Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Administrative Assistant/Bartender/Headwait
Administrative Assistant, Headwait, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2018
This is a good college job. It provides an inexperience young person with some valuable job experience they can use in their future. I would not, however, suggest this as a permanent career. It is much the same as many other server jobs available. Valuable for experience, but not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Friendly staff, good experience, customer service experience
Cons
Difficult hours, low pay
Stressful, but Fun!!
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 13, 2018
I had the pleasure of being part of this stores opening team. However after the original proprietor left, the new MP didn't have a clue. I quickly began seeking other employment. If you're not too invested in the games and cliques, you can do very well.
great management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 13, 2018
Pro: everyone is nice. great environment to work. if you needed a helping hand manager helps out to get thing done quickly. Very friendly management.
Cons: no cons
Overall Great
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 13, 2018
Great place with a great staff. I was trained well and was given lots of opportunity to show my skills. Managers are pretty good about working with schedule with school and time off. Only thing that would bother me is the "cutting" at the end of the night. They like to leave everyone on for a long time , thus, causing me to make less money. Potentially could make great money if the cuts were done properly.
Summart
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  winston salemMarch 9, 2018
I worked there over a year, management was not fair, and no open door policy with out fear of retaliation. I loved working with customers and giving them the best service I could possible achieve.
Fine dining
Server (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 9, 2018
Fine dining, fun experience, enjoyed my time there, discounts on food items. Nice restaurant. Nice drinks and nice atmosphere
Employees were great ; food was good
Cool money , service industry
Server (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 8, 2018
Bonefish is great for side money , can be a bit exhausting sometimes a lot for servers to do. slow start big middle slow ending shift. Like all restaurant jobs its all about what you make it.
Fast paced and friendly work environment
Host/ Guest Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 7, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at bonefish. The management staff was always courteous and friendly while being assertive. The rest of the staff was always helpful and caring which made the workplace seem like more of a hobby than a job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
I was not able to move into management
I loved working here
Key /Administrative /Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2018
I loved every second of working here. The team is amazing. Great quality of food and culture here. I made great money here. I hated leaving my team. I miss them so much.
Pros
50% off meals, Great team members
Cons
No insurance
Love the people I work with but the management needs some improvement
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 6, 2018
A typical work day involves checking my section for the night and my side work. I start by checking if the ice needs to be filled or the bread needs to be put into the oven and if there are any dishes in the dish area that need to be brought out to expo. I greet my guests with bread, take their drink order and possibly an appetizer order, deliver water to the table, get their drinks from the bar, deliver the drinks and take their dinner order. I serve their dinners... check to see if there is anything else they need... check on them periodically while clearing away empty dishes from the table. When they are done with dinner I offer them dessert and/or coffee and continue to clear the empty dishes. If no dessert is requested I will deliver the check, collect the check, process the check and thank them and wish them a wonderful evening. Once they are gone I will continue to bus the table and reset it.
Pros
The people I work with are wonderful and loving. Very helpful all around.
Great company
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 4, 2018
Bonefish is like one big family. It’s a great company, room for advancement, great benefits, hours are long, but that’s with any restaurant. Bonuses are nice.
Great food. Great drinks. Easy upsell for Better tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 1, 2018
Management was poor. Very poor. They brought in then district manager to fix things. For the most part, he fixed it. But there was a big drug problem amongst employees there. And I’m not talking about marijuana because that’s petty. I’m talking about meth and coke and more.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Drugs
if your managers are good then youre great
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 1, 2018
great workplace its fun you can always learn about new foods from different parts of the world and presentation is appreciated so its cool to be able to make food that not only tastes good but looks good as well
Typical restaurant culture
Server (Former Employee) –  Forest Acres, SCFebruary 28, 2018
Bonefish is a lot different then when i worked there years ago. It's owned by a different company now. i have noticed several closings company wide, so I would keep that in mind if you were looking for long term employment.
fun place cool people
Host (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 28, 2018
it was great. the people are friendly and you'll have a great time it was a good experience nothing really bad to say the pay rate could be a little higher but overall its pretty good.
Great Part Time Job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 27, 2018
I worked for Bonefish Grill for almost four years; I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, the lack of hours given became an issue for me after a while and was the reason why I ended up leaving. The management and staff during my time there were great and it was definitely an incredible work experience and helped me get through my first two years of college.
Pros
50% off of food as a employee
Cons
lack of hours
Supportive and Team behavior
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34613February 27, 2018
All staff worked as a team and made sure to help everyone, all staff is very supportive and willing to go above and beyond.

Workplace is very professional, neat and organized.

They are understanding to life outside of work and are able to work with you and accommodate your needs.
Fun until management change
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COFebruary 26, 2018
Great place before new owner took over. Hard to get him to listen and respect employees. Great money and not a job you take home. Coworkers are nice, helpful
Pros
50% meals
Cons
Must be able to memorize a lot
Not too shabby
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 26, 2018
Long hours. Rough work home balance. At times sub par upper management. Training was lacking in the management program. Forced through candidates without support when activated into role.
Benefits
Refreshing
Server, Coordinating, To-Go Hostess, Busser (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 24, 2018
It was refreshing to work for a company that cares so much about their employees and their guests. the guests were so loyal to the brand and I really enjoyed getting to know my regulars and was able to get as many hours as I needed! The Tip share was the best part!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight