Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Very team oriented environment
On Call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Still employed with no plans to leave. The work environment is great. Low turnover rate. Management is fair and valuable and work as team players. I work 5pm-8am and every other weekend. I am responsible for the care of the patients at this time while acting as Administrator on Call as well.
Enjoyed
LPN/ Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bon Secours Hospice. They provide complete and total care to each of their patients. I left Bon Secours so that I could get more hands on experience in the hopsital.
Love Bon Secours
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Bon Secours really cares about its employees, even during difficult times. They expect a lot, but they give a lot in return, this is a great company to work for.
You are an rn you deserve better
RN (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 12, 2018
-If you work days in their ER expect to go over 13 hours without eating
-Forced to work in unsafe conditions where nurses are NEVER right and NEVER are allowed to actually voice their opinions
-Patients can physically and verbally assault you and the company will do whatever it can to put the blame on you
-Work load is beyond excessive
-Over a year later and I would never consider returning to this ER, the ER I work in now is 100x better
Benefits
Cons
NO breaks, mediocre pay, abusive patients, mean and degrading management and company
Okay Place to Work
Concierge Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2018
Good place to start out. Great workplace; hour lunch break and able to leave on time with the manageable workload. Able to maintain a easy work-life balance. Hardest part of the job is the high volume of phone calls.
Great Faith Based health system
Director of Medical Imaging (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23223September 10, 2018
Bon Secours provides a family centered work enviroment. Its a faith based organization that provides "Good Health" to those in need. Fair compensation.
Pros
Family centered
Controlling
Neighborhood Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bon Secours Hospital. This is a nice and small hospital. The supervisor made it stressful. A situation where the patients/clients weren't put first.
Competitive job
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VASeptember 1, 2018
I love working at bon secours and will continue working there. Very nice.Working with patients, employees on a daily basis. The joy of helping people!! Your opinion matters there.
Pros
Helping people
excellantt
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2018
An awesome place to work love bonsecours the Manager would listen to you and we work together as a team. I would recommend this Hospital in VA to everyone I know.
Pros
discounts and great patients
Cons
n/a
It is a very nice place to work
Volunteer at Surgical Center Reception Desk (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 17, 2018
It is a volunteer job that I work at one day a week. We do a lot of interaction with other people. That is the highlight of my day! Each day there is someone new and a new story or experience that they want to share.
Pros
Experience with people
Working toward excellence, everyday
MDS Coordinator/LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 15, 2018
I had been at the facility for manyyears. In those years the facility had many changes, including many administration changes. It is an excellent facility to gain knowlege, great for a new nurse/cna, general staff to learn the ropes. Striving for excellence daily is a superb goal for all of us as long as you make reachable smaller goals.
Pros
Sriving for excellence each day
Cons
Pushing employees past their limitations, always wanting more without letting up.
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
Bon Secours afforded me an opportunity for advancement with an organization that focused on patient care and those behind the scenes that wanted to help.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no cons
productive, fun , enjoyable
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
I learned how to have understanding for the things people went through. Like for instance the dialysis patience has to come three times a week to have their blood clean. That a lot to go through to live, my problems just are not that bad. they just need someone to listen to them.
Positive and friendly atmospher
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2018
Start work at 8 a.m. reviewing report reports in Excel, order hospital equipment for hospitals and assist end user with orders and issues with orders.
Pros
Flexibi=
The people that work there make the company enjoyable. It’s a great diverse and friendly environment
Film Librarian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed my years there. I loved the staff and my team in the radiology dept. It’s a great environment that offered a ton of flexibility. It’s very family oriented
Rn
Labor and Delivery and Women's Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIAugust 2, 2018
RN in Labor and Delivery. Managed low risk laboring patients. Worked the midnight shift mainly with minimal supervision. Scrubbed and circulated cesarean sections.
Pros
flexible
Cons
distance
Miserable place to work!
Staff RN in the Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 2, 2018
The management changes requirements of the staff daily, there is no consistency whatsoever. The nurses are not lifted up by management because they are negatively informed of all the things that they do wrong on a daily basis. Staff is bitter and it is an awful place to work and or visit.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2018
While Bon Secours is a great place to work, there are some areas for improvement. My experience was very educational and I was treated in a professional manner. Things seemed to run fairly with relatively little office politics. Managers often changed. There may be too many levels of management local or not.
Pros
Pay. Great learning experience. Mission
Cons
Hours. Often short staffed. Managers changes
Structured team oriented, resident focused environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2018
There were no typical days at work here. The residents I served were on a memory unit. I learned something about myself, I have more patience than I had ever realized. The management team here was awesome! The workplace culture was one that one proud to be a part of the team. There were no aspects of my job that, in my opinion, were hard. I loved my work, so nothing seemed or appeared to be hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for the residents., maintaining a safe environment.
Pros
The pros of this job are the residents.
Cons
There are no cons I can recall.
Bon Secours
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 28, 2018
I'm a fairly new PSR at Brook Run Family Physicians and all my colleagues are nice, warm, easily to get along with , and such a great sense of humor. We have good management at our office. On daily I normally check patients out and schedule them for their following appointment.