Bon Secours Employee Reviews

Good place to start
ED Registrar (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VaNovember 17, 2018
Good benefits for you and your family, pays well, and has very friendly staff. All the supervisors are willing to work with you if you just go to them and talj
Compassionate and productive work environment dedicated to the communities they serve
Director of IT Service Management (Current Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDNovember 16, 2018
Working for Bon Secours has truly been a rewarding and fulfilling experience. The people are dedicated to the values and mission of the organization and treat each other as family. The services provided to patients and the surrounding communities go beyond compassionate care and are unlike other catholic health care systems in the nation.
Always changing and no communcation
CPC-A / Behavioral Health Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
Rarely communication between leadership and employees. Same goes from department to department. Pay is low compared to area standards and not much compensation towards expenditures for job related needs.
Pros
a job, friendly staff and coworkers
Cons
low pay, expensive insurance, not much security
Short staffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MechanicsvilleNovember 11, 2018
Great teamwork atmosphere. Payrate is competitive and plenty of opportunity for overtime (if you like overtime). Opportunities for advancement to clinical care lead/permanent charge nurse. Benefits are expensive with high deductibles. Staffing is a major issue throughout facility resulting in major burnout. Nurses are floated to other units on almost a weekly basis. Mandatory overtime is required at least 1-2 times per month. Nurses perform all phlebotomy. Nursing ratios are improving with the implementation of a new nursing grid but nursing support staff (ie pct’s, pca’s) are also short handed. Often at night, nursing floors won’t have techs or aides because they are made to sit one to one.
Pros
Pay, matching 403b, good teamwork
Cons
Short staffed, not enough nursing support, mandatory overtime
Terrible
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bon Secours KentuckyNovember 7, 2018
Bon Secours of KY is horrible, very badly managed. They take take and take some more. For the past two summers every employee has been made to donate 72hrs of personal PTO because of a “budget crisis” if you don’t have PTO to give they split it up over a 3 month span. Some departments work very short staffed while other departments are crawling. Some people work without lunch breaks, and work off the clock just trying to get everything accomplished thats impossible to do in 40hr week. If you enjoy working for a company that has thousands of chiefs but not enough Indians olbh of ky will be right up your alley!
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, no lunch breaks, always asking for donations, poor raises, expensive insurance
hospice
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2018
It was a great place to worknwith a great team of skilled nurse and supplementary staff. Given rge opportunity I would work there again. the staff, patients and family members were memorable.
great place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 6, 2018
my review of this facility is awesome .i never had more fair place to work. when i needed to be heard i was. the benefits are awesome . i only left be cause i was moving to my home town to take care of my home.
Pros
union
Cons
on call pay was low
Accountable People Needed In Leadership Roles
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2018
lacking accountability in leadership; In order to be change agents leadership has to support projects and employees to the end. Commit to being a Lean environment.
Tempt job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 4, 2018
Temporary job: not much interaction with company co-workers.
Not much learned from the tempt job.
Encountered traffic problem going to work every day
Always short staffed
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2018
I work multiple units on the float pool. The med surge units are always short staffed and they have been cutting ancillary staff (techs, secretary) and giving nurses 6-7 patients at night. Nurses are required to do all phlebotomy as well. They have high expectations for what should be done, yet keep adding more patients. In the last three years this health system went from 4-5 at night, to 5 at night, to 6 at night, to now wanting to give 7 without adding anymore techs. With the Mercy merger it has just gotten worse.
Great company to work for
Home Health Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAOctober 28, 2018
Worked at job for several years. Did get laid off due to job cuts. Learned a lot through the years. Lower management was great working with the employees and tried to obtain other positions for you.
Pros
good benefits and working conditions
Cons
Jobs ended due to budget cuts
Family type atmosphere among coworkers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 25, 2018
Coworkers very helpful always willing to help in times of need, the patients are mainly Orthopedic and Stroke patients which require special time, attention and treatment.
Dysfunctional yet trying
RN (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 23, 2018
Local levels with this system are trying their best but there is a bit of dysfunction. These people are good in nature and are present for the right reasons.
Wonderful
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 23, 2018
Bon secours makes it there business to prepare there workers for the next level.
I am very proud to say I was a member of the DePaul medical center family.
Great place too work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 20, 2018
A lot of experience, and opportunity to advance, a lot of friendly people too work with and for. A lot of walking, standing for hours, but its all worth it, when you work for such
new management
DIETARY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2018
management didn't stick to there word when it came to things being said in the meetings. In the beginning I loved working there but by the end of day I wanted to quit
Important Work
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 14, 2018
I enjoy working at BS, and feel strongly about the values we uphold and the services we provide in the community. I feel that I am part of a team that cares about the job and the community, not just people punching in for a paycheck.
Excellent place to work!
Floor technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 13, 2018
This was by far the best place I ever worked for wonderful work environment from the workers to the benefits. I loved the culture of the company in wanting to help people in need and cared for their employees as well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Shortage of employees.
Mission Motivated
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 12, 2018
The workforce at Bon Secours is mostly motivated by the faith-based Mission of being "Good Help to Those in Need." This is apparent in almost every department.
productive and fun place to work
Lead Patietn service rep (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2018
I love working at my job my patients and my co workers are the heart of office my manager is the best we are like a family at our office we all look out for on another