Bon Secours Mercy Health Employee Reviews

Rn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 19, 2019
Have worked there for 5 years and I am not impressed with Bon Secours. I don't recommend anyone to work here. I will be glad when I don't work there anymore.
Very unappreciated
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 11, 2019
Bon secours cares about no one , the management is poor and ran incorrectly..Employees aren’t appreciated and it shows they will get rid of you as soon as someone else can fill your spot
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Short breaks, lots of work, unequal & unfair work
Nice place to work
Regional Performance Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2019
Recently merged with Bon Secours - many opportunities within the company for travel and positions. I have enjoyed my time here and have learned new ideas and concepts.
Pros
Cons
travel
Living the mission
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Employer is transparent with mission, transition. I feel supported by my manager and peers. Trend is to place more workers remotely when possible. I miss interaction face to face.
Pros
support from employee
Cons
very large
Great Place to Start Your Career
Non Clinical (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 19, 2019
Great place to break into your field and start your career. There are many opportunities to learn new things but not many opportunities for career advancement into new roles. Benefits and pay are fair and seem to be getting progressively better. However, expectations are high and are at times unreasonable when compared with the amount of underlying work that should be completed. Overall, its a good place work especially for those in need of experience.
Pros
Family Work Environment, Medical, Dental, 403B, Hra, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Mission driven
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 18, 2019
Bon Secours Merch Health is a great company to work for and are highly mission driven, however the mission for the community sometimes takes away from the employee engagement. The fact of being non-profit the resources to provide professional development for those employees that want to grow within the organization lack there of.
good place to work
INTERNSHIP- STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 10, 2019
Great place for an internship for college. Helped me apply skills that I learned in college and apply them to applicable situations. Would send other students there as well.
My experience working at Bon Secours Mercy Health
Anesthesia/ Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2019
Bon Secours Mercy Health is a place you earn your pay. At the end of the day the reward of that is be apart of healthcare team that strive on providing the best healthcare to the community. Be in a position to give back.Meeting good people and also learning something new everyday.
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2019
- Learning environment
- I learned data analysis, SharePoint
- Internal Audit Management great to work with
- Work in your own office
- Hardest part of job - multiple personalities
- Most enjoyable was the opportunity to learn new things such as data analytics and SharePoint as an administrator. I also was able to assist with learning coding in order to upload claims for physician audits.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Difficult personalities of some
Their matrix for staff is poorly drafted.
Cardiac Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 4, 2018
The management is on board with corporate, but not realistic to provide quality patient care to patients. Too many careless mistakes due to staffing inadequacy. ER is told to get patients to the floor before proper stabilization.
Pros
Near home.
Cons
Staffing is inadequate and pay is just not enough to live.
Okay, but has flaws that I don't see changing even with the merger
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Bond Hill, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The main problem is that there is nice talk about empowerment to make decisions at the front lines, but that is not accurate and in fact, you will suffer the consequences if you do. A good handful of poor managers that treat employees with disdain and contempt and even talking to other leaders they know this person is like this, but they do nothing.

Second problem is that too much process for the sake or process which actually hinders getting the work accomplished. People do not read their emails, too busy, and then complain they don't know what is going on.

The good side is from the Christian perspective they do start most important meeting out with a prayer and you can say Jesus' name.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Insurance for a hospital is not very good.