/vacation used without consent, Dead end job.
Decent place to work if fully staffed
Branch environment
Minimally staffed

Upper management micro manages

Training is great as along as all held in a timely manner

Client facing

Back office supports can be challenging

Growth opportunity is present but feedback is warranted
March 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your career advancement. We are disappointed to hear you are not experiencing the working dynamic you had hoped for and we strive to promote. Whenever possible, BOKF works to promote internal mobility and offer career growth opportunities for our employees. This has been achieved by creating better programs and processes to facilitate and support internal mobility initiatives. We appreciate your desire to grow and encourage you to speak with your manager or leadership team regarding any concerns you have as well as your plans for development.
hard work
very structure company
very small opportunities to grow, unless you know somebody above

promises unfulfilled

some areas need to be more organized

good coworkers
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback regarding your career advancement. We are disappointed to hear you are not experiencing the working dynamic you had hoped for and we strive to promote. Whenever possible, BOKF works to promote internal mobility and offer career growth opportunities for our employees. This has been achieved by creating better programs and processes to facilitate and support internal mobility initiatives. We appreciate your desire to grow and encourage you to speak with your manager or leadership team regarding any concerns you have as well as your plans for development.
Bank of Texas was a great place to work.
In my last position, I always felt appreciated and valued. My manager helped me reach my goals. When I wanted to expand my skills, I felt encouraged to do so. It was a welcomeing environment, and I felt strong in my position.
February 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed sharing and promoting our values and vision. We love hearing positive feedback on our leaders. We're glad you got to expand your skills with us. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors!
Productive and value clients
This company strives to put the customer first in all we do. We strive to get to know all of our customer to help them with all of their banking need. We want to be your one stop shop for all your finances.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
procedures change regularly.
February 10, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!
Goals are set to high, and no support from management
Management does not support staff, and does not assist staff nor client the way they should. The customer service is poor, especially when management assist the clients.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and customer service
February 3, 2020
They are fair with a diverse platform.
Face to face verbal quiz and questions. Good working environment with fair reviews. Best job in my adult life time career. Lot of training and self improvement classes with some group oriented situations.
January 16, 2020
Encouraging of internal advancement.
I always feel included, prepared, and valued. My family life is calling for more attention and part time is not offered in consumer banking, I am sad to leave the great benefits behind. Don't like doing outbound sales calls, luckily I haven't been the one to do that in the recent past.
February 10, 2020
Working
Was not supported in job. Difficult environment to work in. Job was not secure. 80 percent turnover by the time I left. Job became solely based on sales quotas.
December 23, 2019
Employees will sabotage your employment
Worst place to work. Management lack knowledge and integrity. Human Resource does not even help when issues arise. Retail Bank branches in several different location was not doing what was best for the consumer. Employee staff would sabotage your employment if you did not participate in their scheme of things or spoke up about anything they would be doing that was wrong. The branches had clicks
December 2, 2019
Great people great bank
I really enjoyed my time at BOKF. They are a leader in banking and a great place to work. They put their employees needs at the top of their priorities.
December 2, 2019
Mortgage management more concerned with quantity and not Quality president of mortgage company will turn her head to close loans and then act is if she is surprised when the agencies request a buyback. She is very self servicing and will take all enemies
November 18, 2019
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We wish you well in your future endeavors.
Bokf
A typical day at work consist of running reports, checking the reports for accuracy, posting, and sending the reports to selected groups. clearing the DDA exceptions, and clearing recons. I post packets in a timely manner according to their sweep settings. I have learned to manage my time to account for the money sweeps. I enjoy the work culture here at BOKF, everyone has a helping attitude. I think the hardest part of the job is having to leave at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job are the different groups that are associated with the company, I am a part of the FUN committee, we organize the get together luncheon's and holiday parties for all of Wealth Management.
Pros
Having a team you can count on.
Cons
When someone from your team has to relocate, or change positions.
Nice company to work
Working for BOK has given me another level of job experience with a great group of employees. They support setting goals and career advancement. Enjoyed my time there but found it was time to move on.
its ok
good company to work for if you pick the right job to start out in. very hard to promote up to different areas. flexible hours for some positions. inconsistent in which holidays are paid time off
November 12, 2019
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOK Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight