Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Excellent
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYJanuary 15, 2019
a rewarding challenging professional experience working with patients with multiple disabilities. I was part of a professional team working together to bring about maximum recovery.
Pros
excellent team atmosphere
Cons
can't think of any
Communication Improvement and Opportunity for Career Growth, Training and Compensation
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Bon Secours is a great place to work. There is a current opportunity to for Bon Secours to do better with making sure that the company is giving their employees the opportunity to learn more within other areas in the company and/ or learn updated skills for advancing their career in their current position.
In 2019 employees would like to see improvement in the individual facilities such as the ORC that gets no attention directed toward the employees that work hard their everyday. They need to be invited and included in participating in more activities such as the same activities and luncheons that the hospitals do through out Bon Secours. The ORC is a forgotten place that no one knows about.

Communication is scarce when it comes to the Administrative Directors communicating with this department to update employees on anything that is going on within the company. Supervisors have no guidance from their managers. I would suggest Bon Secours have tiers of employees such as entry-level material technicians, mid-level and Senior technicians, a material supervisor and a manager and then Administrative directors. Without the levels an employee feels as if there is no advancement at all. This is where compensation comes into play. Bon Secours is not at all compensating employees what they should be compensating according to their title and by using the Bureau of Labor Statistics as a guide. Bon Secours is underpaying employees.

With underpaying being said, training for new employees can drastically improve in every department. There should be designated certified trainers.
  more... Employees have come to certain departments and don't get the proper training that they are deserved. The training are about 1 week or less. This is a disservice for the company and the employee. Put in place staff that can train staff correctly and not rush through the process or are incompetent themselves. Designate training staff in place that are patient, knowledgeable and are willing to follow the new hire along with on-the-job- training for about 2-3 weeks for clarity and confidence of the new hire and quality of job performance.

Last but not least, what drove me to go back to my old job and leave this company are these characteristics listed above. Also, Bon Secours should have a better ER visit discounted plan for employees that have to use the facilities. Bon Secours says they are not for profit but I have to pay over $4,000 for an ER visit. I know this never gets looked at but I wanted to at least put this out there so someone that is interested in knowing why Bon Secours turnovers are so high, listen to your employees when they give you suggestions.
Pros
Connect Your Care Card, Employees are Nice
Cons
Upper Management Needs to Communicate more with Employees
I can’t complain
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Bon Secours is a very friendly place to work it’s the lack of hours that makes the job so unappealing. I would in fact recommend the wellness arena as a part time job.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work, great benefits.
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2019
Benefits, dental, vision, life insurance, Understanding managements, Family like atmosphere, Always working to help and better the community. Always working in the community.
Productive and challenging work environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Working for Bon Secours is a Productive and challenging work environment. The most enjoyable part of my work day is collaborating with my teammates and Manager.
Pros
Good benefits
Great Place to Work
Sr. Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Being that it's Healthcare, the work was steady and plentiful.
I've learned a lot about relations between various software systems and their affects on patient care. The environment is mostly warm with little to no drama ever. Management cares about the staff. Hardest part about the job was frequent changes in processes and trying to please those who may want to circumvent in-place processes that could sometimes violate security protocol. The most enjoyable part of the job is the "team-building" and familial atmosphere.
Pros
Management is accommodating, telecommuting is sometimes allowed
Cons
Frequent changes in practices and accountability, low raises and bonuses.
Management Style
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 4, 2019
I found the management style refreshing, and a typical day at work was steady, challenging, and with a variety of different personal growth opportunities.
hospital CNA work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2019
You are going to perform basic CNA duties working under the delegation of tasks from RNs. I love working float pool and not belonging to a home unit. It is less stress.
Hospital Staff Nurse
Hospital Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Staff Nurse on Orthopedic Unit taking care of surgical and post surgical joint patients. Worked with patients who had spinal surgeries, extensive wound care needs, pain management and wound infections. Worked with patients in spinal traction, on Clinitron beds, Stryker frames, Circle beds and other specialized equipment as needed.
Pros
Continuing education opportunities, health insurance, 401K, pension
Cons
midnight shift
my review
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2018
Bon Secours was a good place to work, You could always count on making your 40 hours weekly. Never any overtime available. That was a down side. Management is something to be desired. They have a system of checks and balances that is outstanding. But the upper management is anything but professional, empathetic. They have a condescending attitude that is meant to perpetuate a sense of inadequacy in the employees. But they also use the system/ protocols to embellish their bs.
Pros
They hire great people/ employees
Cons
upper management sucks
Registrar (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2018
The culture and the mission of the company align with my expectation of a family and community oriented organization; we provide help to those in need
Okay
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 24, 2018
Management likes to micromanage the staff. Staffing is terrible. You will have 6 patients during your shift. Management does not listen to staff and take their thoughts into consideration.
Review
Internship (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 21, 2018
Great environment. I was an intern for the Hospice division and did not receive any salary. Interning at this location was very enlightening and i definitely would like to continue volunteering here.
Merger deal with Mercy
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2018
I was very happy to work here when I first started.
They allowed employees to pick up overtime, the management attempted to fix problems, and there was hardly any drama.
Recently we merged with Mercy Health making the combined companies an 8 BILLION dollar health care system, one of the 5th largest faith based health care systems.
Management ensured us that there would be little changes, and the merge wouldn’t effect us.
WRONG!
Overtime is cut throat now, we’re all fighting with each other to make enough money to survive.
They’re sending CNAS home early or at the start of shift
The Resident to staff ratio for someone in the dining room is unfair.
All you hear now is we’re on a budget! Budget this and that all the time!
We went from having plentiful supplies for the residents to having supplies cut
We went from as much OT as you want to being lucky to get one day of OT.
We went from a fair workplace for CNAS to an overwhelming workplace

Aside from that they also cut our yearly raises because we went over our budget. We all received a letter in the mail explaining that they will reassess in March 2019.

Bon Secour before the merge was a company I was proud to be employed at and would recommend, they actually cared about the employees. They wanted to make sure we all could afford the cost of living, now it’s the complete opposite. It’s a shame.

Aside from that...
There is drama and favoritism between staff and management. Most of us do not see a point in voicing our issues any more because nothing gets done.
Typical in most health care environments.

more...
Before all the changes I would have recommended working here especially someone with a family...
Now I would only recommended someone who doesn’t need the extra hours or has more than one job.

A lot of us aren’t happy here anymore
Pros
Free uniforms, residents are awesome
Cons
Too many cut backs!
Bon Secours
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 16, 2018
This is a good company to work for. They do a great job providing world class service to patients in the Hampton Roads area; The have multiple opportunities for development as a manager, as well as opportunities to complete ones education, and other opportunities to excel in ones position.
One of the best places to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
The residents and the family members are awesome. Management very disorganized and biased. Wont have your back if you've been accused of anything. Hard place to work but great place; company is centered around catering to family. A typical day is fast paced, on your feet passing medications. The wound care nurse is a stickler.
overall good
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working with Bon Secours. Recent changes with mangement and culture have many over thinking how to make a profit. Consultants are available, but are not authentic and do not listen or explain their motives often creating conflicts.
Documents
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2018
In this department we will receive medical documents and we scan the document according to medical department and the type of document it is, example: lab work, referrals, birth and death certificates; on different levels, encounters and patient level.
Pros
continue learning different medical information
Cons
about numbers
Good job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 6, 2018
Good place to work just managment is horrible they play favorites.treat employees unfairly and make you feel like your opinion does not matter and if they have a personal problem with you they try to get you fired.
Mission Driven and all around great place to work
Technical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2018
Bon Secours is a great place to work. You are able to support the community of caregivers that strive to bring the best possible health care to those in need.