BOK Financial Employee Reviews

Oklahoma run company
International Trade Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
I was not a fit. To be fair, there were others there who spent many years. Black Friday, the Friday before Christmas Eve, the company has massive layoffs contributing a poor work environment.
Compensation & Work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Management is prejudice. The culture of management is controlled by Tulsa which brings a small town mentality of cultural diversity. Unprofessional behavior from management was made to women and minorities that were independent, experienced and competent. The management team needs cultural diversity training.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Blatant Discrimination
Great place to advance your career
VP, Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 20, 2018
I absolutely love working for BOK Financial. I have a fantastic boss. I am valued, appreciated and listened to. We can be open and honest with one another. We can agree to disagree.

The team culture is collaborative. Their commitment to community is admirable. They are trying very hard to engage employees and keep everyone excited to be part of the bank.

You can move up, down or across the bank. I've witnessed this with many employees since I joined.
Pros
Culture, Community, Employee Engagement
Cons
Long-time legacy employees who do the bare minimum
Favoritism is rule.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
I was a top performing teller who was promised one thing then waited while others were promoted. Benefits were awesome. The community involvement was why I hung around the longest.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our vision.

Keeps me busy
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
I work in the drive through so we get quite a bit of car flow out here. It is a pretty quite work place. The best part of the job is getting to know the clients we help.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

its ok
Commercial lane teller (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 1, 2018
My work here was much too long ago to base any decisions. I do not have anything else to say about this company or how it runs in its current state. .
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our values and vision. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors!

Bank of Oklahoma
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Great company to work for, IF you work in a big city. If you’re going to work for the company in a community town, be prepared for no advancement out of your position. The local small town branches are hard to get out of. The company is very sales driven and there is a lot of pressure to meet sales goals, which is nearly impossible in small town branches.
Pros
Best 401k program
Cons
Inconsistency in leadership, failure in some management
August 20, 2018

Oracle Production Support Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 25, 2018
the workplace is great. there are cultural diversity observed there.. The management is acceptable. the hardest part is dealing with costumers service. i enjoy working there. i have learned leadership skill there

risky place to work
Lead Transit Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74135July 23, 2018
the actual job position was awesome. The duties of position was fast pace and exciting. Was recruited for this position and than 4 months later staff and I was let go.
Pros
great job
Cons
company does a lot of force reductions
August 20, 2018

Awesome co workers, careless management.
ExpressBanker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2018
BOK was a fun place to work at, mainly because of coworkers. They however expect you to be perfect and you will only be nothing but a number to them. Yeah the benefits were great and all but you still get written up for missing work while using your sick time. Makes sense right? Management won’t care at all about you once you make one mistake they start looking for reasons to let you go although the reason was out of your control. So there’s my advice, not a good place to work at unless you’re perfect.
Cons
Every single thing.

Great small bank
Mortgage Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
This was a great place to work. There are less employees which allows you to interact with senior leaders often. You are able to learn more about each department if desired.

TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2018
Bok is a great place to work. Its super easy and not stressful at all. They could probably work on the pay a bit but overall a pretty good experience,

Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
As a bank teller at this bank, I can say that the work environment was close knit. I worked in a branch located inside of a supermarket. Needless to say that I had 4 other co workers including my two managers. We knew about 80% of clients by a first name bases. It was a more personable approach to what banking is.
Pros
Good job for a part time position
Cons
There is no benefits offered because of the position being part time
August 20, 2018

It can be difficult to move from consumer to another department
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2018
If you start the bank as a teller or a relationship banker, it can be difficult to move into the corporate area. The consumer division wants to keep good people there which is great but not if you have aspirations of moving to corporate it can be to your detriment.
Good company benefits and pay
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2018
I'd recommend working here to anyone. It's your basic modern bank with above average retirement planning services in a industry were the competitive advantage are the smallest of margins. Overall management typically makes good financial decisions, and the pay scale is very fair. My only issue is the emphasize on sales goals rather than relationship driven polices.
Pros
Good Healthcare, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Slow Career Advancement

Great Place to Work!
Senior HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2018
I started my career at BOK Financial right out of college and have been here for 5 years. The organization has an amazing culture of inclusion and a strong community presence. I feel like my management team genuinely cares about my development and encourages me to grow in my career. The benefits, especially the 401K plan is very competitive.
Pros
Culture, Development, Benefits
Cons
Runs Lean

Agent (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 12, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. The culture is very relaxed and my work schedule is flexible, which is great for me because I tend to do superior work when I have more control.

Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
I loved working here, all the staff were nice and friendly, even the customers that banked there were like family. Lots of opportunities to grow in your career, great benefits, and compensations.

Strive to grow
Senior Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2018
Great Company who gives you all the tools to help you succeed in your career. If you have the drive to learn and listen, career opportunities are endless
Pros
So many tools to advance your carrer
Cons
keeping your feelings in check.

Fun place
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2018
Fun place would have still been there if hours were what I needed.
I had lots of fun doing my time at BOK and would love to go back if time permits and just a good place
good
good
August 20, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOK Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight