Bolt Express
58Below average

Bolt Express Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews
I worked at Bolt for over a year and a half. On most occasions, I was left hanging, when dealing with the main office. They failed to pay my heavy highway tax bill to the Federal Government in a timely manner. Bolt finally paid the tax bill, when the IRS got involved. They conveniently found they misplaced the money in another account. Of course Bolt terminated my employment, when I constantly complained about the IRS requesting their funds.
Pros
Flexibility to do your job.
Cons
Very little support from Home Office (Driver Manager & Office Staff)
When I started working at Bolt Express 7 years ago, I hit the jackpot. Employees are truly valued and appreciated and their input and ideas are always listened to. Regardless of job title, everyone is treated equal and important. If you didn't know who our executive team was, you couldn't pick them out. They consider themselves equal and your job just as important as theirs. The culture is like no other, we are all one big family. We work hard and play hard. Offsite & onsite activities, potlucks, holiday celebrations, raffles, paid day off for your birthday and generous sick and vacation time are just some of the extra perks. Bolt also gives back to the community by giving to many local charities and sponsoring families during the holiday season. I could go on, but I will end by saying Bolt Express is the best place to work, hands down.
Pros
Culutre, Employee Appreciation
Cons
N/a
I have worked for Bolt for almost 6 years now. 4 OTR and 2 local. Overall I have been pretty happy with them. The truckload dispatchers are awesome, they take into account your needs and try to balance your needs with the needs of our customers! When I was OTR if I needed time off they did their best to accommodate me and get me a load home! They have newer trucks that are in good condition and if there is a problem the shop they have takes care of it right away! If I had one complaint it is a lack of communication from the management to the drivers, other than dispatch we have very sporadic communication from management about what maybe happening within the company. But it is still a great place to work!!
Pros
Good pay, great dispatchers, flexible home time.
Cons
Sporadic communication from upper management
Bolt is a great company to work for. We are all family here with mutual love and respect for each other. There's always the opportunity to contribute and grow within the company. Bolt Express is always grooming you to get you to the next level. Between the food, the games, the contests, etc, there's always a fun time to have a Bolt
Pros
Laid back environment. Great culture
Cons
Health Benefits
I Love working at Bolt Express, I work with the drivers and make sure they have all of the information and tools they need to be successful out on the road. The Management Team at Bolt Express is great, they always make sure we are prepared, and get us any additional training or Certifications we need.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have been with Bolt Express for 3 years and it has been the best employment experience for me and my family. We are treated like people instead of a number, we are respected and feel like part of the family culture that they cultivate. I can't imagine working anywhere else. Hopefully I will be able to retire with Bolt.
They are just. Ok it was nice for a minute just dont pay enough. Lack of communication they dont tell you much you have to stay on them a lot on things they look for you to run your clock out
I work for the company for a short period of time. Though I love the travel the company has poor management skills, they lie about a lot of the loads and don't give you very much information to go on. If you work for a contractor it's even worse because not everyone who is a business owner is good at running the business. But bolt express doesn't care if you would notice they have a very high turnover rate and they never respond to any of these accusations because they are a poorly run company. And they brag about being the largest company in the industry. And that is partially only due to advertisement that they pay for..
Owners have the say at Bolt, depemding on how long they've been with them. Establish communication with whomever owns the vehicle if it's not yours!!!
Pros
Exciting opportunity
Cons
Can get slow at times and the owners of the fleets are treated with more respect than the drivers.
They only care for the upper manager pay so driver does not get the percent in contract to the van. Plus customer are getting charge pay for detention from pickup time and are not passing it to the drivers. JUST A BUNCH OF F?????? Thieves
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bolt Express?
They tell you they can give you miles to earn money but they don’t you sit waiting for loads 90% of your time.
There dispatchers are rude and if you refuse a Mini run the take it personal
Bolt is an ok place to work if you need to be micro-managed and overseen by several different managers. Half the time you don't know who to answer to.
Worst experience. They lie to you to get you in the door and deceive you every step of the way. They have had an ad online for a local job out of toledo for months. I hired in for that job and was gone in a month. It's part time or not local at all. Terrible company and they dont care about safety. Management stinks.
I'm an over-the-road driver for Bolt Express, second time I hired in. They are honest company. Settled on a plan when I started and stayed on it. Need to get home they make sure it happens. .
equipment good maintenance
Pros
Volvo's, friendly and respectful dispatchers now . No forced dispatch
Cons
Trucks could be a tad bit newer
I was driving for someone and it started out ok but something came up with the van and it needed fixed and the owner wanted to not fix it and i thought it was a good idea and not take any chances and she descided to replace me and then bolt said i could not drive for another owner or be a owner there again so if you descide to go there they are a good company but be carefull.
If your a new driver I would highly recommend that you start with another company first. Management are liars and cheats. Hard believing anything that is said. If you leave the company within the 90 days they keep all your earnings. Money that you have worked hard for, also they have a slick way of doing business keep up with everything. Definitely not a starter company for a new driver they take full advantage.
Best if you own your own vehicle. If work is up and running expect to be moving day and night depending on what area you are in. Make sure to pay attention towhere the load drops in-order your best chance for a load same day or next day.
Pros
They do their best to keep you moving if you work with them
Cons
Slows down in winterGreat
Well, where do I begin. Bolt will promise you the word by the time they are done with you , I promise you. You will be homeless with zero money. Bot only that their straight truck are always broken and you will spend time sitting than working, you will not get paid. They give zero toss about you. Stay away from this company

you care about
Bolt (STA Transportation),makes you pay for your on gas and then chooses where you have to get gas at. This should be illegal because if you have to pay for gas out of your settlement and only getting 60% of the load you are giving over half your pay back to the company.
Alot of sitting....alot of unpaid stuff. Greedy company ..... can easily lose 4 to 600.00 per week in wages by sitting and waiting like an idiot . Insurance is expensive and sub standard.
Having never done expediting before, Bolt could do better with their training. I had to do a lot of on the job training and learn a lot that I never knew before. Management was a bit distant to the drivers
The hardest part of the job was balancing time away from home and being at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling!