Bon Secours Employee Reviews

excellantt
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2018
An awesome place to work love bonsecours the Manager would listen to you and we work together as a team. I would recommend this Hospital in VA to everyone I know.
Pros
discounts and great patients
Cons
n/a
It is a very nice place to work
Volunteer at Surgical Center Reception Desk (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 17, 2018
It is a volunteer job that I work at one day a week. We do a lot of interaction with other people. That is the highlight of my day! Each day there is someone new and a new story or experience that they want to share.
Pros
Experience with people
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
Bon Secours afforded me an opportunity for advancement with an organization that focused on patient care and those behind the scenes that wanted to help.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no cons
productive, fun , enjoyable
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
I learned how to have understanding for the things people went through. Like for instance the dialysis patience has to come three times a week to have their blood clean. That a lot to go through to live, my problems just are not that bad. they just need someone to listen to them.
Positive and friendly atmospher
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2018
Start work at 8 a.m. reviewing report reports in Excel, order hospital equipment for hospitals and assist end user with orders and issues with orders.
Pros
Flexibi=
The people that work there make the company enjoyable. It’s a great diverse and friendly environment
Film Librarian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed my years there. I loved the staff and my team in the radiology dept. It’s a great environment that offered a ton of flexibility. It’s very family oriented
Rn
Labor and Delivery and Women's Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIAugust 2, 2018
RN in Labor and Delivery. Managed low risk laboring patients. Worked the midnight shift mainly with minimal supervision. Scrubbed and circulated cesarean sections.
Pros
flexible
Cons
distance
Miserable place to work!
Staff RN in the Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 2, 2018
The management changes requirements of the staff daily, there is no consistency whatsoever. The nurses are not lifted up by management because they are negatively informed of all the things that they do wrong on a daily basis. Staff is bitter and it is an awful place to work and or visit.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2018
While Bon Secours is a great place to work, there are some areas for improvement. My experience was very educational and I was treated in a professional manner. Things seemed to run fairly with relatively little office politics. Managers often changed. There may be too many levels of management local or not.
Pros
Pay. Great learning experience. Mission
Cons
Hours. Often short staffed. Managers changes
Structured team oriented, resident focused environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2018
There were no typical days at work here. The residents I served were on a memory unit. I learned something about myself, I have more patience than I had ever realized. The management team here was awesome! The workplace culture was one that one proud to be a part of the team. There were no aspects of my job that, in my opinion, were hard. I loved my work, so nothing seemed or appeared to be hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for the residents., maintaining a safe environment.
Pros
The pros of this job are the residents.
Cons
There are no cons I can recall.
Bon Secours
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 28, 2018
I'm a fairly new PSR at Brook Run Family Physicians and all my colleagues are nice, warm, easily to get along with , and such a great sense of humor. We have good management at our office. On daily I normally check patients out and schedule them for their following appointment.
Student Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYJuly 25, 2018
Enjoyed my time here. Was able to connect with the techs in the department and help improve my skills as an up and coming tech. Would work here if given the opportunity.
CCT Program
Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2018
CCT program offers an entry portal to patients and provides a higher level of service for patients and families who need to be moved from facilites which do not have all of the services they need immediately available.
Pros
Higher level o f care
Cons
Not enough span of care for the region
Review summary
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2018
I worked as an intern with set hours. I learned a lot from the clinician as far as what my job required. Management was direct no confusion between the leadership. I enjoyed learning new roles and method of doing things. The hardest was trying to stay emotional prepared and not get emotional involved with patients illness. Most enjoyable is the progress you see with your patients.
Pros
Progress with patients and how challenges shape and improve our patients lives and our jobs
Cons
regression with patients
Fun work place
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 22, 2018
Learning new things on a daily basis . Good choices for healthcare. Good people to work with. Love for counting education. Meeting new people. Qorking close to one another.
Kitchen management horrible
Diet aide (Former Employee) –  Maria ManorJuly 22, 2018
I was treated unfairly by Dining Servies Director she is clueless in what’s really going on the kitche. Director only speaks to staff rudely disrespectful .. favoured can wear do what they want a lot of wasted $$ time and food products . Long term staff walk around the kitchen eating behind line etc.. too many call offs can’t keep staff poor management
Cons
Longprofessional management poor example for new enthusiastic staff
Love The People
Cardiology Technician /Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 20, 2018
Love working with the people but on the other hand the human resources personal where on campus. I had to email or call Virginia. I have ask questions for about a year now and still have not gotten a response.
Pros
Love working with the people
Cons
not Paid what you are worth
Great Place
Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Awesome place to work, met a lot of nice people , made a lot of friends and learned a lot. Nice and Friendly place. Can't say enough good things about them.
Pros
na
Cons
na
good
Hospice Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Working at Bon Secours was okay the culture was very friendly and relaxed. I personally desired a more challenging experience for my nursing experience at that time and more organized management.

I would recommend this for that nurse looking for a good transition, not too fast paced but also moving forward.
I recommend Bon Secours as a very good working place.
Intensive Care Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2018
Bon Secours provides excellent care to patients and helps the needy people. It is also a very good working place... it's like a family. It balances my work and famiy life.