Bolt Express Employee Reviews

very understanding management good job culture
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 16, 2018
I very much enjoyed working for bolt and may one day go back to them no problems with management they take your health very serious I loved the freedom and I loved my local route they let me go home whenever I wanted too I only left because I have a daughter who is a senior in school who needed my attention I miss it I just wish the pay could have been a little more
Pros
they treat you right from day one
Cons
you got to watch your pay on your miles they will get you
Its a good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2018
Its a good job to work if you like to travel across the United States and be away from home for weeks and you could take time off if you need to and you only get payed by the load per mile
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Away from home alot
Dishonesty is an issue
Over the Road Straight Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 15, 2019
I can only give my experience as an independant contractor not a company driver.
My fleet owner did not uphold our original agreement regarding rate of pay. When i gave notice resignationI did not recieve my final pay. Many of my items were stolen from the truck, dvd palyer, fans, electric skillet etc.
Bolt sided with the fleet owner although i had never had any reprimands or late deliveries.
false advertising company
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 21, 2019
This company is full of bs fleet managers are liers
Dispatch has nasty attitudes and worst of all they dont have the work dont believe what they advertise on indeed because you will not be making that much also look around see all the bolt trucks and vans waiting on loads at truck stops.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
awesome
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2018
great work place awesome trucks nice people u get a lot of miles go home anytime u want stay out ad long u want great pay great home time 5 days off after a year n a 1000 sign on bonus
Pros
free lunchs once a month
Dirty, worthless company
Independent Contractor/Owner-operator, Cargo (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
This company don't care nothing about owner/operator. Will take all your money chance they get. Bolt received $800 for a run 1800 pounds going a 100 miles Bolt offered $120 paid the driver $150.because I to ask for more.
Pros
occasional runs
Cons
the low ball the drivers
Too much waiting for a load
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 23, 2018
Far too much sitting for a load! I'll never work for a company like this again , as an over the road driver bringing home e $371.00 for the week... Absolutely redicolous!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, unfortunately
Good pay and flexible hours
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 2, 2018
on call through out the day. option of staying local or traveling long distance. option to accept or turn down loads. fuel cards loaded for each trip if desired. (comes out of pay)
watch your back
Driver Qualification Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 1, 2018
after I was hired I was told they already hired someone for that job but that person could not start for another 2 months. So needless to say after 90 days I was out. Oddly enough both people left in that department after I left had little to no experience in the transportation field when I had over 20
Pros
pays good
Cons
you may get good pay but you probable won't keep your job long
Sucking Vampires
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2018
13 years in expediting. $200 for a background check, you sit too much, you deadhead to much, cheat you on the actual miles, over saturated with bull
Pros
Cons
Worst just the like XPO and Panther
lack of everything
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 30, 2018
the company itself was great.
it was the independent contractor i worked for that was poor.
its not easy to get a new independent contractor to work for.
Cons
independent contractors
This is a great company with great Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 5, 2016
They empower Employees.

They give the sense that they care.

There is alot of room for opportunity.

I have seen some of the best team work that I have experience anywhere.

I dont think they take terminations lightly - but this is a company that cherishes good attitude and culture and not everyone can fit into this enveironmwent.

Give Bolt a shot
Pros
Opportunity, Culture
Cons
Benefits are not great (not bad, Training could be improved
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2018
The only reason I left Bolt was because my spouse was relocated. I truly believe this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The management really cares about their people and it shows. They are family-centered and if you are a hard worker they will be flexible and work with you when things come up.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Wonderful Place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent place to work, my direct Manager was awesome. Unfortunately during my first 90 days, i had come upon some health issues as well as car issues and it was difficult at times to be to work on time, or even be there at all. I hold no ill will towards Management because at the end of the day, they need to run a business
Great company if you have a positive attitude
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
If you show up with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills and apply yourself, you will enjoy being a part of this team.

The hardest part of the job is that we are providing customers with transportation services for shipments that have very little room for error. The customer is already anxious and sometimes angry by the time they have to call us for help. It can be challenging but our drivers are awesome and we are trained to find a solution for our customers no matter how difficult it may be. It can be very rewarding when you help someone out.

I have seen a lot of my coworkers get promoted over the past 5 years so there is definitely an opportunity for career advancement.

The management team is great and very supportive as long as you have a positive attitude and help your team in anyway you can. They also go out of their way to try and make this fun.

We have a lot of good people working here and driving for us!
Pros
Very positive work environment
Bolt Review
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, TNApril 30, 2018
Great pay for owner/operators. Ex husband and I worked Team running mainly car parts from Detroit to the border in Laredo TX. Also did many other runs throughout the USA
Stepping stone
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 5, 2018
If you choice to work for this company don’t plan on making good money ! They do not pay their employees what they are worth. Only thing you get from this company is experience to put on your resume.
Pros
Experience for better job
Cons
Under paid poor middle management and hog turn over
Not the best place, but it was a job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 10, 2015
typical day at work answer phones and emails consistently, build orders based on customers information, dispatch trucks on those orders, learned how to use slyectus, spot quote shipments, quote domestic air shipments, use of DAT and internet truck stop; Management was lacking very disorganized, micromanaged, had to cover up lies and shipments for management, co-workers were friendly and joking, some let their title get to their head, had to do extra work due to some co-workers lacking in multitasking, hardest part of the job of was dealing with disorganization, covering for co-workers and management, enjoyable part was the multi-tasking, making money, working with the customers, staying busy,
Pros
free lunch at times, getting tickets to sporting events, taking customers out
Cons
not being able to take lunch at times, no beneifts given, over worked under paid, favortism, mircomanaged consistently, covering up lies for management, working 24 hr shifts on the weekends, no room for advancement
Honest work for your time.
Corporate Airfreight Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2017
Bolt Express was a good fair cultural experience in the out skirts of Toledo, OH. As a private company you get a sense that it was truly a family company until the things turned manic to meet goals. Continued metrics were hit and yet the promised employee bonus structure was never made.
Pros
Free lunches, expense freedom.
Cons
Stress filled job, avialible 24/7
Great place overall and great supervisors
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 13, 2017
I love bolt! They gave me a chance with no prior experience and even went out of their normal schedule for shifts for me which was such a blessing because i wouldn't have been able to work there otherwise. My supervisor is awesome, and very knowledgeable with anything logistics. Fun atmosphere, of course every job is going to have a bad apple or to but for the most part everyone there are fun to work with and helpful. My only knock, is the pay. I match the pay here vs other logistic companies and it just doesn't add up. Besides that, i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good workers and mgmt, provides food(unless your 3rd shift, you get leftovers), laid back
Cons
pay, and requesting days off can be a hassle.