Boly:Welch Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Job or Greatest Job Ever?
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2017
I've worked at Boly:Welch for a few years and keep waiting for the other shoe to drop -- sure, it's a dog-friendly office, but there must be something wrong with it, right? Nope. As advertised, it's a truly Portland, women-dominant, family-friendly, sustainable, ethical B Corps with a passionate inter-generational workforce, supportive management team, and tons of opportunity to give back and get involved. The benefits are great (12 days to volunteer a year, world class parties, in-house massages, etc., etc.) and the people are even better.

It's not a process-driven culture, so it can be a little challenging to measure what we do, but I feel strongly that everyone does great work and really cares about their clients and candidates. There are a lot of inherent biases against recruiting and staffing agencies (people pushers, headhunters, putting warm bodies in open roles), but I like to think Boly:Welch turns those stereotype on its head. I hope all of our candidates and clients find a fit as good as Boly:Welch -- it's been the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Dogs <3, lots of healthy benefits, strong team, lots of continuing education options
Cons
Commissions subject to market fluctuations - can be a pro too
The absolute best place to work!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2017
It's been almost seven years since I started working at Boly:Welch. I have learned an incredible amount about the companies and industries in Portland, as well as hiring trends and how to identify top talent. Management is nimble, fair and realistic. They encourage new ideas and professional growth, as well as truly caring about each and every one of us. The entire company works collaboratively to match great talent to the Portland market.

The hardest part of the job is allowing for nuances of the human spirit. More specifically, managing people's expectations. Candidates and companies all have expectations for finding a great job/great candidate, both long term and for temporary roles, too. It is our responsibility to make professional matches that are meaningful and that meet requirements for both parties. When that all comes together, it is a fabulous feeling. When a candidate tells me I have helped them find their 'dream job' and the company praises our efforts in identifying the 'perfect candidate,' I couldn't feel any more fulfilled.
Warm and professional placement company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 11, 2016
The three star ratings are because this is a temp company, and your milage may vary regarding compensation and job security.

The staff are warm, professional, and respond promptly to inquiries. They have good connections in Portland. It is also a B-Corporation business.