Bombardier

Assembler29 reviews
United States29 reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,235 reviews
aircraftlearjetaerospacewichitaaviationflightrailairplane

Not a bad place to work, just the aerospace industry is a unstable

I loved working there as a young professional, Great pay and even better people! The only thing is there is always a sense of unpredictability when in aviation.

Pros

Good work environment and benefits

Cons

Senior guys that have set their way

Lots of layoffs

Contracts that come and go (or never come) mean layoffs occur often. At times needed to supplement with State of NY workers benefits. Can be fun at times, but also stressful to meet expectations of inspectors who are often disgruntled former employees.

Bombardier insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Decent pay, toxic work environment

The pay and benefits are good enough. Great, in fact. And if that's all you need out of a job, then (the Plattsburgh NY branch anyway) is right for you.If you want trustworthy co-workers who won't undermine you or throw you under the bus (or train as it were)...keep looking. They're there, but few and far between. If you want a good manager and consistent direction, same deal. It's rare there and such a thing rarely stays long before quitting or getting fired. In fact, the same can even be said of the various GM's that the company goes through quicker than toilet paper at a chili eating contest. In my just over a year and a half at the Plattsburgh NY location, the company piled through THREE GM's.Scheduling isn't much better. One week you might be on a 3rd shift, the next on 1st. God help you if you get onto 3rd or 2nd shift. You have to answer to two managers, neither of which can ever agree on what needs to be done, and both of which try to assert authority over the other by way of the assemblers.Still, there are a few good people there, and as I said, the money and benefits are good. It's just the overall work environment that's more toxic than a DOW Chemicals spill.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Toxic work culture and unpredictable/unreliable upper management

Poor Management

Terrible place to work zero job security. Management is lost, No consistency things change every wing set .. From supervisor to upper management is lost

Too many hours. Too many people. Not enough tools. Management is.. well, terrible. No sense of direction for this company. It’s a sinking ship. Very doubtful they will recover anytime soon.

Pros

45 min lunch.

Cons

Building only built for around 100-200 people.

Great environment to get experience. Poor management

They are always hiring and rehiring contractors, constantly laying off good workers, no sense of direction. Management favors bad workers and get nothing done.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Worried if you’ll have a job the next day.

Work is great. Mandatory weekends not so much.

A lot of awesome people working there. Overall a good work environment. Too many people working here for such a small break room. By the Time you check your food out at the self checkout. Your lunch is almost over. Thankfully People here are friendly and all patient.

Pros

Work is good.

Cons

Mandatory weekends every weekend.

The product has a lot of potential. Management seems ok. Lots of friends and family usually get the promotions.

Lot's of potential. Management is ok. They are really big on safety, sometimes over do it. All in all a good place to work. People are friendly and willing to help.

Pros

Good product and good technology, and coworkers.

Cons

Distance, not much room for promotion.

No movement

If you enjoy making a low income and working with no advancements then this is the place. Only plus side is the time off vacation and Christmas shut down.

That they do have constant work at a very decent pay.

I've worked here 2 years. I had no experience in any type of work in this field, but I will say I have learned a tremendous amount within the 2 years.

It’s okay

The pay is amazing, but sometimes the management isn’t the best. There’s lots of people there who are willing to help you with whatever you need. Some of the lower management doesn’t like having new people so they try to get you fired, but higher management tends to fix that problem fairly quickly

Work place culture

Decent work place , hours are good to still have a personal life. Overtime always welcomed. Lack of communication though from management to employees.

The people I work with on the floor are fun and close net

The company overall is somewhat okay to work for. But ever since the home office in Canada took over more of business aspect things have been a little rough. The chances for promotes have become less and what once was viewed as one of the best stable and reliable small aircraft companies left in town. Is now on shaky grounds and people are afraid of what the future truly holds for them now.

great place to work

bombardier is a place where they have prevailing wages to compete with local companies in the area around them with opportunities to advance when there are job openings

Pros

prevails wages

Cons

no overtime

Amazing workplace

A typical day at bombarded was great it consists of correctly and safely using a variety of hand tools. Closely inspect parts. Meeting goals. Attached nameplates

Fun place to work

Enjoyed it....great place to work and great pay....management change all the time so was kind of confusing in that regard but we got used to living in that environment.. ..clean and safe ...........................

Pros

Great place

Cons

Management changed alot....were underqualified

Great company

Nice job lost of work, but sometimes due to market forces work would be scarce certain times of the year. but all in all i really enjoyed my experience working at bombardier.

temp employee

assemble product to required quality by end of work shift. workers welcoming and helpful considering most are looking for next employment. management hands off

Pros

set workload

Cons

contract dependant

Not a bad place to work!

I've worked at Bombardier for almost 20 years. I've enjoyed every minute. It's provide a lot for my family and am grateful I've been employed there as long as I've have.

Productive work enviroment

The company was very organized and provided many benefits. The co-workers were nice and very informative about the duties required. Sadly the management and training were lacking in certain areas that i felt needed improvement.

Was a fun place to work

I loved working here. It was a great position and i enjoyed going to work everyday. I did not like going into work nit knowing if i was going fo be laid off or not however. The company did layoff a lot of employees. I needed a steady income where i didnt have to worry about unemployment for 3 months.

Pros

Learned a lot about parts and train cars

Cons

Unsteady income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bombardier with

Career recommendations for Assembler

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Bombardier