Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

Highly Reccomended
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 15, 2018
I am a current employee at Bonaventure of Pueblo for a little over a year now and I have never enjoyed going into work each and everyday like I do here at Bonaventure. The staff has always been very kind and welcoming. We all strive to work as a team to make our residents experience a great one. One of the best things about my job is that I get to listen and enjoy stories from our residents past times. To hear all that they have accomplished in life is amazing. I learn from them each and everyday. This is truly a great place to work. Highly recommended.
Pros
Friendly staff/residents, paid vacation, health benefits, serving our older generation
Cons
long work hours
Resident care.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Bonaventure of PuebloAugust 15, 2018
Employment at Bonaventure of Pueblo is nothing but wonderful. I get to be a part of a lifestyle that is compassionate & loving. The residents are your family and I am honored to be a part of their lives. I love that I can be one of many people to take care of our residents and sometimes be the last. We are people taking care of people and we do it to the fullest.
Pros
Taking care of others, teamwork, stability, exceptional staff, fun & loving residents.
Cons
None.
Amazing!
Sales and Marketing manager (Current Employee) –  Keizer, OrAugust 13, 2018
Bonaventure at Keizer station is not just a career, between the staff and residents I feel like I hang out with family all day! I am honored to be able to make a difference for all of the seniors that walk through our doors. It really is retirement perfected.
Pros
Everyday there is a new pro to working here!
Cons
None to list.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORAugust 13, 2018
I have been with Bonaventure Senior Living for almost three years. I am currently a Sales Manager at the Bonaventure at Keizer Station. I am surrounded with amazing residents and staff. This is a fun and exciting place to work and I would recommend working here to anyone!!
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Extremely unorganized and rude.
Server (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 11, 2018
On my first day working I was constantly yelled at to “speed it up” even going my quickest and I had very minimal training. I also found the place disgusting and unsanitary. There were insects and maggots in trash bins and near food. The food was stored incorrectly and there was only one chef out of 4 that washed their hands.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, staff, cleanliness, etc.
August 13, 2018

It is unfortunate that you left us after only working for 1 day, however when your claims were brought to the attention of management, they investigated and found that they were in fact not accurate. Our kitchen is sanitary, there were absolutely NO insects or other bugs in the trash or near food, the food is in fact stored correctly, and all of our kitchen staff wash their hands. If you have any additional feedback or comments, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com

I love working here
Director of Marketing and Promotions (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 26, 2018
My Co-Workers, The Residents, and Management Team make this an exceptional company to work for. I have worked in the care industry for many years and never have I felt so valued, respected, and understood than I do working here.
In this industry you work hard, you break your back for the people you work for, and you want it to be worth something. At Bonaventure it is.
Pros
Everything!
July 30, 2018

Thank you for the nice comments. We truly appreciate them. We're glad that you feel that all your efforts are worth it at Bonaventure Senior Living. We do truly value and respect our employees and we're happy that you can see that in your career. Please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com if you have any other comments, feedback, or any questions.

A great positive work environment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 9, 2018
I have been with Bonaventure for 6 months and I Love, Love working here. Our Executive Director and Asst. Executive Director are wonderful to work for. They are very supportive and provide the necessary tools for me to be successful. I love coming to work everyday knowing I am going to meet wonderful residents who will join our Bonaventure family. To see the residents excitement at our events, getting to know each other and share great conversations with them is heartwarming. I recommend for you to join our Bonaventure team and be a great part of this wonderful community.
Pros
Positive work environment.
July 10, 2018

We appreciate the wonderfully kind words. Thank you! It pleases us to hear that your experience with Bonaventure has been positive and that you love working for Bonaventure. We hope that your have many years of happiness in your career. If you would like to leave us anymore comments, feedback, or if you have any questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

Love the residents they enjoy getting taken care of
Server (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAJuly 9, 2018
They have really bad management they don’t take really good care of the residents but that’s my opinion. I love making them happy and I had made a lot of good memories with the residents and I feel bad for them but for me it wasn’t the job for me hard leaving but probably best thing I did
July 18, 2018

We appreciate your comments as it can help us make improvements where needed. Our number one priority is always our residents and their well-being. We are sorry that this wasn't the right job for you and we wish you luck on your future endeavors. If you have any other comments, feedback, or any questions, please feel free to email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

Great first job.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 22, 2018
Great first time job or part time job for students i loved it here but very uptight on apperance hated my tattoos made me cover them with bandaids even if non efensive. Promotes from within mostly.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We truly appreciate them. We're glad that you loved it at Bonaventure and thought it was a great first job. We do have a policy on tattoo that is in place for the benefit of our residents. Please feel free to email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com with anymore comments, feedback, or questions you may have.

A Growing Company and a Solid Place to Work
Graphic Designer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 22, 2018
Work at the Bonaventure Senior Living home office is fast-paced and challenging, but expectations are reasonable and the management and staff are very supportive. Much is made about the work/life balance here, and I can also attest to this in a very positive way. In my short time here, I have been able to learn new software and processes and have already felt like a valued member of the team. There can be communication hiccups between management and staff, but they are very infrequent and are resolved quickly and positively.

In all, my experience here has been an excellent one.
Pros
Opportunity to learn/grow, supporting coworkers and managemnet, excellent work/life balance
Cons
Rare communication mishaps can occur, but are quickly resolved.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for leaving us some nice comments. We appreciate it. It makes us happy that you have been enjoying your position in the short time you've been here. We hope that you will grow and thrive along side us. We're also glad that the hiccups you mentioned are both infrequent and resolved quickly. Please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com with any other comments, feedback, or questions you may have.

A Growing Company and Solid Place to Work
Graphic Designer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 22, 2018
The environment at Bonaventure Senior Living's home office is high-paced, with expectations to match. It can be challenging initially, but management and co-workers give everyone a chance to succeed. Minor quibbles might be had with management/staff communication, but expectations are consistent and reasonable.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and learn (software, processes, etc), good work/life balance, challenging but reasonable expectations.
Cons
Communication hiccups between management and staff can occur, but are very infrequent and are quickly resolved.
July 5, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. We're glad that you find your career at Bonaventure Senior Living positive. We wish you years of success and continued growth with our company. If you have any other comments, feedback, or any questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

I love working here
Caregiver' (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 22, 2018
Pros
Everything!
June 27, 2018

We truly appreciate the kind words. Thank you. We value all of our employees at Bonaventure and we're glad that it is noticed. The work can indeed be hard, but the reward is always worth it. Thank you for helping provide Retirement Perfected to our residents. If you have any other comments, feedback, or any questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

Great Place To Work For High Energy People Looking To Grow!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 22, 2018
I've been a caregiver, med aid, and now a sales manager at this company. I come back because I believe in what we offer, I believe that we are the best, and I would move my family member in, in a heart beat.

We have high standards and our employees are expected to go above and beyond. While some may not last because they don't want any pressure, I view it as a challenge everyday to be better than the day before. I also think about what that means for the people living here. By putting pressure on people to be the best versions of themselves, they make people grow and assures that the residents living at any of our communities are surrounded by people who not only WANT to be there, but will go above and beyond for your family member.

I'd recommend a career here to anyone who likes a good challenge, strives to be better, and wants to grow and advance into management.
Pros
Great training and advancement, great bonus structures for applicable positions, wonderful people
Cons
When residents pass. Those people become like family and that's tough.
June 27, 2018

These are such nice words and we truly appreciate them. Thank you! It makes us proud to see that you have moved through the company and progressed in your career. We wish you all the success you can possibly wish for. Please feel free to email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com with any comments, feedback, or questions.

Bonaventure of Salmon Creek
Asst. Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Salmon Creek, WAJune 21, 2018
I have been an employee of Bonaventure of Salmon Creek for 3+ years. Bonaventure is a great company to work for and provides many growth opportunities. The residents are a joy and make each day fun and exciting. We have terrific staff who care for our residents and each other.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for the nice comments. First off, congratulations on over three years with Bonaventure of Salmon Creek. That is certainly something to be proud of. We're glad that you're still finding your career fun and exciting. That makes every day worth it. Again, congratulations. Please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com with any comments, questions, or feedback.

Work Life Balance is Excpetional
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 15, 2018
I absolutely love where I work. One of the keys for me in making a transition to working for Bonaventure was having a better work life balance. I was commuting 3 plus hours per day and hardly got to spend quality time with my Family.
Not only has that changes here where my commute is about 20 minutes per day, but I get to spend a majority of my time with my family rather than at the office.
My team is fantastic, our leadership is hands on, and frankly couldnt has for a better place to be.
Pros
Family Oriented, Great Work Life Balance, Great Salary, Fun Environment
June 18, 2018

Thank you for the nice comments! We truly appreciate it. We're glad that working at Bonaventure Senior Living has made your work and life balance better. We're also very happy that you enjoy your team! Thanks for being a part of Team Bonaventure. If you have any other comments, feedback, or any questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

Ridiculous
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 12, 2018
I was hired as dining services manager. I lasted 3 weeks and only gave a 3 day notice because the company was so horrible. First off they lowballed my offer l(by 10k)and I accepted because I wanted something new. I had contact with a chef who was covering and most things he said were very helpful bit red flags at the same time( how the budget is, problem employees, the menu etc.) I was optimistic as I have turned bad kitchens around before. Once I got there I learned that my lead cook had been fired MULTIPLE times for theft. There were only enough labor hours in the budget to schedule 3/4 of my day. I don't mind being on the line but one cannot successfully run a kitchen with 5 full shifts on the line and that's expected. They want the "executive chef" to be the lead line cook, dining room manager and kitchen manager for pennies( even though I was lowballed I'm sure I made more than most in that position and I just started. The food was that of prison quality. I know I was the "chef" and could alter recipes as I see fit but, the quality of ingredients I was forced to order was sad..
Like I wouldn't feed my pets that garbage. They rehired anyone willing regardless if they walked out on a shift or just didn't show up for a while. They shorted me over 1000$ on my last check as well. Been debating calling the state at a random time to check on them
Pros
They hire
Cons
Everything else
Poorly ran company
Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 23, 2018
The company tried to cut corners everywhere possible and I felt the patient did not get the quality care they deserved. I just could not work there any longer.
Pros
Cons
Extremely high turnover rate due to COO
It is stressfull place to work
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Bonaventure, CoMay 6, 2018
I worked at bonaventure castle rock for 14 months as qmap. The coordinators didn't have management education background and experiences. A lot of turn over. They don't know how to manage people,schedule, and everything. They would make everything neat and organized when the home office came over. I did medications for 3 floor, i did everything what the nurse do. They didn't even give raise after 12 months.
May 8, 2018

At Bonaventure Senior Living, our goal is to create a positive workplace where employees are constantly learning and moving forward in their career. We do this by providing numerous training opportunities for employees. We appreciate the feedback you provided as it can help with the improvement of our workplace atmosphere and allow us to be a better employer. If you have any additional feedback, comments, or questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

Unorganized workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 5, 2018
Bonaventure Senior Living is a very unorganized business due to the unorganized and unprofessional management. Management acts as if they care about the value of the business but fails to improve and solve reoccurring issues.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We appreciate any and all feedback as it can help us improve our workplace atmosphere and make Bonaventure Senior Living the best place to work at in the industry. If you have any additional feedback, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com.

fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Freeland, WAMarch 25, 2018
Maple ridge was a really good place, i would go back if I could have gotten more hours, I loved working there and most of the staff was very nice I loved seeing and the residents they always made me so happy and brightened my day.
Pros
good meals, free meals (If its one of the specials)
Cons
short breaks, some behavior was rude
March 27, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. We welcome any and all feedback as it can help us improve the workplace for our employees and thus allow us to better serve our residents. If you have any other feedback, comments, or if you have any questions, please email GMansfield@LiveBSL.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9