Fast-paced environment with great culture and great people
Senior Controls Application Engineer (Current Employee) – Gaithersburg, MD – April 4, 2012
• Typical day of work might include giving presentations at an MEP engineer's office, walking a job-site in ankle high mud, crawling through mechanical rooms or ductwork, sitting at a computer reviewing or writing project specifications, or discussing strategy for project procurement.
• Direct interactions with customers helped to promote a sales mentality through managing expectations, developing personal relationships, and building rapport.
• Worked with several types of energy management and building automation systems including Trane legacy, Trane open/standard, and Tridium systems.
• Learned how to manage complex projects while balancing various meetings and deadlines.
• My coworkers offered lots of support and were always willing to go the extra mile to get a job done efficiently and correctly.
• The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty. If a large project came in with a very short deadline, getting everything done in time often required very long workdays sometimes in the 18 hr range.