BOK Financial Employee Reviews

Solid company
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 25, 2018
Well-manager super regional bank. Clearly defined areas of expertise and focus. Sufficient capital and profitability to invest in the business. High integrity of managers at every level.
BOK is very structured and metric-driven. Culture is not as "warm" as I've experienced in other ihdustries.
Sr. Human Resources Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 25, 2018
Hierarchical, "political"; Supervisors tend to do what they needed to do to get ahead, sometimes at the risk of their direct reports. Good training and on-boarding.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Political
Loved BOK
Teller / Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2018
Bank of Oklahoma is a great employer. I began as a Teller at one of the busiest traditional branches in Broken Arrow, and then transferred to the Bank Technology Center in Tulsa. There I did computer data entry creating bank cards and assisting customers account needs in the Relationship Management Department. I enjoyed many of my team members and upper management. I was treated well, and trained well. I ended up staying home for the next 7 years after my maternity leave to raise my 2 boys.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Honestly can't think of any
Love working for BOKF
Mortgage Servicing Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 21, 2018
I started out as an Asst Branch Manager in the DFW Texas Market. Moved up to Branch Manager within a few years. Left the bank after 5 years to move back home to AR. Would have transferred, but there were no openings available. Fast forward 5 years and I was laid off and immediatly thought of BOKF. I moved to OK for an opportunity to get my foot back in the door with an awesome company. Almost another 5 years with no intention of leaving.
Pros
Growth opportunity if you are willing to work for it.
Cons
Salary is conservative, but that's worth it due to the balance provided with work and family.
Loved my Job!!
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2018
I got let go on a certain issues the problem I felt like it was not handled correctly they are cut throat and will not help when it is a problem for your self!! when you made a mistake they do not even explain or give you a warning my branch manager was amazing the corporate level are different they cut throat and do not give you a chance to explain and go through warnings or write ups on what you did so i am a little bitter!! I was a top performer I felt like it was easy to meet your goals just not easy to impress your corporate big wigs...
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
bad corporate level leadership
Potential- but not there yet.
Senior Assistant Branch Center Manager, Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 11, 2018
Tons of potential with this company, but they cannot get it together from an employee development/engagement standpoint. Senior level management does not have a great pulse of the atmosphere or concerns of employees in the field.
Productive office
Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2018
Very stressful but I worked with a very dedicated group.
Lucrative vacation, personal days and sick day allotment.
Lack of advancement prompted me to apply for a different job.
Pros
Improved benefits package
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Competitive Work Enviornment
Assistant Manager Development Graduate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 1, 2018
Great work culture, but extremely competitive. I would like to have seen more team work. Management was fantastic. Company expects ethical work practices, and enforces their vision.
Nothing special
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2018
I never felt part of the culture. Very robotic place to work. Very poor management of my department led to complete elimination of the department. Other areas have superb management - I just could not get into a well run department unfortunately. My 20 plus years experience was never tapped.
Management treats you more like a number than a person
Express Banker (Current Employee) –  May, OKSeptember 26, 2018
You are constantly being told what you can fix or improve rather than a compliment and occasional praise. Management picks favorites and does not even hide it.
Pros
Food Truck Thursday
Account Services Representative
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
My position was to make mainly outbound calls, working from a specific call queue. This was specific in relationship to the date and amount of a charged off account.

Took inbound calls from debtors and make arrangements with our customer for repayment of the charged off balance.

Logged all complaints, as each call is recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.

Followed specific daily guidelines to meet the quotas set for each individual in the department.

Our department had monthly birthday celebrations, food days and was set up to be business casual in our dress code. We were located in a secured private building location and it was not open to the general public.
Pros
I enjoyed the challenge of using my negotiating skills and customer service skills.
Cons
Company weekly production goals, were very hard to achieve, due to the necessity to meet daily volume goals, no further information necessary.
Oklahoma run company
International Trade Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
I was not a fit. To be fair, there were others there who spent many years. Black Friday, the Friday before Christmas Eve, the company has massive layoffs contributing a poor work environment.
Compensation & Work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Management is prejudice. The culture of management is controlled by Tulsa which brings a small town mentality of cultural diversity. Unprofessional behavior from management was made to women and minorities that were independent, experienced and competent. The management team needs cultural diversity training.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Blatant Discrimination
Great place to advance your career
VP, Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 20, 2018
I absolutely love working for BOK Financial. I have a fantastic boss. I am valued, appreciated and listened to. We can be open and honest with one another. We can agree to disagree.

The team culture is collaborative. Their commitment to community is admirable. They are trying very hard to engage employees and keep everyone excited to be part of the bank.

You can move up, down or across the bank. I've witnessed this with many employees since I joined.
Pros
Culture, Community, Employee Engagement
Cons
Long-time legacy employees who do the bare minimum
Favoritism is rule.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
I was a top performing teller who was promised one thing then waited while others were promoted. Benefits were awesome. The community involvement was why I hung around the longest.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our vision.

Keeps me busy
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
I work in the drive through so we get quite a bit of car flow out here. It is a pretty quite work place. The best part of the job is getting to know the clients we help.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

its ok
Commercial lane teller (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 1, 2018
My work here was much too long ago to base any decisions. I do not have anything else to say about this company or how it runs in its current state. .
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our values and vision. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors!

Bank of Oklahoma
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Great company to work for, IF you work in a big city. If you’re going to work for the company in a community town, be prepared for no advancement out of your position. The local small town branches are hard to get out of. The company is very sales driven and there is a lot of pressure to meet sales goals, which is nearly impossible in small town branches.
Pros
Best 401k program
Cons
Inconsistency in leadership, failure in some management
August 20, 2018

Oracle Production Support Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 25, 2018
the workplace is great. there are cultural diversity observed there.. The management is acceptable. the hardest part is dealing with costumers service. i enjoy working there. i have learned leadership skill there

risky place to work
Lead Transit Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74135July 23, 2018
the actual job position was awesome. The duties of position was fast pace and exciting. Was recruited for this position and than 4 months later staff and I was let go.
Pros
great job
Cons
company does a lot of force reductions
August 20, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOK Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight