Bolt Express Employee Reviews

Dirty, worthless company
Independent Contractor/Owner-operator, Cargo (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
This company don't care nothing about owner/operator. Will take all your money chance they get. Bolt received $800 for a run 1800 pounds going a 100 miles Bolt offered $120 paid the driver $150.because I to ask for more.
Pros
occasional runs
Cons
the low ball the drivers
Sucking Vampires
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2018
13 years in expediting. $200 for a background check, you sit too much, you deadhead to much, cheat you on the actual miles, over saturated with bull
Pros
Cons
Worst just the like XPO and Panther
Its a good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2018
Its a good job to work if you like to travel across the United States and be away from home for weeks and you could take time off if you need to and you only get payed by the load per mile
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Away from home alot
awesome
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2018
great work place awesome trucks nice people u get a lot of miles go home anytime u want stay out ad long u want great pay great home time 5 days off after a year n a 1000 sign on bonus
Pros
free lunchs once a month
watch your back
Driver Qualification Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 1, 2018
after I was hired I was told they already hired someone for that job but that person could not start for another 2 months. So needless to say after 90 days I was out. Oddly enough both people left in that department after I left had little to no experience in the transportation field when I had over 20
Pros
pays good
Cons
you may get good pay but you probable won't keep your job long
lack of everything
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 30, 2018
the company itself was great.
it was the independent contractor i worked for that was poor.
its not easy to get a new independent contractor to work for.
Cons
independent contractors
Bolt Review
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, TNApril 30, 2018
Great pay for owner/operators. Ex husband and I worked Team running mainly car parts from Detroit to the border in Laredo TX. Also did many other runs throughout the USA
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2018
The only reason I left Bolt was because my spouse was relocated. I truly believe this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The management really cares about their people and it shows. They are family-centered and if you are a hard worker they will be flexible and work with you when things come up.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Wonderful Place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent place to work, my direct Manager was awesome. Unfortunately during my first 90 days, i had come upon some health issues as well as car issues and it was difficult at times to be to work on time, or even be there at all. I hold no ill will towards Management because at the end of the day, they need to run a business
Stepping stone
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 5, 2018
If you choice to work for this company don’t plan on making good money ! They do not pay their employees what they are worth. Only thing you get from this company is experience to put on your resume.
Pros
Experience for better job
Cons
Under paid poor middle management and hog turn over
Great Expediting Company
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Bolt Express is a great Expediting Company to work for if you are a OTR Owner Operator or looking to drive for a fleet owner. Great Pay and Great Miles.
Busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 14, 2017
Drove truck to all Continental states. Preformed road side inspections daily. Supervised loading and unloading of truck. Prepared log books.Wrote up onvoices
Pros
good pay
Cons
would not pay on time. Never got last check
Honest work for your time.
Corporate Airfreight Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2017
Bolt Express was a good fair cultural experience in the out skirts of Toledo, OH. As a private company you get a sense that it was truly a family company until the things turned manic to meet goals. Continued metrics were hit and yet the promised employee bonus structure was never made.
Pros
Free lunches, expense freedom.
Cons
Stress filled job, avialible 24/7
Productive and flexible work environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2017
Overall pretty decent job!! The staff dispatch,safety and driver relations dept for the most part were very friendly and helpful.So were the fleet owners that hired me to drive their trucks...The one thing I would say about particularly the expedite trucking industry as a whole...Is that it can be very inconsistent and very unpredictable at times. Very hard to plan your life around it!
Pros
Get to travel and see the country
Cons
Not that much home time and social life
Streesfull
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
They changed management to regular. The dispatchers were poorly trained in conducting there duties. Payroll was incorrect and had to dispute payroll to get correct amount.
Great company if you have a positive attitude
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
If you show up with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills and apply yourself, you will enjoy being a part of this team.

The hardest part of the job is that we are providing customers with transportation services for shipments that have very little room for error. The customer is already anxious and sometimes angry by the time they have to call us for help. It can be challenging but our drivers are awesome and we are trained to find a solution for our customers no matter how difficult it may be. It can be very rewarding when you help someone out.

I have seen a lot of my coworkers get promoted over the past 5 years so there is definitely an opportunity for career advancement.

The management team is great and very supportive as long as you have a positive attitude and help your team in anyway you can. They also go out of their way to try and make this fun.

We have a lot of good people working here and driving for us!
Pros
Very positive work environment
Don't listen to the lies.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 17, 2017
You will spend a lot of times sitting at truck stops getting to know other Bolt Express drivers. They keep hiring more and more drivers even when they don't have enough work for the ones they have. Dispatch will nickel and dime you to death with the Datacom card and lie to you about everything to just get you to take a load. Most weeks after gas, tolls and fees my take home was less then a 100.00. Don't waste your time and money.
Pros
Spend up to a week at the truck stop waiting for a load. Lol
Great place overall and great supervisors
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 13, 2017
I love bolt! They gave me a chance with no prior experience and even went out of their normal schedule for shifts for me which was such a blessing because i wouldn't have been able to work there otherwise. My supervisor is awesome, and very knowledgeable with anything logistics. Fun atmosphere, of course every job is going to have a bad apple or to but for the most part everyone there are fun to work with and helpful. My only knock, is the pay. I match the pay here vs other logistic companies and it just doesn't add up. Besides that, i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good workers and mgmt, provides food(unless your 3rd shift, you get leftovers), laid back
Cons
pay, and requesting days off can be a hassle.
Not Good!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2017
Bolt Express is a terrible place to work. They will promise the world but you will realize day one on the job that you were misinformed. Managers care only about themselves and their job security. No direction, no mentoring, no training, no help period. If you are looking for a job with a bright future, Bolt Express is not the place.
Very bad company
Driver and owner operater (Former Employee) –  All over US.January 11, 2017
Bolt violates federal transportation safety rules. For example they are dishonest with mileage of a trip. One trip I took was more than 200 miles over what they claimed. This overage should have resulted in an additional 5 hours for rest but I was denied this. When I made them aware they punished me by making me wait on next load for 10 days. They also do not pay adequate per mile rates. I carry all the cost as an owner operator. They take all the profit. Avoid this company. I give them negative 5 stars.
Pros
.They offer pizza
Cons
Dishonest