Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

Nice People
Designer (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 21, 2019
I am new to the Bonaventure Team, but so far am enjoying my time here. I am surrounded by nice people that work hard and care about what they do. The environment that I get to work in each day is great.
Productive and Fun Environment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 21, 2019
Working with seniors has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. My mom and dad used to volunteer at senior centers and assisted living facilities where I grew up. It instilled a love and passion for working with them, so when I had the opportunity to take the path of working with seniors as a Career, I jumped at the opportunity. I truly enjoy spending as much time as I can here. When you enjoy what you do its not like you're working, and for me, that is how I feel each day.
New here and So far So good!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 21, 2019
I am new to this company and So far So good. I have worked for other senior living communities in the past and I would say that I have never been treated so openly by so many people, including the residents here. The team that I work with are kind and they are helpful in making sure I am doing things the right way. If you are looking for a pretty great place to work, with some pretty great co workers, and even better residents to chat with everyday, then I absolutely recommend working for Bonaventure.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Amazing Residents, Decent Pay, Benefits
Professional and Fun Atmosphere
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 15, 2019
When I was working for Bonaventure Senior Living I had some of the greatest times. I got to meet some amazing people and made several new friends. I am no longer employed there, but am hopeful that I can come back one day.
Happy Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 15, 2019
I have been a receptionist at Bonaventure for a few months now and have loved coming to work each day. I have had the chance of meeting some amazing people. People that I work with, Residents, and their Family Members that truly appreciate what Bonaventure does for them. I enjoy seeing their smiling faces every day. Its why I love what I do.
I enjoy caring for the residents
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 15, 2019
I have been working as a Caregiver at my community for a little over a year now. I truly enjoy caring for the residents that need the extra assistance. They are mostly very sweet and kind and seem to appreciate the work that I do, and that means a lot to me.
The pay scale within the company needs an overhaul!
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAMarch 14, 2019
I have only been working for a few months as a housekeeper, and I'm greatly disappointed in the overall condition of the work atmosphere. There is always drama within a department, no body communicates effectively and the pay leaves a lot to be desired. The pay is minimum, no matter your background or experience, and they tell you your wages will increase to compensate for cost of living, but that has yet to happen. Another problem is the accrual of PTO-it's the absolute lowest amount possible over each pay period... Not even worth it. The turnover is also something to consider-every couple of months there are new employees. The aforementioned issues have a lot to do with that.
Pros
Getting to know the senior community
Cons
Management, pay and poor communication and very scant accrual of PTO
March 15, 2019

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your position at Bonaventure of East Wenatchee. We recommend, if you have not already, take some time to speak with your Executive Director. If you do not feel comfortable in doing so, you are welcome to call the Home Office to discuss your concerns with the Human Resources Department. You mentioned that you have only been with the company for a few months. That is typically not long enough to get a raise or to accrue the full amount of PTO. Raises are usually based around performance as well as at your annual review. Also, when a person first starts, you get 2 weeks PTO that accrues over the course of the year given that someone is a Full-Time Employee. Most companies make you wait until you have been employed for 12 months before you can start using your PTO. At Bonaventure, you can start using it immediately. After 2 years of employment, you get 3 weeks of PTO per year, and it continues to increase from there. Again, we invite you to please discuss your concerns with your Executive Director or Human Resources at the Home Office.

The Residents are what makes it worth it
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2019
Working with seniors is AMAZING. There are so many different opportunities to learn, but its so fun when they want to learn from you and from a younger generations point of view. I truly feel that the opportunity I have with these people every day is worth the long hours at time and worth the hard work. I was raised that hard work is what is important and I feel the hard work I put in is making a difference. The people that live here make it all worth it.
I love my job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORMarch 13, 2019
I have been working here for some time now and I must say that I love it here. The people are so nice, caring, understanding, and I just love them. The job itself is a rewarding job that makes me feel good every day. I highly recommend working here to anyone looking for a great job.
March 14, 2019

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We sincerely appreciate it. We're happy to read that you love where you work. When your team mates are nice, caring, and understanding, it can make the job so much more enjoyable and we're glad that you found that at Bonaventure Senior Living. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

Hands Down the BEST
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 7, 2019
I have been working for Bonaventure Senior Living for quite some time now and this is Hands Down the BEST Senior Living Company I have ever worked for. I feel like in my role I have partners that are after the same goals and we work our hardest to achieve them. I work with amazing individuals that love caring for seniors and that keeps me here. I wouldnt change anything about it.
March 8, 2019

Thank you so very much for the truly nice words. We sincerely appreciate it. We're glad that you think that we're the best senior living company you have ever worked for. It's also nice to read that you feel you work with amazing individuals. We hope you have lots of success in your career with Bonaventure Senior Living.

I like my team
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 7, 2019
When we say it's a great day at Bonaventure, we mean it. Every day is something fun, different, and rewarding to experience. I could see this turning in a career for me really quickly. I really like the people I work with and the people I work for.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Not a thing!
March 8, 2019

Thank you for the kind words. We sincerely appreciate it. We're glad that you feel that every day you come to work it is fun, rewarding, and that there's something different every day. That can make for great days at Bonaventure. Let us know if you'd like to add any additional comments or feedback.

A pleasure to work here
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 7, 2019
I enjoy working here. Every day I come to work I get to spend time with what feels like family and friends, plus I get paid for it. That alone is totally worth it. I haven't had any problems with anyone or anything. I just show up, do my job, and go home. It makes for a fast day. This is a good place to work.
March 8, 2019

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it. We're glad that you feel like you come to work and spend time with family and friends. You're right, that is worth it. Having meaningful connections while you work can make for a great day. Let us know if you'd like to add anything else, like other comments, feedback, or any questions.

Nice place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2019
Working at Bonaventure has been a great experience so far. I'm about six months into it and I am developing a tight bond with my team mates. The work can be hard, but it's worth it for the smiles on the residents. I don't understand why everyone here says it's bad. They probably didn't do a good job or something, because everyone I talked to loves working here.
Pros
My team. Good work. Solid Company it seems
Cons
Sometimes days can be long, but you get paid hourly, so reap the rewards of your hard work.
100% Recommend Bonaventure Senior Living
Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 4, 2019
I have been working in the Senior Living Industry off and on for several years now, and have been with Bonaventure Senior Living for the last few years. Their goal of providing the best care for the residents really shines throughout each community. Yes, I have witnessed a few bad apples that no matter what you try to do, there is nothing that will please them, but all in all, the company does a great job for its residents. Most of the employees I have worked with and encountered seem to really love what they do, but then again, you will always have some that just will never be happy.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Great Leadership, Strong Morals and Values
Cons
Long Hours
stressful nothing went well
Excutive Chef (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 3, 2019
it started out OK then it went to heck my 2nd cook was no good, the place I came in to very dirty ,to many specials to keep up with and no help tight sch
care more about hours then service it could be good if they change their menu to chef inspired the menu I had to use was lame and dull the residents wanted my recipes so bad and hungered for my menu take over I tried a little but when other managers started yelling and one other tried to make me look bad that was it ,,,...it has great potential but they need a new leader in food service and a flair for good tasting food and let the Chef be the Chef,good luck to them
Horrible place to work for
Medication Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 2, 2019
I worked here as a med aide and a caregiver for about a year and a half. I was constantly over worked to where I was so burnt out and bitter. The things I saw at that facility were traumatizing caregivers had no experience let alone any heart or care for the residents. The facility is way to over priced for the care they actually get. It may beautiful on the outside but it quickly shows you it’s very ugly.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long hours poor management
Happy To Be Here
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 1, 2019
I have worked in the Senior Living Industry for several years, and when I moved to Oregon, I had been looking at getting back into it, but wanted to work with a great company that had opportunities for me to advance my career. In the time I have been with Bonaventure, I have seen so many people be given the chance to move up within the community or even to Home Office. That tells me that I made the right decision by coming here and I am happy I am. I look forward to the time when I will get the chance to move up as well. Great Company, Great Staff, and even Better Residents.
Working here is great
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 28, 2019
I'd be lying if I said I like going to work every day. I LOVE going to work every day. Giving these seniors a great day and working together with my team is the most rewarding thing I can do with my time. If you want to be part of something amazing, apply now!
March 1, 2019

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it. We are very glad to read that you enjoy going to work every day and that you feel that your position is rewarding. That's always a good thing when it comes to your career. Feel free to reach out to us if you want to give us any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

Helping residents is what it's about...and team work!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 28, 2019
I enjoy my job because I can see that the residents appreciate what everyone does. It is also good because I am part of a team that wants to do better. We all care and come to work every day to make lives better. I love working here and who I work with.
Pros
Residents, team mates
March 1, 2019

Thank you so much for the nice words. We truly appreciate it. We're so glad that you enjoy your job and that you love working in your community. Please feel free to reach out to us if you want to add any additional comments, feedback, or if you have any further questions.

I finally found a career
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  TigardFebruary 28, 2019
I have worked in many places before and none of them seem to have this kind of atmosphere. There's something about coming to work and being part of a team that can make the job fun and worthwhile. Before, I worked at jobs. Now, I have a career. I can't wait to see where it takes me.
Pros
Team feel
March 1, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such nice comments. Thank you. We are so glad that you feel the team atmosphere that is common is our communities. That can make the career you've chosen so much better day to day. If you'd like to add anything else, like comments, feedback, or questions, please reach out to us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.