BOLT Employee Reviews

hardest I have ever worked, happiest I have ever been
Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2018
Pros
-brilliant, accomplished colleagues and leadership
-amazing technology that supports an ambitious mission (reinventing payments)
-good benefits
-inclusive culture (monthly happy hours, daily team lunch, open office)
-considerable autonomy and responsibility from the moment you join

Cons
-incredibly high standards
-grueling interview process
-everyone has access to the Sonos
Part of Something Awesome
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2018
Honestly, most days I'm not sure how I got lucky enough to be here. I've probably never worked harder, but I've definitely never loved a job this much!
Pros
Free lunches, stock grants, team outings, BRILLIANT colleagues.
Cons
Start up is a pro and a con. Very fast paced. Not for apathetic people.
Great place to work with incredibly talented people
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2018
Bolt is on a mission to make e-commerce simpler for everyone. The team is incredibly talented and motivated hailing from some of the best companies in the Bay Area. Working here is fast-paced but incredibly rewarding. Everyone has high impact from an early-stage.
Game changer in fintech space
Sales (Current Employee) –  SF, CAOctober 30, 2018
Pros
-Very entrepreneurial environment
-Some of the best minds in the valley
-Huge opportunities for career growth
-Massive product market fit

Cons
-Sometimes things move very quickly in the interest of the firm's long term strategy, which is challenging if you are not used to it.
Pros
-Very entrepreneurial environment, -Some of the best minds in the valley, -Huge opportunities for career growth, -Massive product market fit -Best part -> company culture, everyone is hard working, brilliant, and are out for the same mission
Leading the ecommerce revolution
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2018
Working at Bolt means that you get to change the way business is done in the ecommerce space.

Don't expect a free ride, passing the buck, or long strolls to the watercooler. Bolt operates with a high degree of energy that is matched by everyone at the company, no matter what the role is or what the position entails.

Believe it or not, you do get a decent work-life balance but the expectation that we're always on is there. By "on" it should be clarified that everyone here is passionate and driven, inside and outside of work. So even though you may be enjoying a night out on the town-if an opportunity to speak about the company and what we're doing comes up-we take it.

The hardest part of the job is adjusting to a culture that does away with the frivolous and unnecessary language that typically exists in the corporate space. No long wordy emails here. Check your ego at the door and be prepared for near-brutal feedback. Don't take it personally though. This is a business first and foremost.

The most enjoyable part of the job? All of it. For the right person that is. You get to work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in Tech and Business. This is a world class team and to be in such close proximity to people that have, on a core level, changed our world and the way we operate in, is truly amazing. These people come from the likes of Google and Facebook and have been pivotal in creating an engaging and dynamic environment that oozes success.

Bolt isn't for everyone. But if you're apart of it-it's not by accident. So you know, no pressure.
Pros
Compensation is above average, equity, Pto, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOLT. Our community is ready to answer.