Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

n/a
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2019
you stand around until you get sat. you tip out host that are supposed to bus your tables but the dont and complain about it to management. managers are sexist, and not good at their job.
Good Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 6, 2019
Bonefish Grill was a great job for me. It provided me with some life long friends and awesome bosses. While everyone was professional, the work place was still fun and laid back. It was a job that I did not dread going to.
I wouldn't work here again.
Server/Bartender/Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 31, 2019
The particular location I worked at used to be one of the best, however, it has surely gone downhill. I would go to a different restaurant all together.
Was a great place to grow
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJanuary 30, 2019
Working here enabled me to grow with the company. the training provided in this job is second to none. All the food is at or above all local and state codes
Perfect server position
Server (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Low stress environment for a server position. Good money for effort because checks tend to be on the higher side. Management is laid back. everyone works as a team.
Pros
good money for effort
Cons
a lot of sidework
Organized
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJanuary 29, 2019
I thought the overall experience at Bonefish Grill was a learning experience. The customer's where very kind, management was on point. Co- workers where very helpful.
Pros
Good managment, Employees worked like a team.
Cons
Businesses closed down
Stable
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Fun and interesting people to work with. Pay was fair, and job was easy. Customers were occasionally difficult but managers are wonderful for caring for customers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
can be fast-paced
Great Staff And Management
Head Wait Server/Bartender/Key Manager (Current Employee) –  summerlinJanuary 25, 2019
My management is really great, the partner is awesome. Kitchen is phenomenal, like unreal how amazing they are. Staff is awesome. Location is very slow which is a huge downfall like bad bad downfall.
Pros
great staff
Cons
money is slow
Fast-paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Bone fish Grill is faced paced environment and with good managers and staff can be a fun place to work. However you have to remember that it is customer service and people can be terrible.
Pros
Free meal on double shifts
Cons
No breaks, or uniforms
Working at Bonefish Grill
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 22, 2019
I personally love working at Bonefish. The only reason i am trying to leave is to get something with more steady hours and steady pay. The managers and coworkers are so fun.
Fun, new place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 20, 2019
This was a new restaurant. Fun to begin working at from the beginning with new concepts and outlook on serving. It was a little slow at talking off, but once it did, it did great.
Pros
New and fun
Cons
Not prepared enough for California Environment
Fast paced fine dining
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Think fast and keep moving because someone behind you has a place to go now. Lots of helpful people if you are helpful too. loved learning about the food and wine and telling customers why we are the best. Hardest part is keeping glassware spotless during a busy shift.
Pros
food discount
Cons
late nights
fun, solid place of employment
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2019
I usually started my day coming into to the establishment and checking our reservation list to help prepare me for what to expect. I would then set up the bar and prep fruit and and infusions for that day and days to come!
I learned very much from working here. First and foremost, my favorite: learning mixology- From making in house infusions for signature drinks, to our very own hand crafted syrups, mixes etc.
The culture of the restaurant was very outstanding compared to anywhere I had worked before. Great people, smiling faces, and also made many good friends there.
I hardest part of working there was kitchen ticket time consistency. As we all know guests can be pushy at times.
I enjoyed most the fact there was always room to learn more and better myself as a bartender.
Pros
learning experiences, good friends, regulars that would come to see me
Cons
healthcare
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 15, 2019
Management is relaxed, which is nice from a scheduling perspective but can get tiresome when employees have to pick up most of the slack during busy shifts. Employees are fun and inviting.
Pros
50% off when you work or come in
Cons
Lack of management structure
Great experience
Server, Bartender, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
I started as a server, then was promoted to work on the bar, and then i was promoted to work as a Key Holder to assist management with shifts. great opportunity and product.
Pros
Food and team
Cons
It was not open for lunch business.
Learn another side of an industry
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 13, 2019
This job is hard working and faced paced. Must be fit to lift and be able to work lake. Work conditions may include being damp, dirty and wet for long periods of time. The pay is ok depending on business flow.
Pros
room for advancement and job security
Cons
may have to work till 1am being covered in food and being wet from foods and trash liquids
slow overstaffed
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FL 32953January 11, 2019
everyone there is extraordinarily friendly and work hard to preform their jobs just over staffing can be an issue and movement to any other position then what you are hired for difficult at best
Fast-paced enviornment
Waitress (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2019
I've worked at Bonefish for many years and have watched managers go in and out. The management team as of right now, is not the "Bonefish Way." They want the team to work well together and have fun and although we try to do so, it is also very hard when the management team is not very understanding. I enjoyed my years working with this company and have learned so much from them. I have meet some very amazing people that I now call my friends and I'm very thankful for that. The hardest part I would have to say is the management team. They need a whole new team to bring it back to the Bonefish Way.
Pros
money, friends, great food, great guest.
Cons
no breaks, no checks, poor management
Great restaurant family like environment
Busser (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Been working here for about six months and have enjoyed every moment of it, management is great co workers all get along, is a family like environment
Amazing People
Admin/Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 2, 2019
This is a great place to work! Everyone is helpful and friendly. Management is easy to work for and is very accommodating to your schedule. If you would like to advance into management, you are encouraged and helped along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight