Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 994 reviews matching the search See all 1,009 reviews
Patient pay poster
Transaction Posting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2018
This company suppose to be health care facility. There suppose to care about there employees and patients. I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I worked overtime when they asked when other team members wouldn't. I had the highest productivity in my group. I help cover other team members desk when they were absent. Then i was diagnosed with cancer June 2017 and my manager told me if I wasnt back to work in six months she would have to fill my position. Mind you my treatments last 7 months. At least at MCV they will hold your job for you.
Cons
Dont care about employees and there healtj
Important Work
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 14, 2018
I enjoy working at BS, and feel strongly about the values we uphold and the services we provide in the community. I feel that I am part of a team that cares about the job and the community, not just people punching in for a paycheck.
Excellent place to work!
Floor technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 13, 2018
This was by far the best place I ever worked for wonderful work environment from the workers to the benefits. I loved the culture of the company in wanting to help people in need and cared for their employees as well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Shortage of employees.
Mission Motivated
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 12, 2018
The workforce at Bon Secours is mostly motivated by the faith-based Mission of being "Good Help to Those in Need." This is apparent in almost every department.
productive and fun place to work
Lead Patietn service rep (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2018
I love working at my job my patients and my co workers are the heart of office my manager is the best we are like a family at our office we all look out for on another
Awesome company to work for!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2018
I loved my time with Bon Secours. They really care about their employees and the patients. I would still be there had my dept. not have merged with Sentara. Biggest mistake in my life going to work with Sentara. Bon Secours is by far a much better facility to work for than Sentara. This hospital was founded by nuns and I love the faith base that this hospital has. I can't say enough good things about Bon Secours.
Pros
Faith base
Promotes good help to patients
RN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, ILOctober 8, 2018
I enjoy working for Bon Secours because they have morals that are in line with my beliefs. Tuition reimbursement allowed me to obtain my degree as an RN when I was an LPN. I have worked for them for 3 years and I plan to continue.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed.
Great team
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2018
Great team to work with. Typically awesome leadership and advancement opportunities. Great engagement. Never a dull moment in my work day, always something new happening. Great engagement team as well.
Richmond, Virginia is a great environment
HB/HB Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2018
I’m so lucky being relocated and hired by Akon Secours. I love the location and love the people in general. The culture is very homey. I think of coming back just to visit.
The company is not bad, but the management was corumpted and recist.
CNA/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2018
It was okay to work there, the only problem was the management, very racist, to much gossiping, and don't care about your complain, nor your feelings, overall it wasn't a bad place to work for.
Pros
Cons
Watch your back, and don't be to confortable
Awesome
Secretary, Scheduler, Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work. The environment and staff is very welcoming. The Manager there is very encouraging for growth as well as personal life activities within the employers.
A variety of Duties
Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VA 23435September 27, 2018
The nurse navigator position includes a variety of duties from patient education to case management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with patients do set up a health promotion plan and seeing them meet their goals.

The most difficult aspect was attempting to decrease hospital admissions and readmissions.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
inability to have a flexible schedule
AA - Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081September 26, 2018
I worked for Bon Secours for several years. My role was assistant to the Director of Nursing. Management at Bon Secours was excellent. The only reason I left was for a "bigger" company. Looking back, I wish I had stayed.
great first job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
I liked working at Bon Secours. It was my first real job. I advanced from lab reporter to Unit Secretary and learned transcribing on the job. Management was ok,.
Pros
great first job
Better than your average SNF
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This is a good place to work -- the staff is one big extended family. The management can be a bit distant and sometimes you don't feel like you exist to them.
Pros
Great Healthcare Benefits, Pto, Excellent Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Disengaged work force, Lack of acknowledgement for all, Cliques
Beautiful work stations
Lab billing, Registrar, on-call locations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
Love knowing patients are getting great care and attention. Always updating and upgrading with fantastic training. Wonderful co-wprkers although cut-throat when minimal availability on permanent options are presented.
Pros
Cafeteria has fantastic dishes
Cons
Cut-throat when limited advancement available
Very team oriented environment
On Call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Still employed with no plans to leave. The work environment is great. Low turnover rate. Management is fair and valuable and work as team players. I work 5pm-8am and every other weekend. I am responsible for the care of the patients at this time while acting as Administrator on Call as well.
Benefits package excellent
PTA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2018
Starting full time in Virginia with Bon Secours was great with scheduler and communication among team members were great. Needing the necessary tools to do your job were well taken care of including the phone and mileage paid. Very fast paced and a variety of patients to see.
So when I transferred to Florida system it was very different. Most employees were contractors, same pay, but not as efficient with tools needed to do work properly. Work pace slow with not enough patient's to fill the week and since I was full time, I had to do chart auditing or office work instead.
Pros
ongoing ceu's that are paid for
Cons
Stressful with meeting productivity
Enjoyed
LPN/ Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bon Secours Hospice. They provide complete and total care to each of their patients. I left Bon Secours so that I could get more hands on experience in the hopsital.
Productive work experiences
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 15, 2018
I was given an opportunity to learn the job as a new phlebotomist. I will be forever grateful.
I had a great manager.
Staff tardiness was not really dealt with which was a huge problem for me. My relief at midnight never came in on time.