Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

It's a fine job with a pretty set schedule
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 3, 2018
This job was fine for other people it just didn't work out for me because I had a personal schedule that could change in an instant. The schedule when I worked there was created for the whole month which had really restricted my personal life.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your time here didn’t work out and that the schedule was constricting to your personal life! We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you are able to find something that will be flexible to your schedule.

Disappointing unethical unsafe
Assistant Executive Director (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 30, 2018
This company doesn’t care for the residents at all. Our residents had at one time bought into the sales pitch but now don’t even want to live there and are looking to move. The food quality is terrible which was huge for our residents, maintainence: the fridge and the freezer were not cold enough to be up to state standard but the company wouldn’t purchase new equipment. They also installed lighting fixtures at a discount price which then caught on fire in a residents apartment days later. The ED was asking management to take CPR classes online and put caregiver names on the documentation because the care staff couldn’t pass the test or read the test/literature. All of this was ok at this company. Seniors are not safe at this place. They continue to employ and promote under qualified staff. They force all management to go through their “marketing training” but really it’s sales. Even if you aren’t in a marketing or sales position. And If you have had this training they expect you to continuously call people about moving in the way a telemarketer would. On MULTIPLE occasions when a possible move in lead asked to please be removed from the list (even when their loved one had died) this company requires all management to continue calling the family regardless of their request. They also are so hard up for sales they ask staff to *wait for it...* SIT AT THE ER FOR HALF OF A WORKING DAY to try and get someone to move in. This is information from their corporate location in Salem OR. Nobody could fake this. I wouldn’t recommend anyone support this company, live at the Communities,  more... work for them etc.  less
Pros
Pay was adequate for my position
Cons
Read above — too many to list
December 5, 2018

We are sorry that you have left Bonaventure Senior Living with the need to leave negative feedback. Our priorities at Bonaventure are our Employees and our Residents. In regards to some of these allegations, this is the first time we have heard about them and they have not been reported to HR. If you would like to provide details you may do so by emailing gmansfield@livebsl.com so we may look into them. If not, we wish you all the best for what comes next for you in your career.

Never again
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CONovember 24, 2018
Do not work here. I have worked at many places and this was the worst. The home office flew in and were the worst. The residents were treated poorly and the management added as many services to make them pay.
Pros
Free/discounted food from dining
Cons
Not enough time to tell you everything
November 27, 2018

Bonaventure appreciates all opportunities for feedback, however this is the first that we have heard of these types of complaints or allegations. We would appreciate it if you would email your concerns to gmansfield@livebsl.com so we might be able to look into them.

its a job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Freeland, WANovember 23, 2018
Do not plan on a schedule that will stay similar. Policies change like peoples socks. The company dose watch their dime. The residents are sweet. Staff changes frequently.
Pros
The residents
Cons
hours, wage, coworkers, managment
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is appreciated. You are correct in stating that you shouldn't plan on a schedule as schedules tend to change based around the needs of the residents. You are also correct in stating the company pays attention to what it spends. If we didn't, then we would not be successful in business. With that said, Bonaventure Senior Living appreciated its employees and the hard work you all put in for the residents of our communities. If you would like to leave any further feedback, please email gmansfield@livebsl.com

Loved the residents (mostly), and coworkers. Management and pretty much everything else drains the life out of me
Server (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 17, 2018
Most of the residents are great, though, some are EXTREMELY privileged and entitled (which you're on your own to deal with most of the time, as managers want to be "the good guys" and have no problems rail roading lower level employees), my coworkers are what have kept me here as long as I have stayed, which hopefully isn't much longer. Immediate and head managers are TERRIBLE, treat you like slaves. The pay isn't awful, but, not near good enough to deal with the bully, passive aggressive management. Several times I've come to my immediate supervisor for direction and was told simply "work faster". The crew we have work hard, and get no leadership or real direction. If you don't do something the way the manager does it, exactly, we get nitpicked to death, and snide, unprofessional comments.
Pros
Coworker support each other, that's really it
Cons
Management, organization, pretty much everything else.
November 19, 2018

Bonaventure Senior Living appreciates all feedback and we would like to be able to address your concerns, however this is the first report of its kind we have been made aware of. If you could please email gmansfield@livebsl.com and provide more details, we would be definitely like to look into this further.

Not fun to work for
Caregiver/Server (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 14, 2018
Head caregiver didnt even address who she was first day on the job my trainer talked down about the company and the people that worked there. Training should have been longer than 2 days
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
No breaks or communication
Residents are amazing. You just fall in love with it all. Management sucks!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WANovember 11, 2018
I worked here for a short period of time. Management favored guys. Always short staffed. You did more work than what it was worth. The residents are amazing tho. Always smiling. Never a dull moment
Pros
Wonderful residents
Avoid at all costs
Management (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 5, 2018
Terrible place to work they treat their employees like disposable objects and only care about the money when it comes to resident care. They will take on elders that are far too sick for assisted living just so they can grab that first month's rent. False promises and exaggerations to families and employees alike. Staff turnover is the worst I have ever seen and I can understand why. Do not work here, do not put your family member in these facilities.
Pros
the residents
Cons
upper management treat you like dirt, poor pay, unrealistic expectations
November 12, 2018

We are sorry that you have felt the need to leave a negative review after no longer being with Bonaventure, however we want to assure everyone that Bonaventure Senior Living does not treat their staff like disposable objects. There is turnover in this industry, but as a company, we are below the average Turn Over Rate. Our #1 priority is making sure that our residents have the top care possible and that they feel at home while they are living at a Bonaventure Community. We will go above and beyond to make sure that is the case and if that means we have to lose employees that do not have that same priority, then that is ok. We want employees that have the residents best interests in mind at all times.

I would not recommend working here
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 2, 2018
I was hired as one thing and was only given a few days training and then when management thought that I wasn't prepared for that job they immediately moved me to another job which once again I wasn't properly trained for. I gave them my two weeks notice which was much more than anyone else gave; most of my employees just left and never showed up again. After one week I had to call in sick and later that day received a call telling me to not even bother coming back in for my last few days.
Management their is very impersonal and you don't get payed enough for how rude they are.
November 5, 2018

We are sorry to hear that Bonaventure of Lacey did not work out for you and we wish you the best in your future employment.

Horrible Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 25, 2018
Working at the Bonaventure of Castle Rock was a horrible experience. Not only are they extremely unprofessional they also lack any sense of leadership. Due to the high turnover -- everyone else on staff are just trying to make it through a day. The corporate office comes in on their white horse to save the day and ends up making it even more of a mess. The only positive part of the day was working with the residents.
Pros
Beautiful Building
Cons
Poor Management
Great opportunity for a first job
Server (Current Employee) –  Bonaventure of SalemOctober 20, 2018
Great opportunity for a first job in the dining room. Many of my friends are looking for first jobs and having to work in fast food places. Here I get to have lots of grandparents!
Pros
Getting to have so many grandparents.
Cons
Not getting spend as much time as I would like with them.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate it. We're glad that you're enjoying your first job. It's such a a pleasure to be able to give so many people the chance at not only a good and rewarding first job, but also a lifelong career that they can be proud of. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Turn and burn
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 20, 2018
Bring on new people, burn them out in a few months and repeat. Most people are looking for a new job, once they start and see what is happening. Turnover is massive. Might be an industry thing, and not just them.
Pros
You get paid and the checks clear
Cons
Pay is poor, people hate their jobs, management always stressed and angry.
October 22, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately being a caregiver in the Senior Living industry is a position that people get burned out quickly in. However it is also one of the most rewarding positions as you get to work directly with the seniors that rely on you the most. This is the first complaint that we have heard of like this since new management took over that community. If you would like to provide more details, you can email gmansfield@livebsl.com

Exciting and challenging
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 20, 2018
A good company to begin exploring working in. I volunteered and have enjoyed my experience at their community. Enjoyed working with the seniors. I look forward to the opportunity to work there.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your kind words about your Volunteer Experience at one of our communities. We truly appreciate it.

I have had the privlidge of not only working with this team at Home Office but I continue to learn and grow.
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 18, 2018
I love that I am able to make a difference either for staff in a community, a family member or a resident. I am Thankful everyday for this amazing opportunity to make a difference!
Pros
Support!
Cons
Don't know if it is a con or job security but the job is never done :)
October 19, 2018

Thank you very much for leaving us these nice comments. We truly appreciate it. Each of our team members make such a big difference to those that are around them and we are very thankful for everything you, and other team members, do to make this such a great company. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Love what we do.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 18, 2018
I have been with Bonaventure a long time and have worked in just about every department here at the home office. I love what we do and so happy to be apart of what is to come.
Pros
Getting to go on site visits and meet residents
Cons
None at this time
October 19, 2018

We appreciate the kind words. Thank you! We're very happy that you love what you do and we wish you many more years of future success. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2018
I am a Regional Director for Bonaventure and I really enjoy my job and the team I work with. Our standards are very high because we believe that Retirement Perfected requires it.
Pros
A cohesive and cooperative team
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your nice comments. We truly appreciate it. We're glad that you enjoy your job and the team that you work with. That can make a career extra special. Email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

Great atmosphere
AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 15, 2018
I enjoy working at Bonaventure thanks to great co-workers and management. The environment is warm and welcoming. I enjoy going to work and no longer dread Monday mornings.
Rewarding company to work for
Operations (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 12, 2018
Bonaventure is a great company to work for. They have extremely high standards (which is not the right fit or environment for everyone) but the hard work pays off in many ways, both financial and spiritual. The executives of the company are very hands on and visible, so you know that when they talk about their vision and their mission it's not just lip service. They mean it and they live it. They care about their residents and their staff and are always striving to improve the satisfaction for both, in whatever ways they can. Working with people is never easy, and there can be long days, stressful days, etc. but serving seniors is incredibly rewarding and Bonaventure manages to make the hard not only worth it, but fun.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate it. We're glad that you think Bonaventure is a great company to work for and that the hard work everyone puts in at our company is both worth it and fun. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Literally the worst senior living community ever.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East WenatcheeOctober 9, 2018
Management is the worst in this company. They do not care about their employees or residents. I would never recommend anyone to go to this place. They overcharge the residents and under pay their staff. They expect perfection but don't provide the staff with nearly enough employees or hours so everyone is way over worked. The turn over rate is by far the worst I've ever experienced. Something is majorly wrong with this company and it needs to change. I feel so sad for all the residents who live there and have to go through multiple caregivers a month and never get to have a solid relationship with any of the employees. They get treated like a number and it's just plain and simply,
WRONG!
Pros
Carestaff actually cares
Cons
Everything else
October 12, 2018

We are sorry that you have left the company with the need to leave a negative review. We would like to point out that as a Medical Assistant, your role is to care for the Seniors in the community. When someone quits with no notice, it leaves the residents in the position of vulnerability which is not fair to them. The priorities of Bonaventure Senior Living are in fact it's residents and employees. Without them, there is no Bonaventure Senior Living. Every applicant that is offered a position in this company knows before accepting the job what their pay will be. Each person has the opportunity to either accept or decline the position having full knowledge of what they will be paid. There is also a period of review, where staff can get raises based on job performance. With that said, we wish you the best on your future career path.

Amazing !!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Freeland, WAOctober 1, 2018
Maple Ridge is like my family. The staff and resident are all very kind and caring. I can honestly say this is the first job that I have had in the Caregiving field and I have felt/recieved more heart felt appreciation than anywhere else I've ever worked.....
Pros
the way I feel appreciated when I leave work.
Cons
Pay and distance from my home
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your review and the hard work you put it. The work you do for our residents each day does not go unnoticed and you are appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about