Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Great Place
Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Awesome place to work, met a lot of nice people , made a lot of friends and learned a lot. Nice and Friendly place. Can't say enough good things about them.
Pros
na
Cons
na
good
Hospice Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Working at Bon Secours was okay the culture was very friendly and relaxed. I personally desired a more challenging experience for my nursing experience at that time and more organized management.

I would recommend this for that nurse looking for a good transition, not too fast paced but also moving forward.
I recommend Bon Secours as a very good working place.
Intensive Care Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2018
Bon Secours provides excellent care to patients and helps the needy people. It is also a very good working place... it's like a family. It balances my work and famiy life.
slow paced, unstructured
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 10, 2018
its just to slow paced and there is not enough training for staff to do the job proficiently. It is a easy job but because they dont follow procedures and set no standard it makes it hard.
Good place to work - must be able to produce quality work
Benefit/Pension Specialist (HR Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJuly 10, 2018
The hardest part of the job was when I had to remove an employee from the work area due to attendance, attitude, etc. The enjoyable part for me was the hiring process, meeting people from different cultures and seeing their enjoyment for what they did. New Hire Orientation was always fun with the games played for diversity.
Pros
The location and surrounding places to eat and just walk
Cons
Parking structure was a little creepy and outside parking so far from main building
Experince
Externship -Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 9, 2018
The staff was very knowledgeable and assisted with training me for the job. Working as an intern I was treated as an employee. I am very likely to refer a friend.
Workday
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYJuly 8, 2018
I schedule appointments advise patient which facility they will be going to for their exam.
All test preparations are given to the patient during scheduling as well how the test will be completed.
Any additional bloodwork and allergy medications needed will be requested for patient.
The process to ease the patient of any stress when going for the exam.
Pros
Working together as a team.
Cons
Three hospitals three different test preparations, allergies premed, implanted devices, medical conditions requiring bloodwork.
Supportive place to work
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist SBIRT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2018
Sometimes its busy and it can be slow. that you can help someone even if they are there for something els. they work with you. all culture. getting one to except change. seeing those faces that saids thank you
Pros
they eat
Cons
they get the care that they need.
Is nice enviorment to work at.
Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 4, 2018
The establishment is a nice place to gain skills for other future position. Is a nice well maintain place never dirty. They give equal opportunity to every candidate who willing to put in the work.
Pros
Good pay and advancement
Cons
Short breaks.
Was a great place to work!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2018
Recent organizational changes make it feel more like your a number and less like an employee, understaffed areas, leadership doesn’t hear your concerns when voiced, and stress level is on the rise. Was once the greatest job ever, now it’s another corporate clone who just does whatever the latest business publication says is best.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Changes in organization and poor leadership decisions have made it feel to much like “the office”
good place to work
Orthopaedic Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2018
Very enjoyable place to work. Everyone that works there actually enjoys there job. Pay could be better but raises, though small, occur during each reevaluation. Flexible hours, plenty of opportunities for overtime.
a good place to work
OR Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2018
Bon Secours has been a good place to work that provides many oppurtunities to learn and better ourselves within our career. I have been employee of this company for 20 years with very little complaint.
Pros
Good patient care
Cons
pay does not meet average, understaffed
good place to work and grow
Senior Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23223July 2, 2018
very fast pace, nice environment, coworkers is like family ,patient is cooperative 90% of the time, enjoyed working with people and the satisfaction of helping people is very pleasing to me
Pros
a lot over time hours
Cons
excellent bebefits
Fun Workplace Enviorment
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 2, 2018
Typical day at work is always fun. Learned so much over the years and advance as well.Management is great and care about employees.The most enjoyable part of the job is making the patients experience at the hospital easy going.
Pros
Advancments
No support from management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield County, VAJune 30, 2018
The office I worked at was always short handed. Upper management was always slow to approve advertising for new hires which caused current staff to work overtime and become overworked. The volume and pace of the office is super high and everything has to be done at top speed. There was no manager for our office to fight for better working conditions and more staffing. The supervisor often was out of the office for meetings, working from home, coming in late or leaving early & scheduled you for extra duties when you were off, which caused you to have to find someone to change days with you.
I did enjoy working with the provider and the way I was treated by the provider.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Short staffing, volume of patients and volume of work expected
Safe place to work for long career
information technology (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
Bon Secours is what I consider a safe place to work because accountability throughout the organization is a bit lacking. You can find a position and stay there for a long time if your happy coasting in a position.

On the really positive side, Bon Secours has a great mission and genuinely seems to care about its employees. They are not "bottom lined" focused but to recognized the need to be a financially efficient organization for the sake of its employees and patients.
Administrative management /DON disconnection at times
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 27, 2018
I worked as a n Unit manger and enjoyed my job,, my day staff and I worked well as a Team, night shift was very challenging , due to mostly inconsistency of difference agency staff.

Upper management unstable with clear directions and they changed often.

The staff is very caring, concern and seek best practice for their patients., willing to work hard.
Pros
salary and great staff
Cons
Upper management need to set clear directions of concerns, policies
Ashland KY
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJune 25, 2018
Very much a cut throat atmosphere and "cliquey" not friendly or helpful. Eating their young, outdated equipment, lack of communication between doctors and nurses; management that was overlooking problematic, rude, foul mouthed nurses to focus more on numbers than patient care. Very disappointed.
Good Place to Work
Housekeeping and Apparel Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time there I had a good working relationship with management. I enjoyed my co-workers. The benefits were ok and the staff was always nice to me.
Not pleases with work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2018
Over all I'm not pleased they were not understanding of my health issues since working there I have done nothing that I was hired for they placed me in another position without talking to me about I didn't like work there
Pros
Cons
Working in a position that i wasn't hired for