Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2018
Bon Secour is a great place to work with growth. I have been working here for quite some time and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Daily work load
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 9, 2018
Set up lab for EP studies and device implants.
Learned about the wiring of the heart muscle.
The treatment of patients and the cure given.
Patient satisfaction in job well done.
Pros
Patient iLong hournteraction
Cons
Long hour some times no breaks.
Not a place to furher one's carreer.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Warwick, NYJune 8, 2018
The schervier Pavilion nursing home in warwick. NY does not have provisions for staff to join unions. Employees go through streneous procecess to get hired and get fired easily. Will not recommend for a long term professional career, especially for LPNs.
Newly hired employees last an average of 3months and quits. Poor management staff.
Pros
Good for a short term experience
Cons
Job instability
Service
Arrhythmia and EKG Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 5, 2018
Bon Secour Memorial in Mechanicsville is a not a company to work for if you are looking for benefits and somewhere to start. Their mission is all about the mission but their employees and supervisors have no problem throwing you under the bus! Thats what they preach in 4 day orientation that employees are not to do. Well...they are just the opposite! I left because I tried to change positions due to the back stabbing within shifts and was told I could not do that. I refused to work with a bunch of health care professionals that I could not call professionals.
At this job, I enjoyed this job so much it was not work for me.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
This was a very face paced position. Being that it was in the Emergency Room in downtown Baltimore, I saw a lot of hurt people. Hurt emotionally, physically, psychologically and my heart went out to them. I was able to minister to them in more ways than one. They had to tell me when my 12 hour shift was over, I was so engrossed in what I was doing. I was born to make people's lives better, lighter and easier.
Pros
Serving gives great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day!
Cons
I had to work in snow blizzards.
Very poor management
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 3, 2018
High position managers/directors without bachelor's degrees, passive aggressive managers favoring employees that are less qualified and ask no questions while better educated and experienced employees are passed by. It is a joke and a very hard place to be ethical. The Mission is nothing like what the managers and directors follow. Staying on to promote change, but its difficult!
Pros
Talented peers and co-workers that put patients first
Cons
Horrible management, nepotism, favoritism, and poor HR
Overall great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2018
Just starting out in the home health field I thought this company did a great job at training me and providing me the time I needed to feel comfortable before going out on my own. The office staff and management were of the most compassionate people I've met and are beyond flexible. After a few months decided I did not like the Monday through Friday 9-5 idea so personally that is why I decided to leave but overall a great place to work.
Company picnics
Front office specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2018
Bon Secours hospital has been a great experience and a wonderful place to work. I feel that it is time find my next adventure. I have always wanted to work with people and this has given me the chance to do it. I would love to have a chance to work at Baptist Easley hospital in the endoscopic department.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Don't have any
Mission drives the Culture
Director of Talent Strategy and Development (Current Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDMay 30, 2018
One of the few places I've worked where every person genuinely embodies the stated values and mission of the organization. It's a wonderful place to work.
Bon Secours Healthcare System is employee and community driven
Coordination of Patient Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYMay 30, 2018
Working for Bon Secours you feel like an important part of their organization no matter what your position is. Every role is an importan contributing part of their goal to serve the community
Pros
Feeling accomplished
Prodctive workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 29, 2018
great place to learn and advance. Was able to gain IV certification and was trained well in the IV room based on 797 regulations. Overall team members were good to work with
No comment
Document Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 24, 2018
Company is merging with another Healthcare facility which is out of state. There are alot of people who are unaware of the security if their positions. Otherwise God company to work for.
Community, Charity
Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2018
Dedicated to serving all of the community. Charitable community involvement. Book collection, school supplies, shoes and canned goods for indigent families.
Pros
benefits and free lunches
Cons
needs more staff
Great place to intern - caring staff, high quality service delivery
Intern/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2018
Great place to intern - caring staff, high quality service delivery, flexible hours, broad exposure within field. Hospice House is a beautiful facility and the staff is exceptionally caring.
The core of West Baltimore
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2018
Spent over 20 years in this company. The mission of the Sisters of Bon Secours remain a positive influence in a neighborhood that struggles to maintain a presence.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Healthcare is tough in a poverty stricken area
Liked co workers and patients
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 20, 2018
It was a good job but unable to change shift easily. Not everyone can do 12 hr shifts all the time. Not enough time in training, for med passes and computer skills.
Bon Secours
Hospital Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 19, 2018
I had many opportunities to learn and grown at Bon Secours. I moved on to increase my knowledge of the nursing industry. I would recommend working for this company
Pros
close to home
Cons
n/a
Its the medical field...
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMay 17, 2018
Bon Secours is a sensible place to be employed. The hours can be long but the compensation is great. Lower level leadership is weak. Upper management is rarely seen, but their polices and procedures impact every facet of the workforce.
Pros
Compensation, Overtime, Benefit Package
Cons
Leadership (Upper, Middle, and Lower Levels), Demanding, Inflexible
Productive and Fun Place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
Pleasant place to work. Management seems to care about there employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers and they seemed to care.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks

Comment – May 21, 2018

Great place to work. compensation is wonderful. moved on for other job opportunities.

Triage Nurse
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
AI was responsible for the management of the hospice business in after hours which included telephonic assistance, home visits, and interaction with various members of the healthcare industry.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
demands for services for more than one family at a time