BOK Financial Employee Reviews

great regional bank with wonderful work environment
Vice President, Dealer Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2019
BOK provides many resources for employees to succeed in the financial industry. BOK also invests in the community and offers many options for someone that finds volunteering in non profit organizations a priority.
Race and Age biased employer
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2019
They are famous for laying off long-time employees over age 50 and most especially women.

They have a good ole boy, white man culture and rarely promote anyone other than that stereotype to a position of any significance.

The pay and benefits are good but there is no job security unless you are a white male.
January 16, 2019

Inclusion is essential to our mission as a bank and a core leadership competency at BOK Financial. Our vision is to continually foster and support the principles and values of our company by promoting an environment that is inclusive of the diverse values, opinions, experiences, cultures, races, gender, ages and needs of our employees, clients, and communities. Though we strive to provide and create a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Great Organization
Investor Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 26, 2018
This is a great organization to work for with flexibility, possible advancement opportunities, etc. Compensation a little low. I am hoping to advance my career here, but we will see
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

Foreclosure Specialist
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 26, 2018
The management is under a ton of stress when at times is projected onto the staff, which in turn creates stress for the staff. Other than that, all was great.
Pros
Quiet Enviornment
Cons
Stress
Good Company
VP/Sr. Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 21, 2018
A good Company with a great history. They work hard to create a great customer experience. The management works hard to remain engaged with the teams,
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
staffing
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. BOKF works hard to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this was the case for you!

Great work, poor environment and culture
Transit Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 26, 2018
The work was great but very undervalued by the bank. The culture was immature and the environment stressful. Management was outdated and not engaged with the process.
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
No breaks and under valued
Solid company
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 25, 2018
Well-manager super regional bank. Clearly defined areas of expertise and focus. Sufficient capital and profitability to invest in the business. High integrity of managers at every level.
BOK is very structured and metric-driven. Culture is not as "warm" as I've experienced in other ihdustries.
Sr. Human Resources Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 25, 2018
Hierarchical, "political"; Supervisors tend to do what they needed to do to get ahead, sometimes at the risk of their direct reports. Good training and on-boarding.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Political
Loved BOK
Teller / Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2018
Bank of Oklahoma is a great employer. I began as a Teller at one of the busiest traditional branches in Broken Arrow, and then transferred to the Bank Technology Center in Tulsa. There I did computer data entry creating bank cards and assisting customers account needs in the Relationship Management Department. I enjoyed many of my team members and upper management. I was treated well, and trained well. I ended up staying home for the next 7 years after my maternity leave to raise my 2 boys.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Honestly can't think of any
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our values and vision. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors!

Love working for BOKF
Mortgage Servicing Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 21, 2018
I started out as an Asst Branch Manager in the DFW Texas Market. Moved up to Branch Manager within a few years. Left the bank after 5 years to move back home to AR. Would have transferred, but there were no openings available. Fast forward 5 years and I was laid off and immediatly thought of BOKF. I moved to OK for an opportunity to get my foot back in the door with an awesome company. Almost another 5 years with no intention of leaving.
Pros
Growth opportunity if you are willing to work for it.
Cons
Salary is conservative, but that's worth it due to the balance provided with work and family.
Loved my Job!!
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2018
I got let go on a certain issues the problem I felt like it was not handled correctly they are cut throat and will not help when it is a problem for your self!! when you made a mistake they do not even explain or give you a warning my branch manager was amazing the corporate level are different they cut throat and do not give you a chance to explain and go through warnings or write ups on what you did so i am a little bitter!! I was a top performer I felt like it was easy to meet your goals just not easy to impress your corporate big wigs...
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
bad corporate level leadership
Potential- but not there yet.
Senior Assistant Branch Center Manager, Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 11, 2018
Tons of potential with this company, but they cannot get it together from an employee development/engagement standpoint. Senior level management does not have a great pulse of the atmosphere or concerns of employees in the field.
Productive office
Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2018
Very stressful but I worked with a very dedicated group.
Lucrative vacation, personal days and sick day allotment.
Lack of advancement prompted me to apply for a different job.
Pros
Improved benefits package
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities

Competitive Work Enviornment
Assistant Manager Development Graduate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 1, 2018
Great work culture, but extremely competitive. I would like to have seen more team work. Management was fantastic. Company expects ethical work practices, and enforces their vision.
Nothing special
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2018
I never felt part of the culture. Very robotic place to work. Very poor management of my department led to complete elimination of the department. Other areas have superb management - I just could not get into a well run department unfortunately. My 20 plus years experience was never tapped.
Management treats you more like a number than a person
Express Banker (Current Employee) –  May, OKSeptember 26, 2018
You are constantly being told what you can fix or improve rather than a compliment and occasional praise. Management picks favorites and does not even hide it.
Pros
Food Truck Thursday
January 16, 2019

Inclusion is essential to our mission as a bank and a core leadership competency at BOK Financial. Our vision is to continually foster and support the principles and values of our company by promoting an environment that is inclusive of the diverse values, opinions, experiences, cultures and needs of our employees, clients, and communities. Though we strive to provide a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Account Services Representative
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
My position was to make mainly outbound calls, working from a specific call queue. This was specific in relationship to the date and amount of a charged off account.

Took inbound calls from debtors and make arrangements with our customer for repayment of the charged off balance.

Logged all complaints, as each call is recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.

Followed specific daily guidelines to meet the quotas set for each individual in the department.

Our department had monthly birthday celebrations, food days and was set up to be business casual in our dress code. We were located in a secured private building location and it was not open to the general public.
Pros
I enjoyed the challenge of using my negotiating skills and customer service skills.
Cons
Company weekly production goals, were very hard to achieve, due to the necessity to meet daily volume goals, no further information necessary.
Oklahoma run company
International Trade Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
I was not a fit. To be fair, there were others there who spent many years. Black Friday, the Friday before Christmas Eve, the company has massive layoffs contributing a poor work environment.
Compensation & Work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Management is prejudice. The culture of management is controlled by Tulsa which brings a small town mentality of cultural diversity. Unprofessional behavior from management was made to women and minorities that were independent, experienced and competent. The management team needs cultural diversity training.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Blatant Discrimination
January 16, 2019

Inclusion is essential to our mission as a bank and a core leadership competency at BOK Financial. Our vision is to continually foster and support the principles and values of our company by promoting an environment that is inclusive of the diverse values, opinions, experiences, cultures, races, gender, age and needs of our employees, clients, and communities. Though we strive to provide a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Great place to advance your career
VP, Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 20, 2018
I absolutely love working for BOK Financial. I have a fantastic boss. I am valued, appreciated and listened to. We can be open and honest with one another. We can agree to disagree.

The team culture is collaborative. Their commitment to community is admirable. They are trying very hard to engage employees and keep everyone excited to be part of the bank.

You can move up, down or across the bank. I've witnessed this with many employees since I joined.
Pros
Culture, Community, Employee Engagement
Cons
Long-time legacy employees who do the bare minimum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOK Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight