Bolivar Medical Center Employee Reviews

No matter how hard you worked, you were always rewarded. Your hard work never went unnoticed.
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 5, 2018
I love my experience at Bolivar Medical Center, I learned alot. I also worked around hard working people who were willing to help. I've seen people walk in unhappy and leave out happy all because of the team work and support. I've watched people come in the Er and the Doctor woukd explain what was going on 2x and what was going to happen next. I also watched the nurse explain the procedure before do anything. Everyone their is gentle, hard working passionate, getting the job done. Everyone at BMC knows for every 1 patient whom they have satisfied will bring a million more people who wants to have the best experience.
ok place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 18, 2018
Hard job, sometimes worked as a team. there were sometimes available resources, but staff sometimes not available. Could have been better with more staff
New Management
ER Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSAugust 14, 2018
With new management this could be a great place to work. I heard some changes had been made since I left so maybe its gotten better. You still have to know someone to get in there though.
Pros
a job
Cons
at the time management was horrible
Work as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (CRT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 30, 2018
Workload has its ups and downs. Some days are tiring and some days are smooth sailing. Some employees are willing to help. The environment is friendly. You're learn that stress is really part of the job.
Overall great environment that showed good managerial kills in the workplace and team oriented
Er Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 14, 2018
Overall it was great experience working there and growing from being in that position. It was always a good feeling knowing that I was helping someone directly.
Pros
Half off cafeteria food
Cons
Short staffed at times
Fast paced; stressful; competitive place to work
Health Info Mgr; Inpatient Coder/DRG Coor. (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MS 38732April 27, 2018
Bolivar Medical Center was a wonderful place to work. Employees were wonderful; had unlimited educational opportunities; workplace culture was great. My family required more of my time so I voluntarily stepped down from HIM Mgr working 50+ hours to
40 hours a week as Inpatient Coder/DRG Coor. Management changed in the Hospital and HIM Dept. There were too many differences of opinion, differences in work ethics, differences in overall running of the hospital and HIM department.

After my husband expired, I did not bounce back in a timely manner and the manager wrote me up to the point of terminating my employment. Until that time, I had never received any incident reports in my employment file in 40 + years. At that time I started working from home; slowly regained my composure from my husband expiring, and have experienced no further working problems with any employer.
Cons
Changes in company management and department management
Bolivar Medical Center is a great place to work
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,MSMarch 11, 2018
The work environment is great I have been there going on 15years I get along with everyone I work hard help patients and saving lives everyone knows me I have a very positive attitude working at BMC is like having my second family that what makes working there fun and exciting and you are seeing different patients every day I am a team player I work well with others I am always pompt for my job never late don't call in just want to start something new
Pros
I have a good administration at the hospital
Cons
I hardly get breaks
Lpn
License Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSNovember 27, 2017
I learned something different everyday I enjoyed working with the different types of patients learning about all the different disease processes and how it affects the body.
good work place.
Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I enjoyed taking care of the patients. Good supervisor. Nice co-workers. Doctors were pleasant to work with.I learned alot.
Pros
team-players
Cons
not enough help sometimes.
A fun place to work
ER Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 17, 2017
I would recommend Bolivar Medical Center to family and Friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the patients I have learned a lot.in my experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks
Very fun but fast paced work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSAugust 7, 2017
Using Vacutainer needles and butterfly needles to draw blood specimens from patients logging in the blood specimens that we received aiding in emergency room code blues
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Short breaks
great environment
UTILIZATION REVIEW NURSE/NURSE SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSAugust 2, 2017
A company that believes in allowing employees to reach their potential, provides a balanced environment. Terrific benefits. Administration spends times with employees.
Lab director is just pure nasty
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 22, 2017
I worked at bmc for a fair amount of time in the lab. While the supervisors are superb and wonderful people, the director is a very toxic woman. She isn't mature at all, and acts very childish. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for her. She treats her best workers like garbage. They need to remove her immediately. She made me do many 16 hour shifts because she doesn't care enough to get people in and keep them. Leaving this place was the best thing to ever happen to me.
Pros
The supervisors
Cons
The director
Accounting Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 30, 2017
I loved my internship. I was able to learn everything in their department. I interacted with the controller, a/p clerk, a/r clerk, payroll clerk, and the staff accountant. I learned something from each one of those positions. Management was great. I answered to the controller but the CFO was completely involved as well. They were pleasant people. The workplace culture was easy going, fun, and not stressful at all. The hardest part of the job was learning the system initially. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the woman and learning from them. They allowed me to learn everything.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
It was only an internship that didn't last.
Management is horrible
Er Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 28, 2017
I worked as a ER Clerk for 6 months. The job itself was not the problem. I enjoyed the job and my coworkers.The supervisor over the ER department is horrible and very unprofessional. I've never seen anything like it! The lady is pathetic and very lazy. If she could be removed from this department the department will really see a difference.
Cons
Poor management skills, very messy
Upper management is bogus
Heart monitor tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 1, 2017
Working for BMC is great if you can work the night shift.. the upper management here is completely a joke. As it seems they are only out for them selves and they have no idea how to run a hospital
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 29, 2016
This facility is large for the area in which it is located. The Nurse/patient ratios are ridiculous, with as many as 10 med-surg patients at a time. That may not sound like a lot. But that was total patient care. They often canceled shifts if the census was low. The first shifts canceled were CNAs of course. Which leaves an RN/LPN passing meds, hanging IVs/blood/plasma, and doing routine basic care, processing orders and charting, by themselves. They do offer a higher rate of pay, but there is more work than one person can handle in a 12 hour shift.
Excellent work place
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 14, 2016
I really loved working there. Working in the hospital was different and fun. It really brought out the compassion in me. I've learned the importance of keeping these confidential. I've learned medical terms and how to work with patients with physical problems.
Messy environment!!!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 15, 2015
CNA's are always getting too much of a workload of patients without adequate help. Sometimes handling 30 patients alone. If you are hired for one particular department, you will be placed on Med/Surgery without warning and will make you work there even though that is not where you was assigned when first hired. The patient matrix will result in you having low census days much too often as well at this hospital. Nursing staff must be greatly improved when it comes to listening to their Nurses and CNA's. Need to get rid of some of the messy older nurses who have the attitude of entitlement who belittle and are disrespectful to some nurses and aides. Could give everyone annual raises for the hard work that their nurse and aides do.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low census, not working in assigned areas, more help for cnas.
Good place to work.
Registered Nurse, Charge (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 9, 2015
Good co-workers
Love the patients in the Delta.
Great Manager
Short Staff at times.
Gained experience and knowledge in Labor & Delivery and Nursery
12 hour days
long commute to work
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Long commute to work