Bon Secours Richmond St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient pay poster
Transaction Posting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2018
This company suppose to be health care facility. There suppose to care about there employees and patients. I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I worked overtime when they asked when other team members wouldn't. I had the highest productivity in my group. I help cover other team members desk when they were absent. Then i was diagnosed with cancer June 2017 and my manager told me if I wasnt back to work in six months she would have to fill my position. Mind you my treatments last 7 months. At least at MCV they will hold your job for you.
Cons
Dont care about employees and there healtj
Richmond, Virginia is a great environment
HB/HB Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2018
I’m so lucky being relocated and hired by Akon Secours. I love the location and love the people in general. The culture is very homey. I think of coming back just to visit.
Beautiful work stations
Lab billing, Registrar, on-call locations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
Love knowing patients are getting great care and attention. Always updating and upgrading with fantastic training. Wonderful co-wprkers although cut-throat when minimal availability on permanent options are presented.
Pros
Cafeteria has fantastic dishes
Cons
Cut-throat when limited advancement available
Very team oriented environment
On Call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Still employed with no plans to leave. The work environment is great. Low turnover rate. Management is fair and valuable and work as team players. I work 5pm-8am and every other weekend. I am responsible for the care of the patients at this time while acting as Administrator on Call as well.
Benefits package excellent
PTA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2018
Starting full time in Virginia with Bon Secours was great with scheduler and communication among team members were great. Needing the necessary tools to do your job were well taken care of including the phone and mileage paid. Very fast paced and a variety of patients to see.
So when I transferred to Florida system it was very different. Most employees were contractors, same pay, but not as efficient with tools needed to do work properly. Work pace slow with not enough patient's to fill the week and since I was full time, I had to do chart auditing or office work instead.
Pros
ongoing ceu's that are paid for
Cons
Stressful with meeting productivity
Enjoyed
LPN/ Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bon Secours Hospice. They provide complete and total care to each of their patients. I left Bon Secours so that I could get more hands on experience in the hopsital.
Okay Place to Work
Concierge Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2018
Good place to start out. Great workplace; hour lunch break and able to leave on time with the manageable workload. Able to maintain a easy work-life balance. Hardest part of the job is the high volume of phone calls.
Great Faith Based health system
Director of Medical Imaging (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23223September 10, 2018
Bon Secours provides a family centered work enviroment. Its a faith based organization that provides "Good Health" to those in need. Fair compensation.
Pros
Family centered
excellantt
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2018
An awesome place to work love bonsecours the Manager would listen to you and we work together as a team. I would recommend this Hospital in VA to everyone I know.
Pros
discounts and great patients
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
Bon Secours afforded me an opportunity for advancement with an organization that focused on patient care and those behind the scenes that wanted to help.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no cons

Want to know more about Bon Secours Richmond St. Mary's Hospital?

Ask a question
Positive and friendly atmospher
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2018
Start work at 8 a.m. reviewing report reports in Excel, order hospital equipment for hospitals and assist end user with orders and issues with orders.
Pros
Flexibi=
CCT Program
Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2018
CCT program offers an entry portal to patients and provides a higher level of service for patients and families who need to be moved from facilites which do not have all of the services they need immediately available.
Pros
Higher level o f care
Cons
Not enough span of care for the region
Great Place
Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Awesome place to work, met a lot of nice people , made a lot of friends and learned a lot. Nice and Friendly place. Can't say enough good things about them.
Pros
na
Cons
na
You receive good training.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2018
I would not recommend Bon Secours to my family or friend. Management treat employees horrible! Health insurance is not good! You have to use your PTO time for holidays! No need to report anything to the manager because nothing will be done!
Pros
Plenty of free lunches from drug reps. No weekends.
Cons
Low pay for nurses, management need more training
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2018
I loved me jon in the newborn nursery. The nurses and manger was always there to answer any wuestions and help me with my education! They will help you reach your goal!
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive and good place to make great relationships with the patients
SANITATION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2018
Getting to work socializing with the patients. Learned how to do my job in the proper and correct way. Hardest part of the job seems like your everything at once.
good place to work and grow
Senior Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23223July 2, 2018
very fast pace, nice environment, coworkers is like family ,patient is cooperative 90% of the time, enjoyed working with people and the satisfaction of helping people is very pleasing to me
Pros
a lot over time hours
Cons
excellent bebefits
Good Place to Work
Housekeeping and Apparel Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time there I had a good working relationship with management. I enjoyed my co-workers. The benefits were ok and the staff was always nice to me.
Workplace
Staff Nurse Neuro ICU (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23226June 19, 2018
Good place to work Good management The staff are very helpful The hospital is clean and the units are well organized Computer system is EPIC very user friendly. Location is good.
Poor management and hospital culture
Registered Nurse, Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2018
Poor management and job culture. The working environment made 16 hour shifts even more stressful and exhausting than they had to be. Management was always trying to cut corners and costs which would put the nurses at risk and creating a high turnover rate. The hospital was not competitively compensating employees for the area.