Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for a first job
Server (Current Employee) –  Bonaventure of SalemOctober 20, 2018
Great opportunity for a first job in the dining room. Many of my friends are looking for first jobs and having to work in fast food places. Here I get to have lots of grandparents!
Pros
Getting to have so many grandparents.
Cons
Not getting spend as much time as I would like with them.
Turn and burn
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 20, 2018
Bring on new people, burn them out in a few months and repeat. Most people are looking for a new job, once they start and see what is happening. Turnover is massive. Might be an industry thing, and not just them.
Pros
You get paid and the checks clear
Cons
Pay is poor, people hate their jobs, management always stressed and angry.
October 22, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately being a caregiver in the Senior Living industry is a position that people get burned out quickly in. However it is also one of the most rewarding positions as you get to work directly with the seniors that rely on you the most. This is the first complaint that we have heard of like this since new management took over that community. If you would like to provide more details, you can email gmansfield@livebsl.com

Exciting and challenging
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 20, 2018
A good company to begin exploring working in. I volunteered and have enjoyed my experience at their community. Enjoyed working with the seniors. I look forward to the opportunity to work there.
I have had the privlidge of not only working with this team at Home Office but I continue to learn and grow.
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 18, 2018
I love that I am able to make a difference either for staff in a community, a family member or a resident. I am Thankful everyday for this amazing opportunity to make a difference!
Pros
Support!
Cons
Don't know if it is a con or job security but the job is never done :)
October 19, 2018

Thank you very much for leaving us these nice comments. We truly appreciate it. Each of our team members make such a big difference to those that are around them and we are very thankful for everything you, and other team members, do to make this such a great company. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Love what we do.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 18, 2018
I have been with Bonaventure a long time and have worked in just about every department here at the home office. I love what we do and so happy to be apart of what is to come.
Pros
Getting to go on site visits and meet residents
Cons
None at this time
October 19, 2018

We appreciate the kind words. Thank you! We're very happy that you love what you do and we wish you many more years of future success. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2018
I am a Regional Director for Bonaventure and I really enjoy my job and the team I work with. Our standards are very high because we believe that Retirement Perfected requires it.
Pros
A cohesive and cooperative team
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your nice comments. We truly appreciate it. We're glad that you enjoy your job and the team that you work with. That can make a career extra special. Email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

Great atmosphere
AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 15, 2018
I enjoy working at Bonaventure thanks to great co-workers and management. The environment is warm and welcoming. I enjoy going to work and no longer dread Monday mornings.
Rewarding company to work for
Operations (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 12, 2018
Bonaventure is a great company to work for. They have extremely high standards (which is not the right fit or environment for everyone) but the hard work pays off in many ways, both financial and spiritual. The executives of the company are very hands on and visible, so you know that when they talk about their vision and their mission it's not just lip service. They mean it and they live it. They care about their residents and their staff and are always striving to improve the satisfaction for both, in whatever ways they can. Working with people is never easy, and there can be long days, stressful days, etc. but serving seniors is incredibly rewarding and Bonaventure manages to make the hard not only worth it, but fun.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate it. We're glad that you think Bonaventure is a great company to work for and that the hard work everyone puts in at our company is both worth it and fun. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Literally the worst senior living community ever.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East WenatcheeOctober 9, 2018
Management is the worst in this company. They do not care about their employees or residents. I would never recommend anyone to go to this place. They overcharge the residents and under pay their staff. They expect perfection but don't provide the staff with nearly enough employees or hours so everyone is way over worked. The turn over rate is by far the worst I've ever experienced. Something is majorly wrong with this company and it needs to change. I feel so sad for all the residents who live there and have to go through multiple caregivers a month and never get to have a solid relationship with any of the employees. They get treated like a number and it's just plain and simply,
WRONG!
Pros
Carestaff actually cares
Cons
Everything else
October 12, 2018

We are sorry that you have left the company with the need to leave a negative review. We would like to point out that as a Medical Assistant, your role is to care for the Seniors in the community. When someone quits with no notice, it leaves the residents in the position of vulnerability which is not fair to them. The priorities of Bonaventure Senior Living are in fact it's residents and employees. Without them, there is no Bonaventure Senior Living. Every applicant that is offered a position in this company knows before accepting the job what their pay will be. Each person has the opportunity to either accept or decline the position having full knowledge of what they will be paid. There is also a period of review, where staff can get raises based on job performance. With that said, we wish you the best on your future career path.

Amazing !!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Freeland, WAOctober 1, 2018
Maple Ridge is like my family. The staff and resident are all very kind and caring. I can honestly say this is the first job that I have had in the Caregiving field and I have felt/recieved more heart felt appreciation than anywhere else I've ever worked.....
Pros
the way I feel appreciated when I leave work.
Cons
Pay and distance from my home
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your review and the hard work you put it. The work you do for our residents each day does not go unnoticed and you are appreciated.

Amazing workplace
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAOctober 1, 2018
Bonaventure is a great place to work for. I always feel welcomed, everyone here is always very nice and with a great attitude. I truly feel like a part of a big family.
Pros
place for advancement, staff
Cons
Productive and fast paced workplace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAOctober 1, 2018
Bonaventure is a great community to work for, I am always happy to be here and help our residents. The staff in this community are always with a great attitude and willing to give their best for our residents.
Pros
residents, staff, place for advancement
Fun workplace
Office Lead (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAOctober 1, 2018
While employed at BSL of EW I have had nothing but good experiences and encounters. The staff, management and residents are all so pleasant and truly form a great family and community. It's always a great day at Bonaventure!
always learning and growing
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 28, 2018
At Bonaventure I have had many opportunities to learn new things and fine tune some processes for a more efficient and productive workday. It is not stress free but things run pretty smooth most of the time.
Great place for recent college graduates!
Jr. Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 21, 2018
I have had the opportunity to work in Bonaventure Senior Living's accounting department for over a year now. The management fosters a self driven environment, but is always more than willing to assist in any situation. This style of environment has helped me grow within my field of study and gain excellent experience. Bonaventure Senior Living is more than willing to help advance an employee's career internally by helping them meet their career goals and steps.The Home Office is filled with many different departments, but all work well together to create the best, "Retirement Perfected" facilities. Overall, this group feels more like a family than co-workers.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Tuition Reimbursment, Flexible Hours, Internal Advancement
September 25, 2018

Thank you for leaving us these nice words. We truly appreciate it. We're so proud to read that you notice that the environment you work in helps you to grow and that you can sense our team oriented atmosphere. Please feel free to email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions.

Working Family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 21, 2018
While working at the Home office, I've grown to appreciate my co-workers and I love supporting the employees, so they are able to take care of our residents.
Pros
Great friendships with colleagues are forms
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the comments. We appreciate it. We're glad that you have grown to appreciate your coworkers. Email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any other comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Challenging work in a fun atmosphere
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 21, 2018
My position is in Accounting and can be very busy, but everyone here knows how to laugh, which makes even the stressful days seem not so bad! There are monthly luncheons to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries, lots of joking around and comradery, an occasional pot luck and we even blow bubbles on Friday's! Right from my first day I felt like I was part of a family.
Pros
Fun people, Good atmosphere, Challenging work
Cons
No Vision Insurance
Larger sized company which feels like working at a small office
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 21, 2018
Everyone at the home office of Bonaventure is wonderful. We all know each other by name. A very nice relaxed work environment where everyone cares for each other. Monthly lunch parties are thrown where birthdays and anniversaries for the month are celebrated. Managers seem to actually care for their employees and everyone cares about the job they do.
Pros
Monthly birthday lunch, 401k, Pto, Relaxed environment
Cons
None that I can think of
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate it. We're glad that you're finding your position a positive experience. We wish you years of success in your career. Please email gmansfield@livebsl.com with any additional comments, feedback, or questions that you may have.

Fantastic Place to Work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, OregonSeptember 21, 2018
I have been here for nearly three years and love my job much more than when I started. They truly care about their employees here and that is something that is rare to find.
Pros
Love coming to work everyday
Cons
I do not have any

Great Place To Work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 21, 2018
I have been working here over 3 years and I am so glad I found this company. I enjoy my job. The work environment is fast-paced and there is never a dull moment. My coworkers are supportive and make coming to work fun. I can't imagine working anywhere else.
September 25, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.