Bon Secours
Information from Bon Secours:

Bon Secours Employee Reviews

United States1,521 reviews
Found 1,521 reviews matching the search
Good company to work for. It has its pros and cons. It was hard to advance. They hired external candidates before they hire within. My Supervisor was great.
BON Secours, lives it's motto and mission statement. I feel like a part of the clinical and spiritual family. It's a wonderful environment to be part of.
Bon Secours Baltimore
Pros
High Trust Environment
Cons
Poor administration. Inept security. Dangerous place to work. Several nurses hurt with no support from management. Ineffective, inexperienced manager. Hired by her bff. Daily changes in routine without notice or expectations given. Money is great but...it's not worth it!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great company but some of the upper management could use some a little more employee engagement....overall I njoyed my co workers and meeting and hepling people....
Merger lead to my release.
Patient Accounting transferred to Ohio with Ensemble and Mercy Health Systems.

I enjoyed working for the company and was greatful for the education.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Company provided ability to work remotely from home in inclement weather situations and one day every week , also had weekly meeting with other payroll specialist and management from hospitals. Company allowed me to volunteer when needed.
I loved working as a surgical technologist at Bon Secours. The surgeons were a delight, and they always kept procedures exciting by teaching as they worked.
Pros: Learned new skills
Patients very appreciative of the care I provided & so nice

Did get lunch breaks

Cons: Did not feel valued in this unit. I was placed with different

preceptors, some okay, and some that were not so okay (hazing is

well practiced in this area and tolerated). Unfortunately, I left after

8 weeks due to the culture of this area. I was an experienced

nurse too. I did shadow one day prior to accepting this job, but it

wasn't representative of their normal busy days, they are a fast-

paced unit, the day I shadowed it was very slow.
Here is a list of things I observed:

They are very nice in the office.

They did not give adequate/enough training.

Get paid a lot less to do a Admit. (Admit has a lot of documentation).

PRN nurses do most do the admits.

Documentation program is very outdated.

A new PRN nurse gave the training.

They want you to audit other nurses admits and they do not tell you that when you get hired.

I told them that I needed more training before doing a admit and they told me to go ahead and do the admit —and they will tell me what I did wrong and I can fix the errors later. Which means spending more time on a admit.

They did not registered me for two important applications. The Local IT man, myself and corporate IT lady, spent around a half-an-hour, on the phone, to realize why I couldn’t get the app was because they never registered me.
Bon Secours Community hospital is an outdated hospital, the bosses here are all people grandfathered in from the small town. Nurses aren't qualified or caring. Union was voted in and they refused to pay us benefits untol 5 years after signing contract. Unfair pay, no one knows whats going on including HR> go somewhere else and save your mental health with this employer!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bon Secours?
They treat their employees well. As a new employee it has been nice that they have alot of support that they offer their employees in every area of your job. They really stay true to their values and their mission. This is not just a job for me to be able to be a part of something so great while serving others is a blessing. I have found my dream job.
St Francis Downtown is one of, if not the best place I have ever worked. It was hard work, and it was hard to find a place to sit down for charting. But I worked on a floor where everyone was professional but friendly. The only reason I left was due to the long drive, but I actually miss working there.
Pros
Caring, helpful, inclusive.
Cons
The only cons have more to do with supplies and budget issues
Low moral
Poor HR management

Rude staff (managers, doctors, nurses, front desk clerks)

Poor training

Cannot keep employees

Does not pay enough for the headache
Bon Secours was a business casual atmosphere. They stressed professionalism. Bonus incentives and quarterly patient access fun events for employees.
Pros
They provided lunch tee shirts bags
Cons
Shorter lunch breaks
Great place to work. Enjoyed my time there. Learned so much and met a lot of fantastic people. Gained a vast knowledge about my position. highly reccomend.
A great place to work at many years ago. Management at the time was great and worked with me during a rough time. I loved the floor I worked on (Med Surge) and then transferred to Surgical and that was a whole new ball game, but again Management was awesome. Thank you BonSecours for a great learning experience.
The mental health department in Maryview should be closed down for numerous of reason! The director of the unit needs to be replaced she is unprofessional, rude, negative minded
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, benefits
Some days it is hard to make my quota of accounts each day due to problems that come up with the accounts. On hold a long time with insurance companies and many other problems.
Unless you’re in the right clique you’re bullied. Expected to cover for and go along with unethical treatment of patience by medical staff. Don’t work here
Good Place ro work my supervisor was a great man he worked with us . Until he got replaced with someone woman doesnt know her job as a supervisor never let us do our job only wanted to have that control over everyone
Management at this facility are reactive never proactive
They are largely absent day to day

There is a lot of favoritism

There is no reward for being a good worker and doing your job just complaints when they don’t like something you do

Most of the policies are from the 1980s

Hard to survive here if you are looking for anything other than a good salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bon Secours. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight