Bolt Express Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bolt Review
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, TNApril 30, 2018
Great pay for owner/operators. Ex husband and I worked Team running mainly car parts from Detroit to the border in Laredo TX. Also did many other runs throughout the USA
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2018
The only reason I left Bolt was because my spouse was relocated. I truly believe this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The management really cares about their people and it shows. They are family-centered and if you are a hard worker they will be flexible and work with you when things come up.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Wonderful Place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent place to work, my direct Manager was awesome. Unfortunately during my first 90 days, i had come upon some health issues as well as car issues and it was difficult at times to be to work on time, or even be there at all. I hold no ill will towards Management because at the end of the day, they need to run a business
Stepping stone
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 5, 2018
If you choice to work for this company don’t plan on making good money ! They do not pay their employees what they are worth. Only thing you get from this company is experience to put on your resume.
Pros
Experience for better job
Cons
Under paid poor middle management and hog turn over
Great Expediting Company
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Bolt Express is a great Expediting Company to work for if you are a OTR Owner Operator or looking to drive for a fleet owner. Great Pay and Great Miles.
Honest work for your time.
Corporate Airfreight Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2017
Bolt Express was a good fair cultural experience in the out skirts of Toledo, OH. As a private company you get a sense that it was truly a family company until the things turned manic to meet goals. Continued metrics were hit and yet the promised employee bonus structure was never made.
Pros
Free lunches, expense freedom.
Cons
Stress filled job, avialible 24/7
Productive and flexible work environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2017
Overall pretty decent job!! The staff dispatch,safety and driver relations dept for the most part were very friendly and helpful.So were the fleet owners that hired me to drive their trucks...The one thing I would say about particularly the expedite trucking industry as a whole...Is that it can be very inconsistent and very unpredictable at times. Very hard to plan your life around it!
Pros
Get to travel and see the country
Cons
Not that much home time and social life
Streesfull
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
They changed management to regular. The dispatchers were poorly trained in conducting there duties. Payroll was incorrect and had to dispute payroll to get correct amount.
Great company if you have a positive attitude
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
If you show up with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills and apply yourself, you will enjoy being a part of this team.

The hardest part of the job is that we are providing customers with transportation services for shipments that have very little room for error. The customer is already anxious and sometimes angry by the time they have to call us for help. It can be challenging but our drivers are awesome and we are trained to find a solution for our customers no matter how difficult it may be. It can be very rewarding when you help someone out.

I have seen a lot of my coworkers get promoted over the past 5 years so there is definitely an opportunity for career advancement.

The management team is great and very supportive as long as you have a positive attitude and help your team in anyway you can. They also go out of their way to try and make this fun.

We have a lot of good people working here and driving for us!
Pros
Very positive work environment
Don't listen to the lies.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 17, 2017
You will spend a lot of times sitting at truck stops getting to know other Bolt Express drivers. They keep hiring more and more drivers even when they don't have enough work for the ones they have. Dispatch will nickel and dime you to death with the Datacom card and lie to you about everything to just get you to take a load. Most weeks after gas, tolls and fees my take home was less then a 100.00. Don't waste your time and money.
Pros
Spend up to a week at the truck stop waiting for a load. Lol
Great place overall and great supervisors
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 13, 2017
I love bolt! They gave me a chance with no prior experience and even went out of their normal schedule for shifts for me which was such a blessing because i wouldn't have been able to work there otherwise. My supervisor is awesome, and very knowledgeable with anything logistics. Fun atmosphere, of course every job is going to have a bad apple or to but for the most part everyone there are fun to work with and helpful. My only knock, is the pay. I match the pay here vs other logistic companies and it just doesn't add up. Besides that, i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good workers and mgmt, provides food(unless your 3rd shift, you get leftovers), laid back
Cons
pay, and requesting days off can be a hassle.
Not Good!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2017
Bolt Express is a terrible place to work. They will promise the world but you will realize day one on the job that you were misinformed. Managers care only about themselves and their job security. No direction, no mentoring, no training, no help period. If you are looking for a job with a bright future, Bolt Express is not the place.
Very bad company
Driver and owner operater (Former Employee) –  All over US.January 11, 2017
Bolt violates federal transportation safety rules. For example they are dishonest with mileage of a trip. One trip I took was more than 200 miles over what they claimed. This overage should have resulted in an additional 5 hours for rest but I was denied this. When I made them aware they punished me by making me wait on next load for 10 days. They also do not pay adequate per mile rates. I carry all the cost as an owner operator. They take all the profit. Avoid this company. I give them negative 5 stars.
Pros
.They offer pizza
Cons
Dishonest
Great work environment
Safety/Qualifications (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 21, 2016
This is a great company to work for, as long as you have a strong work ethic. Lots of room for growth, continuing education, development, and promotions. This company truly cares about its employees.
Pros
Upbeat, challenging, friendly environment
Cons
None (really!)
Piece of work not a good company
Tony Armstrong (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 14, 2016
Eat my pebis! No reson at all got fired probably because I didn't give it up been driving there for past 4 months. Put me in bad spot, do not recommend anyone working for them
The wrong company to work for
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 27, 2016
The whole company is a big scam and I suggest those job seekers not to apply for the company. Yes they are horrible when you hit the road but at the beginning is all good. Listen closely and forget the job.
Nice for road warrior types. Most dispatchers ok
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 10, 2016
Pick up freight, drop it off, not much to it except living on the road may be difficult for most. Airport pick ups and Ford Plant pick ups always had some complication. Dispatchers for most part were helpful. A couple were incompetent and aggressive to speak to.
Poor management and HIGH turnover
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 23, 2016
Senior management is an absolute joke... some mid level managers are okay. Turn over is incredibly high. Everything thing at Bolt Express is last minute and pretty frustrating. They try to make it a "nice working environment" with food and the occasional short day, but they would get a lot further if senior management practiced what they preached and paid fair wages. If you are looking for a job I would suggest that you don't plan to be there long or pursue another opportunity.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes...
Cons
Very poor senior management
This is a great company with great Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 5, 2016
They empower Employees.

They give the sense that they care.

There is alot of room for opportunity.

I have seen some of the best team work that I have experience anywhere.

I dont think they take terminations lightly - but this is a company that cherishes good attitude and culture and not everyone can fit into this enveironmwent.

Give Bolt a shot
Pros
Opportunity, Culture
Cons
Benefits are not great (not bad, Training could be improved
Company started out great butt
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2016
The company was great to work for until they let others make changes and make key personnel changes. Then they let you go because of restructuring of the department and do it via phone call which was not professional at all.How they are voted one of top work places is crazy because they will walk people out at any time and turn over is high.