Bon Appetit Employee Reviews

No Communication
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 25, 2019
Funny title considering that you have to attend a mandatory meeting every Thursday at server pay. We are overstaffed regularly, you MUST work 6 days a week with an additional "On Call" shift that you are not paid for. Management will not tell you that you don't have to work outside even if their is a raging storm happening. I have been with this company for near a decade and the management change in the past 2 years has destroyed the culture of this once wonderful establishment. They have additionally raised tip share while reducing support staff services. Most of us are looking for other jobs. Only real benefit is the hours. They close at 9pm Sun-Thurs & 10pm Sat N Sun. Dunedin has other restaurants. Work there.
Cons
No breaks on Doubles, No cuts on floor made till 20min to close
Great place to work! Management is awesome, growth is amazing
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  charles street baltimore mdApril 19, 2019
In this company you can go anywhere! The sky is your limit. If you want it just put in your time and you can easily move up. This is a career place. The culture is fun and upbeat and team driven.
Horrible Management
Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  San Marino, CAApril 16, 2019
The management that I dealt with was horrible. When I returned from maternity leave they gave me my raise of 50 cents but paid the new supervisor $3 more. Discrimination took place here as well as a lot of favoritism.
Low pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 10, 2019
Great company with job security and a lot of paid time off. Good management, but lower pay and advancement can be difficult. Upper management changes often and right before you are to get a pay raise or promotion, raises we're something like 30 cents a year.
Pros
Free meals, uniforms provided, work life balance
Cons
Low pay
Good place to let your food skills grow
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 8, 2019
Bon Appétit is a good place to work and let your food skills shine. You learn new things with every menu and it’s a different pace everyday so you never get bored of doing the same things.
Collaborative
Barista (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 4, 2019
Quick paced work environment, constant work alongside people that are very appreciative of service and constant need of quality work and always concerned with the safety of everyone.
In the beginning yes I was fun
Senior supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 4, 2019
Typical workday would be fine until you two managers got there and added more confusion than anything.

I didn’t really learn anything directly from the managers.

Would not recommend this job to anyone well the company not so much the job
Pros
The money
Cons
A lot of shady business
Descent Job
Cashier/ Fuel bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 3, 2019
Sometimes the job is the best and sometimes its just horrible it really just depends on what's going on that day or during that week. Management was not professional At All
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and fun working on the beach.
Beach Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 3, 2019
A typical day working on the beach was pretty relaxed, i would get to the beach before anyone else so it was peaceful in the morning but through out the day it would get gradually busy. I would get the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and learned so much about marine wild life as well talking with the rangers that worked the island as well.
Pros
Relaxed and well taken care of.
Cons
work dependent on weather condontions.
I would reommend this company to anyone whom likes to follow procedures
Temp services (Former Employee) –  Dennison universityApril 3, 2019
I would still be there if another supervisor had not attacked me in front of the patrions. And this was at their Christmas party. I filled in for three different positions server, cashier, and dinning room attendant.
Pros
The customers were great, my personal supervise was great, hours wonderfull they cared about the survice they supplied to each person, they followed wonderfull saftey codes in all aspect of their service.
Cons
Another supervisor from other location, One of the cooks trying to ack out a master game didnt care for her, sta
I loved working for this company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 1, 2019
I would defiantly recommend this company. The reason for me leaving is that, I was able to work for a nonprofit organization. I had the opportunity to work with some amazing people at Bon Appetit. With Bon Appetit you are able to branch out and work at other locations , within the company. Tranfers to other states are also an option.
Bon Appetit is the place to workp
Food Server (Current Employee) –  United States Birmingham,AlMarch 30, 2019
A good place to work for great benefits,and my co workers are the best to work with.I also like that if we need a certain day our boss will usually grant us the day.
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
That it's seasonal work.
Very corporate, not very fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2019
Worked there for many years, very steady and stable employer. Not very dedicated to their mission statements, very corporate, lots of policies and oversight that makes the whole experience unpleasant.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
poor culture, poor pay
Smooth and good environment
Dishwasher, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2019
Working here took some getting used to at first, after w while it is pretty easy. You also get to meet some pretty productive people here and have good benefits.
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to start in the field of colinary arts.
Dishwasher, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2019
I f your into advancement . Along with excellent
training than I would recommend Bon Appetit
for you. It's excellent approach to teaching
hold's value that gives you a healthy out look
about your employment.
Pros
Excellent work evirionment.
Cons
Bon Apetite was a waste of 2 years terrible leaders/mgmt supervisor hate there lives and always complain
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2019
I went thru 5 boss’s in less than a year and a half
Never wanted to hire new staff but always claimed they were hiring
How pathetic too in a fase paced environment.... every morning I’d get a group txt saying this girls not comin in today or this girls sick...
my catering coworkers got raises by favoritisms and because they have 2-3 kids each in there 20’s... I dnt mind but just cus i dnt have kids and I’m there same age I deserve a raise aswell... after my first year we had our yearly review I got a 45/50 was told a .02% raise
Then asked my boss at the time okay what is that being curious ? He then said oh it’s not up to me it’s either 10 cents or a dollar ... 4 months later still had no raise and the excuse then came oh we’re waiting for union actually now.. how pathetic .. terrible supervisors always sad or hating their job or doing the wrong thing and putting the blame on the hard working staff... most of them were always so ready to go party on the weekends or turn up lol what losers... I should of sued this company... the head catering cheif from Russia was always in a bad mood and one day he took his anger out on me and raised both his hands at me and tried fighting me in the kitchen how unprofessional.
Pros
Healthydrinks and fruit
Cons
I’ve said enough
You'll learn fast
Administrative Assisstant/Cafe Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 21, 2019
If you want to learn fast, this is the place. It is fast paced. However, they have it together with regard to finding and getting the information and support you need for your job.
Pros
You do get free lunch (one free meal a day)
Cons
You need to set your own work/life balance. They won't help you.
Better benefits
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 15, 2019
Better organization on materiel and getting materiel on time. Getting ingredients on time slowing down production causing low efficiency. Need better communication between supervisor to be more efficient. and better benefits health and vacation time off.
Cons
Needs more
Great company with great values
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 15, 2019
Great company with great values and initiative. Community partner with local interests in mind. A company that is an industry leader in food service with great sustainable directives.
Productive and fun environment
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 14, 2019
It’s was a little faced paced. I left the first place I was located because there was a lot of work drama. I moved to a new location.After 90 day you should be reviewed for evaluation and a raise. I never got one. I put in my 2 week after 6 months. My manager didn’t even tell her boss that I was quitting.
Pros
Free lunch and gain of experience
Cons
Underpaid