Bombardier

United States32 reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,232 reviews
aircraftlearjetaerospacewichitaaviationflightrailairplane

Was a contractor

Work was fine till it got slow, unionized place... Don't like unions. Started working on the challengers the I moved over to the Learjets. Gave me a good amount of experience with different aircrafts!

Good place to work; no complaints

2nd shift--4 day 10 hr schedule with Fri, Sat, Sun off.Laid back work atmosphere; no micromanaging, so you can just work and do your job.Overtime is frequently available, if you want it.

Pros

Three days off every week

Cons

30 min for lunch

Bombardier insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

I would never.

Not a good company to work for . Very petty and they do NOT I repeat DO NOT not one but care about thier employees. Me and a co worker was having a conversation between the TWO OF US and because someone was ear hustling in our confer and overheard the N word we (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN A AND B CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME AND A FELLOW COWORKER!!!) we got pulled to the side and given a warning for saying that word was not an issue we went on about our day like everything was sweet the next day THEY FIRED US FOR THAT STUPID! Most ridiculous situation ever and of course Kansas is a “AT WILL” state so even if I feel it was wrongful termination it would be hard to prove it ! I would just recommend staying far away from this company ! If your a contractor ? You have no chance they treat you like you don’t have years of experience because YOU HAVENT BEEN AT BOMBARDIER!

Pros

Nun

Cons

Nun

Fun place to work, good pay and good people to work with. Lots of overtime and unfortunately schedule changes. Wish I could've been hired on as a direct hire. I do miss working there.

Just don’t do it.

This company has the potential to be something, but local management is so inept that they will eventually run the aviation portion of the company into the ground. If you have no other options, then I guess you could consider working here. But your best bet is to just use it as a training ground and then get out of there as fast as possible. To be clear, it will be on the job training that you get since getting sent to school to learn any kind of platform is rare. The Service Center goals change almost daily. One day you’re “protecting the aircraft work package”, the next day you’re told to bill everything to the aircraft and have zero time on DOI. The main take-away though: don’t trust management or HR. They would rather abandon you than fix their own mistakes. Then, after you prove your innocence, they’ll tell you “it would take an act of Congress to undo the decision.” I guess that’s easier for them than doing the right thing. What a shame.

Pros

Solid lead technicians, many good technicians

Cons

Short breaks, inept managers, goals are constantly changing, lack of communication, management takes shortcuts, employee club doesn’t get any support

Great Benefits and Great Coworkers

Retirement benefits are the best I have seen. 6% match for 401(k) and paid time off is great as well. Most people that work here are good to work with. Some management are a little iffy but you get that wherever you go to work in my opinion.

Great place to get started on a career path

There are many opportunities here, if you work well with the right people. The work load is customer dependent and can be fast paced or slow paced depending on the scheduling.

Training

Poor Training but you will have enough time on your own to figure things out. The management is friendly. Loved working with my coworkers, great people.

On demand

I will give a detailed review of my time at Bombardier when I know where the information I share will appear. At this time I will only saw that Bombardier is a fantastic place to learn and hone your aircraft maintenance skills.

Cheap shop Ahoy!

Mostly hires contractors through staffing agencies. Staffing agencies promise you a three month probational period to hire you as a permanent employee. Management at Bombardier,however, has no intentions on hiring you. Three months pass and you are not made permanent. Work culture is terrible. Everyone is just covering their own behind, so get ready to be thrown under the bus. The avionics team for the bigger planes is toxic. All the good and respectable avionics staff left and now the only people who are left running the show are narcissistic potheads. Completely clueless and unprofessional. The FLL (soon to be Opalocka) location is terrible.

Pros

Cons

Toxic work environment, no teamwork, bad management, terrible team leaders

Decent place to work

The work was fast paced, but enough time was give to accomplish the work. The coworkers were supportive and positive. The office and hangar spaces provided was adequate. It was always enjoyable to get the airplanes out in a timely manner. .

it has flaws but it is fine

fast paced environment that had minimum supervision. no cross training or advance training so people often get pigeon holed in to positions but it had a good standard to set by

Pros

nice work pace

Cons

lack of guidance

The best and worse place to work

Spent over two years here at BFTC. There isn't much to say here other than its very similar to an airforce base lots of seperated military here. Of coarse we all have seen the very best and worst in leadership here. Here's some advice; if you hear the words "sustaining" run away. Old timers that are just coming to work to collect a paycheck are running this place and it's programs into the ground. They pray that a "young blood" will come in that isn't morbidly obese to perform all the rough work. If you get hired here you have a 50/50 shot of getting put with the bad crew. Management knows about these individuals and doesn't / cant do anything about it because they have 20+ years in the company. I'll say this; experience isn't worth a darn if it doesn't get shared or applied in action. Try to stick to the new programs because it scares the older folk away. The job is pretty good pay and the benefits are nice. If BFTC can crack down on the issues above they will manage to get younger talent to stay.

Pros

Good pay & benefits

Cons

Very bad floor level leadership

A Job in Aviation

Management overall is good at the facility, but the culture never seems to feel like it's one team. It feels like multiple teams (example: Planning, Scheduling, Quality, Leadership and the Floor Personnel) all have the same overreaching goal of Aircraft Maintenance, but the communication between the various groups seems lacking at times.

Pros

Floor Technicians care about their work

Cons

Pay doesn't keep up with cost of living

Fast paced, exciting, excellent teamwork

Excellent work environment with coworkers that are willing to help when needed. The team does an amazing job at making sure the work packages get done early. Which allows the aircraft to be released on time.

It's not bad

It's not the best, but also not the worst. They take care of their employees, while also asking for the impossible. Have a bad tendency of disregarding their off shifts.

great comraderie

great people, hard work, big rewards, fun parties, very professional work leaders, great location in Tucson, Arizona *************************************

Eat, drank, slept, lived Bombardier (former employee)

Loved the company my job and everything they stood for. Still do and would recommend the company to anyone looking for a challenge something new to learn everyday and the satisfaction of seeing the work you completed changing the face of the industry.

Cons

When it is time for an example to be made past performance means nothing, Unfair\Unequal disciplinary system

Bombardier

OEM that has many different locations so that movement within the company is always a possible. Airbus merger will allow this company to continue growth into 2018

Production and Maintenance

State of the art facilities and great production budget. Able to accomplish projects with excellent planning and steady work flow. Also the weather at the Tucson facility enables employees to work all year round.

Pros

Weather

Cons

The 12 hour schedule

Safe environment

A great company to work for and lots of opportunity to advance within the company. The people there are willing to help you to improve within the work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bombardier with

• Bombardier
  • Avionics Technician
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?